AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-10-09, 21:53   Link #1
omega253

The Gamer (Manhwa)

I'm kind of surprised nobody made a thread for this sooner...

Author: Sung San-Young
Illustrator: Sang-Ah

Quote:
Summary:
Han Jee-Han, a normal high school student, suddenly develops a special power where his entire world is shifted into a game-like setting. He can see the power levels of people, look at the stats of a seemingly normal item, get abilities, and even level up! Follow Han Jee-Han as he discovers how to use this power, and maybe even where it came from.
Like the summary says, the MC has a power that's basically like an RPG character. Stats, items, skills, the whole shebang and possibly more to come.

The game system is kind of unique from others, if that helps.

Personal Opinion: The MC is actually kind of smart while learning from his mistakes (example: pouring all his points into Strength upon his first level up, but then realizes something along the lines of 'What use is Strength in a modern society!?'). He's actually provoked into serious speculation about the people around him upon seeing their levels (his mom's level is ??? and his best friend's level is actually 25) in a Genre Savvy kind of way.

Although there are only 5 chapters, I say you try this and see what I mean.

Let the discussion begin.

Last edited by omega253; 2013-12-27 at 04:58.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 03:24   Link #2
Kyosuke_Nanbu

I found it is strange that the bat did not show any message about durability.BTW, can a real bat hit the tree like that and be fine?
Kyosuke_Nanbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 03:45   Link #3
Amario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke_Nanbu View Post
I found it is strange that the bat did not show any message about durability.BTW, can a real bat hit the tree like that and be fine?
Pretty sure as he was hitting a tree the MP (mana point) was being used as he hit it if not that bat would not be in its current condition.
A real bat will not come out unscathed after the amounts he hit with it.
Amario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 07:24   Link #4
Breimoon

what i wonder, is he the only one to see titles and stats? His title is the gamer and that should have been an hit to the two fighting but they didn't seem to care which makes me think that they have hero's party/maou's army titles and only the MC being the gamer can see the stats.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 08:00   Link #5
Amario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
what i wonder, is he the only one to see titles and stats? His title is the gamer and that should have been an hit to the two fighting but they didn't seem to care which makes me think that they have hero's party/maou's army titles and only the MC being the gamer can see the stats.
Think it would depend on the title they have, since he is "The Gamer" ideally it follows the same setup as one in a character build in a game. As for others such as the two who were battling as he got captured and fought the slime am sure they did not notice his traits. It should be just him.
Old 2013-10-18, 23:24   Link #6
omega253

Chapter 6 is up.

MC is thinking about how to increase his stats.

Then zombies attack...somehow. They actually just came out of nowhere.

The MC is beating them one after another with his bat, but after climbing up onto a wall to get a better view, there's a whole hoard of zombies running around.

The last pages of the chapter end up with MC finding a glowing red orb in midair.

Speculation: The orb could be the item that's spawning the zombies. Kind of obvious in hindsight, but we'll just have to wait until the next chapter.
Old 2013-10-19, 03:34   Link #7
Breimoon

MC with another zombie kill should do another lvl up and then have 2 lvl up stats to use since he has yet to use the earlier one.Will probably put one or two points in intellect and rest in stamina and destr.
Old 2013-10-19, 09:36   Link #8
Amario

Got really interesting especially his abilities and its a gone a little fast paced with the sudden attack on him plus one day of training led him to being a bit more capable than before.
That side ability he has which gives a description about object/creatures etc is really helpful.
Old 2013-10-19, 11:07   Link #9
dragon1412

Spoiler for 7:
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 11:29   Link #10
Amario

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Spoiler for 7:
Oh! not bad at all. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.
Old 2013-10-19, 12:09   Link #11
Breimoon

i checked it again and 1) he did 2 lvl ups and got 10 points, so that is 5 points for lvl up. With another kill he will get a total of 15 points (so i was wrong when i said one lvl only)
2) Mangaka did an error. In the start he has 8 int. When studyng it should have gone up of 1 so 9 but later it is still 8. Is that translation error or mangaka error??
Old 2013-10-19, 14:12   Link #12
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Just read this today. It was actually much better than I expected it to be. With a title like "The Gamer", I thought it'd be more like SAO or something, so I was uninterested in it, but I gave it another shot after reading this thread, and was pretty impressed by the concept of the MC's character ability =03. The fact of how he has to logically analyze the situation certainly made even battling a slime enjoyable. Will be looking forward to more. Thanks TC =03.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
i checked it again and 1) he did 2 lvl ups and got 10 points, so that is 5 points for lvl up. With another kill he will get a total of 15 points (so i was wrong when i said one lvl only)
2) Mangaka did an error. In the start he has 8 int. When studyng it should have gone up of 1 so 9 but later it is still 8. Is that translation error or mangaka error??
It's a manwhaka error it seems.

Last edited by frubam; 2013-10-27 at 11:20.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 14:20   Link #13
Breimoon

lol, maybe someone should tell him . I feel sorry for mc who worked so hard to get the int up xD
Old 2013-10-26, 17:01   Link #14
Breimoon

new ch is up, by the way, why is every the and gamer word in red ???
Old 2013-10-27, 11:36   Link #15
omega253

Damn, BAP Scans works fast....

Chapter 8 is up.

MC's friend begins his explanation on Ability Users, Illusion Barriers (like the zombie one that the MC got caught in), and even the reason why he apparently went up three levels.

MC gets three new skills because of his help, too!

One to escape any situation (kind of like Flee or Escape Rope from Pokemon, actually)

Mana Bolt (one of those basic magic abilities)

A final skill to create an illusion barrier (he might be able to make one that's around his level for training!)
Old 2013-10-27, 19:08   Link #16
blade82

so as a rpg chara he can gain almost all skills if he is training a bit
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 19:29   Link #17
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
so as a rpg chara he can gain almost all skills if he is training a bit
That might be the case, but we still know too little at this point.
Old 2013-10-28, 06:56   Link #18
Breimoon

it will probably be something like onion knight, where he is a mix of all classes but master of noone, or he is still at starting point so he can choose what class he wants to be.Now he just has to fing some glitch/cheat and go overpower xD
Old 2013-11-02, 22:26   Link #19
omega253

Chapter 9's out.

We get treated to some talk between Black Summoner and Chunbumoon Heir (MC's friend).

Also, we suddenly meet the hot cousin of said Chunbumoon Heir who is suspicious of how the MC knew about their martial arts.

Things are stirring up!

Last edited by omega253; 2013-11-03 at 19:33.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 06:21   Link #20
Breimoon

wonder if he will be trained by them.

Tags
action, rpg-like character