AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-05-26, 11:48   Link #2921
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I wonder what happened in volume 4, just found this Light Novel interesting. Got introduce to it, by a eccentric friend of mine and watch all the anime episodes thus far.

Before you ask, spoilers don't hamper me in reading instead it increases my incentive to read the Light Novel.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 13:01   Link #2922
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I wonder what happened in volume 4, just found this Light Novel interesting. Got introduce to it, by a eccentric friend of mine and watch all the anime episodes thus far.

Before you ask, spoilers don't hamper me in reading instead it increases my incentive to read the Light Novel.
So you're like me, huh? ^_^

Right... (actually do I even need the spoiler tag? Never mind.)

Spoiler:

Did I miss anything plot-important? :P
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 13:14   Link #2923
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Kotori's Angel, Camael, is a halberd (which can change into a cannon). Having just her healing powers alone is not enough to convince me that he's summoned her Angel.
I do think it was later stated that his abilities will grow depending on the "closeness" of the relationship after the capture, and there the wish part... which brings to a question can he also access the evil sides of each power? and will it affect his personality as we have seen with Tohka
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 13:15   Link #2924
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:

Spoiler:

excellent you nailed everything and it seems as though u've also finished off this season of Date a Live. I'm guessing in Vol 8 Phantom will finally be revealed
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 13:26   Link #2925
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
I do think it was later stated that his abilities will grow depending on the "closeness" of the relationship after the capture, and there the wish part... which brings to a question can he also access the evil sides of each power? and will it affect his personality as we have seen with Tohka
Not just closeness (which apparently is actually the physical distance between him and the Spirit whose powers he's trying to use). He started using powers other than Kotori's only after he resealed Kotori's powers. I'm guessing that he's summoning them in the order that he sealed them. Each time he's in a pinch, he unlocks a new one. Whee!

As for your question, it's one that I think will only be answered in the second half of the next 2-book arc, or the one after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
excellent you nailed everything and it seems as though u've also finished off this season of Date a Live. I'm guessing in Vol 8 Phantom will finally be revealed
This season, as in the anime? Heh.

Volume 8? Nah, seems too close. I'm thinking earliest is during the second half of the next 2-book arc. And since I also think that volume 8 will be a standalone, earliest should be volume 10?

(Maybe I should go translate the rest of volume 4 on BT )
Old 2013-05-26, 13:34   Link #2926
kazzuya13

Who knows maybe phantom would turn out to be Shidou's biological mother.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 13:43   Link #2927
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
Who knows maybe phantom would turn out to be Shidou's biological mother.
Lol, the most mysterious character in the whole series. Its possible identities include: Shidou's biological mother/father, the first Spirit, the zeroth Spirit... the list goes on.
Old 2013-05-26, 13:58   Link #2928
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:

Spoiler:

Actually, you got something wrong there in the epilogue of volume 4:

Spoiler:
Old 2013-05-26, 14:25   Link #2929
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Actually, you got something wrong there in the epilogue of volume 4:

Spoiler:
Like I said earlier, I had to rely on Chinese translations of the LN for volume 4, and my brain just doesn't process stuff in Chinese half as well as it does in English. I knew I got something wrong somewhere.

I need to re-read the second half of volume 4. Bleh.
Old 2013-05-26, 14:59   Link #2930
ImperialFlameGod8190

o well doesn't really matter especially since the episode proved kurumi is a tsundere as well as a yandere. But based on that she seems like a dark ally of justice i'm guessing something happened to her 30 years ago and she wanted revenge for it that's why she's after the first spirit.
Old 2013-05-26, 17:08   Link #2931
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
i'm guessing something happened to her 30 years ago and she wanted revenge for it that's why she's after the first spirit.
Nope, that's definitely not what she's after. Phantom said "You're a surprisingly kind person" when she told him what her goal was, and she was ticked off and tried to shoot him for it, showing he was right. It's definitely not revenge, more likely it's something like she wanted to spare the spirits that came after the first the pain of being hunted down and killed or something, and she got mad at Phantom for figuring out her goal was actually good instead of psycho evil.
Old 2013-05-26, 18:06   Link #2932
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Nope, that's definitely not what she's after. Phantom said "You're a surprisingly kind person" when she told him what her goal was, and she was ticked off and tried to shoot him for it, showing he was right. It's definitely not revenge, more likely it's something like she wanted to spare the spirits that came after the first the pain of being hunted down and killed or something, and she got mad at Phantom for figuring out her goal was actually good instead of psycho evil.
yea its like she wants people to hate her and when shidou didn't she got afraid it also explains why she easily lets mana kill her
Old 2013-05-26, 19:42   Link #2933
holybell84

Quote:
yea its like she wants people to hate her and when shidou didn't she got afraid it also explains why she easily lets mana kill her
But then, given that if Kurumi succeeds, that will constitutes to Tohka, Yoshino etc not existing at all, and I don't think Shidou will want that. Let's hope that those arse at DEM actually had a hand in opening that portal 30 years ago.
Old 2013-05-26, 20:16   Link #2934
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Ok, so let's call Kurumi a tsundere from now on, since it's more accurate than yandere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
But then, given that if Kurumi succeeds, that will constitutes to Tohka, Yoshino etc not existing at all, and I don't think Shidou will want that. Let's hope that those arse at DEM actually had a hand in opening that portal 30 years ago.
Time paradox lol. If she killed the first Spirit she'll need their powers, but then if she succeeded then they and their powers wouldn't have existed. Unless Phantom is acting independently of the first Spirit. Or... Kurumi's the one who caused the spacequake...
Old 2013-05-26, 20:36   Link #2935
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Quote:
The thing is, the way Kurumi comes off doing it, she doesn't want to make it seem like she's being noble about her goal of making the incidents (spacequakes, Spirits appearing etc.). She obviously has her own selfish reasons for this, not wanting to experience the suffering and indignation of being hunted to death on a regular basis even though none of any of the Spirits wanted to appear out of nowhere and cause a spacequake out of their own accord. She might seem evil but definitely there's some good in her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
Quote:
Time paradox lol. If she killed the first Spirit she'll need their powers, but then if she succeeded then they and their powers wouldn't have existed. Unless Phantom is acting independently of the first Spirit. Or... Kurumi's the one who caused the spacequake...
With regards to the time paradox issue, it would definitely make it that the current Spirits who exist in the world disappear, along with Shidou's ability to seal and act as a container for those powers (unless his ability to seal Spirit powers were from birth). Somehow I think the Phantom is just an entity who does things on a whim, but there's a possibility said entity might also come from the dimension where the Spirits were originally from as well. With all being said, I find the possibility of Kurumi causing the spacequake near zero since it is unlikely that she would appear without the First Spirit actually doing so.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 20:41   Link #2936
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
The thing is, the way Kurumi comes off doing it, she doesn't want to make it seem like she's being noble about her goal of making the incidents (spacequakes, Spirits appearing etc.). She obviously has her own selfish reasons for this, not wanting to experience the suffering and indignation of being hunted to death on a regular basis even though none of any of the Spirits wanted to appear out of nowhere and cause a spacequake out of their own accord. She might seem evil but definitely there's some good in her.
I'm not saying she's evil, in fact I'm saying the opposite. (sort of)

She was angry at Phantom for seeing that she has some good in her at the end of volume 4, because she doesn't want anybody to know. Undoubtedly we'll get some background on her and ellaboration on this at some point, but my bet is that either she's been through some rough stuff in her past or she's angry over how groups like the AST have treated her kind. So she perceives kindness as weakness, but she hasn't gotten rid of it completely.
Old 2013-05-26, 20:48   Link #2937
sky black swordman

Assuming Kurumi's plan is successful , what would happen to Kotori and Miku ? IIRC aren't they both humans who were turned into "Spirits".
Old 2013-05-26, 20:52   Link #2938
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Assuming Kurumi's plan is successful , what would happen to Kotori and Miku ? IIRC aren't they both humans who were turned into "Spirits".
they would stay human and not turn into spirits probably or probably nothing kurumi assumes that if she succeeds that everything else would return to normal and there would be no more spirits or human turned spirits, though i don't think that would happen, the only way that her plans succeeds that way is if the person that she goes back to kill is phantom
Old 2013-05-26, 20:55   Link #2939
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
All spirits after the first would cease to exist according to Kurumi, though we don't know about them since they're "artificial" spirits.

I would bet though that since Phantom turned them into spirits, he/she has some connection to them him/herself. (whether he/she is a spirit or he/she just used the spirits' power to find a way to make humans into spirits) So if all spirits after the first cease to exist, Kotori and Miku would go on as if spirits had never come into their lives.
Old 2013-05-26, 21:03   Link #2940
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Quote:
I'm not saying she's evil, in fact I'm saying the opposite. (sort of)

She was angry at Phantom for seeing that she has some good in her at the end of volume 4, because she doesn't want anybody to know. Undoubtedly we'll get some background on her and ellaboration on this at some point, but my bet is that either she's been through some rough stuff in her past or she's angry over how groups like the AST have treated her kind. So she perceives kindness as weakness, but she hasn't gotten rid of it completely.
Actually that's what I meant, although the way I worded it may have it come across in a slightly misinterpreted way. I did say "she might seem evil" but that didn't necessarily indicate I thought she was.

Perhaps all the times that she's encountered the AST all these years may have ended up in her getting killed almost every time. This could have been the reason to her current personality, as well as her killing over 10,000 people. Since she was indiscriminately being killed over and over, she must have figured that killing humans in retaliation would be a justified thing. Then again, with the way her powers work she's able to reverse her own "time", yet retain memories of what actually happened. That would have broken her many times over.

As of later volumes there are indications that she has taken a liking to Shidou (perhaps, not yet in a romantic way), largely due to his kindness.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy