AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-05-29, 23:32   Link #541
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Here's the rough idea, haxx aside.
Basically the Combat Cyborg is able to read and copy a person's spell, but only for one use. Also, the spell cant be too powerful; no copying SLB, for example. This is simply cause the character isn't powerful enough to cast it. After this one use, the cyborg has to spend time to recopy it.

Well that's the gist of it. You can expand on it Comar.

That a pretty good one, Kagerou. That way the Cyborg itself is not too powerful compared to others. Your idea reminds me of the Black Card in Mx0 too
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 23:34   Link #542
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Hmm.....

A thought on that; how about the cyborg copies the one spell, but can choose to store it in his/her data/memory banks for later analysis instead of casting it right away. Not for permanent copying into a device or something of that sort, but for analyzing the spell itself; how it is cast, power requirements, components of the template, etc. Through this, the cyborg can then attempt to learn the spell on his own using his copy as a guideline.

Say for instance that the cyborg gets his hands on Nanoha's linker core and copies SLB. While he can't cast the spell itself, not having the necessary power for it, what he can do is analyze the spell's construction, pick out the collection template, and learn how to apply it to one of his own spells, or downsize the entire spell into a new spell identical to SLB but ranked 'A' instead of S.

As opposed to simply stealing spells from other mages, the IS now becomes more of a rather unorthodox training tool, rather like stealing pages out of an instruction manual or... actually, no. A blueprint would be a more appropriate label; even if you have the plans, you still have to build the spell yourself.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 23:38   Link #543
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

I think thats a unique idea >_0. I have nothing against it either .
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 02:37   Link #544
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
lol XD But that would screw it up, it's enough with one fate/stay night character in the Nanoha section.
It is...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Keep at those dailies then you can start grinding away at those Netherwing Ledge quests for your Netherdrake
Not going to bother. Dwarves should ride Gryphon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Why does having a Naaru saying 'usoda' just seem...weird
Even the facial expression don't compute. That was omake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha View Post
*Peeks in, sees insanity.*
Well, here's the next chapter, thanks for betaing go to PhoenixG and Aaron008R. Especially to PhoenixG for helping me hammer one scene into order.

After reading the comments on the last chapter, i changed the format again. Now there's an empty line everytime someone talks.

Oh, and this is the longest chapter so far, with 6800 words, have fun.

previous chapters: index post

Spoiler for Chapter 4:

There you go, comments?
...0_0

Now that I've a rough idea what was going on in your take, I must ask if there is a plausible explanation as to why Alicia was in 2 places at once. Soul split? Didn't quite get it...

But the fact that the Tower has been there for ages, and the "research materials" could be the Tronium that Skane is after, and the end effect could lead to the sacking of Renault, I'd say that I could use this for Khrack. Davram isn't Skane's ally, but I believe the Tacitus has some information about the mana-saturated ground, and the existence of the Lich. I could even theorize that that fleeing raggle of scientists were the Saboteurs that were sneaked into the facility to add a catalyst to the mix. :3

Despite reaching the present, more questions have been raised. Hoping for the next chapter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fate- View Post
Yeah, I thought if Fate takes the initiative, the impact would be bigger .

Its really nice to know that we have a something in common including our works itself

Long Live FATE-CHAN!

Though in my Khrack, she doesn't exactly get to grow old... You know what they say about clones...

Quote:
That statement just made my day >_0
No problem. :3

Quote:
Yeah, thanks. I gotta be more positive too. By the way, I was kidding on the last comment . Kha is perfectly cool >_0
...you acting like Illya is a little freaky, since Shiro count as one of my alter egos...
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 03:12   Link #545
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
...0_0

Spoiler for spoilered:

Despite reaching the present, more questions have been raised. Hoping for the next chapter!
c'mon kha, atleast use spoiler tags
as for the explanation:
Spoiler for explanation:
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
SpaceBrotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 06:18   Link #546
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I didn't think random musing needed spoiler tags, unless...!
Old 2008-05-30, 07:16   Link #547
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Hmm.....

A thought on that; how about the cyborg copies the one spell, but can choose to store it in his/her data/memory banks for later analysis instead of casting it right away. Not for permanent copying into a device or something of that sort, but for analyzing the spell itself; how it is cast, power requirements, components of the template, etc. Through this, the cyborg can then attempt to learn the spell on his own using his copy as a guideline.

Say for instance that the cyborg gets his hands on Nanoha's linker core and copies SLB. While he can't cast the spell itself, not having the necessary power for it, what he can do is analyze the spell's construction, pick out the collection template, and learn how to apply it to one of his own spells, or downsize the entire spell into a new spell identical to SLB but ranked 'A' instead of S.

As opposed to simply stealing spells from other mages, the IS now becomes more of a rather unorthodox training tool, rather like stealing pages out of an instruction manual or... actually, no. A blueprint would be a more appropriate label; even if you have the plans, you still have to build the spell yourself.
Sounds good to me, though I'd suggest limiting the amount of copied spells to a certain number. You won't want your cyborg overloaded from building computations and equations excessively. And also, I think Mana Conversion Affinity spells shouldn't be usable, since the cyborg doesn't have a suitable Linker Core for it? You can modify it to be something else, like what you said, but you cannot produce the same Photon Lancer: Phalanx Shift with electrical properties.
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 10:20   Link #548
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Hmm.....

Sounds like photocopying music notes for further reference =3.

This sounds very much like a idea I have for Hayate as the Tome's Meister, based on my understanding of her RS 蒐集行使 .

Basically for my case, I give Hayate a similar ability that allows her to analyse and understand magic via two ways. One is the tested and proven Linker Core Drain. The other, much slower way is for Hayate to experience the magic in question via seeing, hearing, feeling it, in action as well as its after-effects. The information, like in the case of Comar's cyborg, is pieced together within the Tome, allowing Hayate and Rein to analyse it.

The original version of this ability was supposed to be Hayate's own Sharingan, but I thought that was too haxxed and not so fun to play with and modified it to something like this. Now that I think of it, it's better this way too, as this ability might actually be useful to Hayate as an investigator, helping her to be able gather and piece clues to gather with better efficiency =3.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 10:55   Link #549
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Huff... finally!

I really stuck here but I'm happy that I was able to finish it.

So... here is Part 4 of my main story! Enjoy!

Spoiler for Part4:

Last edited by Kyral; 2008-05-31 at 07:13.
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 12:25   Link #550
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha View Post
*Peeks in, sees insanity.*
Well, here's the next chapter, thanks for betaing go to PhoenixG and Aaron008R. Especially to PhoenixG for helping me hammer one scene into order.

After reading the comments on the last chapter, i changed the format again. Now there's an empty line everytime someone talks.

Oh, and this is the longest chapter so far, with 6800 words, have fun.

previous chapters: index post

Spoiler for Chapter 4:

There you go, comments?
Buh...
what just happened? Is it awesome?
Old 2008-05-30, 12:27   Link #551
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Buh...
what just happened? Is it awesome?
Davram, Ursus and Iris happened. And it's awesome.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 19:35   Link #552
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Thirdly, the Alphaverse, to quote myself on IRC, breaks canon and smashes the pieces. I'll be the first to tell you that it's wildly outside of the accepted norm and only is getting a pass because of my apathy to haxxbusting (now that the basics of my trials are over), the fact that I've had to explain everything in great detail about the way I've changed the universe (Pretty sure my chapters are among the biggest in the OCT, save for PFs and maybe Aaron's), and the fact that I had to include a disclaimer that this occurs on a branch-off track in the standard Kerokanon (I usually put the break in timeline right after Aaron's fic, because I feel like that's where it would be).
You also hardly got a free pass I tore into you when you purposed it and I still don't really like it at all. I've stated this before, but I've always felt that at some point when you just crap all over canon and change everything it's like "why are you writing a 'fan fic' anyway?" at some point the thing becomes so mutated that frankly it barely even resemlbes the unvierse it's supposedly happening in. Alpha has crossed that line IMO and I now consider it less a Nanoha fic then a Halo crossover in disguise.

Quote:
The thing about it is, I think, is that you scrap ideas way to damn quickly. If I may suggest, how about working on an idea for an extended period of time, let it get busted, and give a finished version.
That's part of the issue though the fact is IMO some of the ideas he comes up with also just aren't that good... He's sort of like Kha in this regard expect pushy and combative when people disagree with his ideas.

Quote:
True for you maybe. I'm always willing to give people a few chances XD.
First impressions are always the most important and Coma's sucked and he did little to fix it for sometime afterwards. He didn't just dig a hole he blasted a massive crater with dynamite that he's still trying to climb out of.

Quote:
...okay it amounts to this.
B-rank Blue Mage: "YAY I CAN CAST STARLIGHT BREAKER!"
*Casts SLB*
B-rank Blue Mage: "Oh blarghag I am ded because I tried casting an S-rank spell."
I'm less worried about that and more concerned by the fact that after awhile he'd be basiclly unstoppable by someone of similiar level cause he'd have a spell to counter ANYTHING. There's more to be balanced and realistic then there being SOMETHING out there that can kill you, but whatever I've pretty much already put him on my ignore list.

Quote:
Character assassination aside...
...like I don't go against canon?
Indeed and you’ll recall that I and sevreal others hated the idea of Alpha when you purposed it and I still don’t like it which is why I really only pay it a pittacne of attention. Which is what I’m doing to Coma now really I don’t like most of his stuff so I’m ignoring it.

Quote:
It's occasionally serious.
Occasionally.
When is that occasion is it before or after we have a 20 minute chat war to try and carry away Kriss involing duck commandos, goo missiles, and more WoW spells then you can shake a stick at?

Quote:
Which is why I'm always willing to give people a pass their first time here. Ignorance is only inexcusable when it comes to police law :3
*Reminds Kag that TK is studying Criminal Justice...*

I acutally tend to consider the first impression very important because frankly how someone behaves when going into a new group of situation can tell you allot about them and indeed is often the most honest impression of them you'll get. It’s just how life works first impressions matter. Allot. There’s actual scientific research on the subject that proves it and yeah maybe ideally it shouldn’t but it dose in real life and online. Go to a job interview or the first day of work poorly dressed, un-showered, and not having slept the night before even if that’s a freakish anomaly for you that impression will color the people that meet you for a LONG time.

Quote:
The only thing I can see that's a problem is that you're not getting more powerful from having these spells, unless your character is good as manipulating the spells to working at lower-levels.
He'd be plenty powerful probably overpowered against guys at his own level since frankly after a little while he'd have a spell for ANYTHING. You guys seem to be like "well the most elite mages in the TSAB could probaly take him and he couldn't steal SLB so he's balanced." IMO you aren't really thinking this through that well. Yeah he couldn't just steal and spam Nanoha's spells, but he probably could steal and quickly spam the spells of anyone from the Fowards on down, and that could very quickly make him nearly unstoppable by guys at this level and with no weaknesses of note. To me a char isn't realistic and balanced if the highest level guys in the universe can defeat him he's balanced if there's way his peers could reasaonbly defeat or counter him and properly abused this ablity could easily render him almost invulnrable to any fight were the enemy dosen't have a gross power advantage.

Quote:
Depends on the system and language. Combat Cyborg's probably are programmed off of Midchildan and whatever version of computer code they use. Since magic is pretty much algebraic equations anyway (at least, if I recall that is mentioned), a Cyborg IMO would have an easier time regarding this part.
As noted most combat Cyborgs don't even seem to be able to use magic... Which was another issue I had with this that it was in the form of an IS. I'd have been notably less vehmently against it if this was a spell on say a high level mage, but to just tack it on a Cyborg when the vast bulk of them we see are weak or even magiclly blunt put me off it considerably. It just smacked of a lack of thought and a disregard for what canon tends to indicate and that annoyed me.

That was really my main technical issue with it an IS isn't magic, it's magic like but it's not magic and yet this IS could copy real honest to god magic from the very soruce of the stuff no less! That was a just a big "Dose not Compute" to me. This might not have been that clear in the IRC, but frankly that's just another reason I don't like busting in IRC stuff get's lost or dosen't come across clearly.

Quote:
So Subaru, who copied Divine Buster, has the power of a Lost Logia? Or Erio, who copied one of Fate's and one of Signum's spells? Pff.
There's a MINOR differecne between either copying something yourself possibly over the coruse of years (and I myself happen to think that DB style spells are common as dirt in the Mid Magic system anyway) and or being taught it by the orginal user and forcably extracting it from an unwilling donor. Also in the case of DB the spells name is really the only thing it has in common with the orginal it's totally diffrent in practice making it a questionable example. The Signum/Erio one is the same deal he didn't suddenly start shooting flames in fact the name and vaugely similair effect were really the only things they had in common. The Signum/Erio one is the same deal he didn't suddenly start shooting flames in fact the name and vaguely similar effect were really the only things they had in common.

Quote:
...He never said anything about Linker Core absorption.
He's talking about copying stuff directly from it basiclly absorbing the data on it and I've NEVER liked abilities that can directly effect linker cores first off becasue inside canon they seem to be very much in the realm of LL and second becasue they're just way to open for abuse and cheese.

Quote:
...we have a relationship chart?
It's floating around somewhere.

Quote:
*headdesk* Comar is nowhere near that bad. He just throws out-of-the-box ideas out there that everyone WTFs over.

He's like me in that regard.
...I wonder... can I handle two apprentices?
*Cackles madly*
If want to try and recruit another guy to go chop up canon with reckless abandoned I can't really stop you, but I can say it sucks. To me just tossing out the canon of a universe when writing fan fics is a no-no when you decide to write a fan-fic you're borrowing a universe and when you borrow something you ought to treat it with respect and try to leave it as you found it. Like not say taking you're buddies car for a week then giving it back to him painted hot pink with spinners and a new shag carpet interior.

That's my philosophies when it comes to Fan-Fic and it's why I tend to be such a stickler for canon cause I feel if you're gonna play in another guys sandbox you shouldn't take a dump in it.

Quote:
TL;DR: Comartemis is a perfectly normal kid and there's nothing wrong with him. Either the rest of the OCT can lighten up on him (read: Ghaz, Goose, TK, Sheba, a few of you on IRC) so the rest of us can finally have some goddamn normalcy in this thread (normal for us anyway) or I'll start finding him ways to piss you off (and considering how well I at least know Goose and TK, this will include some viable yet somehow uber-haxxed magic and bio-organic space aliens).

SO THERE
Unlikely to work I've already pretty much reached the "no longer give two shits" level with Coma much like I did with ATC and if he's just going to go off and crap out his own little fan fic when I don't really care that much. Actually if he'd made that point clearer to start with I might not have cared that much to begin with.

I'd probably merely comment that I think the new stuff sucks and move on just like I did with the "Spawn" who by the way I still feel are total and utter dogshit and highly uninteresting and quite possibly the most boring villains in any ongoing fic at the moment. "Oh noez evil space zombies that want to turn us all into more space zombies!!!" Compelling stuff. If it makes you feel better thoughg I felt the Flood sucked ass in Halo too and only vaguely tolerated them because they pushed the vastly more interesting Covenant plot forward. I think it’s also telling that pretty much none of the novels deal with the flood (aside from the one that HAD too) and focused more on the vastly more interesting Covenant.

Last edited by Tk3997; 2008-05-30 at 19:53.
Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 19:54   Link #553
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Hey TK a question: Have you actually ever looked at my characters? Because I wouldn't mind an opinion from you on any of my characters that I've released so far.

Unless of course I'm on your list of "people I don't feel are following canon" then that's fine with me, I live with that.
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 20:11   Link #554
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
First impressions are always the most important and Coma's sucked and he did little to fix it for sometime afterwards. He didn't just dig a hole he blasted a massive crater with dynamite that he's still trying to climb out of.
You know the fun part about that statement, TK? I'm trying to climb out of that hole and get a smidgen of respect around here instead of being the stupid new guy who doesn't have the faintest idea what he's doing. When was the last time you tried being less of a prick to anyone who pisses you off?

I reserve the right to be an asshole to whoever I want whenever I want to counter all the times I'm usually such a nice guy, but I save my insults for people who've actually done something to deserve them. I can sort of understand your frustration with the stupid n00b with the crazy ideas, but what the hell did Kage do to deserve your insults? Write a fanfic you didn't like? Oh boo hoo, go tell it to the guys on FF.net, I'm sure they'll be real sympathetic.

Quote:
He's sort of like Kha in this regard expect imputdent
Oh that's rich. I'm fully aware of the fact that I don't have as great a mastery of this series and all its' quirks as the rest of you, and if someone comes up with straight-up canon evidence that one of my ideas is fatally flawed, 9/10 times I have folded like a house of cards; in fact that's one of the reasons I switch ideas so often. Everything I created which was declared haxxed was ultimately dropped or nerfed, even the M4, which, if you recall, I claimed I wouldn't compromise on.

Quote:
and whiney when people disagree with his ideas.
Whiny, huh? So I'm whiny for defending an idea that I think works instead of keeling over and accepting at face value the word of the Great and Terrible TK? Maybe I should cave in and trash my ideas at the first hint of disapproval from anyone on these boards, would that make you happy?

Quote:
As noted most combat Cyborgs don't even seem to be able to use magic...
A logic question for you, TK: Jail makes extensive usage of AMF in his forces, to the point where at least one of the Numbers (Cinque) possesses her own form of AMF defense. Now given that the Numbers frequently operate in tandem with Gadget reinforcements, what's the purpose in training them to use magic when they wouldn't be able to use it--at least not very well--among their own forces?

It's not that the cyborgs can't use magic; it's that they don't because they aren't trained in its' usage.

Quote:
Which is what I’m doing to Coma now really I don’t like most of his stuff so I’m ignoring it.
Excellent, that means I don't have to worry about your insults anymore. By all means, please ignore away.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-05-30, 21:35   Link #555
Aaron008R

This is as close to an agreement as I could hope for, I guess...

Okay. Case Closed. Since the intent is already clear, please just continue to ignore each other for the most part to avoid unnecessary friction. Agreed?

Let's draw a cute little line here as a border.

I'd appreciate if any pursuance of some extraneous comments be taken elsewhere. We're all entitled to our opinions. So it would be nice if this developed no further in the wrong direction.:3 No buts.

Comartemis shouldn't be flacked any further since we've already agreed. Just lay off the guy or at least go easy on him since the matter is clear. Interesting idea, BTW.:3 Downsizing should work, IMO. =3

Tk is just a hopeless crit-fu expert with a chainsaw for a tongue () to match; I couldn't imagine it otherwise. And Kagerou knows that already. No need to worry about the two of them since their still buddy-buddies (I hope) anyway even with this 'friendly' comment tirades.:3 No need to pursue the matter any further as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@-Fate-: I At your recent sketch!!!
O didn't think it was part of the plan at first, but I sure as heck don't have any complaints!XD Consider me one of the several FateXAsclei shippers from now on! Good work!

@Ilya: Sorry if I wasn't able to give you a proper welcome. And of course, Welcome to the OC thread! I hope you enjoy your stay.:3 When can we see some OC's?=3 (And BTW, thanks for the avatar, BTW.)

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2008-05-30 at 21:45.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 21:44   Link #556
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Garh Aaron! Don't ninjapost! This calls for....

ULTIMATE BATTLE FOR THE MAIDEN'S HEART! HAYAURION VS HAYANDIS!!!

You can't fight the power Aaron... the power of Hayaurion compels you... :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

I wanted to write and finish off Sunset and BelkaRed vs AbareHunter. Instead I find myself getting drawn into this. *sigh*

Quote:
A logic question for you, TK: Jail makes extensive usage of AMF in his forces, to the point where at least one of the Numbers (Cinque) possesses her own form of AMF defense. Now given that the Numbers frequently operate in tandem with Gadget reinforcements, what's the purpose in training them to use magic when they wouldn't be able to use it--at least not very well--among their own forces?

It's not that the cyborgs can't use magic; it's that they don't because they aren't trained in its' usage.
When we see Numbers deploying outside of AMF defense also they're not so hot on magic.

Frankly as I have said earlier (and seem to be ignored) the whole idea of Numbers and Combat Cyborgs being able to use magic as well as IS is iffy; remember that the whole point of the Combat Cyborg program was to massproduce people who could do what mages could do with no vulnerability to AMF, and since mages are so limited the way you get around that is by turning normals into Combat Cyborgs or massproducing Combat Cyborgs. The whole reason the Type-0s are such a big deal is because, like I said earlier, they're the only Cyborgs who've been seen to be able to use both Magic and IS. If the Numbers and Type-0s can use magic, then what's so special about the Type-0s then? From everything we've seen, the indications are that only the Type-0s can do magic and IS, while the Numbers are limited to IS-only.

And for god's sake, use the quote button instead of copypasta quoting. Do you know how HARD it is to trackback and figure out who you're quoting? You're the only person on this board who doesn't do that. A small but telling point on you.

EDIT: Since you've stated that you will reserve the right to continue to being an asshole, I will reserve the right to make adverse inferences from your behaviour. Alls fair. (And this is a legal principle too. I'm a law student.)

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 22:00   Link #557
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Garh Aaron! Don't ninjapost! This calls for....

ULTIMATE BATTLE FOR THE MAIDEN'S HEART! HAYAURION VS HAYANDIS!!!

You can't fight the power Aaron... the power of Hayaurion compels you... :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

I wanted to write and finish off Sunset and BelkaRed vs AbareHunter. Instead I find myself getting drawn into this. *sigh*
And I reply with this!>:3

@_________________________________@

Quote:
When we see Numbers deploying outside of AMF defense also they're not so hot on magic.

Quote:
Frankly as I have said earlier (and seem to be ignored) the whole idea of Numbers and Combat Cyborgs being able to use magic as well as IS is iffy; remember that the whole point of the Combat Cyborg program was to massproduce people who could do what mages could do with no vulnerability to AMF, and since mages are so limited the way you get around that is by turning normals into Combat Cyborgs or massproducing Combat Cyborgs. The whole reason the Type-0s are such a big deal is because, like I said earlier, they're the only Cyborgs who've been seen to be able to use both Magic and IS. If the Numbers and Type-0s can use magic, then what's so special about the Type-0s then? From everything we've seen, the indications are that only the Type-0s can do magic and IS, while the Numbers are limited to IS-only.

Valid point for strict Canon following.

Quote:
And for god's sake, use the quote button instead of copypasta quoting. Do you know how HARD it is to trackback and figure out who you're quoting? You're the only person on this board who doesn't do that. A small but telling point on you.
Oh, wow. A non-hostile request!

Quote:
EDIT: Since you've stated that you will reserve the right to continue to being an asshole, I will reserve the right to make adverse inferences from your behaviour. Alls fair. (And this is a legal principle too. I'm a law student.)
*Aaron008R throws BRIGHT RED CHALK at Goose's forehead*
*Reddo Chalk>>>>>>>>>Goose*

And I reserve the right to use my freedom of expression to point out any adverse inferences and assholing from ANY of you when I see fit (as in when it gets out of hand).:3 All's fair. And I study Law too.>:3

EDIT: Does anybody know how to change passwords for IRC? I want to change mine.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 22:04   Link #558
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
And for god's sake, use the quote button instead of copypasta quoting.
I would, but I'm still trying to figure out how to use the multiquote button. Copypaste quoting doesn't require half as much work as quoting the entire post, deleting what you don't need, then repeating the process. The FAQ hasn't been much help here.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-05-30, 22:11   Link #559
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Oh, wow. A non-hostile request!
More like highly annoyed, this is about the 4th or 5th time I'm telling him about this.

Quote:
*Aaron008R throws BRIGHT RED CHALK at Goose's forehead*
*Reddo Chalk>>>>>>>>>Goose*
*me casts Alert, Accel, Valor, Guard, & Focus*

*me dodges Aaron's chalk*

The power of Hayaurion compels you!

Quote:
And I reserve the right to use my freedom of expression to point out any adverse inferences and assholing from ANY of you when I see fit (as in when it gets out of hand).:3 All's fair. And I study Law too.>:3
Yeah it is. However if I keep silent you'll never know what adverse inferences I'm drawing from his behaviour. Take the right to silence. Judges are allowed to draw adverse inferences from the refusal to answer questions. I'm simply pointing out that his conduct can lead to adverse inferences being drawn about him.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 22:11   Link #560
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
You also hardly got a free pass I tore into you when you purposed it and I still don't really like it at all. I've stated this before, but I've always felt that at some point when you just crap all over canon and change everything it's like "why are you writing a 'fan fic' anyway?" at some point the thing becomes so mutated that frankly it barely even resemlbes the unvierse it's supposedly happening in. Alpha has crossed that line IMO and I now consider it less a Nanoha fic then a Halo crossover in disguise.
Shh don't tell anyone...
Like yeah, I know that it's outside of canon. Because of this, I don't expect anyone to like it, and besides that, I'm one of those people who write because I like to, not because of what the people want. That's why I'm comfortable with you not liking Alpha XD.

I'll go back one day and write a more in-canon fanfic :3

Quote:
That's part of the issue though the fact is IMO some of the ideas he comes up with also just aren't that good... He's sort of like Kha in this regard expect pushy and combative when people disagree with his ideas.
True that, but I think he'll calm down.

Quote:
Indeed and you’ll recall that I and sevreal others hated the idea of Alpha when you purposed it and I still don’t like it which is why I really only pay it a pittacne of attention. Which is what I’m doing to Coma now really I don’t like most of his stuff so I’m ignoring it.
As I recall, it was you and ark and Liingo I think? I could be wrong about that.

Quote:
When is that occasion is it before or after we have a 20 minute chat war to try and carry away Kriss involing duck commandos, goo missiles, and more WoW spells then you can shake a stick at?
Usually before.
Oh by the way, this reminds me something about Ghaz. When we do start having semi-serious conversations that might actually be fun, there's a sudden all-mute. That does not make anyone happy, Ghaz.

Quote:
*Reminds Kag that TK is studying Criminal Justice...*
I think I knew that? Yeah, I did.
But I'm not wrong about that, right? Ignorance of the law is not excusable, right?

Quote:
If want to try and recruit another guy to go chop up canon with reckless abandoned I can't really stop you, but I can say it sucks. To me just tossing out the canon of a universe when writing fan fics is a no-no when you decide to write a fan-fic you're borrowing a universe and when you borrow something you ought to treat it with respect and try to leave it as you found it. Like not say taking you're buddies car for a week then giving it back to him painted hot pink with spinners and a new shag carpet interior.
Fair enough . Although I can say that part of the reason I mangled canon so bad is really for my own personal amusement (and because there's not enough angst in Nanoha. Yes, I have an angst addiction). But then, there are fics you don't like, and fics you do. I've long since grown comfortable with you not liking Alpha, but likewise I don't use that as an excuse to not like your fic. Hell, I love your fic :3 .

Quote:
I'd probably merely comment that I think the new stuff sucks and move on just like I did with the "Spawn" who by the way I still feel are total and utter dogshit and highly uninteresting and quite possibly the most boring villains in any ongoing fic at the moment. "Oh noez evil space zombies that want to turn us all into more space zombies!!!" Compelling stuff. If it makes you feel better thoughg I felt the Flood sucked ass in Halo too and only vaguely tolerated them because they pushed the vastly more interesting Covenant plot forward. I think it’s also telling that pretty much none of the novels deal with the flood (aside from the one that HAD too) and focused more on the vastly more interesting Covenant.

lolol :3 . Yeah, Spawn suck; I'm not terribly a big fan of the space zombie aspect of them, actually, and that's really only for a plot device more than anything. But you might actually like the second half of Alpha, since the Spawn take a backseat to other things for a good deal of it.

Quote:
I can sort of understand your frustration with the stupid n00b with the crazy ideas, but what the hell did Kage do to deserve your insults? Write a fanfic you didn't like? Oh boo hoo, go tell it to the guys on FF.net, I'm sure they'll be real sympathetic.
Don't worry about it, Comar, this is how TK and I talk to each other. We have a tsundere relationship (not really). He hates on me and I just <3 him for it, sorta.

Maybe sadomasochist is a better word...
*RUUUUUUUNNNNS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
And Kagerou knows that already. No need to worry about the two of them since their still buddy-buddies (I hope) anyway even with this 'friendly' comment tirades.:3 No need to pursue the matter any further as well.
Indeed.
ILU, TK!!!!!~~~~

Quote:
I quoted you, Goose :3 :3 :3

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content