AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-03-29, 08:59   Link #841
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

There is an IS x MuvLuv fanfic except it's in spanish.
Old 2013-03-29, 09:12   Link #842
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
There is an IS x MuvLuv fanfic except it's in spanish.
- Inglés es una mierda!
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 10:01   Link #843
tsunade666

eh Is and Muvluv? it looks like the characters will clash on each other. IS isn't dark or apocalyptic at all. So I can't picture IS characters in alter world. Though I can see Takeru ended up in IS academy -_-
Old 2013-03-29, 10:42   Link #844
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

No no no no...

I'm asking how would an IS fair against BETA and TSFs... if those I've mentioned is considered.

But yeah... it will be real hard to use IS characters in a MLU/MLA fic... but it is doable.

Isn't it the same what they did with MLE to MLU to MLA. I didn't expect it to turn that way it was pretty light hearted in extra and unlimited(for me that is) but when alternative came. Let's say the whole real world came crashing down. With reality pushed into takeru's face and he couldnt do a single thing about it or at least he wasn't able to react properly.

ISxML fic is doable with IS characters I should say but it will be quite a hurdle and a whole different story together since we are dealing with multiple nationalities here.(Germany, China, UK, Japan, France, Russia) we can put them all in UN to retain the whole IS set but the question would be.

What would be the aim of ALT IV?

Is it still the completion 00-Unit?

or....

But hey this is ML! Where Murphy's law is level 9000!

THe original plan was to put Ichika in replacement of Takeru due to some mishaps of what happened or what caused 'Casualty Conductor'(which I will explain fully on fic) while fighting Silver Gospel(In anime it is unmanned so I'll be following that since I have something planned for 'her'. YES!! HER!! LASER GRENADE SPAM!! YEAH!!!). After hitting the Silver Gospel with his Yukihira, everything went white and before he knew it he is lying on a bed inside a nearly destroyed house. He noticed that he has a silver ring on his left hand but gave no mind to it.

I think you know what happened after it...
maxxus0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 10:59   Link #845
tsunade666

its spanish right? then I can't read it

Ichika in muvluv world..... it would be hard. Would you plan on him using his IS? because I'm seeing it already that his energy would deplete in matter of seconds and ended up getting eaten.

ah wait. your post is from the previews page. I will check it but one word. naruto.... I don't like major naruto fan fics. Its ... boring for me >_> and even the manga is turning boring. Oh well. I will check your setting for IS but first impression of it is Ichika is dead meat and used as carbon protein for the BETA.

EDIT:

After looking at it. First look at naruto... then the 3.5 gen takemikazuchi of naruto and affiliation to anbu... to be honest. I left it unread because I'm not interested on it. I just don't like how naruto turn out to be and most of its fics are boring for me. to god sue boring that everything is under control. no chaos, no despair and even if there is. it felt lacking or fake.

now onto your other idea.

esper takeru that can summon tsf from what he remembers as long as he can relate to its concept. sounds like "trace on" to me at first I thought its the phychometry type of esper but then it turn into something which looks like magical instead of esper. Esper to me are more like science type (from index verse) so summoning big guns out of thin air sounds more like magic to me.

Here's the problem for this setting. Its like magic. No science explanation when it just starts popping out of thin air. Takeru would ended up in shit loads of problem here. Kazerknight makes a futuristic takeru that creates his weapon and he did it overkill but in an awesome way but that garners lots of attention which will still screw takeru. you want weapon popping out of no where? then first do it in secrecy. then make it limited and not unlimited. put restrictions and weaknesses that would make it look more better than an answer to all problem type of ability. Its just boring when it gets handed to you in silver platter. And who is the girl that Takeru save there? an unknown esper russian loli? or from the scarlet sisters? then why bring him earlier than what happen in the game? lots of questioning there.

The other idea for IS and Muvluv...... screw it. Ichika is dead meat. I will just it again he would ended up in the stomach of soldier-kun.

The huge problem for this is .... well Ichika is a normal kid facing an army of endless beta with an IS. IS might be an advance weapon but the huge weakness of it is the pilot or user is expose and screw the shields. it will be depleted in a matter of seconds. And Ichika is facing the terror of BETA head on without the protection of hard steel. Huge mech is the answer when fighting BETA because you won't ended up staring at your death head on and Ichika would be doing it literally because there are no screens.

If you played the game then you should know the chances of a newbie or rookie in alterverse. The survival for rookie in the battlefield are small because they tend to panic in front of ABSOLUTE DEATH and they are trained to fight those things. They lived together with it.

And we have here Ichika... a total newbie who is in total protection of his sister and not even have face death or had a knocked on heavens door fighting BETA in his IS. The idea is crazy -_-

I won't say it crazy if Ichika is crazy but he is not.

I would probably say that he would be worse than Takeru because Takeru has the skills of a tsf pilot which Ichika hasn't. He even sucks at piloting his IS for darn sake. ah..... ah.... ah.............. lets lament for the normal Ichika's death. May he not rest in peace but rest in peace because your girls are alive in your home world.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2013-03-29 at 11:21.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 14:06   Link #846
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
its spanish right? then I can't read it

Ichika in muvluv world..... it would be hard. Would you plan on him using his IS? because I'm seeing it already that his energy would deplete in matter of seconds and ended up getting eaten.

ah wait. your post is from the previews page. I will check it but one word. naruto.... I don't like major naruto fan fics. Its ... boring for me >_> and even the manga is turning boring. Oh well. I will check your setting for IS but first impression of it is Ichika is dead meat and used as carbon protein for the BETA.

EDIT:

After looking at it. First look at naruto... then the 3.5 gen takemikazuchi of naruto and affiliation to anbu... to be honest. I left it unread because I'm not interested on it. I just don't like how naruto turn out to be and most of its fics are boring for me. to god sue boring that everything is under control. no chaos, no despair and even if there is. it felt lacking or fake.

now onto your other idea.

esper takeru that can summon tsf from what he remembers as long as he can relate to its concept. sounds like "trace on" to me at first I thought its the phychometry type of esper but then it turn into something which looks like magical instead of esper. Esper to me are more like science type (from index verse) so summoning big guns out of thin air sounds more like magic to me.

Here's the problem for this setting. Its like magic. No science explanation when it just starts popping out of thin air. Takeru would ended up in shit loads of problem here. Kazerknight makes a futuristic takeru that creates his weapon and he did it overkill but in an awesome way but that garners lots of attention which will still screw takeru. you want weapon popping out of no where? then first do it in secrecy. then make it limited and not unlimited. put restrictions and weaknesses that would make it look more better than an answer to all problem type of ability. Its just boring when it gets handed to you in silver platter. And who is the girl that Takeru save there? an unknown esper russian loli? or from the scarlet sisters? then why bring him earlier than what happen in the game? lots of questioning there.

The other idea for IS and Muvluv...... screw it. Ichika is dead meat. I will just it again he would ended up in the stomach of soldier-kun.

The huge problem for this is .... well Ichika is a normal kid facing an army of endless beta with an IS. IS might be an advance weapon but the huge weakness of it is the pilot or user is expose and screw the shields. it will be depleted in a matter of seconds. And Ichika is facing the terror of BETA head on without the protection of hard steel. Huge mech is the answer when fighting BETA because you won't ended up staring at your death head on and Ichika would be doing it literally because there are no screens.

If you played the game then you should know the chances of a newbie or rookie in alterverse. The survival for rookie in the battlefield are small because they tend to panic in front of ABSOLUTE DEATH and they are trained to fight those things. They lived together with it.

And we have here Ichika... a total newbie who is in total protection of his sister and not even have face death or had a knocked on heavens door fighting BETA in his IS. The idea is crazy -_-

I won't say it crazy if Ichika is crazy but he is not.

I would probably say that he would be worse than Takeru because Takeru has the skills of a tsf pilot which Ichika hasn't. He even sucks at piloting his IS for darn sake. ah..... ah.... ah.............. lets lament for the normal Ichika's death. May he not rest in peace but rest in peace because your girls are alive in your home world.

Thought as much but thats the reason why im putting him there!

We are going to look on how would he react to it...

Yes he would do worse than takeru. but this is unlimited we are talking about, not alternative or alternative plus. He doesn't know what's happening, nor does he have any Idea what's going to happen or any ideas of what he would be facing! Apart from that he doesn't know anyone here! remember this isn't his world nor his timeline. He may not be yet born in 2001 for all I know! He is alone in this world. No one is there for him! Maybe Yuuko but... i'm not betting on it. SHe only sees people as her pawns to be used/sacrificed. In this world he is alone, there is no one he can lean to. No one he can trust his secrets(or whole secret for that matter), literally he has no one. We are going to send someone to a new world that is alien to him. Alien in all reasons! He grew up under peace and protection of his sister. And now he is thrown in the world/dimension that a single human life isn't worth more than few slice of bread. Where Human race is dying(All because of petty politics).

As for IS, I think we are not going to use that immediately. It won't probably see any anti-beta actions in unlimited but alternative will be a whole different manner. since Ichika would be growing up in this story line and he knows what to do, what to expect and what is needed to be done(courtesy of yuuko/yashiro)

I have to take it to the fact also that lasers are practically useless against Reiraku Byakuya or IS shields generally for that matter. But solid projectiles is a whole different thing. IS will be super effective against TSF since its small frame and it is undeniably faster than anything TSF could offer(Normal battle speed reaching 450mph on normal fight, burst speeds of mach 1 in battle and mach 1.5 higher in super cruise). Other fact is that it is undeniably more agile than any TSFs(save probably for Takemikazuchi and SU-47E if piloted by a real top ace but an IS is much faster because of size) we have take it in consideration anything less than high powered weapons wont work against an IS assuming they hit the IS.

IS isn't considered a super weapon for nothing. A 1st Gen IS White Knight was able to render 2341 missiles useless and still be able to fight 207 fighter jets 7 cruisers, 5 carriers and 8 satellites(perfectly capable of sub-atmospheric flight) additional to that no human loss and still able to escape unharmed. And that is a 1st Gen IS, what we are talking about is a 3rd and 3.5th-4th Gen IS with vastly improved equipment, new efficient systems and vastly more powerful than than its predecessor. I wont say anything about the pilot but he will learn in time.

Let it also be considered that it has PIC(passive inertia control) which allows it to maneuver with agility like no other. Absorbs and negates impact forces like G-Forces which is hazardous to pilots if they receive too much of it.

It also has hypersensors which vastly improves senses of the pilot such as sight being much more sharper due to IS sensors scattered through out the IS Frame. This also vastly improves pilot reflexes and reaction as IS Sensors feed data directly to the body however it is always the pilots reaction time is the deciding factor of how good he is. Hypersensors also allows the pilot to have perfect 360 degrees of sight without turning heads.

The only thing that can truly pose a threat to an IS is the Tank Class which pretty much kills TSF than a grappler class or destroyer class. However IS has definite higher survival rate than a TSF due to size and sensory equipment that IS has.

I consider laser-class a threat to an IS , if you are asking since their lasers is high powered without a doubt because of G-elements used for their productions. A standard training IS would be down by 3-5 direct hits but it would be a different case on both Byakushiki and Silver Gospel. As both units renders laser-class advantage useless due to their unique characteristics

Byakushiki has one off ability which renders any ENERGY based attacks useless against it however it eats up energy more than an IS Core can produce. And with the twist I had there in the Fic this would be pretty much have enough energy to sustain it for a very longer time. 001 will grant Ichika powers that he need to overcome his hurdle. It happened with Silver Gospel, whats stopping it from protecting Ichika from a BETA threat? The power to beat the BETA? The power to protect his new bonds? this pretty much depends on Ichika if he survives or not. As Byakushiki is a formidable weapon in its own right. Byakushiki isn't an effective assault unit as BETA we know attacks en masse and it would be massacre for Ichika, it can only be practically used against TSF or surgical close quarter strike but Byakushiki Setsura is a whole different game, armed with Charge Particle Cannon this IS can lay waste against BETA vanguard alone and it also improved agility due to 4 additional wing thruster provided by second shift. It is after all one of the strongest IS there.

Silver Gospel is a military grade IS, unlike Byakushiki who is a Representative grade IS. A Military Grade IS is vastly different from its Academy grade counterparts, their weapons output are far stronger to a point that it can destroy another IS, stronger and more durable shields which is able to brunt off 80mm rail gun shots consecutively, high powered energy generation and faster, more agile than a Representative Grade IS. This after all made for military purpose unlike its representative counter part which is made for tournaments to represent its country. Silver Gospel is made as an Artillery unit able to deliver high damaging Laser Grenades to the enemy and bombard the enemy from above. Not to mention it is fast very fast even by IS standards as it can super cruise at the speed of mach 2. A formidable IS on its own right as it was able to handle 5 ISs 1 of which is a 4th Gen and still win the fight. It can undoubtly be able to stop a beta horde right on its tracks with laser grenade bombardment alone. Not to mention it has 360 degree firing arc so it can literally fire on every direction possible. THe only glaring fact about this IS is that it doesn't have a uniform CQC weapon apart from its claws which is enough to damage IS armor in one grab. It is also effective for bombarding laser class as the 'Silver Bell's range exceeds of that laser class.

Still it wont see that much action. After all Ichika will use TSF. apart from the major happenings (12/5 incident, Christmas 21, XM3 Trials, Kashgar Assault and etc)

As for the Esper Takeru, yes It has already came to my mind that we need to limit its use, not like some blonde haired servant(ahem! Gilgamesh ahem!) who uses it at whim. It has severe lash on Takeru whenever he uses it. Though for some items that he does have preference in materializing he doesn't receive that much lash back (like TSFs he has always Used, Bunny that he gave to Yashiro and sumika, Meiya's sword and etc.). Every time he uses it his life span shortens vastly like for every time he uses it his life expectancy will lower by 10-20 years considerably because it is an esper ability that uses 98% of his brain most of the time barely enough for his non conscious function thus making Takeru think too hard will considerably lower his life(Which he will be doing alot in the fic since he needed to think fast to react to the changes, it is also one of the reasons why he refused to show or feel emotion as it will incite him to think deeply its like every time he thinks his life considerably lows by a week or a month depending on how deep of thinking he is doing also this makes him lose memories many memories like details or important events or even names of people until he forgets every memories he has). At the end of the fic, we can safely say he won't live long. His life expectancy is 52 and he is 17 now so.... yeah... you know the drill he can use it 4 times at best none at worst

There is only so much memories and things that a human brain can process before it breaks down.
Old 2013-03-29, 15:02   Link #847
tsunade666

sigh.... I know the specs of IS. I know and read the novel.

I'll ask you this. When you listed the important events in alterverse specifically the hive infiltration. What do you plan on Ichika? invade the hive with the IS? If his piloting a tsf then that's fine but you mention first the unlimited world then alter world. Do you plan on him being a drifter or stuck in alter world just like Takeru? how did he ended up there or lets not ask that question but how can he loop back there if he haven't had anyone he knew there? it came from you. He is alone there. If you read Yuuko's rant on Takeru being anchored on alter world then you need connections from the people there, aside from Sumika...... how?

Then back to Ichika infiltrating a hive...... you do know that IS are much more advance weaponry and Yuuko's attitude right? how will Ichika be of help to her if he can't help in completing alternative IV? Yuuko might be interested on him being "unique" but treating him special is a different manner. It will be past time entertainment for her and if the IS weapon of Ichika was leaked or revealed then he would be a piece of meat for the ravens a.k.a. government or military.

But lets not dwell on them but my most problem is ENERGY. You said in your fic you will tackling this so it won't run out of gas that fast but.... you do know the numbers of BETA right? and their main weapon isn't really the strength of the strain but their numbers. Another problem is .... well ammunition (but secondary because mostly its energy from the core that is my main problem) back to the problem of NUMBERS. How will Ichika respond on it when he got no more ammunition and energy? there are no Houki here that will replenish the energy or other IS for emergency transfer of energy or any mad cute scientist like Tabanee that can remedy the problem of ammunition and I don't think anyone can just replicate or waste resources for it if it didn't show any promises and showing Ichika's trump card would lead into more problems for him. Keeping IS as a secret is necessary if he wanted to survive (or at least his identity)

I can already picture him leaving in hell hole and I'm not even talking about Hive because I can't see him survive there with his IS frame without pulling plot armor. A tsf platoon would help as back up but really.... the valkyrie data that Sumika gathered is the one that makes hive infiltration possible and Sumika won't even show up because Takeru is not around. Dim future.

Your idea is not bad mate, but I'm trying to put you down but I'm listing the possible problems you will encounter on muvluv fans and I'm still the one who has yet to respond. When the others who are frequently read here read your idea. They will give their own idea on it. But really.... man size IS against BETA is crazy.
Old 2013-03-29, 22:38   Link #848
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

hmm oh well nevermind that idea... its just on papers anyway... I already planned that he wont be put on Valkyrie. he is more over of a 'spare' pilot as I planned him to be since i plan him to have at least have an ace level of piloting in unlimited. More like a special operative in alternative and alternative plus just to redeem some glaring deficiencies he has. I will needlessly say I will be using IS as a curb stomp machine against BETA/TSF on alternative and alternative plus. as for 00-unit, sumika will still be completed however she will be much worse than canon. Of course IS will be revealed however, it will be like an open secret, they know it at the same time they don't know it. For relationships, professional at best, he wont really fall on despair due to their deaths, he'll be sad yes but he wont despair he has his own problems to deal with, he'll be friends with yashiro yes.

On the NarutoxML however it would be fun to write the imperial guard route... imagine the face of people how a single soldier armed only with a nodachi and handgun goes slaughter mode on BETA(Tank, Soldier and warrior) and still live after facing such odds or what will be their reaction if a single punch can shatter a destroyer class shell.

How is your view about the Test Pilot route? I don't really have much solid starting ground on it other than Imperial Guard and Royal Guard route... I was thinking along the lines of Alternative VI(Project Diva, Project Songtress, Project Nightingale. DECULTURE if you know what I mean) to be used on this route. he'll be hired to test out next generation innovative weapons platform that is meant to escort the ALT VI to the battlefield and he will be working alongside with the ALT VI closely. I haven't decided where this will happen, EU front or America or even Australia/Asia as the chosen nation is the sponsor of the project, mass xover for character serialization, I don't really much like creating too much characters though I made on OC who pilots a modified JAS-39 Gripen S or Gripen Sniper

of course no god sue on him in the crossover however he wont be despairing since he doesnt have anyone to begin with. His view to the world is only black and white. He is only alive because nothing can kill him. Not even BETA can stop him. He wants to die fighting and no one can stop him literally he is looking for his death.
Old 2013-03-31, 06:05   Link #849
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8628583/...moment-miracle New update on Last Moment Miracle
Old 2013-04-04, 07:01   Link #850
sasahar17

Reposted from General Discussion thread... since I have no idea how come I was stupid enough to mix up the windows I was looking at.

Y'know, with all this talk about being nommed by giant monsters (in the General Thread), I just realized something about Muv Luv: Do You Remember Love

There's not enough people dying. Alas. I have always prided myself in balacing hope and despair, but i find without them horrible deaths my fanfic verse is too nice and cuddly.

I have to rectify that.

Apologies to all Ellen Aice fans. She's the Orbital Diver, so I picked her to be the one starring in my next snippet. She needs a bit more love around here, even if it is ejecting right into a horde of Tanks.

Spoilers: Ellen Aice Dies and has a Wake.

Spoiler for Aice Dies:

So! Apologies on the lateness of Valkyries Part 2. It'll be done whenever it's done.
sasahar17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 07:48   Link #851
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasahar17 View Post
Reposted from General Discussion thread... since I have no idea how come I was stupid enough to mix up the windows I was looking at.

Y'know, with all this talk about being nommed by giant monsters (in the General Thread), I just realized something about Muv Luv: Do You Remember Love

There's not enough people dying. Alas. I have always prided myself in balacing hope and despair, but i find without them horrible deaths my fanfic verse is too nice and cuddly.

I have to rectify that.

Apologies to all Ellen Aice fans. She's the Orbital Diver, so I picked her to be the one starring in my next snippet. She needs a bit more love around here, even if it is ejecting right into a horde of Tanks.

Spoiler for Aice Dies:

So! Apologies on the lateness of Valkyries Part 2. It'll be done whenever it's done.
Oh God that was hilarious.

There's no need to see the good guys die, just the bad ones.

Truly the most luckiest/unluckiest pilot.
Old 2013-04-05, 07:25   Link #852
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

me wish for some Mana romance fic! SOMEONE WRITE IT!!!! I don't care if its crossover or not!! I NEED MOAR DOSE OF MANA TSUKUYOMI!!!
Old 2013-04-06, 00:31   Link #853
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasahar17 View Post

XD XD XD

Ahahahahaha. Guess this should go in the snippet collection?

Also, I've completed the first part of Garuda Wings, which can be found here.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 07:16   Link #854
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Guess who's the smuggest Muv-Luv fanfic right now?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The yours truly. Goose came through earlier today, and the newest chapter is out.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 09:07   Link #855
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Two words:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-06, 09:36   Link #856
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
Guess who's the smuggest Muv-Luv fanfic right now?

The yours truly. Goose came through earlier today, and the newest chapter is out.
Haha, thanks. Sat down today, said, "Fuck it work," and forced myself to marathon through. And now it's over and I can rela-

Oshit I gotta do Valkyries Pt.2 and Tropical Thunder next, lol. Ah well,

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 12:24   Link #857
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8361806/9/MuvLuv-Comet

Comet is out...

nice chapter btw
Old 2013-04-06, 19:57   Link #858
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

...all of a sudden I want a Gripen TSf. Just to see them do THIS video with TSFs.
http://youtu.be/oKlQyPOiRuE
Old 2013-04-07, 00:25   Link #859
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
...all of a sudden I want a Gripen TSf. Just to see them do THIS video with TSFs.
http://youtu.be/oKlQyPOiRuE
Awesome isn't it?
Old 2013-04-07, 02:13   Link #860
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Well, it actually reminds me of the Mercenary Group ads seen in Metal Gear Solid 4...

Tags
fanfiction, harem