Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-30, 18:03   Link #21
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro
I'm making this reply without reading through every post in it, so just bear this in mind.

Afaik, vBulletin doesn't by default support this. The only "strike" system is supports is for
users trying to hack other users accounts -- it can be set that only a few failed logins are
allowed. But the system that is proposed in this thread is not in vBulletin yet and would
have to be completely hacked in.

And I'm not keen on that, certainly as I'm backlogged already on "scripting jobs" (rewriting
both the backend Control Panel of AnimeSuki and eventually the frontend scripts that display
the site).

Plus -- I think xris makes a good point.
But do you ever get a person here who just wants to cause trouble or to be a jerk? Shouldn't they be taught a lesson or let them roam free angering other people? Those kind of people don't belong on message boards and should be exterminated is he or she would do such a practice often.

The only way I couldn't be baffled out of my mind after this if this was a completly free opinion message board.
Old 2004-03-30, 18:20   Link #22
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
But do you ever get a person here who just wants to cause trouble or to be a jerk? Shouldn't they be taught a lesson or let them roam free angering other people? Those kind of people don't belong on message boards and should be exterminated is he or she would do such a practice often.
These people are called Trolls and we still have the ban option to deal with them. It seems to work pretty well.

I'm going to close this thread now because it honestly isn't something to be commented on by the people here. We're discussing a system that would only be used by moderators and would only be visible to the person that it is used on. It has been an interesting discussion, but it has served its purpose.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread