AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 25 22.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 40.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 19.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 8.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.92%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-31, 05:35   Link #121
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Omnomnom~ is what Cookie Monster of Sesame Street sounds like when he gobbles his cookies.

Burner of Anime, you have something going there, as episode 7 shows that the VF-27 glows. Seriously now, maybe it's plasma stealth being used by the VF-27. How was stealth implemented in the VF-17 and -21 anyway?
Old 2008-05-31, 08:20   Link #122
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
How was stealth implemented in the VF-17 and -21 anyway?
YF-21/VF-22 had an "active stealth" system of some sort, if I recall correctly; VF-17 was a more conventional passive stealth design (shaping and materials only).
Old 2008-05-31, 10:11   Link #123
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Solid ep, though I'm not really sure what Micheal is looking for. Looks like it's a one sided love from Klan -> Micheal. He might like her subconsciously but not enough to live as a maclone.

I do agreed that the sniper VF concept is kinda dumb. Seriously, I don't mind if you need support fire by why does he need to anchor himself EVERY SINGLE TIME! Just take those shots free floating so we can say how much harder that is and take tons of skill :P

Luca... does he do anything combat wise except for data analysis? I'm starting to think his Ghosts don't even have weapons on them.

Looks like Alto's getting sick of Sheryl, too much talking about her and not enough talking about him :P

Seriously Grace is in some sort of super conspiracy. I don't think Leon is actually working with her though. It wouldn't make sense for the Military/MF government to contract SMS to help with the search then have a spec op try to blow them up. Especially, when Leon wants to study the Vajra more.

Well we pretty much know that the VF-27 can keep up and may be more maneuverable than a super packed VF-25.

I don't think Alto is better than Klan piloting, he's probably been thinking about how he'd deal with the "foo fighter" if he ever hand to tangle with it again. From the footage the various people from SMS probably recorded it's obviously that he'd need some sort of distraction to get the advantage.

Maybe just me but I thought it was funny that Bersa had to use a phone to answer his call, figured he's have an implant like Grace :P.

If that little green thing ends up being a Vajra ... well i guess crazier things have happened in macross.
Old 2008-05-31, 10:28   Link #124
.Mero

Mikhail likes Klein alright you can bet your ass he does, he's just frustrated he can't be with her in micloned form, weather he can be macro'd or not is still unknown

VF 27 is far superior then the VF 25 in both abilitaties and fire power, judging from what i've seen in the series so far
Old 2008-05-31, 11:50   Link #125
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Mero View Post
VF 27 is far superior then the VF 25 in both abilitaties and fire power, judging from what i've seen in the series so far
It may be superior but he got owned quite badly by Alto...
Old 2008-05-31, 14:42   Link #126
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Yes! Finally! Klan is back, we've learned which of her Pixies is Nene (the pink haired one). Ah, you can smell the pride (and the loli).
I thought it was obvious that the pink haired Zent was nene from the go But she's cute...almost as cute as Klan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
Luca... does he do anything combat wise except for data analysis? I'm starting to think his Ghosts don't even have weapons on them.
Well, from Episode 7, we know that Luca's Ghosts can do some pew pew
Spoiler:
Old 2008-05-31, 14:57   Link #127
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
I thought it was obvious that the pink haired Zent was nene from the go But she's cute...almost as cute as Klan.
Confirmation is nice. I don't think we even have a name for the red head.

Quote:
Well, from Episode 7, we know that Luca's Ghosts can do some pew pew
Spoiler:
Luca's got to have the most dangerous job there is. It would have made more sense giving him a modified Monster or riding shotgun with Karaina.
Old 2008-05-31, 16:01   Link #128
Tabris

Yeah. I only figured because Nene sounded gentle and you can see her looking kinda ashamed (I can't think of a softer word) when Klan is walking away in episode 4(?)

The redhead's name is Raramia.

Last edited by Tabris; 2008-05-31 at 16:23.
Old 2008-05-31, 16:34   Link #129
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
The Quran vs. VF-27 duel:

Well, Quran is too direct. She relies on reflexes too much.
And doesn't use missiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Mero View Post
Mikhail likes Klein alright you can bet your ass he does, he's just frustrated he can't be with her in micloned form, weather he can be macro'd or not is still unknown
I don't think he can. Or he wouldn't have vented his frustrations about being unable to be with her miclone form. It wouldn't matter so much if he could be with her in macro [Beyond having to avoid squashing Alto and Sheryl on picnics.].
Old 2008-05-31, 17:28   Link #130
jtjr26

About Mikhail and Klan. To me it looks like there is a mutual attraction there but the whole micloned size difference, probably creeps him out a bit and he uses that frustration to tease Klan. Klan mabey plays along, again to exercise off some of that frustration. While it hasn't been shown been shown if Mikhail can be macloned yet, (mabey he turns out much smaller than Klan, which would wound most guys pride) it looks like Klan is several years older that Mikhail, and perhaps she remembers enough of the boy that was her friend, to wait for the boy to become a man (he is after all still in high school, and people high school aged are stupid for the most part where matters of the heart are concerned).

Oh one more pet theory about Mikhail, is he goes after the older mature women because he wants Klan, but she is unattainable at the moment so he settles for something similar.
Old 2008-05-31, 17:29   Link #131
thirdlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Also, I spot a lot of Korean and Vietnamese names on the credits and the episode looked beautiful. Who says outsourcing automatically leads to bad animation? It's obviously the good old Macross budget fluctuation.
Err, I think the ep was the worst animation in the series. Well, to each his own.
Old 2008-05-31, 17:37   Link #132
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

I didn't think the animation was bad at all. You guys are really perfectionists.

Props to this episode for historically being the first to show the micronization process actually taking place!
Old 2008-05-31, 18:22   Link #133
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtjr26 View Post
About Mikhail and Klan. To me it looks like there is a mutual attraction there but the whole micloned size difference, probably creeps him out a bit and he uses that frustration to tease Klan. Klan mabey plays along, again to exercise off some of that frustration. While it hasn't been shown been shown if Mikhail can be macloned yet, (mabey he turns out much smaller than Klan, which would wound most guys pride) it looks like Klan is several years older that Mikhail, and perhaps she remembers enough of the boy that was her friend, to wait for the boy to become a man (he is after all still in high school, and people high school aged are stupid for the most part where matters of the heart are concerned).

Oh one more pet theory about Mikhail, is he goes after the older mature women because he wants Klan, but she is unattainable at the moment so he settles for something similar.
See, complicated relationship crap like this makes Klan a dull girl. It doesn't help that her crush is Michael who is a child-hood friend ontop of being a smooth talking ladiesman sniper mecha pilot. -_-
Old 2008-05-31, 18:31   Link #134
Delphin

ah...can I talk previous of episode 10 ?

next is from Macross Zero, about legend of Birdman(鳥の人伝説).
Lanca seems to appear in Sheryl's movie.
think Sheryl is casting Sara, and Lanca is Maya.

Sheryl seem to be still in the daughter or the En relation of Sara.

It is my blog. Please come to see.
Anime japan
Old 2008-05-31, 18:36   Link #135
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphin View Post
ah...can I talk previous of episode 10 ?

next is from Macross Zero, about legend of Birdman(鳥の人伝説).
Lanca seems to appear in Sheryl's movie.
think Sheryl is casting Sara, and Lanca is Maya.

Sheryl seem to be still in the daughter or the En relation of Sara.

It is my blog. Please come to see.
Anime japan
Bring on the bloopers and poor man's special effects!
Old 2008-05-31, 19:02   Link #136
seraphon

"he is searching for the truth behind friendly fire"..... gné ????
And that trash told alto he was doing war for fun?
I really dont understand how the people in macross stand the presence of this sucker....
Old 2008-05-31, 19:55   Link #137
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

^ well he's highly talented with one of the proven weapons against the Vajra so that why he get to collect a pay check
Old 2008-05-31, 20:30   Link #138
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
why is every sniper a womanizer? First it is Kruz from FMP, now it is Michel

Nice back story/character development eps for Michel. Were his parent in the army too since him and his sister were standing in front of a grave, and only army decreased personnel has the privilege to be buried ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post

I do agreed that the sniper VF concept is kinda dumb. Seriously, I don't mind if you need support fire by why does he need to anchor himself EVERY SINGLE TIME! Just take those shots free floating so we can say how much harder that is and take tons of skill :P
yeah, battle in space does not always near an asteroid fields...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post

Also, I spot a lot of Korean and Vietnamese names on the credits and the episode looked beautiful. Who says outsourcing automatically leads to bad animation? It's obviously the good old Macross budget fluctuation.

nice spot about the Vietnamese names at the end. You have nice eagle eyes @_@. I usually fast forward to the preview. There is no dot between the name and PHAM HONG QHAN should be PHAM HONG QUAN

As a Vietnamese I am quite proud to see my fellow countrymen help to create this series, and this is the 2nd anime series (after Heroic Age) that has Vietnamese name in the credit section. The animation industry in Vietnam is still in its infant stage so this is a very encouraging sign .
Old 2008-05-31, 20:31   Link #139
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Odd, I thought Mikhail idolized his sister to the point where he has a serious nee-sama complex, which was exacerbated by the way she ended up here. The thing is that he and Klein Klan are close, although it seems the types of affection they hold for one another differs in type: she seems to like him a lot, while he likes her as a big/little sister but... well, it feels more like the way Ranka and Alto interact, at least right now. No sparks of mutual romance, and any feelings are currently one-sided.

... and I can already see the doujins with Pixie Squadron being created, with Nene as the uke. Mark my words, someone, somewhere, has probably started drawing this.
Old 2008-05-31, 21:52   Link #140
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

7/10

It was... good. I understand it was a character building episode but I really wanted to see more plot. I almost felt like it was a fluff episode. There were some great moments in it, sure. However, after the friendly fire incident you knew that the all too predictable redemption was coming at the end of the episode. Ehh. -_-
Closed Thread