AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-02, 00:14   Link #201
haseo0408

There is a girl named Jibril in the characters, from what I´ve read she´s a member of the sixth race but which race is that? Steph didn´t do good a job numbering all the races.
haseo0408 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 04:14   Link #202
watisit

They are what we would call angels (of death). They were weapons made by one of the old gods to fight other gods. Their name is Freguel (or something like that), in kanji it's Heavenly Winged. And just FYI, there is a tremendous power difference between them and the no 7 race, the elves.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 04:27   Link #203
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

And they collect the heads of their victims as well. That is why Sora thought that they are Devils rather than Angels.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 20:32   Link #204
chadrew
Fullmetal Ballchemist

What's interesting is how their ranking / power doesn't really correspond to the amount of land they control. IIRC elves and "kemonomimi kingdom" have huge countries despite being ranked somewhat low.

Maybe it's just that the most powerful races don't care about things like land.
chadrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 21:02   Link #205
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrew View Post
What's interesting is how their ranking / power doesn't really correspond to the amount of land they control. IIRC elves and "kemonomimi kingdom" have huge countries despite being ranked somewhat low.

Maybe it's just that the most powerful races don't care about things like land.
Wasn't it mentioned that Jibril's race's city is on top of the number 2 being Phantasma or however that's spelled. Also yeah Jibril's race doesn't care about territory since they don't need it.

Both the Elves and Beast people actually need land and resources to survive so they had a reason to go all out expanding their territory.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 10:42   Link #206
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Wasn't it mentioned that Jibril's race's city is on top of the number 2 being Phantasma or however that's spelled. Also yeah Jibril's race doesn't care about territory since they don't need it.

Both the Elves and Beast people actually need land and resources to survive so they had a reason to go all out expanding their territory.
Oh my God! I wasn´t expecting that kind of back-story, how the hell they negociate with a race like that? they sound utterly insane to me.
Old 2014-04-03, 12:35   Link #207
kagato3

Tell them you are going to beat god and if you look like you can back up that boast they will just about worship you, Note that this may require destroying the universe..
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 12:46   Link #208
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Tell them you are going to beat god and if you look like you can back up that boast they will just about worship you, Note that this may require destroying the universe..
Nice! So you need to be almost as insane as them in order to have some sort of diplomatic relation, you got to love Disboad. But I don´t get something, if they were born to kill gods how does TET manage to make them obey the Ten Oaths, if they´re powerful enough to kill off gods then they could resist the power of the Ten Oaths and kill poor TET.
Old 2014-04-03, 13:02   Link #209
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Nice! So you need to be almost as insane as them in order to have some sort of diplomatic relation, you got to love Disboad. But I don´t get something, if they were born to kill gods how does TET manage to make them obey the Ten Oaths, if they´re powerful enough to kill off gods then they could resist the power of the Ten Oaths and kill poor TET.
I think you're confusing this with Campione or something, beating a god =/= killing a god and the siblings weren't born to kill gods.
Old 2014-04-03, 13:08   Link #210
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
I think you're confusing this with Campione or something, beating a god =/= killing a god and the siblings weren't born to kill gods.
I was Talking about Jibril´s race, they were born to fight gods so I was wondering the hell TET manage to make them obey the Ten Oaths since in theory they exist to resist beings like him.
Old 2014-04-03, 13:22   Link #211
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
I was Talking about Jibril´s race, they were born to fight gods so I was wondering the hell TET manage to make them obey the Ten Oaths since in theory they exist to resist beings like him.
Since you were replying to kagato3 who was most likely referring to the siblings vs Jibril game, I thought you were also talking about the siblings. Misunderstood you, my bad.

Jibril mentioned they needed 200 to challenge a god, so it's safe to assume that while they had offensive might capable of damaging a god, their defensive capabilities were not up to par with a god's offensive might.
They had power in numbers, but just like how a single one could not kill a god, each individual can not fight against the compulsion of the ten oaths.
Old 2014-04-03, 13:29   Link #212
kagato3

While they were made to fight gods they are no where close to to power level of killing or even beating TET . They do seem to have a massive hate on for him as the oaths pretty much denies their existence.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 13:34   Link #213
Birdway
Banned

Without the oaths I think TET would laugh them off like some kind of universe law breaking being, like a god.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 18:06   Link #214
haseo0408

Thank you Awrya-sa, Kagato-san and Birway-san, this gives a clear insight of the Freguel race and I think it´s safe to assume that of all races out there this angels are the ones that want to win the Throne of God the most, TET is anathema to them so I think nothing would make them happier that destroy the order created by this guy.

Last edited by haseo0408; 2014-04-03 at 18:26.
Old 2014-04-04, 03:09   Link #215
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

I am liking the colorful adaptation of this world. But alas it seems that technology is something that the Eastern Alliance has a monopoly on. Thank goodness the two leaders are obsessed with tech. I hope they can get some replacements for their tablets and cell phones if it breaks...or be able to transfer the data/apps to this world's tech. So much technology and ideas stored in them.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 03:23   Link #216
Breimoon

the moment the oaths are broken is the moment the "Angels" will start destroying the world with all their fights xD
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 06:42   Link #217
AP24

It's interesting the anime has common things with Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo.

-Sora has the same seiyuu as Sorata from Sakurasou whose hobby is also games.
-Shiro has the same seiyuu as Mashiro from Sakurasou who is also a genius.
-The anime director had also directed Sakurasou.
-OP is performed by Konomi Suzuki, who did the ED1 and OP2 for Sakurasou.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 07:54   Link #218
watisit

Quote:
If you're going to ask that remember that race no 1 is the old gods, the ones who were defeated
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 00:19   Link #219
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

I have just watched the first eps of NGNL, I have to say is the colour is abit overwhelming, but that might be just sub team encoding fault (waiting for a better subber to pick this up to confirm), in any case the first eps was done fairly well other then some changes. Hopefully the anime would help covince others to help out on the LN progress.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”

Last edited by mike211; 2014-04-10 at 00:36.
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 00:20   Link #220
rickiminato

what are the most powerfull races in the world of no game no life?
what kind of powers have?

Tags
harem, light novel, move to ln (mf bunko j), pure love story