AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2008-08-19, 15:05   Link #521
CJL13
God of his own ego

Rather a bad ending than no ending at all.
CJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 17:24   Link #522
9taileddemon

In the end I guess the author has to just ignore what the fans want and really end it the way they want to. I mean it is still their story.

Eve if it isn't one of the characters I want I would prefer their to be some kind of real ending.

Of course Hayate does not need one for a long time.
9taileddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 02:13   Link #523
Used Can

I think people would complain one way or the other. If it is open-ended, people will complain because there was no definite couple. If there's a canon couple, people will whine because their favourite girl didn't win.

You simply cannot please everyone.
Old 2008-08-20, 02:19   Link #524
9taileddemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I think people would complain one way or the other. If it is open-ended, people will complain because there was no definite couple. If there's a canon couple, people will whine because their favourite girl didn't win.

You simply cannot please everyone.
And since there is no way to please everyone, in the end the author will end up doing whatever they personally want for the ending. If they had a couple they always planned on having end up together then they will.

If the author never managed to decide which pairing they like the best, then we get an open ended ending.

I mean, I doubt the authors care a ton about what their fans want at the end of the story. The story is over and so the fans have already read everything and can't stop reading because they don't like the ending. Because its already been finished and they already did read everything.

I just hope their is an actual ending for Hayate. Just not any time soon.
9taileddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 02:27   Link #525
Used Can

I think it'll be ending after they discover what exactly Mikado did to Royal Garden, and whatever they do afterwards.
Old 2008-08-20, 03:50   Link #526
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX View Post
Open endings are made to please everyone... as a previous poster said, it's more fun when it's open to speculation. That doesn't mean hints can't be given.

An absolute ending where he ends up with someone will piss off 3 in 4 fans who hoped he would end up with one of the four lead girls. (Nagi, Mari, Hinagiku, Athena), or 5 if you include Hamster.

It is that exact reason why School Rumble manga ended the way it did, fans liked all the pairs too evenly...

I think think of one absolute ending where fans were divided all the way up until the end, and pissed off a lot of people... and that is Ichigo 100%.

On the other hand, absolute endings like Suzuka Manga is fine since there is only one possible pair.

You can't win it all
i´m somewhat routing for Iinchou she´s cute too Xd, but ofc Hina > all still
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 17:59   Link #527
Hiyohiyo

The argument that Hayate must end up with Nagi because "that's how this genre works" is flawed. Hayate no Gotoku has been pretty different from your stereotypical romantic comedy formula, and even if it wasn't, there are exceptions to any rule. To be quite honest, given the author's writing style to this point, I find some sort of humorously open-ended twist for an ending the most likely.

@ 9taileddemon:
Saying that an author will do "whatever they like" is not just completely obvious, it's inherently self-validating. Excepting editor influence, which is hidden from the reader, whatever is in the final product is what the author feels is most preferable or it wouldn't be there in the first place.
Hiyohiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 20:37   Link #528
The_Artist
Creation

What were the most ground breaking chapters in the manga so far?Like.. the more serious ones.
The_Artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 01:52   Link #529
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

End of the World arc that ended recently with Athena, and Hina´s birthday i guess, dunno about the 100 chapters inbetween though
Old 2008-08-21, 21:16   Link #530
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

yup hina's birthday was quite serious and showed 100% that
Spoiler:
volume 14 was kinda ground breaking too. since hayate reveals that
Spoiler:
and many other things. very interesting so far... WHEN IS KOREAN RAW FOR VOL 15 IS COMING OUTTTT *going nuts waited for 1~2 months now*
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Artist View Post
What were the most ground breaking chapters in the manga so far?Like.. the more serious ones.
Old 2008-08-22, 00:47   Link #531
Used Can

This guy wrote a pretty good summary for the last chapters of "The End of The World" arc. No one posted summaries for the latest chapters; so, I think that'd be a good read.

Spoilers for 189:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Used Can; 2008-08-24 at 00:27.
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 01:23   Link #532
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Artist View Post
1. Nagi misinterpret Hayate and Izumi's relationship, leading to her selling him out to Izumi. The entire arc also includes Hayate's meeting with the head of the Sanzenin household. Aka "Enter Izumi".

2. The whole Valentine's Day issue which includes Hinagiku's dilemma between keeping her promise with Ayumu, and her own growing feelings for Hayate, and her Birthday Party. Aka, "Rise of Hinagiku"

3. The entire Hot Spring Trip, which covers everything from Ayumu's feelings for Hayate, as well as the story of Nagi and her mother. Aka, "The one where Nagi gets the most development"

4. Sakuya's Birthday party. Though alot smaller than the others, it has more Nagi development, more Sakuya development, and the 'conclusion' to Hinagiku's dilemma.

5. And of course, the recent "The End of the World" arc with Hayate and Athena.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 12:22   Link #533
UPR

wait wait wait is that

Spoiler for spoiler from pics above:

finally something has happend. By my count I believe she has taken the lead as that something none of the other girls can say.
Old 2008-08-24, 14:50   Link #534
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
wait wait wait is that

finally something has happend. By my count I believe she has taken the lead as that something none of the other girls can say.
isn´t it that usually the first girl that takes a step forward in the relationship development is the last girl to get dumped? Open Sesame is a pretty good example Aoi was the first girl making a move and she´ll probably be the last to get dumped before Yamato and Maki get together >.<
Old 2008-08-24, 15:45   Link #535
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Quote:
wait wait wait is that

OMFG Yes! Maria route now!!

I expect GRAND CHILDREN from these two

Last edited by anselfir; 2008-08-24 at 21:07.
anselfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 19:54   Link #536
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Is this a one-shot thing? Or is she getting a major arc herself? Cause if it's the former, she's still not holding a candle to Hinagiku.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
isn´t it that usually the first girl that takes a step forward in the relationship development is the last girl to get dumped? Open Sesame is a pretty good example Aoi was the first girl making a move and she´ll probably be the last to get dumped before Yamato and Maki get together >.<
Wouldn't that description be for Ayumu, who was the first girl we saw confessing to Hayate?

(Nagi doesn't count)
Old 2008-08-24, 22:55   Link #537
Used Can

If you haven't noticed, a new scanlation group (FoOlRulez) has picked up Hayate no Gotoku, and they are releasing chapters quite regularly. Additionally, they are also going to cooperate with McD's; so, their releases will be faster as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Is this a one-shot thing? Or is she getting a major arc herself? Cause if it's the former, she's still not holding a candle to Hinagiku.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wouldn't that description be for Ayumu, who was the first girl we saw confessing to Hayate?
Hayate's first would be Athena. Although, there was never a confession; they just got into it. XD There's also Izumi, who told him she'd become his wife in the future, right after she kissed him.
Old 2008-08-25, 03:21   Link #538
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Hayate's first would be Athena. Although, there was never a confession; they just got into it. XD There's also Izumi, who told him she'd become his wife in the future, right after she kissed him.
True, but if we would to take LeaD36's theory into account, it would apply to the first girl that we as the readers meet, not necessarily according to the actualy chronological order.

But then again, it's stupid to try and use traditional formula to predict this series, when the author himself has been breaking 4th walls and making parodies of other series.
Old 2008-08-25, 03:41   Link #539
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

As long as it doesn´t end in an Ai Kora way i´m fine with it
Old 2008-08-25, 19:25   Link #540
Used Can

Spoiler:

Tags
comedy, shounen