AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-10, 01:16   Link #1421
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I usually don't poke at anything before it's released or at least a promo/preview/trial is available, but I do agree the idea of a Toaru RPG would be more appealing.

But that was never likely to happen, for this or pretty much any other anime->game. The reason being it would take much more time and effort, and hence budget, to make an RPG than a simple action/fighting game. (bigger story and plot, big areas and maps, friendly and enemy AI, creating different kinds of enemies, all kinds of cusomization, etc) In general, anime->game releases (as far as I know) have been little more than extra cash on a franchise (with maybe Gundam being a small exception), so they're not going to bend over backwards to make this unrivaled masterpiece of a game. As it is, anime->game productions are already not-so-high-end. (I love Black Cat, but the only thing good about the game were the CG art pics, things like the battle system were..............severely lacking) These games are made to make a little extra cash on the side, as the makers know that the fans will buy it anyway because it's about an anime they like.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2010-06-10 at 01:34.
Old 2010-06-10, 02:42   Link #1422
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
... Fighting game, just like what I expected.

Also what a cheap way to get a game-based merchandise, I bet most of us have seen other fighting game adaptations from a series...

That way, most developers can save and avoid a lot of stuff...

... in which had they actually tried to make an RPG, they will have to try fiddling with the series universe to produce a plot of their own, of course without messing up with the original source. Without a plot, RPGs won't be possible, and they managed to have that happen. Now all they need to do is focus on gameplay.

And the next thing is to prevent possible spoiler leakage by inducing plot for an RPG. As it is, to the non-novel readers we will be having a number of people getting intrigued over a characters from the series who are yet to be introduced in the other media forms (anime, manga)... and it's going to risk spoiling these people if these characters were to be explained (in which I admit I'm more than dangerously happy to do it whenever I can)... so yeah.

Just an opinion.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-06-10, 16:35   Link #1423
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Hmm, I wonder why JC Staff's 2nd seasons don't have a good impression on me.
You are not alone on that....
Old 2010-06-10, 23:42   Link #1424
tsunade666

I'm fine on what may happen and just enjoy the show. I mean they even brought us index s2 we should be happy and just wait for it and watch it. Let's worry after we watch it.
Old 2010-06-11, 11:47   Link #1425
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Yeah, I agree. Besides, I think Shana S2 was pretty good. Not great or the best, but I definitely enjoyed it. Really, the only second season they really fucked up was Zero no Tsukaima.
Old 2010-06-11, 12:05   Link #1426
tsunade666

I also like zero no tsukaima 2nd season though I hate how they end it, well can't be helped that part it's not like they could leave him dead for an ending.

And using the other works as standard if the season would fail is kinda ..... bad isn't it? Let's put more faith on the work unless most of the works kinda lame like bones which epic fail this season.
Old 2010-06-11, 12:55   Link #1427
Ashaman

They're not douting the work, but the studio, which seems to have a bad track record when it comes to second seasons.

Personally, because when I watched Shana and Zero no Tsukaima as an anime first, and had no knowlegde of light novels at all, I didn't see the problem and quite liked them. Having now read the first 11 ZnT novels, looking back I can see how much of a fail it was. Good in its own right, but failure in adaptation.

THat's why they are worried here. I'm a little worried, but I don't think they'll mess it up; not really.
Old 2010-06-11, 18:18   Link #1428
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
They're not douting the work, but the studio, which seems to have a bad track record when it comes to second seasons.
This really has little to do with the studio, and much more to do with the Producers, Director, Writers, and Production Partners. These are the key people that make the big decisions about how the show will go, and most of them don't even work for the Animation Production studio. So all this speculation is really pointless until we get information about who the key staff will be. If a lot of the staff from the first season is returning for the second, that might suggest that they're going to take a similar approach in terms of the treatment of the source material. If much of the key staff changes, then who knows...

The discussion about the Shana and ZnT sequels have been done to death in their respective forums, so we don't need to drag it out over here as well.
Old 2010-06-11, 18:43   Link #1429
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
This really has little to do with the studio, and much more to do with the Producers, Director, Writers, and Production Partners. These are the key people that make the big decisions about how the show will go, and most of them don't even work for the Animation Production studio. So all this speculation is really pointless until we get information about who the key staff will be. If a lot of the staff from the first season is returning for the second, that might suggest that they're going to take a similar approach in terms of the treatment of the source material. If much of the key staff changes, then who knows...

The discussion about the Shana and ZnT sequels have been done to death in their respective forums, so we don't need to drag it out over here as well.
Staff revealed until know:

Director: Hiroshi Nishikiori
Series Composition: Masanao Akahoshi
Music: I've sound, Maiko Iuchi
Original creator: Kazuma Kamachi
Original Character Design: Kiyotaka Haimura
Character Anime Design: Yuichi Tanaka
Sound Director: Yasunori Ebina
Old 2010-06-11, 19:01   Link #1430
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Director: Hiroshi Nishikiori (same)
Series Composition: Masanao Akahoshi (same)
Music: I've sound, Maiko Iuchi (same, also in Railgun)
Original creator: Kazuma Kamachi (duh :P)
Original Character Design: Kiyotaka Haimura (duh :P)
Character Anime Design: Yuichi Tanaka (same, also in Railgun)
Sound Director: Yasunori Ebina (same)

So that reveals it, pretty much everyone is back.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-06-12, 00:24   Link #1431
tsunade666

then that's good news.
Old 2010-06-12, 06:28   Link #1432
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
So we won't be having the director who screwed up Railgun? Great!
Old 2010-06-12, 12:41   Link #1433
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Director: Hiroshi Nishikiori (same)
Series Composition: Masanao Akahoshi (same)
Music: I've sound, Maiko Iuchi (same, also in Railgun)
Original creator: Kazuma Kamachi (duh :P)
Original Character Design: Kiyotaka Haimura (duh :P)
Character Anime Design: Yuichi Tanaka (same, also in Railgun)
Sound Director: Yasunori Ebina (same)

So that reveals it, pretty much everyone is back.
This is good news. Hype levels rising.
Old 2010-06-12, 13:55   Link #1434
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
So we won't be having the director who screwed up Railgun? Great!
They didn't really screw up Railgun they just didn't have a lot of content to use in the first place, thus it became more of a fanservice series that's meant to serve as an interval to Index seasons. And honestly, I'm okay with that.
Old 2010-06-12, 19:02   Link #1435
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If there's one thing Railgun did better is that they developed their character more than what Index did, this could only be possible if they set aside some episode for original content, but Index is so packed just trying to squeeze in each volume that it doesn't leave alot of creativity for original episodes that develop characters.

In addition, it helps to have abit of original episode especially if you more or less already know what's going to happen in the series
Old 2010-06-12, 21:00   Link #1436
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Well word on the internet is that S2 will cover volumes 7-13 so it doesn't seem like they'll be taking time out for original episodes this time either lol.
Old 2010-06-17, 02:43   Link #1437
LastResolve

omg omg season 2 is confirmed
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ason-green-lit
Old 2010-06-17, 04:52   Link #1438
Gordy Lechance

Railgun was able to have one of the most Hot-Blooded final episodes to an anime in years... with a cast that is 99.95% female. And that is quite an accomplishment!!
Old 2010-06-17, 07:32   Link #1439
tsunade666

Christmas is never been better. Can't wait for fall to come. With lots of my favorite manga going anieme then index s2 mostly likely to hit this fall. It's just pure awesome.
Old 2010-06-17, 11:26   Link #1440
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResolve View Post
Fyi, that's somewhat old news. We've been celebrating the news for since around the 6th. That news in the link alone is dated June 7th.

Linky for you.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=94416

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Christmas is never been better. Can't wait for fall to come. With lots of my favorite manga going anieme then index s2 mostly likely to hit this fall. It's just pure awesome.
And it was already confirmed just under a week ago that Index S2 is scheduled for airing this fall. (I thought you knew? you posted in the thread)

Tags
fantasy, science fiction, shounen