Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-08-10, 10:30   Link #41
Fiir-chan
Living Slovenly~...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaWolf View Post
I thought the first chapter has a bunch of lies mixed in, since I don't think an actor like him would show his weakness like this or it will completely ruin his character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
It seems like he's beginning to act overprotective of her. Which isn't good, because what she wants is the guy who fucks everyone over without ever revealing his real face, not a coddling lover.
Quote:
Really? It made perfect sense to me. Despite what he says, he is his father's son. That's been made clear.

Effectively, he's treating Lapis as if she's exactly the same as himself. In regards to family and other aspects, even when it should be obvious she's not. And therefore it seems natural to him that she'd want the same kind of revenge he does.
Definitely what Xfire is on about. He is projecting his values unto her and is currently blind to the real circumstance that is going on in lala's head. Nothing is really ever stated about lala's feelings for her parents, all we have is dantalian's. Thus his prejudice over parental relationships and his misconception of proper parental relationships is screwing him over. Also, i think he is currently grasping at straws that is a relationship, i think dantalian broke rule 2 and 3 of his. Acquiring a friend and getting married. 'Although its not really like that, it is like that' kind of circumstance from what i understand. But i cant be too sure unless i read the entirety of vol 2, TL'r did say its a setup for the whole vol. Also, i want to see more of the new girls barbatos and paimon

"I get it Kyousaru, you smoke weed everytime you do your art."
Fiir-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-11, 05:55   Link #42
Fiir-chan
Living Slovenly~...

Quote:
Originally Posted by patcan3609 View Post
This is a Korean novel tho and I havent really seen a harem novel from Koreans yet. Anyone actually read the webnovel?
dawnbringer is a harem. yeah, harem from koreans are pretty rare to find. the only ones i can find are those that are being translated

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnuchious View Post
yup ... she's definitely not Ivan .. it was mentioned already in volume 1 where Ivan's real body is . . . and from reading in between the lines, MC even threatened her not to use her real body or else a much bigger 'problem' would befall her . . besides the pluck-pluck-pluck

please continue. or ignore if this point is explained in vol 2

Old 2016-08-12, 13:09   Link #43
mufarasu

Anyone want to post the images from the failed verison of the light novel? I'm curious as to what they look like.
mufarasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-13, 06:11   Link #44
Breimn

I am interested too.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 18:21   Link #45
Ebrie

Quote:
It seems like he's beginning to act overprotective of her. Which isn't good, because what she wants is the guy who fucks everyone over without ever revealing his real face, not a coddling lover.
I have a feeling Lazuli will get pretty pissed when she realizes she is falling into the same trap that Dantalion is. Her goal was originally to get Dantalion as a puppet, which she easily could have done now that he loved her. Instead, she's pushing him away and acting 'disappointed', losing her chance at completely controlling him. Pretty sure once the dust settles, there's going to be a no touching rule between them.
Ebrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 02:54   Link #46
Breimn

The new translated parts seem to hint it is simply him getting too much into the act he is doing to fool Barbatos. He.is basically doing same thing he did to that slaver.
Old 2016-08-16, 13:59   Link #47
Ebrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
The new translated parts seem to hint it is simply him getting too much into the act he is doing to fool Barbatos. He.is basically doing same thing he did to that slaver.
The way I see it there are three possible paths that Dantalion is following:

1) Dantalion actually fell for Lapis and is coming to Barbatos for help. In the end, Barbatos gives him relationship advice while getting closer to him.

-this is most likely the surface story (ie, what Dantalion wants the country to believe). It's consistent with making him seem weaker than Lapis, and gives Barbatos a way of feeling closer to Dantalion without him necessarily owing her a favor (that's what the wine was for).

2) Dantalion is trying to get closer to Barbatos with Lapis in on the scheme.

-this would make sense, since it's amazing she would have the courage to slap him in the middle of the city otherwise. However, it would mean that a large portion of the story that we've read hasn't really happened, and would take a bit of explanation to not seem to big of an asspull.

3) Dantalion is trying to get closer to Barbatos without Lapis in on the scheme.

-This would be his major play, I think. The old woman in the beginning was actually a test for Lapis sent by Dantalion to see how she would react to Dantalion seeming affectionate. Instead of using this knowledge to further her own goals (ie, manipulating him to get more affectionate) she instead feels disappointed that 'this isn't the guy I like'. The scenes afterwards are Dantalion manipulating her further so that when he does his reveal, he can show how 'irrational' she is being by not manipulating his love.
Old 2016-08-16, 19:20   Link #48
Fiir-chan
Living Slovenly~...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebrie View Post
The way I see it there are three possibthree, ths that Dantalion is following:

1) Dantalion actually fell for Lapis and is coming to Barbatos for help. In the end, Barbatos gives him relationship advice while getting closer to him.

-this is most likely the surface story (ie, what Dantalion wants the country to believe). It's consistent with making him seem weaker than Lapis, and gives Barbatos a way of feeling closer to Dantalion without him necessarily owing her a favor (that's what the wine was for).

2) Dantalion is trying to get closer to Barbatos with Lapis in on the scheme.

-this would make sense, since it's amazing she would have the courage to slap him in the middle of the city otherwise. However, it would mean that a large portion of the story that we've read hasn't really happened, and would take a bit of explanation to not seem to big of an asspull.

3) Dantalion is trying to get closer to Barbatos without Lapis in on the scheme.

-This would be his major play, I think. The old woman in the beginning was actually a test for Lapis sent by Dantalion to see how she would react to Dantalion seeming affectionate. Instead of using this knowledge to further her own goals (ie, manipulating him to get more affectionate) she instead feels disappointed that 'this isn't the guy I like'. The scenes afterwards are Dantalion manipulating her further so that when he does his reveal, he can show how 'irrational' she is being by not manipulating his love.
The real answer is that he is doing all three.

he hasn't fallen for lapis, he is only getting possessive and emotional over her, which she doesnt like since the one she liked is the scheming and ruthless bastard dantalian she saw up to the point where they shagged. And yes, i am also expecting for him to blow everything up her face for her being emotional over it too instead of using the chance to manipulate him

Next is he is doing points 2 and 3, dantalian knows lapis isnt a good actor so he is leading her on while she may or may not be in the dark about him acquiring baratos' favor. Also, i dont think lapis' mother is part of dantalian's plan, i can only chalk it up to his twisted environment back in earth as to why he nonchalantly picks the option to kill her and lapis misunderstanding that he cares when she thinks he shouldnt.

Everything in vol 2 so happened and are showed as flashbacks. The POV headers are indicators of this since everything in the prologue happened hours before the farce with barbatos and 10 days since acquiring acquiring laura.

Why farce? Its because of the reference dantalian made about reverse psychology he is doing to barbatos, by making her think that the reason she is doing him a favor is not because she needs to return it but because he is making her think she likes him enough to do it, plus the monologue slips dantalian deliberately made for us.

Since it was mentioned by lapis that dantalian only has gold compared to ranks 1, 2, 3, 5, 8 and 9's troops, political power and individual strength, it is highly likely that lapis got mad because she is worried over dantalian trying to play barbatos, because if he failed and was killed, his promise of power to lapis will go down the drain.

Do note that even though lapis and dantalian reverted back to the way they were before they shagged after lapis' affection hit 0 after acquiring laura, they still made plans together.

--

Most of this is speculation i added to the speculation some anons came up a few days ago, chpater three may come out tomorrow or the day after, hope some things become even clearer by then

Old 2016-08-25, 05:35   Link #49
Sizaki

Volume 2 is done, time to wait for volume 3 to be done
Sizaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-25, 06:40   Link #50
cadu_

This novel is awesome.
Looking forward to how Barbatos and the MC relationship will progress and who is going to get the upperhand.
Old 2016-08-25, 07:54   Link #51
Fiir-chan
Living Slovenly~...

This thread doesnt get much discussion huh...

Old 2016-08-25, 07:57   Link #52
Breimn

I was in the 4ch thread but mods keep deleting them .
Old 2016-08-25, 15:36   Link #53
Ebrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
I was in the 4ch thread but mods keep deleting them .
It's a bit upsetting, since /a/ is probably the best place to discuss it on 4chan. Where else should it go, /jp/, /b/?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carinderyeah View Post
I think its a number of factors. A lot of the longer threads generate discussion because of cliffhangers, speculation threads, or simply not having another alternative. 4chan was pretty good for immediate discussion until the last week or so. Plus, the extremely fast release schedule doesn't leave much time to speculate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadu_ View Post
This novel is awesome.
Looking forward to how Barbatos and the MC relationship will progress and who is going to get the upperhand.
Definitely will be rusemaster Dantalion who gets the upper hand. My bet is that he joined Barbatos' group so he can change it from the inside to something more moderate.

So, does anyone else think that the hero from the story will eventually be part of Dantalion's gang? I see Dantalion adopting the hero as a means of control.
Old 2016-08-25, 18:56   Link #54
kaikalaila

Either kill or mold the hero but i think the timeline is not yet there yet for the hero to be born?
kaikalaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-25, 19:20   Link #55
Xacual

No the Hero is born. According to the Hero's story we were told in volume 1. In 1 year from when Dantalian showed up in this world, that one weakling Demon Lord that Dantalian killed would go off and wipe out a human town. The Hero was the only survivor of that town and would ten years down the road after they grew up get revenge and then from there wipe out all the other Demon Lords too.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-25, 20:09   Link #56
gill

yeah thats why dantalian kill that 72nd demon lord already , even though i think it can go either way, killing that tutorial demon lord or actually telling that demon lord to make sure that he kill al the villager , but he goes with the first since the chance also good for him to make a name for himself at niflheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by carinderyeah View Post
i think it also the fact that noone can get the raw beside from LN that those who usually read the raw dont have that many thing to talk

gimme moar spoiler and gimme more paimon
gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-25, 21:58   Link #57
gn_X00

it's a bit questionable about the hero though.. The Hero only "awakened" because of the stupid 72nd Demon Lord which has been killed by Dantalian, so it's arguable that he'll even awakened at all..

and a reckless move to eliminate him might actually be a bad move since it will be bad if he got awakened. Controlling humans to try to kill him (so that he hate humans if he survive) is probably the better choice

btw I wonder if Dantalian is manipulating information so that Barbatos thinks that Dantalian is still not smart enough to guess that she's the one who make the army march to his castle? In the end something like that is really dangerous since Barbatos might as well eliminate him for being too smart on deduction
Old 2016-08-25, 22:08   Link #58
alsful

I've got to admit, I didn't expect this line while reading about the background of the main character:
"...This world is tragic. Even if you’re vexed, what can you do. This is the truth. The carbon dioxide exhaust rate won’t go down, China will grasp capital over the entire world, Justin Bieber will receive the Nobel Prize in literature……"

alsful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 10:13   Link #59
cadu_

Just to confirm,the person behind Barbatos is a woman right? Who is she?
Volume 3 cover:
Spoiler:
Old 2016-08-28, 10:16   Link #60
Sizaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadu_ View Post
Just to confirm,the person behind Barbatos is a woman right? Who is she?
Volume 3 cover:
Spoiler:
Someone said it's Christiane Louisse von Volfusbrook.
No idea who that is though, or I've just forgotten :S

Edit: Ah, she's the one in the prologue that begged him to spare 'her' life, and not her people.

Last edited by Sizaki; 2016-08-28 at 10:26.
Sizaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dark & death, demon lord, demons, harem, manipulative protagonist, romance, sadistic protagonist, sexfriends, smart protagonist, villain protagonist