Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
What brothers have to do with giants?
Ultramen maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
I thought kyodai translated to giant.
I assume you just confused “Kyodai” with “Kyojin”.
Old 2013-08-22, 12:18   Link #944
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
That's great MJP is my most favourite mecha of recent years. It definitely deserve second season more than Valvrave.
I agree 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Same here.

In fact, not only is it the best mecha I've seen since the first season of Gundam 00, but is also the best Power Rangers series I've seen in a while lol.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 2013-08-22, 12:43   Link #945
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Well I just watched the episode and WOW
Spoiler for HUGE SPOILER:

Quote:
best mecha I've seen since the first season of Gundam 00
Clearly you've never seen Shin Mazinger Z.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 12:45   Link #946
ReddyRedWolf

Props to the guy who joked Theoria is Izuru's mom.

Turns out she is his biological mom. The reason he remembers her is that she likely took care of him as a child before she gave him up. Poor boy with his memory wiped he is prone to genetic sexual attraction.

Simon is Izuru and Asagi's biological father. For some reason Asagi suspected Simon is his father all along.

Paternal, maternal and Wulgaru DNA would also explain differences between anime Rabbits and manga Rabbits.

Simon at least has four sons. Izuru, Asagi and their younger brothers with the same name at the academy.

Differences in donors, which according to the manga are thousands, resulted in different hair colored Tamakis and Kei. Both Kei's having their amazing hearing. Though manga Kei wins over her anime sister in beast size. Anime Kei is blond while manga Kei is a brunette.

Both Tamaki's have huge chests but different hair color, manga Tamaki is blond. Not to mention manga Tamaki is a quiet stoic while anime Tamaki is excitable.

Other than ages and anime Ataru having memory wiped the Ataru siblings are pretty much the same. They are both mecha and gun nuts.

The Asagi siblings have stomach acidity problems. Only anime Asagi has a better relationship with his Izuru as they are in the same team from the get go. Manga Asagi and Izuru are rivals and they know from the beginning they are brothers.

The Izuru siblings both are otaku and mangaka. We don't know if manga Izuru has Theoria's genes.

Oh manga Team Rabbits like Team Dobberman still has memory of their foster parents.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 12:47   Link #947
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, it is now confirmed that
Spoiler:
Old 2013-08-22, 12:48   Link #948
Irenesharda

What is it with this show and that they want to pack all of the drama into the last leg of episodes? You know you guy could have space all this out, rather than deciding to do a ton of reveals in the last 5 or so episodes!

Anyway, like I said, this episode was full of reveals as Tamaki learns that Patrick liked her, we learn that the Wulgaru won't survive long after the gate's destroyed and what that means for both our villains and heroes. We learn that Izuru's genes are deteriorating at a rapid pace, and probably the same has been happening to Asagi, since it seems the two are actually brothers, with their mother as Theoria and their father is Cmdr. Simon. I'm actually suspecting that Ange might be the same, as they are pulling his/her health into question as well.

So, do all of the ASHMB pilots share the same maternal DNA in that Theoria donated her genetic material to the making of all of them? If that's the case, then are they all at least half-siblings? As for Izuru and Asagi, it was apparent they were brothers the moment they asked him to test pilot Red 5, and many had already guessed that Simon was Izuru's father.

However, unfortunately this all places a bit of a death flag on Izuru. We learn that one of his love interests is pretty much his mother, and the other he has absolutely no interest in. Asagi however obviously likes Kei, and he might confess to her soon. Also, Izuru (and possibly Asagi) have a debilitating disease and/or side effects that will probably be exacerbated by him continuing to pilot, especially in its advance form. Also, Asagi has always had that want to simply be the hero. He has no real ties to anyone except his want to protect his friends. I wouldn't be surprised if he dies in the end during the last battle against Jiart (who is technically his uncle?)

This was a very good episode where we see loads of development in the plot and in Izuru and Asagi, and even surprisingly Tamaki. I give it an 8/10.

Also, it seems that again, the Wulgaru seem to be the most interesting thing in this show. Despite the vapid Theoria ( who doesn't seem to mind sentencing her own people to sickness and death), all the other Wulgaru make this show, especially since we learn that Izuru and Asagi are pretty much at least half-Wulgaru as well.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 12:56   Link #949
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Does this mean Kei has a chance now?

Told you Chandra is still alive. ED was a dead giveaway. Don't kill him off that quickly...
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 12:58   Link #950
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
with their mother as Theoria and their father is Cmdr. Simon.
Rin said same paternal source, meaning it is very likely Asagi has a different mother.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 13:02   Link #951
ReddyRedWolf

Theoria bringing Wulgaru DNA from conquered worlds would explain the different specialties of Team Rabbits like Kei's hearing and Tamaki's G-resistance.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2013-08-22 at 13:12.
Old 2013-08-22, 13:14   Link #952
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Rin said same paternal source, meaning it is very likely Asagi has a different mother.
That's actually pretty confusing. Rin says that in order to create the AHSMB pilots they needed to use as close to pure Wulgaru DNA as they could get, and to do that they used Theoria's DNA. This actually indicates that all of the AHSMB pilots have Theoria's DNA, and not just Izuru?

So, does that make all of Team Rabbits sort of half-siblings? Also, it seems to be indicative that Ange is having genetic problems too, which may suggest that he/she is related too?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-08-22, 13:24   Link #953
cyberdemon

Izuru seems to be special though according to Teoria in previous episodes. I wonder if there was something different about his birth compared to the rest.
Old 2013-08-22, 13:24   Link #954
ReddyRedWolf

It is not to me. It is obvious Theoria brought with her Wulgaru DNA samples.

Izuru was conceived from her own genes and that of Simon.
Old 2013-08-22, 13:32   Link #955
Puu

Poor Izuru when he finds out.

Anyway, you know? I think it was really heartbreaking to see Izuru's hands shake like that. I mean, usually, to get the point of life-threatening diseases we get the "cough of doom" but ... knowing how Izuru feels about his art, that just hit home for me...

Don't die, Izuru ;_; You still need to make hentai manga in memory of Randy
Puu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 13:41   Link #956
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Izuru seems to be special though according to Teoria in previous episodes. I wonder if there was something different about his birth compared to the rest.
Probably a actual birth compared to the normal test tube baby.
Old 2013-08-22, 13:45   Link #957
Key Board
Carbon

not surprised Izuru is dying

called it way back
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 13:46   Link #958
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
That's actually pretty confusing. Rin says that in order to create the AHSMB pilots they needed to use as close to pure Wulgaru DNA as they could get, and to do that they used Theoria's DNA. This actually indicates that all of the AHSMB pilots have Theoria's DNA, and not just Izuru?

So, does that make all of Team Rabbits sort of half-siblings? Also, it seems to be indicative that Ange is having genetic problems too, which may suggest that he/she is related too?
So Izuru's options for women comes down to a woman who is pretty much his mother or a woman who is very likely his sister?
Old 2013-08-22, 14:01   Link #959
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
It is not to me. It is obvious Theoria brought with her Wulgaru DNA samples.

Izuru was conceived from her own genes and that of Simon.
But they didn't say that they used any sort of random samples. They specifically say that they used Teoria's genes for the pilots with an 's'. Since she's a royal, I guess her genes are more pure than other Wulgaru?

But I guess it makes sense when you remember back to the fact that there are different genetic castes of Wulgaru and the higher class you are the better genes you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
So Izuru's options for women comes down to a woman who is pretty much his mother or a woman who is very likely his sister?
And this is why I'm starting to doubt Izuru's going to survive this. He's interested in Teoria, but she's pretty much his mother, and from what he says in this episode, Izuru's thoughts toward Kei seem to be totally platonic, and he also has this degenerative disease. Plus, he's always wanted to be the hero. What's more heroic then giving your life to save your friends and humanity?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2013-08-22 at 14:24.
Old 2013-08-22, 14:52   Link #960
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post

Spoiler for I think you misread or misinterpreted the lines...:

Last edited by whsie; 2013-08-22 at 15:05.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, actual mecha action, comedy, mecha, science fiction