AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-04-28, 13:45   Link #401
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Anyone have the latest issue of Model Graphix Magazine (モデルグラフィックス)? Apparently there's an article inside with more lore info on this show.
Old 2016-04-28, 14:13   Link #402
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Both April and May editions of Model Graphix have Girls und Panzer information, sad to say, so no, no information for Haifuri.

Heck, the focus for May seems to be Pravda. :>

The extra information you seem to be referring to were kind of Q&A Tweets from Military Adviser Takaaki himself:

Quote:
Original settings from Takaaki Suzuki:

- Airplane was failed to be invented/developed, so no aerodynamic flying objects in this world
- This means no Aircraft carrier too. But there could be warships which have and only have planned would appear?

- Japan was not involved in WW2 because of Methane clathrate mining. Thus WW2 only involves Europe countries.
- No airplanes means no anti-airplane weapons

- Harekaze, Musashi, etc. were old ships being reuse for education purpose and ocean practice
- Line drawn at bridge indicates which school the ship belongs to (Red: Yokosuga, Blue: Kure, Yellow: Maizuru)
- Timeline setting is "Now" but not limited to that
- Electric devices and Sonar system on the ships are basically updated to the modern system being used by latest ships

- No airplanes means that the world still has much waiting to be explored
- Ships in the show are basically replicating the structure of the real things, only the ship's wheel being moved to the bridge (in order for easier drama)
Old 2016-04-28, 14:47   Link #403
Gravitas Free Zone

I'm going to laugh, laugh if I see a blimp being launched from the helicopter deck of the LCS.

Sigh. I can see why the series writers might want to exclude aircraft so that the story isn't over after three hours and a Kawasaki P-1 flight, but it can be explained in a less attracting-of-nitpicking manner than saying that heavier-than-air aircraft were never developed.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-28, 14:54   Link #404
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I think that people should be MORE worried about another tweet by someone connected with the production itself, rather than getting angry at how airpower was just taken out of the picture by authorial fiat (because the sheer butterfly effect this would cause is already driving some people up the wall).

We're talking Girls und Panzer 5.5 all over again.
Old 2016-04-28, 15:01   Link #405
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
(because the shee[r] butterfly effect this would cause is already driving some people up the wall).
My reply was originally two paragraphs longer and started with the idea behind Rensouhou-chan, then I backed off.

Quote:
We're talking Girls und Panzer 5.5 all over again.
In the sense of distracting from impending production delays, or "who is the official voice here?"
Old 2016-04-28, 15:21   Link #406
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
I think that people should be MORE worried about another tweet by someone connected with the production itself, rather than getting angry at how airpower was just taken out of the picture by authorial fiat (because the sheer butterfly effect this would cause is already driving some people up the wall).
I'll decide what I will worry about for myself, thank you

So far, the lack of HTA flight in Hai-Furi has not directly impeded the anime's progress thus far, so whatever reasons there might be, as long as it's not setting up for unrealistic plot progression later, are justifiable. With that being said, the tweets demonstrate an awful understanding of history and science. That, I will not go into.
Old 2016-04-28, 17:58   Link #407
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Both April and May editions of Model Graphix have Girls und Panzer information, sad to say, so no, no information for Haifuri.

The extra information you seem to be referring to were kind of Q&A Tweets from Military Adviser Takaaki himself:
IIRC These tweets are just someone random summarizing info published on Model Graphix? The twitter account isn't Suzuki's
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-28, 18:48   Link #408
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Quote:

Then what's with this post in the same thread shortly after?

https://forums.spacebattles.com/posts/21911224/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKeeper
Okay read the source wrong, It was from a guy who has read the latest issue of Model Graphix Magazine (モデルグラフィックス).
Which makes it sorta dubious until someone else can get decent scans of the actual magazine, so we may as well treat it as conjecture for now.
And also,

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103
IIRC These tweets are just someone random summarizing info published on Model Graphix? The twitter account isn't Suzuki's
Thank you for noticing that as well.
Old 2016-04-28, 19:00   Link #409
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Kudos to Vallen Chaos Valiant, who called these recent developments almost two weeks ago.

I get the complaints against aircraft exclusion, but I honestly like the idea of having an alternate history show that diverges heavily from reality. For example, I'd find it fun to have a show set in 2016 of an alternate history, where futuristic laser-guns have been invented and are commonplace, but guns propelling bullets (or some other piece of metal) never were invented.

I also see possible value in simplifying the ship battles and not having to worry about the inclusion of aircraft in them. As long as Hai-Furi doesn't get overly simple in other ways, I'm fine with the aircraft exclusion.
Old 2016-04-28, 21:21   Link #410
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

PV for episode 4.

As usual, nothing of note revealed during the PV, just SOL.

Oh, and apparently the issue is that Episode 5's run into some scheduling snafus with a channel, which means it might not make it for... The Golden Week broadcast? Ouch. Episode 4 however will be unaffected.
Old 2016-04-28, 21:32   Link #411
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
PV for episode 4.

As usual, nothing of note revealed during the PV, just SOL.

Oh, and apparently the issue is that Episode 5's run into some scheduling snafus with a channel, which means it might not make it for... The Golden Week broadcast? Ouch. Episode 4 however will be unaffected.
Golden week is a vacation period, so its understandable. Unless you don't take vacations yourself, that is
Old 2016-04-28, 21:35   Link #412
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
Unless you don't take vacations yourself, that is
Vacations? What are those?

It's hard now NOT to imagine Production IMS doing their own rendition of Shirobako's "BANSAKU NAKITAAAA!" scene. XD
Old 2016-04-28, 21:42   Link #413
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Vacations? What are those?

It's hard now NOT to imagine Production IMS doing their own rendition of Shirobako's "BANSAKU NAKITAAAA!" scene. XD
In all seriousness, one week's wait won't be too bad. For now, I just want to see what episode four entails. Then after that's done, the wait will either be agonising or manageable.
Old 2016-04-29, 06:31   Link #414
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
In all seriousness, one week's wait won't be too bad. For now, I just want to see what episode four entails. Then after that's done, the wait will either be agonising or manageable.
But it would mean that we need to wait for months before we can see its ending like garupan...
Old 2016-04-29, 06:39   Link #415
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
They failed to develop airplanes but somehow get those rockets to launch into space the satellites you need for those handy phones and tablets and all the geolocalization devices?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-29, 06:45   Link #416
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
They failed to develop airplanes but somehow get those rockets to launch into space the satellites you need for those handy phones and tablets and all the geolocalization devices?
I'm OK with that: those are actually two fairly different technologies; different enough that I can suspend my disbelief for the show. I'm not certain how one and not the other would exist in reality, but OK.

Last edited by Top Sergeant; 2016-04-29 at 06:47. Reason: expansion
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-29, 07:05   Link #417
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
But it would mean that we need to wait for months before we can see its ending like garupan...
Delayed during Golden Week might not mean Girls und Panzer über delay, I hope
Old 2016-04-29, 13:51   Link #418
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
#If I Read Correctly, they do have rockets and such
#On the other hand, Check out Project Loon
Old 2016-04-29, 14:16   Link #419
Gravitas Free Zone

The problem with trying to do rocketry without airplanes is that you really need to know about aerodynamics to do rocketry, since going into space requires not only going really high up, but also a lot of going really, really fast. It would take some amazing feats of collective intellectual blindness to build a rocket but totally ignore the idea of flying. It could be said that the two concepts existed in parallel through the late 1800s, but history has also demonstrated that it is far easier to build an airplane than a space vehicle.
Old 2016-04-29, 17:26   Link #420
Top Sergeant

Rocket technology existed for at least 100+ years prior to the first powered airplane flight. If rocketry had been pursued with more vigor then *maybe* we would get the Haifuri universe. If you had rockets able to deliver mail and passengers across the continent then why would you need the Wright Brothers?

Tags
school life, sea battles, ship girls