Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-03-04, 20:18   Link #121
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Please. Look at with what the story ends, and then tell me that this is a drama without romance.

Anyway, I don't really care about the label. To me, neither Kousei's reaction nor Kaori's reasoning makes much sense. But whoever is able to see the logic and the beauty in it: More power to you.
I didn't say it had no romance, just that it wasn't 'a romance show'.

All that really means is that anyone who was looking for a romance is likely to be disappointed. The same as all the viewers who thought that it would be about domestic abuse.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 21:37   Link #122
havensgate
skull one

romance are just the means, tools. The important part are life, kosei life and kaori's.
maybe "slice of life" would be more fit.
its a sad story, but beautiful nonetheless
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 21:45   Link #123
kazzuya

At last the final chapter has been translated. I nice sad and at the same time fulfilling end.
kazzuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 21:51   Link #124
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Wow, that was intense and sad, im really eager to see that animated. Finally, its over. It was a good ride the last moths, now the wait for another serie of this author.
Old 2015-03-10, 00:29   Link #125
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I'm surprised that ending was a lot better than I expected. It was melancholic, but more surprisingly to the happy side for me... That was a fantastic series.

It really had a lot of great insight into ... the fleeting life of a musician...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 02:23   Link #126
hai_san

Damn it so sad... even when i know the ending already from spoilers/raws, it still hits me pretty hard... for me there was no upbeat about it just truly sadly sorrowful. What with mangas nowadays seems the korea drama waves even reach there... they just have to make me feel miserable... i dont know if i have the courage to watch the anime anymore...

The last pic with small Kaori&Arima makes me cry...
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 09:16   Link #127
dmaxzero

This was like seeing a train coming, knowing you are in its way, it will ram you and crush you. You know it, yet you are waiting for it. And you loved every second of it.

Good series, well crafted and genuine. I am happy to have read this.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-13, 06:28   Link #128
for3ver
The Lost Child

the tears wont stop... an adaption simply just hits the feels too much... certainly it has reached me...
Old 2015-03-15, 19:05   Link #129
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I liked the beginning of the show, began harboring doubts in the middle, and the ending only leaves me with a shrug, sorry.

Spoiler for Just in case:

So, in the end, we have one more romance shows which started out well, began to lose its way in the middle when it couldn't decide where to go, and then dumped the pre-telegraphed dramatic ending in a way that neither emotionally touched me nor logically appealed to me.

I wonder why so many romance dramas peter out at the end.
actually

Spoiler for anti spoilers:

I agree with Karice67,it isn't really a pure romance series but more of a slice of life/drama with hints of romance and comedy,(at least the author didn't push a harem drama rom/com or shojo love square

From the title alone and before the middle of the story you should have already seen hints where the series was heading.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-05, 06:07   Link #130
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I think it's insulting to both the girl and the person in question to have to need to enter a relationship to cope with loss.
The author should have thought of that before writing a whole manga about a boy getting over the loss of his mother through a relationship with a girl.

I don't think Shigatsu was a completely illogical series and I really enjoyed the anime but I do see (and largely agree with) where the critics are coming from. It's a melodrama about an ill girl. There was a big boom in that kind of show in Asia a few years ago (e.g. Sekai no Chuushin de Ai wo Sakebu) and they're all like this so I can't say I was surprised.

(sorry to necro, I just watched this recently.)
Old 2017-02-18, 18:25   Link #131
n0m@n
C-Z

Man. I had so much time yesterday that I reread all 11 volume (+1 short story compilation volume ) in one go.

I cried again at the ending. What freaked me out was that it was 18th February yesterday(still 18th in many countries I guess). The date of the final concert and Kaori's passing... coincidence sure is scary at times. Wonder if that made an adult like myself cry while sneezing yesterday....

Kaori sure was an amazing girl... Both of them had feelings for each other but Kosei only finds out after her death. damn. I must rewatch the anime now.

Tags
music, romance