AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-23, 23:38   Link #581
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Disappearance has in effect buried the argument that Kyon is the one with all that power. He never wished for that kind of thing to have happened (especially if he happens to actually to enjoy life with SOS Brigade) and Nagato obtained the power to alter reality from Haruhi, not him.
Of course, an idea can never die, especially since people can twist their own view of reality to suit their needs. Since Kyon is the main character, he would be the focal point of the novels. And for as long as he is the focal point, there would be people who believe he is the real god.

Nothing short of an official statement from the author could prove otherwise, and even then it wouldn't convince all of them.
Old 2006-11-24, 01:56   Link #582
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Disappearance has in effect buried the argument that Kyon is the one with all that power. He never wished for that kind of thing to have happened (especially if he happens to actually to enjoy life with SOS Brigade) and Nagato obtained the power to alter reality from Haruhi, not him.
I don't see how it buries anything. Quite simply, Nagato could have lied because, for some reason, she doesn't want Kyon to know he has powers.

Or Kyon could have, among other powers, "the power to camouflage his own existence with a Haruhi decoy".

As for never wishing the SOS brigade never existed... I think you're wrong there. He's always complaining about whatever Haruhi drags him into, so on some level, he may very well have done it.
Old 2006-11-24, 02:12   Link #583
Kazu-kun

So, this is a good example of what Vallen Chaos Valiant means when he says "people can twist their own view of reality to suit their needs"

Well, personally, I prefer to believe in Yuki rather than some dude's opinion. If she says she took the power from Haruhi, then she took the power from Haruhi.
Old 2006-11-24, 02:50   Link #584
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've not noticed Yuki ever lie... though she is known to omit information details.
Old 2006-11-24, 04:08   Link #585
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I've not noticed Yuki ever lie... though she is known to omit information details.
But then, die-hard Kyonists would insist that Yuki was merely miss-informed, and that Kyon was the one who granted powers to Haruhi to begin with.

This is like the theory that any and all stories can end with the main character waking up to a normal world, with his/her adventures being merely a dream. You can't disprove something like that.
Old 2006-11-24, 08:03   Link #586
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't even believe Kyon's god. Or that he's not, for that matter.

I just don't see how disappearance says anything one way or the other. It's established since book 1 that Nagato, Asahina, and Koizumi believe - or claim to believe - Haruhi's the one with powers. Disappearance changes nothing.
Old 2006-11-24, 12:25   Link #587
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadjet View Post
So the big question I would like to ask.. Is Kyon the Slider?

After reading the translations of the novels so far I really think it is him. Does the novel series end at 8 or will there be more? Was the identity of the slider ever discovered if there was one?

If it's not over I doubt they would add another main character this far in. Unless it was maybe Tsuruya but she has always had a minor supporting role for the longest, can't imagine that changing drastically. So the other candidate is Kyon.

He is the only SOS member without an actual 'title', supposedly the only regular human. While he has no special powers by himself, he has witnessed events and seen different dimesions not only because of Haruhi but because of all the other SOS members also. He is also the only one that always remembers everything, while everyone else goes back to their regular role. As a slider he is the perfect narrator of events in this set of unique people.

I don't know why Kyon himslef has not questioned his position. If he thinks of what a slider actually is and his situation he should come up with that conclusion. Even though it is not him causing all the dimesion and tiem fluctuation chages, he was witness to them all, and in the most complete form. The only other way I can see another person as a slider coming in is like Asakura from Volume four coming into their dimension and they say she has moved back, but then again Kyon has already been to her dimesion and then some @_@
I would think that Sliders would have to have abilities similar to Haruhi. Perhaps, at some point, the Sliders will appear and ask Haruhi to go with them. Then she will have to decide what she really wants.
Old 2006-11-24, 16:44   Link #588
lana3007
stuck-up feminist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I just don't see how disappearance says anything one way or the other. It's established since book 1 that Nagato, Asahina, and Koizumi believe - or claim to believe - Haruhi's the one with powers. Disappearance changes nothing.
Nobody seems to have answered my actual question. Having read the disappearance novel, I have to agree with Anh_Minh that it doesn't seem to show one way or another, which is why I'd like to know what evidence is there for it?
Old 2006-11-26, 23:31   Link #589
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lana3007 View Post
Nobody seems to have answered my actual question. Having read the disappearance novel, I have to agree with Anh_Minh that it doesn't seem to show one way or another, which is why I'd like to know what evidence is there for it?
None. The only problem with a theory that you can't disprove, is that you usually can't prove it either.
Old 2006-12-02, 09:40   Link #590
Charmmy Kitty
Red eyes in Darkness

Send a message via ICQ to Charmmy Kitty Send a message via MSN to Charmmy Kitty
Kyon is definetly not a God!
Even he helped Haruhi to return to normal world....That doesn't mean he's a God!
Old 2006-12-06, 21:10   Link #591
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmmy Kitty View Post
Kyon is definetly not a God!
Even he helped Haruhi to return to normal world....That doesn't mean he's a God!
there are other aspects that ppl speculate that Kyon is a god
Old 2006-12-07, 01:33   Link #592
bloodmoon0011

Question About Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu's Liscensing...

K, I believe Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu was recently liscensed in Japan, and I was wondering... I've heard all manner of rumors regarding a second season, does anyone know if there really will be? Also, when is the dub going to be released in the states?
Old 2006-12-07, 12:27   Link #593
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Rumor....and Haruhi has ALWAYS been licensed in Japan...it's the other countries we are talking about.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2006-12-08, 01:04   Link #594
bloodmoon0011

Dammit...

Errrgh... I liked the series... That's odd though, it seemed like there'd be another season, since from what I heard, the first season followed the first book, and there are I believe 4 so far in Japan...
Old 2006-12-08, 01:06   Link #595
killeraargh
Yuki FTW!

Send a message via MSN to killeraargh
Actually, there probably will be another season, set for Fall 07, but that *might* be wrong....

And there are 8 books out now, 9's apparently coming out next year sometime...

And about the dub thing, I dunno if I want it to come out...>_>

Old 2006-12-08, 01:17   Link #596
bloodmoon0011

Damn, 8 books? Wow, my sources are really behind, lol. Yeah, I HOPE the dub's good... Any idea who's gonna or who has snatched the license up? (Please, God, not ADV...)
Old 2006-12-08, 02:13   Link #597
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodmoon0011 View Post
Damn, 8 books? Wow, my sources are really behind, lol. Yeah, I HOPE the dub's good... Any idea who's gonna or who has snatched the license up? (Please, God, not ADV...)
No North American license for Haruhi yet. There has been some rumors about the bunny costumes that appeared in the story making it difficult (since the "bunny girl" costume is technically a trademark owned by Playboy). Then again, it might just be the cost.

John over at Anime Nation is a little more optimistic though:
http://www.animenation.net/news/askjohn.php?id=1443

And the first season covered primarily vol.1 (Yuutsu, Melancholy), with short stories snatched up here and there from vol.2, 3, and 5. A second season would most likely feature vol.4 (Shoushitsu, Disappearance), and perhaps more short stories from vol.6 and 8.
Old 2006-12-09, 08:25   Link #598
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
if/when the american release does come, i wonder how the episodes will be ordered. would it be like the original tv broadcast order or will it be in chronological order like the japanese DVDs

禁則事項です
Old 2006-12-24, 19:27   Link #599
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Big spoiler from the updated timeline (Vol. 7)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-08, 06:01   Link #600
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

can someone tell me what volume was it when Kyon was so pissed off that
Spoiler:

i want to read what had happen that made Kyon like that
Closed Thread