Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-25, 16:33   Link #7061
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
We can always hope.
Yes, you can hope, but where I live there's a saying... "hope's a bi***, everyone lives with it"

That being said, in this case it's prolly good to hope, but it's bad to hype it because of a "new anime" announcement. There are dozens of new animes every year, and for the last... 8 years (damn, that much already?) none of them has been FMP.

Still, Gatoh said that if it will ever be decided that there won't be another season of FMP, he will tell us. Until then... there is hope (which, like I said, it's a bi*** :P ).
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 17:02   Link #7062
yellowscarves

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasvik View Post
Yes, you can hope, but where I live there's a saying... "hope's a bi***, everyone lives with it"

That being said, in this case it's prolly good to hope, but it's bad to hype it because of a "new anime" announcement. There are dozens of new animes every year, and for the last... 8 years (damn, that much already?) none of them has been FMP.

Still, Gatoh said that if it will ever be decided that there won't be another season of FMP, he will tell us. Until then... there is hope (which, like I said, it's a bi*** :P ).
If they didn't release the silhouettes and just told us they were going to announce something new, there probably wouldn't be as much hype. You see what you want to see, and I really don't know if I'm delusional at point for seeing AS armour and Sousuke on the right. The art style change may be because the art person who guided the animators in Gonzo's and KyoAni's FMP didn't come back and the KyoAni staff wanted to do it a little differently.
yellowscarves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 17:53   Link #7063
tomboy8888
Bloody Vampire Lover

Has anyone with some art education taken those silouettes and seen what they could do with them? I have, and I now have an OK image of Sosuke and Kanami. I'm not gonna post it, cause it is based off my imagination of what the outlines look like to me, and I really don't want to get everyones hopes up too high. And yeah, it is rather sketchy, as all I had was my laptop to do it on.

Ah, well, sometimes it's good to hope.
Old 2013-04-25, 18:17   Link #7064
yellowscarves

^ Would you post it tomorrow, after the big announcement? I'm really interested in what your imagination came up with.
Old 2013-04-25, 19:24   Link #7065
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
You're not a FMP fan are you?
I am an FMP fan.

I have also, in the years since 2005, been exposed to Warhammer 40,000, particularly Dawn of War, and remember the Blood Angels Librarian's quote: "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."

After almost 8 years of being trolled by KyoAni, I no longer have any hope.

At least with Kouki you know in advance he's going to troll you, and Urobutcher likewise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
I won't give up until the author himself said it's over.
Technically, it is over, given that the author finished off the light novels several years back.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 19:57   Link #7066
FeistyDreams

Gatoh has said in the past that no news is good news, pretty much. I think it was a couple years ago now when he said that there was no anime being worked on BUT that it wasn't a lost cause, and that (at the time) if we heard nothing on the subject, then that meant it was still a possibility. Since we've never heard it's dead, then yes, there is still officially hope, by his words. I think that's what SkoolRumble4Ya was referring to, about not giving up until Gatoh says it's 'over.'

(And technically, no, no it's not over, there's the sequel. Gatoh might not be writing it, but he is working it. FMP is still alive XD)
Old 2013-04-25, 21:41   Link #7067
tomboy8888
Bloody Vampire Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowscarves View Post
^ Would you post it tomorrow, after the big announcement? I'm really interested in what your imagination came up with.
I might... when I say sketchy, I mean it - I had to fight my computer's itty-bitty touch pad to do the sketching... might have done better if I had a mouse, but computer art is not my forte.

I'm truly surprised no one else seems to have done this - some certainties of form can certainly be extrapulated, even if from silouettes. They do seem to be human characters, so much can be assumed. Ah, well...
Old 2013-04-26, 07:11   Link #7068
dasvik

Ok, less than 1 hour remaining... until total excitement and a delirious mood, or a return to the day-by-day routine, in which nothing FMP-related happens.
Old 2013-04-26, 08:04   Link #7069
FeistyDreams

It's swimming anime (called "Free") ...I give up. Did they have time to come up with real story and characters? I don't think the fujoshi are really winning here, but whatever. Well, then again, maybe they are, if all they want is eye candy and no substance.
Old 2013-04-26, 09:45   Link #7070
dasvik

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
It's swimming anime (called "Free") ...I give up. Did they have time to come up with real story and characters? I don't think the fujoshi are really winning here, but whatever. Well, then again, maybe they are, if all they want is eye candy and no substance.
Swimming anime... What the world has come to...
Old 2013-04-26, 11:54   Link #7071
yellowscarves

It would be neat if "Free" actually focused on the technical side of swimming, with swimming competitions - like an actual sports anime. The PV seems to suggests otherwise though.

Last edited by yellowscarves; 2013-04-26 at 12:20.
Old 2013-04-26, 12:08   Link #7072
FeistyDreams

I have a lot of not-nice things to say on the subject, but I think I'll keep at as this:

I hope the people that wanted it don't care that they took no time at all in developing story and characters.

I would have preferred that KyoAni announce they were only doing moe from now on than this, because even if all of it is shameless pandering, at least more than a month of thought and effort is put into those. I do hope I'm wrong on that, but it's how it feels.

Last edited by FeistyDreams; 2013-04-26 at 12:11. Reason: typo
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 12:20   Link #7073
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
I hope the people that wanted it don't care that they took no time at all in developing story and characters.
You realize how stupid that statement is?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 12:24   Link #7074
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
You realize how stupid that statement is?
Care to explain how? Now, granted, I left it very short and vague because I didn't really want to go into the full rant, so I understand it probably didn't get the full point across.

The not-as-short-version: The CM that came out, what, a MONTH ago?, was purely a "Look what our animation studio can do." It wasn't a story. There was nothing to it. The crowd went wild, and now suddenly there's an anime for it. It was NEVER a PV. So that makes it look like they scrambled together a team and BSed a story to rush it out while the hype was still hot to make a quick buck. I realize they're a business and money making is kind of the point, but it feels like they don't care about integrity anymore. How can you put out a quality product with that kind of rush?
Old 2013-04-26, 12:30   Link #7075
Sumeragi
Banned

Why your statement was stupid: Studios don't work like that. Everything had been planned from the start. Just because you don't see the actual work does not mean Kyoani was not doing anything.

Seriously, I would think someone like you would know how things work by your age.
Old 2013-04-26, 12:41   Link #7076
FeistyDreams

Everything about it feels and looks rushed. Even if it had been a preview, it's changed some style and character designs. What about that makes it look as though it really was planned out the whole time? It sure does seem weird that it would get rushed, and hardly seems possible, but I've seen stranger things. I did also say that I truly hope it's NOT the case, but that's how it's being presented. I'm also being whinier than I usually would be right now, and shouldn't have bothered to say anything in the first place. When I look at it a few days from now when I'm feeling better, I'll probably agree completely that it was a stupid statement. I should know better than to go on forums when I'm sick, but that seems to be when I go on them the most, and say stupid things.

I do truly hope that the people who were looking forward to it DO like it. I like KyoAni, even if I've been disappointed lately, and while I may not agree with the presentation of this project, I hope they have success. I also really hope I'm proven wrong and that there's a real story and the characters aren't flat, because I would really hate for something like that to see high success when things more deserving (not talking about just FMP here, but of course I'd be lying if I said it wasn't included) don't. Although, it's been rather proven these days in all sorts of media that pandering sells and something that makes you think rarely does. There are the exceptions, and those make me unbelievably happy, but I'm disappointed with media on the whole these days, and I'm probably taking it out on KyoAni right now.
Old 2013-04-26, 12:42   Link #7077
Sumeragi
Banned

*Shrugs*

I'll let you be then.
Old 2013-04-30, 23:12   Link #7078
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Like I said, Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

I figure if we get FMP by the end of this decade, it'll be a miracle. Or maybe they're saving it for an anime.

Still, I believe that one day, no matter the setbacks, we will eventually see an animated conclusion to Full Metal Panic.

For I have faith, and that is enough.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 23:09   Link #7079
FeistyDreams

Hey hey, that poll Baka-Tsuki had about what to translate next, the winner WAS FMP!Another, right? I didn't remember that wrong because of my strong desire?

I ask, because the translator in question, Teh_ping, said that the winner from that poll will start being posted in August, and if I do remember right, then that means we'll get to read translations for it!

EDIT: It might be a different poll, but I'mma leave this here anyways, and stop posting things right before bed. Gah. Someone kick me off the internet after 8pm, I can't be trusted.

Last edited by FeistyDreams; 2013-05-01 at 23:26. Reason: OTL wrote wrong translator i am fail
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 09:34   Link #7080
MisterBaka

Soooo, looks like I have to start drinking now on my country's May holidays and sober up by August? Not gonna be easy seeing how I don't drink. But what else is there to do?!
I really can't wait for translations of Another.
MisterBaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen