AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-03-19, 18:07   Link #241
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Megumi is more fun when he goes crazy, let's have more of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Poor Megumi. Those are some serious anti-wingmen.
They seriously went out of their way just to screw him over

Grand Blue taught me that this is the mark of true friendship.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-19, 18:23   Link #242
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post

They seriously went out of their way just to screw him over

Grand Blue taught me that this is the mark of true friendship.
According to Grand Blue, Megumi's friends would also have the right go kill him if he did get lucky.
Old 2021-03-19, 19:27   Link #243
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yuji and Nobara have a lot to learn before they reach Gojo's level of trolling. Their acting was lacking.

As for the actual episode, good stuff, but I'm still not a fan of Megumi.
Old 2021-03-20, 00:22   Link #244
Tuor

Satoru, Nobara: We're tired. We don't have time for your usual shenanigans.

Yuji: Some girl is hitting on Megumi!

Satoru, Nobara: Time to roll out!

Great episode. Megumi's gotten a lot stronger. Even Sukuna thinks so... which, is not really a good thing.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-20, 01:14   Link #245
Chosen_Hero

You know you are badass when the big bad is cheering you on.

Also, I have already accepted that they are just pieces of shit... I love it.
Old 2021-03-26, 16:55   Link #246
Tenzen12

Never before was self-mutilation this sexy.

Which is another sentence I never thought I would say. Anyway It was great ride.
Old 2021-03-26, 19:33   Link #247
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Nobara was way scarier than the enemies in this episode. I liked that unlike Yuji, she didn't feel any sympathy for the enemies. They were part human and had emotions including love for each other but they came after her life so she killed them to defend herself. All there is to it.

That said, I do appreciate Yuji's empathy, and the fact he's still willing to do the job despite feeling bad. The ending of the episode was great, with both Megumi and Yuji swearing Nobara and Sukuna to secrecy respectively in order to spare the other's feelings, not knowing they already know. A great display of friendship from both of them.

Really enjoyed this show. The animation was the best I've seen in recent years, the characters were likable and the fights were great. Only the story was lacking, but it was decent enough.
Old 2021-03-26, 19:56   Link #248
Wandering Soul

It took a while, but Nobara finally got her time to truly shine here. She also has a screw loose just like Yuji and Megumi too. I like Nobara's answer to Yuji's question about killing, but the fact that she dodged a bit makes me wonder if she actually has killed before.

Yuji and Megumi's parallel scenes of trying to keep secrets from one another did a great job showing off a friendship that did not get much time to be shown.

Overall this show was a fun ride.
Old 2021-03-26, 20:10   Link #249
Thor's Hammer

Wow, I'm surprised that even Nobara is being recommended for a promotion to a first grade jujutsu sorcerer considering that there's no way she's on the level of other such sorcerers and needed Yuuji to significantly weaken a special grade curse to the point of being close to death for her to finish off. I know the principal does not actually have to promote them all, and given that Fushigoro and Yuuji are the only 2 of the five that can actually take on a special grade curse, it's them who deserve the promotion to being first grade sorcerers. Maki is strong enough to be a second grade sorcerer and would already be one if not for her stupid clan interfering with her promotions.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-26, 20:43   Link #250
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-27, 20:21   Link #251
Decel

Can someone explain what Megumi told Nobara not to share with Yuji? I don't think I caught the meaning.
Old 2021-03-27, 21:30   Link #252
Oberon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
Can someone explain what Megumi told Nobara not to share with Yuji? I don't think I caught the meaning.
The curse under the bridge was around for years, but only started killing marked people in June, when Itadori swallowed the finger and manifested Sukuna, which in turn awakened all his other fingers and probably allowed the bridge curse to level up. In order to not make Itadori feel guilty, Fushiguro and Nobara agreed to not tell Itadori about their findings. Unbeknownst to them though, Sukuna was already in the process of telling Itadori just about that. Itadori's main concern in that moment was to not tell Fushiguro, because he figures Fushiguro would feel guilty himself, as he had a hand in keeping Itadori alive. It's a nice showcase how each of the trio are looking out for each other.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-27, 21:36   Link #253
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
What Megumi meant is that certain curses became more active after Yuuji ate Sukuna's finger. So basically, Megumi doesn't want Yuji to feel guilty about more people dying because of what he did even though he is technically saving lives by killing curses that would otherwise kill people.
Old 2021-03-28, 20:21   Link #254
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
The curse under the bridge was around for years, but only started killing marked people in June, when Itadori swallowed the finger and manifested Sukuna, which in turn awakened all his other fingers and probably allowed the bridge curse to level up. In order to not make Itadori feel guilty, Fushiguro and Nobara agreed to not tell Itadori about their findings. Unbeknownst to them though, Sukuna was already in the process of telling Itadori just about that. Itadori's main concern in that moment was to not tell Fushiguro, because he figures Fushiguro would feel guilty himself, as he had a hand in keeping Itadori alive. It's a nice showcase how each of the trio are looking out for each other.
Ah! Thanks for the explanation, I was totally in the dark if that's what was meant!
Old 2021-03-30, 00:17   Link #255
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
Wow, I'm surprised that even Nobara is being recommended for a promotion to a first grade jujutsu sorcerer considering that there's no way she's on the level of other such sorcerers and needed Yuuji to significantly weaken a special grade curse to the point of being close to death for her to finish off. I know the principal does not actually have to promote them all, and given that Fushigoro and Yuuji are the only 2 of the five that can actually take on a special grade curse, it's them who deserve the promotion to being first grade sorcerers. Maki is strong enough to be a second grade sorcerer and would already be one if not for her stupid clan interfering with her promotions.
Grade 1s are only required to be beat corresponding grade 1 curses, let alone special grade ones that can talk. So technically the pair beat curses 1 level above what their promotion mandates.

Plus Nobara can also use black flash, so she's stronger than she looks.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-30, 03:35   Link #256
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
Grade 1s are only required to be beat corresponding grade 1 curses, let alone special grade ones that can talk. So technically the pair beat curses 1 level above what their promotion mandates.

Plus Nobara can also use black flash, so she's stronger than she looks.
Nanami revealed that jujutsu sorcerers can beat curses 1 level above their sorcerer rank, so Grade 2 sorcerers are closer to the strength of a Grade 1 curse. A Grade 1 sorcerer should be able to beat weaker special grade curses. making Yuuji and Fushiguro eligible to be Grade 1 sorcerers.

Nobara may be stronger than she looks, but that was omitted from the anime. There is no indication in the anime that Nobara can pull off black flashes.
Old 2021-03-30, 07:42   Link #257
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
Nobara may be stronger than she looks, but that was omitted from the anime. There is no indication in the anime that Nobara can pull off black flashes.
We saw her do it in the final episode though, at the same time as Yuji.
Old 2021-03-30, 15:56   Link #258
Thor's Hammer

Really? I must have somehow missed that lol. I'll have to rewatch the episode.
Old 2021-03-31, 22:21   Link #259
Decel

Took me a while to simmer the information, but Gojo paid Mei Mei to promote his students to first grade, no?
Old 2021-03-31, 23:05   Link #260
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I get the feeling that this series has a lot of flair but not enough substance. The battles are cool, the animation is top notch and the power system is entertaining... but we are lacking a lot of meat in the story, a lot of connective tissue in the narrative that allows us to care for either the characters or the antagionists beyond the cool battles. Really this series reminds me a lot of Bleach if you were to give it to a top production studio, and I mean that in the worst possible way.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, exorcists, spirits, supernatural