AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-12-14, 20:59   Link #41
bladestorm91

Any differences between the web and light novel?
bladestorm91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-21, 22:25   Link #42
laon
Hantai

I've just started reading this (WN), kinda refreshing to see reincarnation themed MC who fight bare handed.

By the way, MC and the meganeko got into relationship (THAT kind of relationship) straight after her arc end (first volume?). I guess that's kind of a plus for people who are tired with the usual teen MC and heroine antics.

Also, some tidbit
Spoiler:

Last edited by laon; 2014-12-22 at 02:47.
laon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 17:24   Link #43
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by laon View Post
I've just started reading this (WN), kinda refreshing to see reincarnation themed MC who fight bare handed.

By the way, MC and the meganeko got into relationship (THAT kind of relationship) straight after her arc end (first volume?). I guess that's kind of a plus for people who are tired with the usual teen MC and heroine antics.

Also, some tidbit
Spoiler:
Spoiler for reply:
Minato is really maxing out his mad scientist in the last few chapters.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 17:40   Link #44
@GEMC

Is there any summaries of the volume you can give
Old 2014-12-22, 19:13   Link #45
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by @GEMC View Post
Is there any summaries of the volume you can give
Spoiler for Vol 1:

Spoiler for Vol 2:

Spoiler for Vol 3:

Spoiler for Vol 4:

Spoiler for Vol 5:

Spoiler for Vol 6:

I put it on hold in volume 7, though I'm still technically reading this one, they got an invitation to visit the king in the capital so he goes there to do that and meet with his other siblings in the capital.

Spoiler for List of Monsters:

Edit: also the MC is power ranger black, and Eru is power ranger green for reference.
Old 2014-12-22, 20:01   Link #46
NP-3228

So the main characters are color coded by the power rangers and it follows a monster of the day format? Thats what im getting here.
NP-3228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 20:10   Link #47
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NP-3228 View Post
So the main characters are color coded by the power rangers and it follows a monster of the day format? Thats what im getting here.
The MC also likes to fuse with his pet owl and shoot rainbow colored laser beams out of his fingers and eyes while yelling things.

There wasn't really any monsters in the 5th volume. Though pretty much every arc results in some sort of chaotic melee with lots of running, screaming, and monsters/evil villains killing innocents and stuff. Kind of.

In a way it's a lot like power rangers actually... not really... but kind of.
Old 2014-12-22, 20:24   Link #48
laon
Hantai

Quote:
Originally Posted by NP-3228 View Post
Lots of WN are "power ranger" if you generalise color and fighting monster as criterion for being one.
Old 2014-12-23, 02:42   Link #49
Hajiko

Anyone working on it already?
Old 2014-12-23, 03:01   Link #50
NovelReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
Spoiler for Vol 1:

Spoiler for Vol 2:

Spoiler for Vol 3:

Spoiler for Vol 4:

Spoiler for Vol 5:

Spoiler for Vol 6:

I put it on hold in volume 7, though I'm still technically reading this one, they got an invitation to visit the king in the capital so he goes there to do that and meet with his other siblings in the capital.

Spoiler for List of Monsters:

Edit: also the MC is power ranger black, and Eru is power ranger green for reference.
Must....resist....just finished vol 1 yesterday lol.
NovelReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-23, 04:01   Link #51
senjiro
ecchi sage

Lol pretty interesting...
I read until he and his "stepmother " that... after my brain burned....
On a side note. I idk i read very well chinese wn with gt but in narou i get tired after few chapters... taking note i
Like much more jp ln i am confused.... x-files?
Mari the pityfull witch
senjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-23, 06:31   Link #52
bludvein

Vol 5 is just generally cathartic to those people who rage on Kouki in the Arifureta thread(myself included). It's just one long series of the Kouki stand-in(Lute) getting taken advantage of, mocked, treated like a nuisance, and just generally owned.
Old 2014-12-24, 09:11   Link #53
laon
Hantai

Got to around chapter 100~ and just like most long running WN (and LN), the exposition narrative can get really really bad and long winded sometimes it takes like 50 lines of useless talking (or thinking) during battle. Uh hello? The enemy won't wait for like 10 minutes for you to have pleasant chats among your companion and for the novel itself, it just break the tension and believability. Write that useless shit later, at least not when MC lover scream "hurry u-" or when his greatest enemy is right in front of him (obediently waiting the author finish his 50 lines of useless trivia).
Old 2014-12-30, 21:45   Link #54
NeoDarklight

I'm assuming the only way to read this as of now is to either know Japanese or MTL it. That said, I do not know Japanese, and I am too sick to do the latter. Are any of the groups interested in translating this? Also, how far does the WN version go?
NeoDarklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 22:43   Link #55
bludvein

Spoiler for Latest Raw Chapter(164):
Old 2014-12-30, 22:59   Link #56
jheno13
Apostle's apprentice

Has anyone put up a request in ReTrans for this wn?

They don't accept every request but if a translator liked this he/she might translate this wn...
Old 2014-12-31, 00:16   Link #57
NeoDarklight

You know, the first time I saw the name of this wn, I could only think about the Digimon Tamers intro song.
NeoDarklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 12:25   Link #58
imram

I have some questions:
1-Dose the MC know the scubas is not his real mother? What was the content of the letter?
2-Can human use magic, if not does that mean the MC can use magic because of the mutation? Also did his life span also change because of it?
3-Did he make any inventions?
4- Is his sister (from vol 4) also a human, if so how old is she? And did she fall for the MC?
5-Did he cheat on his girlfriend? Or he devoted to her?
6-How powerful is the MC comparing to his mother and sibling? Dose his sibling know that he is not related to them by blood?
imram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 16:12   Link #59
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by imram View Post
I have some questions:
1-Dose the MC know the scubas is not his real mother? What was the content of the letter?
2-Can human use magic, if not does that mean the MC can use magic because of the mutation? Also did his life span also change because of it?
3-Did he make any inventions?
4- Is his sister (from vol 4) also a human, if so how old is she? And did she fall for the MC?
5-Did he cheat on his girlfriend? Or he devoted to her?
6-How powerful is the MC comparing to his mother and sibling? Dose his sibling know that he is not related to them by blood?
1. Yes, although for all intent and purpose she is his mother. Their relationship doesn't change despite what happened. Which letter?

2. They can, but it's a somewhat rare talent. The only thing that changed with his magic is Minato got all-attribute aptitude, compared to the usual 1. It's very possible his lifespan changed(either due to his mutation or Elemental Blood), but it's not a certainty yet.

3. Tons of them. I did say he was a mad scientist type, right?

4. None of the currently alive siblings are human, since they died from old age and the mother refused to have any more until Minato. The sister is a fox beastman race, and no she isn't into Minato(or the reverse). She's like 100+ years old in addition to being his sister, and she's not a weirdo like the mother. She is basically in charge of the monitoring set up by the mother so that Minato doesn't do anything too crazy, like selling superweapons or using magic harmful to himself.

5. Is it cheating if the girlfriend knows about it and tentatively gave the okay? Think of it like Arifureta, where there is one "legal wife" and an inevitable harem.

6. Still a ways to go to match up to the mother, but that's not saying much considering she is probably the strongest being in that world. Minato is stronger than most of his siblings, but we haven't seen the oldest ones fight seriously. I guess, but it's not like they would treat him differently whether they knew or not.

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-12-31 at 20:25.
Old 2014-12-31, 22:01   Link #60
laon
Hantai

Spoiler for bout the sibling's race:

Tags
adventurer, fantasy, harem, mad scientist mc, rape, reincarnation, shotacon, webnovel