Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-11, 10:17   Link #541
enthalpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
I thought as Dragon Slave has a really huge AOE effect most of those that cast it risk getting hit by it, that's why it is such a rare spell to see.
You either have to be in a very good position - i.e. flying like Pokota - or have a magical shield (like Lina has) to remain unscathed.

I know its mentioned in other spots in the novels/manga, but if you watch try, theres an episode where she uses a point blank dragon slave and comments to the person shes nuking that "While I'm casting this I'm protected by a magic shield" in response to said thing saying she would blow herself up too.

If you watch this episode youll notice that when shes amplifying her dragon slave she definately has a magic shield around her while shes casting, but like she said, she has one when the spell goes off too.
such a spell would be useless otherwise, as it can be hard to judge the blast radius of it. it would be the equivalent of the nuclear anti-tank shells deployed near the russian front in WW2. effective but self-sacrificing.
Old 2008-07-11, 11:17   Link #542
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Well she clearly has some sort of magic shield around her as she's casting it, because in ep 2 she was immune to all the short charge time small spells from the small creature.

So I guess she's protected from it while it's active or else it would actually be kind of dumb.
Old 2008-07-11, 11:46   Link #543
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Man, so glad Slayers is back. The OP and ED, the BGM, the animation brings back, everything just brings back that same old feeling. The look on Lina's face before casting the Dragon Slave in ep2 is priceless. Just need my namesake to show up to make things perfect.
Old 2008-07-11, 11:49   Link #544
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
I don't think that's quite it, since the four Dragon Gods are their own beings. Rather, I think Luna has a fragment of Cephieed's soul as her own.
The dragon lords were created when Cephieed divided himself into 4 piece following the the defeat of rudy-eye and his division into 7 piece.

Quote:
She's supposedly a match for Xellos. Maybe? Actually the author himself doesn't really know. XD
since Luna holds one of the 4 pieces of Cephieed, she is far more powerful then Luna and more powerful then the Dark lords.

As for Xellos position, he has the same position as the other Priest and generals but he has the double the power of any of them as the Beast Master just created 1 servant instead of 2 like the others.
Old 2008-07-11, 11:58   Link #545
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, I've heard that Xellos won't go near Luna, despite Luna being 'retired' from the world of magic and all - kinda like how the great swordmasters go into seclusion as to not be bothered by anyone.

But still, I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see a Dual Inverse Dragon Slave~
Old 2008-07-11, 16:19   Link #546
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Well, I've heard that Xellos won't go near Luna, despite Luna being 'retired' from the world of magic and all - kinda like how the great swordmasters go into seclusion as to not be bothered by anyone.

But still, I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see a Dual Inverse Dragon Slave~
Well Xellos isn't insane. He knows what's within his abilities and what is too great a risk to be worth it. No matter how you cut it Luna is extremely powerful and it'd be foolish to pick a fight with her.

If you could get Lina to go anywhere near her sister , it would be interesting to see that kind of firepower. Amplified Lina's dragon slave is really strong and Luna is just herself which as we've discussed is insanely strong.
Old 2008-07-11, 16:23   Link #547
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graus View Post
What I'm saying right now is purely a joke but it would be a major if Pokota turned into Naga and did her laughing scene

Lina and Naga also ran into Wizer in the Slayers Special Novel 9 and then there is the tenth official novel where he pops up and Lina's connection to him and Ruvinagardo is cleared up a bit.
Spoiler:
More likely Naga created or had a hand in creating Pokota.
Old 2008-07-11, 16:30   Link #548
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post

Never happen. Luna doesn't know any magic, and it's not that she's retired, but more that she can't get any time off.
Old 2008-07-11, 16:30   Link #549
certhas

i'd like to see luna at least once in a series...
the only time she got mentioned was in try ? shortly after that town at the coast.

certhas
Old 2008-07-11, 16:50   Link #550
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by certhas View Post
i'd like to see luna at least once in a series...
the only time she got mentioned was in try ? shortly after that town at the coast.

certhas
Not quite. Lina talked about her somewhat at length with a notable amount of respect in an episode of the original series. How she'd endured far worse tortures at her sister's hands and that no one could beat her.

Lina also seemed to be reliving some childhood memory involving slugs, where she called out for her parents and her big sis in Next.

Rather than have Luna appear, it'd be nice to have Lina reflect abit about her.
Old 2008-07-11, 16:55   Link #551
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Not quite. Lina talked about her somewhat at length with a notable amount of respect in an episode of the original series. How she'd endured far worse tortures at her sister's hands and that no one could beat her.

Lina also seemed to be reliving some childhood memory involving slugs, where she called out for her parents and her big sis in Next.

Rather than have Luna appear, it'd be nice to have Lina reflect abit about her.
it wasn't really torture, just Luna's tough love approach to teaching Lina magic
Old 2008-07-11, 17:01   Link #552
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
it wasn't really torture, just Luna's tough love approach to teaching Lina magic
Lina went to a school to learn magic, just like everyone else.

Most she knew, as I'm aware, is some projection spell she used to show off Luna bathing in order to make some money.

Mmm...Luna bathing...*Tries to find the manga scan*
Old 2008-07-11, 17:03   Link #553
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Lina went to a school to learn magic, just like everyone else.
i remember form season 1, that Lina mention it is Luna that taught her magic. Is that different form the novels?
Old 2008-07-11, 17:06   Link #554
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
i remember form season 1, that Lina mention it is Luna that taught her magic. Is that different form the novels?
Lina didn't mention that Luna taught her magic, she did mention that the mage guild back home was going to give her a colour though. But I have only read up to the ones Tokyopop has translated.
Old 2008-07-11, 17:45   Link #555
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Luna Bath Projection
Spoiler:
Old 2008-07-11, 18:52   Link #556
Wesley84

Quote:
Luna Bath Projection
Spoiler:
Flare Dragon's know how to pick'em.
Old 2008-07-11, 22:13   Link #557
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Hmm, its been ages and ages since Lina is anything but a walking screaming piece of artillery...

Come to think of it, the last time she cast anything other than an artillery spell was when she cast those sleep and reverse-regeneration spells 15 (!!) years ago in the first season!!

It would be nice to see Lina cast more spells like Furious Breed (the bird summoning spell) and give variety to her role in the party.

And HAHAHAHAHAHA!! This episode totally redifines the term "a Dragon Slave to the face."
Old 2008-07-11, 22:15   Link #558
Wesley84

I hope TTOTM is used at least once in this series.
Old 2008-07-11, 22:16   Link #559
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
Hmm, its been ages and ages since Lina is anything but a walking screaming piece of artillery...

Come to think of it, the last time she cast anything other than an artillery spell was when she cast those sleep and reverse-regeneration spells 15 (!!) years ago in the first season!!

It would be nice to see Lina cast more spells like Furious Breed (the bird summoning spell) and give variety to her role in the party.

And HAHAHAHAHAHA!! This episode totally redifines the term "a Dragon Slave to the face."
She use Naga jellyfish summoning spell in Next.
Old 2008-07-11, 22:19   Link #560
Wesley84

Quote:
She use Naga jellyfish summoning spell in Next.
She used all kinds of spells in Next, Furious Breed among them.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, fantasy