AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-03-10, 10:37   Link #3661
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
The first Kenjuu was already shown, heck but the scene with Kanase is different from the LN. They also made the strongest Kenjuu look meh..... ugly. Diving Goat looks bad.

Another OVA series is better than nothing, plus the novel is licensed so I can just read it there. It's better that way.
__________________
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-14, 04:10   Link #3662
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
I'm guessing the third season anime will mainly cover Vol 13-15. But some parts of Vol 17 will be included in the season as part of Vol 13-15's story, like how the part where Kojou obtained the 1st Kenjuu in Vol 10 was made as part of Vol 11's story in the second season anime.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-14, 09:57   Link #3663
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
I'm guessing the third season anime will mainly cover Vol 13-15. But some parts of Vol 17 will be included in the season as part of Vol 13-15's story, like how the part where Kojou obtained the 1st Kenjuu in Vol 10 was made as part of Vol 11's story in the second season anime.
The second season was rather compressed and questionably paced. I'd like to think that they have the budget now for a full twelve episodes to tell the story in a more evenly-paced manner.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-14, 11:44   Link #3664
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
The second season was rather compressed and questionably paced. I'd like to think that they have the budget now for a full twelve episodes to tell the story in a more evenly-paced manner.
Vol 13 to 15 together is like one huge arc so I would say they can cover it in 3+3+4 episodes instead. I want to see Vol 7-8 adapted but it's unlikely. We have to wait for the first episodes's title to know which volume the third season will start from.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-14, 12:07   Link #3665
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Vol 13 to 15 together is like one huge arc so I would say they can cover it in 3+3+4 episodes instead. I want to see Vol 7-8 adapted but it's unlikely. We have to wait for the first episodes's title to know which volume the third season will start from.
10 episodes instead of the previous season's 8? That might work.

Volumes 7 and 8 are supposed to be Kojou's origin story, so assuming the series continues to sell well, could we get a Kizumonogatari setup with one or two prequel movies telling how Kojou became the Fourth Progenitor?

Still, the best thing about this OVA season announcement is that they waited until Risa Taneda and Hosoya Yoshimasa were both recovered enough to work on StB again. I missed Risa Taneda's voice work as Erina Nakiri in Shokugeki no Soma's third season and as Mashu Kyrielight in Fate/Grand Order.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-14, 12:12   Link #3666
Estzero1
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Imagine how stupid it would be not to cover some origins, especially since the tease right at the beginning of the anime.
This movie theory sounds good to me. That definitely could work.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic242962_2.gif

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-14, 21:23   Link #3667
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
Imagine how stupid it would be not to cover some origins, especially since the tease right at the beginning of the anime.
This movie theory sounds good to me. That definitely could work.
Sure, an origin movie or two for Kojou could work IF it could bring in enough cash. It's certainly not going to bring in Kizumonogatari levels of ticket and disc sales (and it would be foolish for an animation or LN publishing studio exec to expect it to), but frankly most of the Monogatari series is built on introspective wordplay, mystery solving, and such, so not much happens outside of the immediate sphere of the protagonist, "waifu" characters, and villains. The minor characters even, on the rare occasions they are even seen in the Monogatari series, often end up just as cardboard cutouts! StB at least shows what happens when the main characters' actions affect the world at large.

We do know that just like in Kizumonogatari, the main protagonist in StB gained his powers from a blonde vampiress.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-15, 02:39   Link #3668
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Can't believe I didn't notice this before but Yukina had become a high school girl starting from Vol 17. You can tell from the slight change in her uniform.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-15, 07:57   Link #3669
zztop
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Just to keep track of the LNs and which volumes the anime/OVAs covered:

TV series - Vol 1-6
Kingdom of Valkyria OVA, 2 eps - original story
STBII OVA, 8 eps - Vol 9 (eps 1-3), Vol 11 (eps 4-5), Vol 12 (eps 6-8).

Unadapted stuff so far - Vol 7-8 (Kojou's origin story), Vol 10, Vol 13-18 (18 is latest).
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-15, 20:20   Link #3670
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Here's how Kojou got the remaining kenjuus after LN Vol 12.

The 10th kenjuu was not in Kojou's body at first but it was later given to him in Vol 13. Kojou used it after sucking blood from Yukina and Yuiri.

The 6th kenjuu was not in Kojou's body at first. In Vol 15, it was entrusted to Yukina and then transferred to Kojou after he sucked her blood.

The 8th Kenjuu was the last one remaining in Kojou's body. He was able to use it after sucking Asagi's blood.

The 12th Kenjuu is the only one Kojou hasn't obtained since the resurrected Avrora still has it.

I think sucking Avrora's blood is how Kojou will obtain the 12th kenjuu. Looking forward to see the scene of Kojou sucking Asagi's blood in the anime third season.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-15, 20:24   Link #3671
Estzero1
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Looking forward to see the scene of Kojou sucking Asagi's blood in the anime third season.
Who doesn't .
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic242962_2.gif

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-16, 07:28   Link #3672
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Asagi's blood getting sucked would probably animate, they skipped the origin part where the chaos bride shows up and goes straight to the other volumes where new kenjuu was being shown.
__________________
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-16, 07:46   Link #3673
Sacredus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Looking forward to see the scene of Kojou sucking Asagi's blood in the anime third season.
Plot twist, they will change scenario so Kojou would suck Yukina's blood.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-16, 08:03   Link #3674
vietthai96
The Saiyan God
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Vietnam
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Plot twist, they will change scenario so Kojou would suck Yukina's blood.
If that i will Kamehameha their studio . Seriously i lost track of this series for a very long time, so i want to ask, did Yuiri in the harem or MC just sucking her for the sake of........... sucking blood of a fresh new characters
__________________
vietthai96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-16, 09:26   Link #3675
Mirable
ミラベル
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Yukina's blood must be very special, Kajou got more than half of kenjuus by only suck her blood.

I always wonder why author bother made Kojou suck other girl's blood? it doesn't require Kojou to suck different girl's blood to unlock his kenjuus, i mean what's the point?

If Yukina can unlock most of Kojou's Kenjuu then author should just makes Kojou suck only her blood, it would save author a lot of time.
__________________
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-16, 09:44   Link #3676
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirable View Post
Yukina's blood must be very special, Kajou got more than half of kenjuus by only suck her blood.

I always wonder why author bother made Kojou suck other girl's blood? it doesn't require Kojou to suck different girl's blood to unlock his kenjuus, i mean what's the point?

If Yukina can unlock most of Kojou's Kenjuu then author should just makes Kojou suck only her blood, it would save author a lot of time.
The Kenjuu has to wake up within Kojou first, and Yukina simply wasn't around for some of those situations.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-16, 10:25   Link #3677
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Just how important are Grenda, Yuiri and Yuuma as of now since the author made them as some of the girls that got their blood sucked by Kojou? I would have preferred Natsuki and Kiriha instead. Although Kojou might suck their blood in the future for sonething else other than unlocking Kenjuu's power.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-16, 10:46   Link #3678
Estzero1
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
I would have preferred Natsuki and Kiriha instead. Although Kojou might suck their blood in the future for sonething else other than unlocking Kenjuu's power.
Mhm, I don't care that much Natsuki ( regarding the bloodsucking) but Kiriha on the other hand is kinda sad. There is nothing left for her. Why introduce the character in the first place when there is nothing in mind for her.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic242962_2.gif

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-17, 09:57   Link #3679
vietthai96
The Saiyan God
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Vietnam
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
Mhm, I don't care that much Natsuki ( regarding the bloodsucking) but Kiriha on the other hand is kinda sad. There is nothing left for her. Why introduce the character in the first place when there is nothing in mind for her.
Just well, adding new girl for the sake of uhm.................. introduce a fresh, new girl
So Cain still not out yet, it is all hype up about the 4th primogenitor vs the evil god
__________________
vietthai96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-19, 11:21   Link #3680
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirable View Post
Yukina's blood must be very special, Kajou got more than half of kenjuus by only suck her blood.

I always wonder why author bother made Kojou suck other girl's blood? it doesn't require Kojou to suck different girl's blood to unlock his kenjuus, i mean what's the point?

If Yukina can unlock most of Kojou's Kenjuu then author should just makes Kojou suck only her blood, it would save author a lot of time.
I think once again the Yukina-obsessed editor is to blame for making her the character Kojou most often sinks his teeth into. That editor might be the same person who is mentioned to have said that the 3rd season will cover up to Volume 17 of the light novel. Now if only he or his superiors would get it into their heads that making StB merchandise for more characters than Yukina would result in more sales, then we might not have to deal with the overfocus on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
Mhm, I don't care that much Natsuki ( regarding the bloodsucking) but Kiriha on the other hand is kinda sad. There is nothing left for her. Why introduce the character in the first place when there is nothing in mind for her.
Kiriha is unique among the female StB characters with her aesthetic and attitude, but if what you say is true then I guess she was only introduced to be a minor antagonist and eye candy. Too bad she doesn't contribute to Kojou's familiars.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dengeki bunko, harem, strike the blood, vampires

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.