AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-01, 03:32   Link #201
josongiloki

I'm really confused right now...how in the world are you guys getting all this info? coz...the latest subs r only at ep 4.
r u all watching raw anime?
If so...where? u dl them from jap site? or r u IN japan?
josongiloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 09:26   Link #202
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I can't much wait for the soundtrack to come out longer. The music was a refreshment for episode 12 and some tunes heightened the mood.

Spoiler:

Maria
Spoiler:

The episodes also focuses more on Furimizu's involving with the WitchBlade project, and the role he plays regarding the creation of the Neo-Gene.
Spoiler:

Escape from NSWF.
Spoiler:

Since I was doubting Masane's maternity in respect towards Riko, therefore, it was not surprising what the DNA tests revealed.
Spoiler:

This episode ranges from standard to good. Looking forward what happens next.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 05:32   Link #203
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by josongiloki
I'm really confused right now...how in the world are you guys getting all this info? coz...the latest subs r only at ep 4.
r u all watching raw anime?
If so...where? u dl them from jap site? or r u IN japan?
Yup, we're all watching raws because this show is licensed. And it's a good idea not to ask any more because it'll just get deleted by the mods. ^_~
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 05:38   Link #204
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
I can't much wait for the soundtrack to come out longer. The music was a refreshment for episode 12 and some tunes heightened the mood.

Maria
Spoiler:

The episodes also focuses more on Furimizu's involving with the WitchBlade project, and the role he plays regarding the creation of the Neo-Gene.
Spoiler:

This episode ranges from standard to good. Looking forward what happens next.
I like how Nora was able to deal with Maria. Don't wanna spoil the child too much.
Spoiler for what they were doing to Masane:

Is it just me, or does Furumizu's dad look like KFC's Colonel Sanders? ^_^

My summary of episode 12. I'm looking forward to the next episode too... I just hate NSWF for their constant attempts to split up Masane and Riko.
Old 2006-07-03, 20:26   Link #205
masadate

1 st Press DVD & Artbook

Hi there. Let me just say that I find this forum and its contributors very informative. Second, I wanted to know if anybody can find any info on the artbook and the DVD first press; couldn't find any place to get it since I bearly found out about this show. Thanks Very Much
masadate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 08:43   Link #206
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by masadate
Hi there. Let me just say that I find this forum and its contributors very informative. Second, I wanted to know if anybody can find any info on the artbook and the DVD first press; couldn't find any place to get it since I bearly found out about this show. Thanks Very Much
The DVD doesn't come out till the 27 of July: from CD Japan. Can't find info on the artbook, but I think it was posted somewhere in these threads.
Old 2006-07-05, 21:36   Link #207
masadate

To: wrex japan

Thanks for the info; went to the site and they were sold out of the 1st press, leaving only the original copies. I request that if anyone that you know has bought a first press edition, that they make HQ scans. I would really be appriciate it.
Thank You.
Old 2006-07-05, 23:52   Link #208
masadate

Sketchbook

Yeah those HQ scans that I am requesting are those from the sketchbook. Thanks
Old 2006-07-06, 11:49   Link #209
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Episode 14 is soap opera galore. 8)

Can't get cornier than that, in my opinion.

The new op sucks. The video is just a cut up of previous scenes and the lyrics feature a barrage of "Hey, mama!" or something like that...
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 14:24   Link #210
JShaggy
I like CRABS!!

Send a message via AIM to JShaggy Send a message via Yahoo to JShaggy
No action this week, but there was plenty of drama in Episode 14 like you said.

Spoiler for Episode 14:

For those curious, the name of the song in the new OP is "Dear Bob" by AKIO. I'm sorry, but I like XTC better than this. Still haven't figured out the name of the new ED theme, though.

JShaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 22:06   Link #211
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 13 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShaggy
Finally watched Episode 13 today, and based on what happened at the end of episode 12 (all interpretation I mind you) ...

Spoiler for end of episode 12/beginning of episode 13 (MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD!!):

The episode itself is a real tearjerker as well:
Spoiler for episode 13:

A very sad episode indeed at that, but it also serves as a turning point in the story as the plot starts to darken.
It was indeed a beautiful and tearjerker episode. GONZO pushed up the budget to give the best animation and soundtrack quality for this episode.

The character's facial gestureS highly detailed and neat allow to display wide ranges of emotions about their personalities and the mood that quickly turned gloomy.

The second surprise was again the soundtrack. A new BGM song debuted at the scene when Takayama and Segawa talked about finding out Lady's maternity to Riko.
That song made me thought of the 'Noir' movies with its exotic tune and mysterious aura; something that may foretell a bad omen to come.

The next tune was Father's theme, and they played it all the way. That is one of my favorites which tells a whole deal about Father's identity.

The final one played when Reina confronted Nora. For a moment, I compared that song to those composed by Yuki Kajiura, particularly if you listened to the female solo voice that hums it.

Well JShaggy almost grasped what became of Masane and Riko in this episode, which places the stone for things to start getting depressing and likely apocalyptic-quese.
Spoiler:

Yes, it was a powerful scene that delivered me quite few tears, watching Masane disowning Riko for the little child's sake. Having to literally slapped on her the words that she's not her mother and should be tended by her real mom, speaking indifferent and callous to the little girl.

BTW, I think to have a liking for the ending. It shows the current characters, those who are already deceased (they even included the late Ex-cons), and future characters on upcoming episodes.
Old 2006-07-07, 23:30   Link #212
rpgman1

Isn't Witchblade going to end at 24 episodes? I saw a poster of Witchblade Masane sticking her tounge out with her finger in a seductive pose. Then I saw in a corner it says "22 minutes and 24 episodes". I guess it means 22 minutes on each episode and only 24 episodes in the series. I can only think of Fate: Stay Night which has only 24 episodes.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 14:07   Link #213
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
For those curious, the name of the song in the new OP is "Dear Bob" by AKIO. I'm sorry, but I like XTC better than this. Still haven't figured out the name of the new ED theme, though.
wrex_japan has it. The title for the ED theme is Kutsu Himo (Shoe Strings) by Yamamoto Asami.

You can ask him at his blog to check for veracity.
Old 2006-07-11, 22:34   Link #214
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 14 Review

Quote:
No action this week, but there was plenty of drama in Episode 14 like you said.

Spoiler for Episode 14:

Animation returned to its good-to-average quality. Riko at some close-up shots has her cheeks swollen and features no nose.

Agreed. Soap opera totally owned for this episode and is fitting, since Masane suffered an emotional blow in the previous one. Had this episode feature tense angst or exploded violent action, it would seem out of place and scrambled in plot holes.

JShaggy, you explained clear as crystal what went on, therefore, I won't comment on the events but rather describing Riko's current relationship with Reina and Masane's hardship to coping on her own depression for Riko's loss; those issues explored were the highlights to me.
Spoiler:

Kinishida reinforces more on Riko. On her request Father sent Nora to retrieve her in order to make test on the child, and more mysteries surrounds, especially when Masane asks about the identity of Riko's dad which is unknown.

BTW, is it a joke that the writers are playing upon us?
Spoiler:

And I agree with you, JShaggy, the new OP sucks in both song and video. The video only displays a montage with clips from random footage of the first 13 episodes.
Old 2006-07-12, 15:50   Link #215
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Fifteen would be a must see episode. It looks to me that WitchBlade is imitating Gantz in which major characters are getting killed in both.

Spoiler:

Seriously, the designer either was drunk or suffered some trauma. The design of Maria's DualBlade form looks unsavory to me. It is neither cool nor sexy without leaving anything to imagination.

Resembles more of a devil form to Joker claded in WitchBlade armor.
Old 2006-07-12, 15:58   Link #216
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

LOL

Her Cloneblade hair is even sillier than her real life hair. And that's a feat. 8)
Old 2006-07-12, 19:26   Link #217
dieseltrain

Who will Masane be with Tozawa or Takayama?
dieseltrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 19:52   Link #218
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

They don't seem to be pushing Tozawa X Masane at all, while Takayama X Masane gets a lot of attention for now.
Old 2006-07-12, 21:33   Link #219
dieseltrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
They don't seem to be pushing Tozawa X Masane at all, while Takayama X Masane gets a lot of attention for now.

Nothing against Takayama, I thing Tozawa is a good match for Musane ;-) well thats why this is 26 episodes.
dieseltrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 23:41   Link #220
rpgman1

I thought Witchblade was a 24 episode series. Saw it in a video game magazine.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote