AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-08, 15:50   Link #1381
tsunade666

I never said that he gives misfortune to others or I have never read it about him giving others misfortune. For me if you ask me. The "scale of misfortune is different" maybe because before his strike of bad luck is so bad when he is getting into accidents someone got hurt too because you know why I think child bullying that said your had terrible bad luck won't turn into something that the parents of the children themselves is urging their kids to bully him.

For me something happen before that while his having his own bad luck someone got hurt. Well that's for me. And having his own misfit of misfortune while others got caught on it doesn't seem for me that he is giving others some bad luck just that they are indeed bad luck when got caught while he is having a bad luck.

And also the "scale" differs greatly when he comes to academy city which is the his bad luck was only keeps getting hit on himself and if others got a strike of bad luck too then they are just making fun of it. Just like the delta trio. Aogami pierce keeps saying Touma has luck at girls and he has bad luck but they are just making it for fun.

Why? because its academy city. Superstition and occult stuff isn't something which is to be believe in that city.

While like before though this is also just a theory. Maybe because the children keeps on bullying him that when they got into accident or bad luck they blame into him thus making it Touma's fault. But still that didn't change about the whole "luck thing"

The scale of outside world where superstitious belief was being believed at and academy city who is a science city is different from Touma's perspective and others perspective. And just a hunch or theory again that maybe because the people in Touma's past keep on believing and saying his bad luck or a plague that they themselves got caught on it but that's just "karma" right?

All and all are just conjectures and theories which evolve from the Touma's past which wasn't clear and people of his past keep on saying his a walking plague or misfortune. And I still see no reason for the people of his past specially the adults turn into something like that unless "something" did happen. Can we all just blame it because of superstition of those mindless adult? I think not.
Old 2012-08-08, 16:01   Link #1382
Saishy

The point is, anything besides "Kajimou Touma have misfortune" is just a hypothesis.
It can't even be called a theory because there is no observable fact regarding that.

Even the fact that you think something must happen to the fathers to accept him as a plague is just a baseless supposition because there is nothing saying about that.

In a work of fiction don't think that the "why" of something is more important than that something happened, the fact that he was marginalized because he had bad luck does not imply that something else happened, it only means he was marginalized because he had bad luck and nothing else unless we receive more information regarding this fact.

I would say that around 20 books afters and no word about it we can guess that was all there was to the story, but then again it would be a baseless assumption.
Old 2012-08-08, 16:38   Link #1383
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saishy View Post
That is not how imagine breaker works.
Imagine breaker negate all of supernatural powers, magic and even god miracles.
it don't negate 30% or 40% of anything, if he was able to negate the fortune of others they would have no fortune at all.
Wrong, Imagine breaker has limits to how much it can negate at a time, that's HOW IT WORKS

EDIT : if Touma's fortune was reduce to 0, he shouldn't even be a healthy guy you know -_-

Quote:
And everything you guys said is just supposition, his father knows he is unlucky yet knows he don't bring misfortune into others.
Everyone from his class likes to hang around him because they believe he attracts their bad luck, while this is just a superstition it would be unable to get that mindset if he gave misfortune to others. I mean, how could you think that someone would give you good luck if you only had bad luck while near him?
That's why they supposed something "changed" before he got to AC and after, did you already forget that?!

Last edited by desrtsku; 2012-08-08 at 17:03.
Old 2012-08-08, 17:22   Link #1384
Saishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Wrong, Imagine breaker has limits to how much it can negate at a time, that's HOW IT WORKS

EDIT : if Touma's fortune was reduce to 0, he shouldn't even be a healthy guy you know -_-
Wrong, Lucky is supposedly a god's miracle, not having lucky means you are unlucky.
Being healthy is not lucky, is normal.
Being unlucky don't mean bad things will happen of nowhere, it means that he don't have lucky.
When he play jankenpo he loses, when he uses a vending machine it was the one that was broken, when he goes to a store without checking the time it will be closed.

Whenever something is left to random, he will not get the lucky one.

Quote:
That's why they supposed something "changed" before he got to AC and after, did you already forget that?!
That goes beyond the point, again It was never stated anywhere that his misfortune goes to others.
This is not open to discussion, it is a fact.
Old 2012-08-08, 17:37   Link #1385
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

^And it was never stated that it didn't.

But well, at this point, this topic should probably head into the speculation thread...
Old 2012-08-08, 17:38   Link #1386
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Wrong, Lucky is supposedly a god's miracle, not having lucky means you are unlucky.
Being healthy is not lucky, is normal.
Being unlucky don't mean bad things will happen of nowhere, it means that he don't have lucky.
When he play jankenpo he loses, when he uses a vending machine it was the one that was broken, when he goes to a store without checking the time it will be closed.

Whenever something is left to random, he will not get the lucky one.
You know "flood" is also a miracle of God, but I don't worry I know what you meant by that, but instead of miracle of God you should use something like "effects" or "concept".
Hoho, are you sure about that, anyway? (Meh, I'm not the one to say 'cause I'm basing my theory on Bimbougami ga ).
But no, with everything that has a concept of "quantity" behind it regardless of what is, IB has limits ... and luck an be expressed with quantity, even if it's a conception, and luck/fortune can be gauged by how impressive things are going for you (Japanese even have a kind of "luck meter" mind you -_-).
Quote:
That goes beyond the point, again It was never stated anywhere that his misfortune goes to others.
This is not open to discussion, it is a fact.
I repeat it again, I never stated either it IS be the case I'm just saying it's POSSIBLE because Touya said XXXX and According to Terra XXXX ... I never said it must be the truth, you know most people here are aware it's just supposition and we live up with that waiting for a response from the author and saying "ah you see, it's really it" or "too bad we were wrong".
Old 2012-08-08, 17:56   Link #1387
Saishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix91 View Post
^And it was never stated that it didn't.
His father did state, I already quoted it.
Old 2012-08-08, 17:59   Link #1388
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
His father did state, I already quoted it.
And we already stated, his father might be wrong
Old 2012-08-08, 18:09   Link #1389
Saishy

Quote:
And we already stated, his father might be wrong
srly ¬¬
Old 2012-08-08, 19:37   Link #1390
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i gotta agree with saishy, i think the problem at first was no one knew the cause of his bad luck, something that changed when he entered AC, and knowing the source of the problem he could just avoid touching people with his right hand to not dispell their good luck.
Old 2012-08-08, 20:58   Link #1391
tsunade666

I think this should be move onto Touma's character discussion thread. This is off topic of q and a thread.
Old 2012-08-10, 01:40   Link #1392
Ashaman

Quote:
*cough*

Quote:
Do you know, Touma? Ever since birth, you were truly an 'unfortunate' person. That was why everyone called you that. Do you know, Touma? That wasn't just a childish prank among the kids."
Touya gritted his teeth and says,
"Even the adults call you that. No reason, no justification. It's just because you were an 'unlucky' person that people called you that." Kamijou couldn't help but hold his breath.
It's impossible to see the expression on Touya's face.
No delight, no happiness, nothing can be seen at all.
"The people who were with you would also be 'unlucky' as well. The kids who believed in those superstitions would throw rocks on seeing you. The adults won't stop them. They wouldn't pity you when they saw you hurt, but mock you. It's as if they were prompting the kids: why don't you injure him more?"
Touya continued on with the blank expression. Kamijou couldn't tell what he was feeling.
Maybe Touya was deliberately trying not to show any expression. Behind his mask is a insuppressible agitation that couldn't be held back. This emotion definitely can't be shown in front of his own son. Maybe one can tell his determination here.
"Get away from Touma and you can get away from 'misfortune'. The kids who believed those rumors left you alone. Even the adults believed it. Do you still remember, Touma? There was even once when you were hunted by a debt-riddled man and hacked with a huge knife. The people at the media heard the news and even wanted to record some supernatural show about you. They even released photos of you and depicted you as a monster."
The world that's dyed orange now looked like a blazing inferno of Hell.
The man standing in the middle of the flames chose to keep this icy feeling that doesn't have any feelings in it.
"I sent you to Academy City because of this reason. It's because I was afraid. But I wasn't afraid of some 'fortune' or 'misfortune', I was worried that those people who believe that you bring 'misfortune' will attack you without you suspecting it."
Touya starts to cry painfully without any expression,
"I was scared. I was scared that those superstitious people would really kill you one day. That was why I sent you into a world without superstitions."
Thus, Touya himself cut the bond between family members.
As long as he could protect his own son, it's alright even if they can't live together.
"But even in that advanced world of science, you were still treated as 'an unlucky person'. From the mail you sent over, I could tell that. The only thing worth drawing comfort from is that at least the people didn't act violently against you."
I'm just wondering if you guys read what he quoted.

I'm wondering if he read what he quoted.
Old 2012-08-10, 03:53   Link #1393
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ ok, please let's go to the speculation thread or mods are really going to kill us *afraid*
Old 2012-08-10, 04:16   Link #1394
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

after the answers of my last question i have also been wondering, in the novels we find more details than in the anime about touma's imouto character otohime?
Old 2012-08-10, 08:21   Link #1395
Saishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
after the answers of my last question i have also been wondering, in the novels we find more details than in the anime about touma's imouto character otohime?
I'm watching and reading everything again, in the anime there is really not much about her character.

In the light novel I'm at the deep blood again, but I don't remember anything important said about her at all.

--------------------------------------------------

Also moved the discussion about Imagine Breaker bad luck to the light novel thread.
Old 2012-08-10, 08:52   Link #1396
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
There is more stuff about her on the novel, but only within the angel fall arc, I don't recall her being mentioned ever again.
Old 2012-08-16, 05:32   Link #1397
Kyouka
Is Here

little question here
with the movie coming out in 2013 the chances of S3 for index coming out the same year??
Old 2012-08-16, 05:34   Link #1398
Sumeragi
Banned

I would think Railgun S2 would come out in 2013.....

*Prepares bunker for the fan wars*
Old 2012-08-16, 05:48   Link #1399
Kyouka
Is Here

More con's then Pro's in Railgun imo i would rather see index s3 instead but thats just meh
Old 2012-08-16, 05:50   Link #1400
zaeraal

By that time both will have enough material for next season (Index already has plenty)
So which one will be aired is discutable. (but Index has a movie, so Railgun has bigger chance)

And I still don't understand why nothing is being aired this year..
I know there is this railgun PSP game DLC (21.8.) but that's practically nothing compared to anime.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a