AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-12-09, 15:53   Link #141
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Safe to asssume you’ll be skipping on getting all third party members of the crew to make it a pure Nintendo roster for your game then serenade? Cause after that reaction towards Joker, Snake, Cloud, and Sonic must be your axis of evil. Thank Goodness Bayonetta moved when she did otherwise she’d be on that list too.
Hmm, I have a funny feeling the vector you are getting at is off the line, but yes, I do not use any of those characters in Smash Bros and yes, I have not bought any of their games. Also, I'm pretty sure Sonic has been released plenty of times on Nintendo consoles, since I recall getting one when I was a kid.
But none of them are cringey like Persona 5 anyways, if that is what you are referring to. Don't care about Snake (outside of his Smash Bros transmissions) or Cloud (except for that Yamenayo meme), Sonic is cool, and I have a weird impression on Bayonetta (not really in a bad way though).
But I don't use Bayonetta either, because I don't like her playstyle.
Also, you forgot some others in your jab attempt, but I don't play Street Fighter either, BTW. Also, the only other 3rd party remaining is Megaman? I haven't played that since Battle Network ended. I don't use any of those characters either, but I think these characters are pretty cool.

I guess Persona 5 had a chance to give me an impression, but well, with that mediocre anime... I probably would have a better impression of Joker and his brainwashing gang if I didn't watch the anime.
Anyways, back to Smash Bros and not my preferences or Persona 5.

I hope they remove that "No-Appeal" rule online soon, or at least limit to 3 like before. I know there are idiots that abuse them online, but completely removing them is overkill.
And this means that characters like Luigi and Greninja can't use them to do attacks, right?
And it kinda sucks when I am tossed into a 4-player free-for-all when I want to play 1-on-1 about 1/3 of the time, because when that happens, it is always without items.
Off-line is great in general, but the online feels like a downgrade from previous, even though it may help limit some of the lynching rooms.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2018-12-09 at 16:12.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 21:31   Link #142
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ganondorf's Ganoncide makes me lose.
Ganondorf's U-Smash has lag.
Mr. Game and Watch lost all of his windboxes.
Mr. Game and Watch's F-Air doesn't have its lasting hitbox anymore.

Sadness engulfs me.
On a more positive note, G&W's new F-air is very useful in a different way from the old F-air; the bomb drops from the location you initiate the move, meaning you can jump over someone and drop the bomb on them, making it relatively safe to use and very annoying for opponents to predict. U-air now actually hits players in the air and can deal a good amount of damage to unsuspecting opponents (as well as just throwing them off because they suddenly need to start dodging stuff way up in the air).

Quote:
I hope they remove that "No-Appeal" rule online soon, or at least limit to 3 like before. I know there are idiots that abuse them online, but completely removing them is overkill.
And this means that characters like Luigi and Greninja can't use them to do attacks, right?
And it kinda sucks when I am tossed into a 4-player free-for-all when I want to play 1-on-1 about 1/3 of the time, because when that happens, it is always without items.
Off-line is great in general, but the online feels like a downgrade from previous, even though it may help limit some of the lynching rooms.
Both the 'no taunting' and rule mismatches only happen in Quickplay; you can use the Battle Arena to guarantee the correct ruleset and taunt during matches. Unfortunately those matches are not ranked, however; I do find it rather frustrating that ranked matches occur in free-for-all, with items turned on, or on obviously unfair stages.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 21:41   Link #143
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

ROB and Little Mac are more or less the same, though I think ROB's U-Throw is still nerfed.
Ike plays more or less the same too, though my tilts keep on turning into Smashes, which is problematic.
Marth is also more or less the same.
Donkey Kong's Throw->KO combo seems to be gone too?

Boy, WiiU/3DS is the first game I started to competitively play the game, and now I get to suffer the "New game changes" that only affects those people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
On a more positive note, G&W's new F-air is very useful in a different way from the old F-air; the bomb drops from the location you initiate the move, meaning you can jump over someone and drop the bomb on them, making it relatively safe to use and very annoying for opponents to predict. U-air now actually hits players in the air and can deal a good amount of damage to unsuspecting opponents (as well as just throwing them off because they suddenly need to start dodging stuff way up in the air).

Both the 'no taunting' and rule mismatches only happen in Quickplay; you can use the Battle Arena to guarantee the correct ruleset and taunt during matches. Unfortunately those matches are not ranked, however; I do find it rather frustrating that ranked matches occur in free-for-all, with items turned on, or on obviously unfair stages.
Yeah, I've been experimenting with it and the F-Air does have its own potential. I just have to get used to it, because this version can't really be used in the same way as before. U-Air does damage now, which is realistically better, but you can't gimp enemies like Ness and Ike with windboxes now. It was always fun being able to instant-kill them if they recover in the wrong way.

And yeah, I find it unfortunate that every version of online play uses the same ranking system, which doesn't really make sense. A player good at free-for-all and items won't necessarily be good at 1-on-1s, but they have no way of controlling their rank and one will affect the other.
I haven't tried Battle Arena yet, so I need to get to that soon.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2018-12-09, 21:57   Link #144
VDZ

Quote:
Ike plays more or less the same too, though my tilts keep on turning into Smashes, which is problematic.
Have you changed your tilt sensitivity in the controls? You can set it to Low to have it not detect smashes as easily or to High to have it detect smashes and direction changes quicker. Personally, with the overall balance changes, I've set my sensitivity to high and now use the C-stick for tilts instead of smashes (have always used C-stick for smashes since Melee); I notice that (especially as G&W) my smashes don't come out fast enough to use them very often (e.g. down smash out of shield never works anymore in practice because you get interrupted before it hits); I now mainly use tilts for damage and spacing and save the smashes for situations where the opponent is clearly open.

Quote:
Donkey Kong's Throw->KO combo seems to be gone too?
Due to gameplay/balance changes most old combos are gone. Throws don't combo as easily anymore (and I think chaingrabbing is dead entirely now? It's at least been nerfed HARD) and aerials in general have been nerfed relative to other attacks.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 16:30   Link #145
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Changing the language force the app to restart. The thing is that it loads a bit faster than closing and reopening the app.
And speaking of the language option, I'm still baffled why the voices and text are tied together. For people who are used to JP Marth, they must keep their game in Japanese.
Ah, so that's how you get the Japanese voices! Once I finish the spirit story stuff, I'll have to switch.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 19:11   Link #146
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Have you changed your tilt sensitivity in the controls? You can set it to Low to have it not detect smashes as easily or to High to have it detect smashes and direction changes quicker. Personally, with the overall balance changes, I've set my sensitivity to high and now use the C-stick for tilts instead of smashes (have always used C-stick for smashes since Melee); I notice that (especially as G&W) my smashes don't come out fast enough to use them very often (e.g. down smash out of shield never works anymore in practice because you get interrupted before it hits); I now mainly use tilts for damage and spacing and save the smashes for situations where the opponent is clearly open.
I have tried to change it, but making the sensitivity low makes it harder for me to get down from platforms and I couldn't really feel a difference in my accidental smashes.
But I just realized from you that I can actually give the right-stick (I'm using Joy-Cons) Tilt instead of Smash. I'll try that for a bit...

Old 2018-12-14, 00:43   Link #147
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/support/s...aab/index.html

Huh, I personally think people these days want everything handed to them on a silver plate and don't think they needed to downgrade the difficulty of the "New Challenger" battles, but oh well. It is true that they were surprisingly hard. I probably lost 1/5th or so of my first battles with them.

I'm still busy with Solo modes, so I don't really care too much about the character changes. I sometimes use Kirby, but that is about it for these characters.

Old 2018-12-15, 04:29   Link #148
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

At some point, the challengers were definitely around CPU lvl9 who are extremely nasty at chasing you and edgeguarding you hard. If people like us can be beaten by them even 1/5 of the time, they were most likely bodying beginners who are quite numerous considering the switch popularity.
And that would be particularly frustrating for them because the difficulty doesn't lower with the rematches. So yeah, it would deny them some characters for no real reason.
Old 2018-12-15, 16:51   Link #149
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
At some point, the challengers were definitely around CPU lvl9 who are extremely nasty at chasing you and edgeguarding you hard. If people like us can be beaten by them even 1/5 of the time, they were most likely bodying beginners who are quite numerous considering the switch popularity.
And that would be particularly frustrating for them because the difficulty doesn't lower with the rematches. So yeah, it would deny them some characters for no real reason.
No real reason? They couldn't beat the characters. That's the cold, hard reality and reason.
The process of learning how to beat them, perhaps even cheat the AI, is one of the fun parts of the game. Like for those HP-battle Legend Spirits. I realized how possible it was to defeat them if I just hanged on the ledge and waited for them to jump off it, then spike them to death (which ignores any remaining HP). So far, I've even had Richter just... die because he couldn't recover after jumping off and Inceneroar who Final Smashed himself to an unrecoverable position (I think the AI prioritizes trying to hit you with a Final Smash around the ledge or something).
The game gives you all you need to beat them.

Like I said, I understand why they changed the difficulty and not everyone is a gamer, but I'm just amused by it.

I've seen a Tweet or something about a person who unlocked a Lv9 CPU battle achievement through the New Challenger, so at least under circumstances, it seems they can be Lv9.

Old 2018-12-15, 17:30   Link #150
Shadow5YA

Quote:
No real reason? They couldn't beat the characters. That's the cold, hard reality and reason.
The process of learning how to beat them, perhaps even cheat the AI, is one of the fun parts of the game. Like for those HP-battle Legend Spirits. I realized how possible it was to defeat them if I just hanged on the ledge and waited for them to jump off it, then spike them to death (which ignores any remaining HP). So far, I've even had Richter just... die because he couldn't recover after jumping off and Inceneroar who Final Smashed himself to an unrecoverable position (I think the AI prioritizes trying to hit you with a Final Smash around the ledge or something).
The game gives you all you need to beat them.

Like I said, I understand why they changed the difficulty and not everyone is a gamer, but I'm just amused by it.

I've seen a Tweet or something about a person who unlocked a Lv9 CPU battle achievement through the New Challenger, so at least under circumstances, it seems they can be Lv9.
Even if you are a "gamer", not all gamers enjoy having to unlock characters in a fighting game. This isn't 2001. All the characters are revealed beforehand on social media, so the feeling of wonder or surprise most people had almost two decades ago when a character unlocks is no longer there.

Losing to a challenger even once out of 60+ attempts drags down a process a lot of players feel shouldn't have been there in the first place.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-15, 19:30   Link #151
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Even if you are a "gamer", not all gamers enjoy having to unlock characters in a fighting game. This isn't 2001. All the characters are revealed beforehand on social media, so the feeling of wonder or surprise most people had almost two decades ago when a character unlocks is no longer there.

Losing to a challenger even once out of 60+ attempts drags down a process a lot of players feel shouldn't have been there in the first place.
Thankfully, there are people that do enjoy and appreciate the process. Thank you, Sakurai. And I love the touch that the beginning roster are the original 8, truly fitting for the "Ultimate" Smash Bros.
But you can rest now and make the next Kid Icarus game.

Old 2018-12-18, 03:56   Link #152
rladls2121

Does anyone has any idea how to play the stage Palutena's Temple?
I can't find it on the selections, do i have to unlock it?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-18, 04:28   Link #153
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Thankfully, there are people that do enjoy and appreciate the process. Thank you, Sakurai. And I love the touch that the beginning roster are the original 8, truly fitting for the "Ultimate" Smash Bros.
But you can rest now and make the next Kid Icarus game.
Then they could have limited the roster just for the single player modes just to appeal to your sensibilities while multiplayer has everyone unlocked from the start.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-18, 21:39   Link #154
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Does anyone has any idea how to play the stage Palutena's Temple?
I can't find it on the selections, do i have to unlock it?
The huge stage, right?
I see it on the third-to-bottom row, in the middle in my stage selection menu. I don't recall having to unlock it.

Old 2018-12-19, 20:36   Link #155
rladls2121

^Thank you, it was hard to find it.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-29, 04:44   Link #156
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Hmm, I have a funny feeling the vector you are getting at is off the line, but yes, I do not use any of those characters in Smash Bros and yes, I have not bought any of their games. Also, I'm pretty sure Sonic has been released plenty of times on Nintendo consoles, since I recall getting one when I was a kid.
But none of them are cringey like Persona 5 anyways, if that is what you are referring to. Don't care about Snake (outside of his Smash Bros transmissions) or Cloud (except for that Yamenayo meme), Sonic is cool, and I have a weird impression on Bayonetta (not really in a bad way though).
But I don't use Bayonetta either, because I don't like her playstyle.
Also, you forgot some others in your jab attempt, but I don't play Street Fighter either, BTW. Also, the only other 3rd party remaining is Megaman? I haven't played that since Battle Network ended. I don't use any of those characters either, but I think these characters are pretty cool.

I guess Persona 5 had a chance to give me an impression, but well, with that mediocre anime... I probably would have a better impression of Joker and his brainwashing gang if I didn't watch the anime.
Anyways, back to Smash Bros and not my preferences or Persona 5.

Serenade... you shouldn't judge Persona 5 based on its anime. Its anime was truly garbage and pretty much all P5 fans agree on that...

Also, @others, you don't need to look up the characters in advance on social media. Using self-control, I basically went into this game unaware of most of the character roster and really enjoyed it and I've won pretty much all of the character unlock battles in one or two attempts with maybe one or two exceptions where I had like 4 rechallenges, lol, but yeah I haven't cheesed any of them except when the cpu's accidentally killed themselves without me doing anything... I guess it's easy since I've been playing WoL on hard...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-29, 21:57   Link #157
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Wow, I thought I was done with adventure mode, but there is actually yet ANOTHER part.
But it is kinda hard to see the terrain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Serenade... you shouldn't judge Persona 5 based on its anime. Its anime was truly garbage and pretty much all P5 fans agree on that...
Glad to hear

Old 2019-01-01, 16:05   Link #158
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post

Also, @others, you don't need to look up the characters in advance on social media. Using self-control, I basically went into this game unaware of most of the character roster and really enjoyed it and I've won pretty much all of the character unlock battles in one or two attempts with maybe one or two exceptions where I had like 4 rechallenges, lol, but yeah I haven't cheesed any of them except when the cpu's accidentally killed themselves without me doing anything... I guess it's easy since I've been playing WoL on hard...
But now that the game is out, I recommend watching the character trailers if you haven't already. They were so good.
Old 2019-01-05, 09:27   Link #159
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

IGN did a video about Leaked characters like Steven from Minecraft, Doomguy and Ryu Hayabusa.

Each sound like bull but if Steve does get in I'll prob sell my copy of the game.
Old 2019-01-05, 18:43   Link #160
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
IGN did a video about Leaked characters like Steven from Minecraft, Doomguy and Ryu Hayabusa.

Each sound like bull but if Steve does get in I'll prob sell my copy of the game.
Oh please, if there's one character that needs to be DLC in this game (and the final character at that), it would be this guy:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?