AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2015-04-17, 19:51   Link #41
kitten320

Aaaannnddd... I'm back. Wow, it sure was a while since I updated here! Well I have watched several titles so here we go =)

Read Or Die OVA - Can't say I was impressed. It seemed kind of slow and action wasn't really that exciting neither did I like any of the characters. Though I liked slight drama towards the end. I rate it 6/10.

Tari Tari - It wasn't as engaging as Hansaku Iroha and some of the drama felt slightly forced. However, it still was a pleasant watch with some nice music and characters. I do like this sort of shows after all, slice of life with an actual story and some drama in-between. Are there any more shows like this? After seeing Glasslip horrible rating and reviews, can't say I'm very interested.

It is 7/10 from me.

Redline - It was a while since I watched it but style was nice even though I was not as impressed with animation as most, there were quiet a few still frames from what I remember. But as action it worked so 8/10.

Lovely Complex - romance aren't exactly my thing unless they are unique and this one was. It did take time to get used to animation and most voice acting was just bad, especially Seiko. Still find her voice weird. There also were tons of clichés but all of them were solved very fast without going overboard and it is rare to meet a romance male lead that is not tall, cool and handsome. Risa differs as well, not tiny. Most of the jokes were quiet fun, Nobuko deserves an award for best supporting role. Those two totally deserved most of the smacking she gave them. Over all it was fun so 8/10

Kill La Kill - surprise surprise, I actually enjoyed it. Yes, animation is weird and goes over the top like TTGL but the thing is, Kill la Kill established itself as an exaggeration series from a get go. The moment Gamagori entered the room, you knew what to expect and series followed the rules it established. 1 star uniforms are this strong, 2 star are stronger and 3 star are even better. With some research, they got improved and so on. Series created the rules and followed them, TTGL never had any rules to begin with. Robot just got bigger whenever they felt like it so yeh...

Mako is a weird one, she and her family were pretty flat as characters but did eventually start to develop some sort of purpose and personality even if it was small. Besides Mako was considered as an odd ball even by characters. Actually lots of things that you find weird, were made fun of in the actual show like stripping, Mako's antics, that weird nudist beach robots and etc. So things like this did not bother me here since they all were part of the set up from a get go.

Though there is way too much fan service, at least it was for both genders. While a lot of people prefer first half, I liked second one more when series started to have some sort of plot even if it was not complicated one. Ending was slightly underwhelming.

It's not really something that I would re-watch, but for a one time watch it was good enough with some really cool soundtracks so it's 8/10. I'm glad that I gave it a go.

Hikaru no Go - ah, I might have to spoiler tag this one. But over all series are strong and engaging, first 10 or so episodes had me on the edge, I really like this sort of atmosphere. However,...
Spoiler for spoilers ahead:

But over all series were really enjoyable with lots of memorable moments, wish there was more of an actual conclusion but otherwise it was good. Wouldn't minds to watch something similar, 8/10 it is.

Next am thinking of watching:
Eden of the East
Last Exile
Ookiku Furikabutte

If there are any other titles you want to point out form my list, go ahead =)
Old 2015-04-18, 14:22   Link #42
Draco Spirit

Just watched Eden of the East today funny enough. Its a very interesting show that makes you think, but I think the series itself doesn't fully answer all the questions its raises.. then again I've yet to watch the movies!
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-01, 19:13   Link #43
kitten320

Heya! I haven't been here for a long time, not much time for anime in last year and few other shows I wanted to check out in between but I am still trying to go through your recommendations^^

Just now finished Slam Dunk and felt like giving my opinion on it.

Spoiler for Slam Dunk Review:

So yeh... any other anime in my already given list on first page that you would like to boost in priority? Especially among sport series that would take into consideration the issues I had with Slam Dunk?
Old 2018-12-02, 06:06   Link #44
0cean
Transfer Adventurer

Lots of awesome titles in that list,... though, not sure why you think Noir is a mystery anime. It's action.

Taking the cold season into account, you should probably watch Bakeneko+Mononoke. It's a collection of short stories/ghost stories that are perfect for a dark evening. And if you feel like it ended too soon, you can just go on watching Mushishi, which is rather similar.
Old 2018-12-02, 09:07   Link #45
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I reread this thread and have a suggestion that is not an anime -- the NHK's live-action adaptation of the Moribito novels. The material in the anime appears in the first four episodes. The remaining eighteen adapt other novels in the series. Do a search for "earthcolors moribito" if you're interested.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-02, 18:59   Link #46
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
So yeh... any other anime in my already given list on first page that you would like to boost in priority? Especially among sport series that would take into consideration the issues I had with Slam Dunk?
There is another basketball named Dear Boys with regular skills. However, the animation might be a bit dated.

The new Captain Tsubasa anime by Davids is taking a faster pacing than its slower predecessors if you are interested in association football.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 18:43   Link #47
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0cean View Post
Lots of awesome titles in that list,... though, not sure why you think Noir is a mystery anime. It's action.

Taking the cold season into account, you should probably watch Bakeneko+Mononoke. It's a collection of short stories/ghost stories that are perfect for a dark evening. And if you feel like it ended too soon, you can just go on watching Mushishi, which is rather similar.
Pretty sure someone named Noir as Mystery on this thread in the past. I'll switch it, thanks^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
There is another basketball named Dear Boys with regular skills. However, the animation might be a bit dated.

The new Captain Tsubasa anime by Davids is taking a faster pacing than its slower predecessors if you are interested in association football.
Cool thanks^^