AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-31, 13:13   Link #12821
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
There is no incest in the story,only overtones, Miyuki is the only one who wants an incestuous relationship too. Unless I see Tatsuya and Miyuki kiss or something, I will never consider it as a series with incest.
It's like incest teasing. Not technically incest, but it teases at the possibility a lot.
Old 2014-03-31, 13:40   Link #12822
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
It's like incest teasing. Not technically incest, but it teases at the possibility a lot.
So basically it's ship tease and Tatsuya got a lot of ship tease with other female characters. Saying that it's incest because Miyuki is his sister is wrong.
Old 2014-03-31, 14:57   Link #12823
Galacticichi

Quote:
So basically it's ship tease and Tatsuya got a lot of ship tease with other female characters. Saying that it's incest because Miyuki is his sister is wrong.
I didn't know how else to phrase it but ship tease would be the correct phrase rather than slight incest.
It's there and unfortunately people will misconceive this as another incest light novel adaption. Truly a shame.
Old 2014-03-31, 15:17   Link #12824
anonfr

Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galacticichi View Post
I didn't know how else to phrase it but ship tease would be the correct phrase rather than slight incest.
It's there and unfortunately people will misconceive this as another incest light novel adaption. Truly a shame.
Yes!

I agree with you both! Consensus reached. It's an incest ship tease. Not actual incest. Like the first 11 volumes of Oreimo! (Sorry, had too)

Though I'd like to get some statistics in. How many series that ship tease incest as an OTP end in actual incest? I feel like its a lot more than it should be, as well as most of the incest series I can think of generally.

Ultraviolet is good at this sort of statistics right? Where is he... I SUMMON THEE
Old 2014-03-31, 18:51   Link #12825
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
There is no incest in the story,only overtones, Miyuki is the only one who wants an incestuous relationship too. Unless I see Tatsuya and Miyuki kiss or something, I will never consider it as a series with incest.
Well, there was that Halloween party side story where the two of them almost kissed and the resulting awkwardness (on BOTH side mind you, even Tats was embarrassed) made everyone around them (ie, Honoka, Erika, Leo and others they hang out with) thought they snuck out of the party and went all the way
Old 2014-03-31, 19:35   Link #12826
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Yes.

Yes!

I agree with you both! Consensus reached. It's an incest ship tease. Not actual incest. Like the first 11 volumes of Oreimo! (Sorry, had too)

Though I'd like to get some statistics in. How many series that ship tease incest as an OTP end in actual incest? I feel like its a lot more than it should be, as well as most of the incest series I can think of generally.

Ultraviolet is good at this sort of statistics right? Where is he... I SUMMON THEE
I'll summon him for you!

If people question that this is incest just tell them this:

ErikaXTatsuya is OTP!
Miyuki is just an extra!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-03-31, 19:38   Link #12827
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
I'll summon him for you!

ErikaXTatsuya is OTP!
Miyuki is just an extra!

No, Erika is just the extra. She's got no chance. None.

I'm also taking your words as a Declaration of War.
Old 2014-03-31, 19:52   Link #12828
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
uhm I will join too, Miyuki is the lead female
Old 2014-03-31, 19:59   Link #12829
TonyC1994
Unknown

Oh this is about to get good.

*grabs popcorn*
Old 2014-03-31, 20:18   Link #12830
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
I'll summon him for you!

ErikaXTatsuya is OTP!
Miyuki is just an extra!
Well if I just said that, then I'd be lying.

Whether or not this is incest sort of depends on perspective. for you, the chances of the Miyuki ending is probably very low, maybe zero. Others it's around 30%, some people have it higher. Lucarion has the Miyuki ending at 100% confirmed (He's kind of your anti-thesis)

So whether or not it's incest is up to the reader.

But it's not technically incest yet.
Old 2014-03-31, 20:22   Link #12831
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:

Whether or not this is incest sort of depends on perspective. for you, the chances of the Miyuki ending is probably very low, maybe zero. Others it's around 30%, some people have it higher. Lucarion has the Miyuki ending at 100% confirmed (He's kind of your anti-thesis)

Out of curiousity, what kind of ending are you expecting.
I'm predicting a TatsuyaXNoone ending, atleast romantically...
Old 2014-03-31, 20:22   Link #12832
fujin of shadows

Quote:

I disgaree, I am with Lucation....Tatsuya and Miyuki ending up together has the highest probability.......They are mutually attracted to each other, though it is very subtle in Tatsuya's part, and they are extremely devoted to each other.
Old 2014-03-31, 20:25   Link #12833
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
I disgaree, I am with Lucation....Tatsuya and Miyuki ending up together has the highest probability.......They are mutually attracted to each other, though it is very subtle in Tatsuya's part, and they are extremely devoted to each other.
There's nothing to disagree with. My words make up a pie chart. How you gonna disagree with arranged statistics?

You fall into the people that "Believe TatsuyaXMiyuki has a likelihood of 80% and up category.

That is your place in this world. Are you happy you found it?
Old 2014-03-31, 20:33   Link #12834
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC1994 View Post
I'd be on anonfr's 80% category...

If Shiva wasn't married to the freaking Snow Goddess. I don't how much more obvious they can get with this.
Old 2014-03-31, 20:35   Link #12835
fujin of shadows

Quote:
There's nothing to disagree with. My words make up a pie chart. How you gonna disagree with arranged statistics?

You fall into the people that "Believe TatsuyaXMiyuki has a likelihood of 80% and up category.

That is your place in this world. Are you happy you found it?
Yes I do........

At least a good portion of the story is about the development of Tatsuya and Miyuki's relationship...
Old 2014-03-31, 20:41   Link #12836
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
I'd be on anonfr's 80% category...

If Shiva wasn't married to the freaking Snow Goddess. I don't how much more obvious they can get with this.
But, would the author be willing to cross that boundary? I've noticed that it is usually fine if it is only hinted at in a series(harems usually).

Take Oreimo for example, I thought it was pretty obvious what direction the author was headed in the beginning, but people started becoming restless near the end of the series once incest became the main theme.
Old 2014-03-31, 20:49   Link #12837
hakazee

Quote:
Good prediction. That's the most realistic ending so far.

Quote:
But, would the author be willing to cross that boundary? I've noticed that it is usually fine if it is only hinted at in a series(harems usually).

Take Oreimo for example, I thought it was pretty obvious what direction the author was headed in the beginning, but people started becoming restless near the end of the series once incest became the main theme.
Dengeki forbid "incest" ending. That's why oreimo ended like that.
Oreimo's main genre is romance.
Mahouka.... Emm action sci-fi maybe ?

Yeah I don't care if Tatsuya ended up alone.
Old 2014-03-31, 20:58   Link #12838
anonfr

Quote:
Ah I missed this. I actually have a really hard time with this. Initially I shipped Mayumi, but overtime warmed up to Miyuki's ship. Also I've had some private conversations with Lucarion that make Miyuki's ship sound really compelling.

I guess for right now I'm also TatsuyaXnoone by way of indecisiveness and the fact is, until Tatsuya can get more emotional development I just can't buy him being with anyone.

Quote:

This is also my second point. For me to fully 100% support Miyuki from the bottom of my heart the author needs to work around them being siblings somehow. No matter how stupid of me it sounds, if the author makes it happen I'll jump on board that ship 100% but until then I can't make up my mind.
Old 2014-03-31, 21:01   Link #12839
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Ah I missed this. I actually have a really hard time with this. Initially I shipped Mayumi, but overtime warmed up to Miyuki's ship. Also I've had some private conversations with Lucarion that make Miyuki's ship sound really compelling.

I guess for right now I'm also TatsuyaXnoone by way of indecisiveness and the fact is, until Tatsuya can get more emotional development I just can't buy him being with anyone.

This is also my second point. For me to fully 100% support Miyuki from the bottom of my heart the author needs to work around them being siblings somehow. No matter how stupid of me it sounds, if the author makes it happen I'll jump on board that ship 100% but until then I can't make up my mind.
I think the author would be able to go around them being siblings....I think someone in the thread had said and hinted that the author had a way to go around that...

Also, from the way the author developed Tatsuya and Miyuki's relationship, he would shoot himself on the foot if the two do not end up together.
Old 2014-03-31, 21:08   Link #12840
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:

Agreed, in my perspective, romance has always been kind of a sub category in this series. The way I see it, if he had to end up with someone it would be Miyuki but not out of romance, more like very close inseparable bond.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings