AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-05, 08:38   Link #221
ipernorris

Can someone explain me why girls in Da Capo and similiar series are always panda to be protected?
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 09:05   Link #222
mdauben

I just watched the fansub of the first episode last night, and I have to say I was impressed. The artwork and animation, particularly of the last scene (you know which one I mean if you have watched it) was just beautiful. The characters and story so far seem quite promising, too. As a fan of the original Da Capo, I am definetly looking forward to more of this D.C.II.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 09:09   Link #223
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

i hope they dont pull off the same incest crap again and may the girls be more mature since the 1st DC girls were so goddamn selfish and i hated every single 1 of them (cept the girl who sings)
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 09:44   Link #224
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Last time i checked, there was no incest in Da Capo.
Old 2007-10-05, 10:10   Link #225
Larcx
Zetsubou

lol
FYI,the pet that Yoshino called "Harimao"
is actually a pun?
in my Languange Harimao means Tiger
Larcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 10:57   Link #226
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmko View Post
Yes "relentlessflame" you are right about the main CG artist for Gift, but CG artist and conceptual artist are different. Gift characters (Some arnt) are of Naru Nanao's work, Mitha as you said, worked on Naru's designed to adapt for the game etc.
Oh interesting. Do you have a reference for that? Not that it's to be trusted, but the Japanese Wikipedia doesn't have her listed anywhere, only Mitha as the main character designer (along with other people for chibi and sub-character designers). If there's a source, perhaps they could be directed to correct the article. I know that Naru Nanao did some guest art for Gift, but I didn't know she worked on the concepts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmko View Post
never heard anything about the movie probably concentrating too much on the old D.C. stuff to notice the new stuff please post some links and stuff. Quite interested because you mentioned.
So far, it was just a mention from tororo in last month's issue of Comptiq, where he said that they intended to work with Starchild on a D.C. II movie, and an original production. I imagine the details will firm up in time.

And in other news (not directed to anyone in particular), I don't think I'll ever understand what would possess someone to watch and post about a show they plainly dislike. I understand even less, though, when people attribute that dislike to "unarguable objective fact", insulting the intelligence and discretion those who do like the show in the process. It displays a remarkable degree of arrogance that isn't exactly endearing or condusive to being taken seriously. So I'm hoping that, unlike the previous show in this series, the discussion in this thread will be a bit more tolerant and open-minded. Probably a bit much to hope for, I know...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 11:45   Link #227
Gaara133
You damn midget!

I am going to give it a chance I think it may turn out good like the others.
Gaara133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 11:52   Link #228
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I still haven't watched it yet, and from what i've been reading. I'll be disappointed like the others >.<

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 13:43   Link #229
Calawain
Gaijin

First series irritated the hell out of me after awhile because Nemu was just ridiculously bitchy and jealous. Add that to the fact that I have a sister so the whole sister love thing crept me out (half-sister/adopted or not, close enough). Add that to the fact that the show seems to recycle the same character profiles and give them different names and appearances. Although I will give them credit for the accepting of a confession in the first episode, that is rarely done in these types of shows. We shall see, giving it a couple more episodes.
Calawain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 14:01   Link #230
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calawain View Post
First series irritated the hell out of me after awhile because Nemu was just ridiculously bitchy and jealous. Add that to the fact that I have a sister so the whole sister love thing crept me out (half-sister/adopted or not, close enough). Add that to the fact that the show seems to recycle the same character profiles and give them different names and appearances. Although I will give them credit for the accepting of a confession in the first episode, that is rarely done in these types of shows. We shall see, giving it a couple more episodes.
If you call incest something even between two brothers not related by blood then Da Capo series isn't for you. The cartoons for kids are ethical safe usually so you could try them, I don't know if you like tough!
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 14:12   Link #231
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Add that to the fact that I have a sister so the whole sister love thing crept me out (half-sister/adopted or not, close enough).
Well, I have two sisters myself, but it didn't creep me out because she didn't in any way seem/act/behave like a sister (at least, not any sisters that I know ). It's more like a super-romancified view of what it would be like to have a girl live with you, most likely written by people who've never had the privilege (? ). I think it's a pretty cute fantasy, but I never saw any connection to real life, personally. I guess that's why it never creeped me out.
Old 2007-10-05, 14:35   Link #232
Fimbulvetr

I have the privilege of having two sisters too, both younger, and all this incest in anime never creeped me out either. Being the brother of a sister doesn't mean living together with a cute female that just waits for you to sex her when she's finally old enough for it, it's about living with this annoyance from day one until the day either of you moves out.. The feelings that develop over time there are very far from romantic. Let me link you to the Westermarck effect for a more scientific view on that.

Last edited by Fimbulvetr; 2007-10-05 at 15:42.
Fimbulvetr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 14:49   Link #233
Calawain
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
If you call incest something even between two brothers not related by blood then Da Capo series isn't for you. The cartoons for kids are ethical safe usually so you could try them, I don't know if you like tough!
I could respond if I understood what you were saying; the show isn't about brothers, and I don't even know what is going on in your second sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimbulvetr View Post
I have the privilege of having two sisters too, both younger, and all this incest in anime never creeped me out either. Being the brother of a sister doesn't mean living together with a cute female that just waits for you to sex her when she's finally old enough for it, it's about living with this annoyance from day one until the day either of you leaves the house.. The feelings that develop over time there are very far from romantic. Let me link you to the Westermarck effect for a more scientific view on that.
The article you linked does make sense. Some people just react differently to these types of situations I suppose. The first Da Capo series just bothered me in some way, even though that type of relationship is accepted more in Japan, it doesn't change how I personally react to it. I can usually tolerate cousin relations since I never had any cousins live anywhere near me I suppose heh.

I dunno, it's in the same vein as "little sister" moe for me. Some people really like that type of stuff but that type of character is never moe for me.

Last edited by Calawain; 2007-10-05 at 14:52. Reason: Grammar
Calawain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 15:10   Link #234
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I dunno, it's in the same vein as "little sister" moe for me. Some people really like that type of stuff but that type of character is never moe for me.
I think that's probably at least part of what it is, really. I guess my main thought is that I don't know what, if anything, it has to do with having sisters in real life. I'm sure there are lots of people without sisters for whom "little sister moe" in anime does nothing, and people with sisters for whom it does despite it having no bearing in real life. But then again, that's just like every other preference in life, I suppose -- some is nature, some is nurture, and some is just pure randomness. The subconscious reasons for it all aren't usually as clear as some make it out to be.
Old 2007-10-05, 15:41   Link #235
sakuravs

Incest is normal in Japanese ADVs (adult visual novels). It is indeed gross in real life, but in the realm of J-bishoujo visual novel, it's completely different, not only it gives players the novelty of breaking the taboo but also increase the love & bonding relationship between you (the "onii-chan") and your adorable & innocent younger sister, while enriching the various storyline aspects dealing with morality and responsibility in the psychology of the protagonist's mind. Unfortunately, when a visual novel is made into anime, lots of details concerning the feeling of the protagonist, have been omitted because the anime viewers watch the story in a third-person view, instead of the protagonist's view like in the ADV.

Again, I don't see why it should be a problem for this anime, giving the fact that the story of DC.II was first intended for a bishoujo h-game!?!
sakuravs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 15:56   Link #236
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

All this talk makes it seem as if there actually was any incest in Da Capo. Neamu and Junichi are not related ... so i don't seem to see the problem. Closest to incest what we can get in DC is Sakura and Junichi who are cousins, but that is perfectly fine in the vast majority of the world as well, so i can't see the issue, let alone one of disturbing levels
Old 2007-10-05, 16:53   Link #237
relentlessflame

*Administrator

The following comment about the first episode is only for people who've already played the D.C. II game or who are thoroughly familiar with its story. DO NOT read (yet) if you are actively following my Yume plot summary (you can read it after reading part 5 of the summary, once it's up).

Spoiler for Yume's attitude in episode 1:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2007-10-06 at 13:13. Reason: Should have said part 5 of the summary
Old 2007-10-05, 17:35   Link #238
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimbulvetr View Post
I have the privilege of having two sisters too, both younger, and all this incest in anime never creeped me out either. Being the brother of a sister doesn't mean living together with a cute female that just waits for you to sex her when she's finally old enough for it, it's about living with this annoyance from day one until the day either of you moves out.. The feelings that develop over time there are very far from romantic. Let me link you to the Westermarck effect for a more scientific view on that.
Heck, I have a younger sister as well (2 years younger in fact) and i dont feel any moe vibes when ever she calls me "onii chan" (said in our mother tongue which so happens to be chinese) - It rather feels like needles being stabbed into my the way she saids it XD
But even so, such relationships do happen but they are rare - maybe the gene for preventing blood siblings from going at each other is faulty

Anyway back on track...The relationship here isnt incest at all...it is just one girl who feels like calling a guy "onii chan" just to get close to him

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 18:37   Link #239
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
lol I can hardly say it's a good reason to consider it the anime of the millennium but it just goes to show how little faith you have in this anime....

I quite enjoyed the first season of Da Capo and was able to stand the second season cause of my Kotori fix... The first ep of the DCII looks interesting and with only 13 ep they have already set the plot in motion.
The fact that it's only 13 eps could be what eventually saves this, since it's pretty much what saved Gift. It means they're going to have to bypass all the crap, and concentrate on telling their story. It also means that it'll be over quick enough that we probably won't get sick of the characters.... even if they are as frustrating as Nemu and Sakura and the dude, whatever the hell his name was.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 18:40   Link #240
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Quote:
by Deathkillz
Anyway back on track...The relationship here isnt incest at all...it is just one girl who feels like calling a guy "onii chan" just to get close to him
I wouldn't mind if it was just one girl who is a childhood friend, or a distance family member.
But in this case, she was his sister from very early on. They grew up together, so even if they are not blood related, it is still creapy to me.
2006-09-13, 02:28
The Searcher became a Legend!111 - (to)Arimfe

Quote from the Legendary!111 Searcher
"My heart is big enough for all the girls that lost"
Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, romance, school life, seinen