AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-08-10, 16:55   Link #281
Warm Mist

Dat animation... I was half worried that the budget would be low since this is not funded by Kadokawa or any big sponsor, but now that I know TBS and Pony Canyon are in on this, coupled with the awesome looking PV, I can say I'm looking forward to this.

If there is something to nitpick about this, is that there doesn't seem to be any hint of a choreographed fight in this PV, something I think is the "main" problem (if there is any) with Kyoani action. The highlights are the superb FX work and the exaggerated yet nuanced movements the characters can do, but I want to see some well thought out fist fights animated by Kigami or Ishidate, ffs. They seem to be able to do proper choreography as seen in that Hyouka breakdance segment, or the dance sequences in Haruhi and LS, so this is a bit jarring for me.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 21:30   Link #282
ElCachicamo

Now this is good animation, It shows what a difference a studio like Kyoani makes. You need to make the not action scenes interesting to watch as well. IMO the low-key kind of scenes shouldn't be an excuse for poor and boring cuts.
ElCachicamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 13:29   Link #283
suntaclaus

New Scan:
static.minitokyo.net/downloads/31/44/592231.jpg
suntaclaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 13:39   Link #284
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
fixed for you

Spoiler for Newtype:
Old 2012-08-12, 00:51   Link #285
Westlo
Lets be reality

Art design is lacking compared to Hyouka.. but the animation remains typically KyoAni, superb. An interesting PV also and lol @ the Steins;Gate anime writer also doing this.. though of course the source material for the that is clearly better than this shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shergal View Post
The highlights are the superb FX work and the exaggerated yet nuanced movements the characters can do, but I want to see some well thought out fist fights animated by Kigami or Ishidate, ffs. They seem to be able to do proper choreography as seen in that Hyouka breakdance segment, or the dance sequences in Haruhi and LS, so this is a bit jarring for me.
Slightly offtopic but who animated the fight between Melissa and one of the twins from TSR?

Last edited by Westlo; 2012-08-12 at 02:45.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 01:57   Link #286
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shergal View Post
Dat animation... I was half worried that the budget would be low since this is not funded by Kadokawa or any big sponsor, but now that I know TBS and Pony Canyon are in on this, coupled with the awesome looking PV, I can say I'm looking forward to this.

If there is something to nitpick about this, is that there doesn't seem to be any hint of a choreographed fight in this PV, something I think is the "main" problem (if there is any) with Kyoani action. The highlights are the superb FX work and the exaggerated yet nuanced movements the characters can do, but I want to see some well thought out fist fights animated by Kigami or Ishidate, ffs. They seem to be able to do proper choreography as seen in that Hyouka breakdance segment, or the dance sequences in Haruhi and LS, so this is a bit jarring for me.
Wasn't Yamamoto in charge of the Haruhi and the Lucky Star dance sequences? That was the word going around here when he left KyoAni and Kannagi aired.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 02:48   Link #287
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
That was a crazy preview. The animation does look good. I still don't get what the show is about though.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 02:52   Link #288
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Wasn't Yamamoto in charge of the Haruhi and the Lucky Star dance sequences? That was the word going around here when he left KyoAni and Kannagi aired.

The first time I've ever seen someone not using the "Yamakan" surname, is this a sign of respect of his previous works?
Old 2012-08-12, 03:08   Link #289
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Slightly offtopic but who animated the fight between Melissa and one of the twins from TSR?
Kyoani, I believe.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 03:36   Link #290
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
The first time I've ever seen someone not using the "Yamakan" surname, is this a sign of respect of his previous works?
Actually, I forgot his name and had to look it up. I completely forgot about the Yamakan nickname .
Old 2012-08-12, 04:43   Link #291
ImagineThat
Cant think of one Sorry

Initially i didn't give this the time of day because of the synopsis and to a lesser extent, the abomination that is Hyouka. I'm so glad i decided to watch the trailer this looks great. Action packed, nice colourful art, stylistic animation and it seems the main heroine and hero have decent chemistry with each other.

I hope the series lives up to the trailer because it could be a big hit. Definitely adding this to my watch list.
ImagineThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 04:59   Link #292
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Kyoani, I believe.
That wasn't the question...
From what I've found, that episode was animated by Kadowaki, but I'm unsure if it is completely on spot for that specific scene.
Old 2012-08-12, 17:45   Link #293
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Friday, MyNavi reported on the anime production and listed an accurate character summary as well as additional character design images for everyone but Rikka. I've placed the images in image tags to save space for those who don't want to view them.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Yuuta Togashi:
This story's protagonist. A punctual, calm, and helpful lad. He's one of those boys doesn't stand out much these days. But to be honest, he suffered from a severe case of chuunibyou when he was in middle school. It was bad enough to drive away his classmates. Given a new chance in his high school career, he sealed away his past and vowed never to be infected again. But now that he's connected to Rikka, will his chuunibyou flare up again?

Rikka Takanashi (CV. Maaya Uchida):
A girl suffering from chuunibyou. A somewhat intense girl who you shouldn't assume can't talk for a while. With her made-up power, the Devilish Truth Stare, she engulfs her surroundings (especially Yuuta). Though she's become attached to Yuuta, she has a severe fear of strangers and adapts a battle pose whenever she meets someone for the first time. Considerably clumsy, she often trips and forgets things.
Images
Shinka Nibutani (CV. Chinatsu Akasaki):
Yuuta's classmate and class rep. One of the most popular girls in the class due to her looks. Cheerful and diligent, she enjoys taking care of people. Really, she's the leader of the class.
Images
Kumin Tsuyuri (CV. Azumi Asakura):
One year ahead of the others. This possessor of a talent to sleep anywhere always carries a pillow in her bag. She's so carefree that she's able to create a warm, calm atmosphere wherever she goes. She also can invoke a talent "Cell Phone no Cell Phone" that increases the rate of her finding a lost item 7-fold.
Images
Sanae Dekomori (CV. Sumire Uesaka):
Attracted by Rikka's Devilish Truth Stare, this third year middle schooler serves as Rikka's Servant. Because she's a bit reckless and silly, she often ends up hurting herself. Fallen ill to the same type of chuunibyou Rikka had, she also can go on a rampage greater than any in the rainy season. Naturally, she's a walking annoyance.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 18:10   Link #294
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

So I gather that Yuuta actually play along with Rikka from time to time? Thus what we saw of his Chuunibyou in the PV are not all his past? (Hopefully the answer to that question is not a spoiler.)

I wasn't expecting that. Looking forward to see it if that's the case. And thanks for translating it!
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 18:17   Link #295
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
So I gather that Yuuta actually play along with Rikka from time to time? Thus what we saw of his Chuunibyou in the PV are not all his past? (Hopefully the answer to that question is not a spoiler.)

I wasn't expecting that. Looking forward to see it if that's the case. And thanks for translating it!
Since there's going to be so much anime-original content, I can't answer that question in regards to the anime as I don't know what Ishihara/Hanada have planned. Things may be cut from the novel or added, so who knows?

Old 2012-08-12, 18:30   Link #296
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Since there's going to be so much anime-original content, I can't answer that question in regards to the anime as I don't know what Ishihara/Hanada have planned. Things may be cut from the novel or added, so who knows?
I see. So what about the novel? You could answer in the novel thread if you think it's more appropriate. I'll follow you there.
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 19:09   Link #297
Warm Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I don't know since neither the release I have of TSR nor ANN have the genga lists, but the episode was by Kigami and Ishidate, so perhaps one of them did it. Add to it that Kyoani animators are fucking hard to recognize, and I can't give you an answer.

You could try asking in the /anime/ BBS from 4chan, there are much more knowledgeable people in there.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 07:38   Link #298
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

/
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 10:41   Link #299
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
fixed for you

Spoiler for Newtype:
Translation
Spoiler:

Will work on the new ones later today.

Old 2012-08-15, 11:13   Link #300
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

It's nice to hear that not every character is "afflicted" with chuunibyou. It should make the cast interactions a bit more interesting. Also, Tsuyuri has the best character design .

Do magazine scans normally have spoilers in them?

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen