AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-11, 14:13   Link #21
kitten320

Correction, she said helpless and by that she didn't mean weak, just that he has no manners

And in comparison to Mayuri she actually came to greet him

Usually she would ignore him or bark at him. In worst case grab her weapon, but none of that happened so yeh, she was in good mood

P.S. Shinji keeps calling him an idiot all the time, but no one seems to see anything bad in that. Byakuya is not the nicest person either

Though I do admit that Soi Fon makes me face palm sometimes too. I wonder if Hachi ever locked Urahara in barrier or no...
Old 2012-01-11, 14:18   Link #22
james0246

Decent chapter. I don't much like the wrap-up of the arc, but seeing Ichigo confront Soul Society, if only in a minor way, was a nice development. I'm unsure where the story goes from here though...maybe that is why there is a 3 week break? (Here's hoping the next arc will feature Karin in a prominent role...but not as a damsel in distress.)
Old 2012-01-11, 14:43   Link #23
Valky
Radioactive

Ginjo is dead, Riruka is gone. So, what was this arc about again?
Old 2012-01-11, 15:05   Link #24
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Ginjo is dead, Riruka is gone. So, what was this arc about again?
Ichigo killing people and others being driven to suicide(?) because of his actions. Happy stuff.
Old 2012-01-11, 15:20   Link #25
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I'm unsure where the story goes from here though...maybe that is why there is a 3 week break?
My sentiments exactly. Ultimately, I don't really feel like this arc had much purpose to it. Aside from Ichigo getting his powers back, there didn't seem to be much content to go off of that we can clearly assume will prove relevant in the arcs to come. I'm not stating that's definitely the case. All I'm saying is that its not super obvious IMO.

But despite my comments, I couldn't care less since I wasn't a big fan of this arc to begin with. I'd be more than happy if Kubo decides to move on to newer and more interesting things from here.

Seriously, with this much time off, I hope this means he's finally ready to begin an arc which introduces Squad 0 and Isshin's history. And at the risk of getting flamed, lets bring back the trollmaster as well.

Last edited by sayde; 2012-01-11 at 15:35.
Old 2012-01-11, 15:29   Link #26
Xagzan

And so Riruka goes off into the sunset, never to be seen again, completely inconsequential to anyone or anything.

Well, at least she got a farewell scene. Nel says hi.
Old 2012-01-11, 15:29   Link #27
Aqua Knight

Quite lame way to get Ichigo's powers back. I mean he had long Fullbring training only to lose this power instantly and then get Shinigami powers so quickly.
We still don't know if Ichigo's new Shinigami powers are permanent or temporary.

Aside from that introducing new characters and devote half/full chapter before their death/defeat was lame.

Very weak arc even compared to Arrancar one, where at least there was some logic - story progressing to war and Aizen's defeat.
Old 2012-01-11, 15:46   Link #28
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Quite lame way to get Ichigo's powers back. I mean he had long Fullbring training only to lose this power instantly and then get Shinigami powers so quickly.
We still don't know if Ichigo's new Shinigami powers are permanent or temporary.
Its safe to assume it's permanent. Afterall, Urahara did ask Isshin if he was willing to rob his son of his future upon going through with the secret plan to give Ichigo his powers back. So it pretty much implies that the change would be permanent...or at least until the next FGT. -_-

In which case all the shinigami would have to do is simply super charge Ichigo with spiritual energy again. Because apparently that's all it took all along.
Old 2012-01-11, 16:18   Link #29
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Wait, this is it? The fullbringers are forgotten forever (I was hoping Riruka would stay) and we don't even get to find out about Ginjo's past and why he was so buttdamaged SS monitored him? What was even the goddamn point?

It really feels like the unpopularity of this arc in Japan forced Kubo to end it quickly and pretend it never happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
And so Riruka goes off into the sunset, never to be seen again, completely inconsequential to anyone or anything.

Well, at least she got a farewell scene. Nel says hi.
Nel still has a chance to reappear in the story, and I'm sure she will at some point. Riruka, on the other hand, was clearly written off.
Old 2012-01-11, 17:28   Link #30
Johnny
Working the bags...

"Farewell. Because no matter how we say goodbye....I am sure...That you will never....never forget about us."

Wanna bet?
Old 2012-01-11, 19:42   Link #31
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

This arc, for some reason, feels seinen to me.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-01-11, 20:26   Link #32
kitten320

And people say fillers suck... I probably will be the first in line to watch anime fillers when they'll start.
Old 2012-01-11, 21:19   Link #33
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Is portray of suicide allowed in WSJ?
Old 2012-01-11, 21:40   Link #34
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
"Farewell. Because no matter how we say goodbye....I am sure...That you will never....never forget about us."
After all we've been through together, all the happy memories...
Old 2012-01-11, 22:28   Link #35
SamuiFuyu

I have a question that's been on my mind since Ichigo got his powers back. Is he now a full human with Shinigami powers? Or is he just a Shinigami? Because before, he had to leave his living body to be a Shinigami, but now, has anyone seen or heard about a body after gaining the new powers?

Is he stuck like this? Can he simply turn them on and off at will? And if he is a human with power, will the whole Fullbring "Remember, your body is living, so you have limitations..." thing play a role?

Although somehow, I feel Kubo will forget about all of it quickly...
Old 2012-01-12, 01:01   Link #36
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Ultimately, I don't really feel like this arc had much purpose to it. Aside from Ichigo getting his powers back, there didn't seem to be much content to go off of that we can clearly assume will prove relevant in the arcs to come. I'm not stating that's definitely the case. All I'm saying is that its not super obvious IMO.

But despite my comments, I couldn't care less since I wasn't a big fan of this arc to begin with. I'd be more than happy if Kubo decides to move on to newer and more interesting things from here.

Seriously, with this much time off, I hope this means he's finally ready to begin an arc which introduces Squad 0 and Isshin's history. And at the risk of getting flamed, lets bring back the trollmaster as well.
there's a purpose to this chapter alright, but it was just executed badly unfortunately. even ginjo's character could have been written or used in a much better fashion. but now that's over. let's hope the 3 week break would give kubo some time to actually think about what he's going to do next, like maybe start delving into the soul king and isshin's past?

this chapter was just off somehow. i don't know what to think of it. even my joy of seeing the vizards again was short-lived. after all that talk about hating soul society and the shinigami they actually came back and assumed their old posts? wtf?!! okay, so maybe things have changed and maybe they did have good reasons for returning but i was hoping for kubo to at least address some part of it in this chapter instead of kyoraku and ukitake talking about ichigo growing up. it looked like fan service to me showing all those captains in this chapter.
Old 2012-01-12, 03:59   Link #37
Lendial

A well deserved break for both the fans and the author.
Old 2012-01-12, 04:18   Link #38
Alchemist007
*Author

Pretty sure she left. Unless she just JUMPED REALLY HIGH for the splat factor.
Good to see some Vaizard faces back.
Old 2012-01-12, 04:19   Link #39
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuiFuyu View Post
I have a question that's been on my mind since Ichigo got his powers back. Is he now a full human with Shinigami powers? Or is he just a Shinigami? Because before, he had to leave his living body to be a Shinigami, but now, has anyone seen or heard about a body after gaining the new powers?

Is he stuck like this? Can he simply turn them on and off at will? And if he is a human with power, will the whole Fullbring "Remember, your body is living, so you have limitations..." thing play a role?

Although somehow, I feel Kubo will forget about all of it quickly...
Humans can't go into Soul Society, if he used the senkaimon then he must be in spirit form. Thus I deduct that he is back to how he was, human body (powerless because FB was mostly stolen) but full shinigami powers once he leaves it.
Quote:
Is portray of suicide allowed in WSJ?
Seconding Q.
Quote:
A well deserved break for both the fans and the author.
I hope we won't be getting any filler pages the second his new arc begins :P But yeah, a break from Bleach will be good for everyone.
Old 2012-01-12, 04:41   Link #40
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Kisame committed suicide in Naruto (and in a very gruesome manner to boot) so yeah I think it's allowed.
Closed Thread