AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Isolation (Volume 23) Rating
Perfect 10 14 56.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 16.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 8.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-09-07, 15:17   Link #401
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosum View Post
Speaking about Miyuki exsistence, i belive her 'Ice Magic' is not Yotsuba special family signature (mental interference and decomposition) and in this case it probably come from someone else dna who have ice magic capability (this make me remember Kira and Cagali from SEED). That would be interesting if this true
Yotsuba have no set inherent magic. They are one of 2 types instead. Those with strong mental interference magic (Miyuki and Miya) and those with powerful inborn abilities (Tatsuya and Maya). There are no family signature magics like the Rupture magic of the Ichijou that are inherent among the Yotsuba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deus-misereatur View Post
Hmm, why does it seem to me that everyone seems to be exaggerating Miyuki's influence over Tatsuya and his actions?
It's not exaggerating. Tatsuya's only strong emotion is his love for his sister. It is the one thing he would never betray. There was never going to be anyone besides Miyuki who would be the next heir to the Yotsuba despite multiple candidates. They needed her in that position because it was the only way to control Tatsuya. Frankly if Miyuki was to die, Tatsuya would end the world in grief.
Old 2017-09-07, 16:58   Link #402
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Originally Posted by deus-misereatur View Post
The way I see it, ignorance is not an excuse, especially not, according to the spoilers above, after Tatsuya tried explaining his stand on the project.
You summarize well what I meant to say

Tatsuya explained his reasoning, but instead of asking whether he could elaborate, they were pushing their opinion, by thinking that their opinion was for Tatsuya's well-being.
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 18:52   Link #403
deus-misereatur

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon
It's not exaggerating. Tatsuya's only strong emotion is his love for his sister. It is the one thing he would never betray. There was never going to be anyone besides Miyuki who would be the next heir to the Yotsuba despite multiple candidates. They needed her in that position because it was the only way to control Tatsuya. Frankly if Miyuki was to die, Tatsuya would end the world in grief.
Sorry, but to me it becomes over-exaggeration when people seem to think that aside from Miyuki, Tatsuya becomes this mindless, thoughtless zombie. While it is true that Tatsuya's strongest emotion is that for his sister, it is not his only emotion - a fact people seem to forget. Also, being the one thing he would never betray != being the ONLY thing he lives for.

Ironically, this whole perception that Tatsuya will inevitably end the world in flames when Miyuki dies only really surfaced after the greatest (and craziest, probably) troll in the MKnR-verse, Maya mentioned it in Volume 16. Prior to this, even though we've all read Volume 8's near death scene, the most people thought should Miyuki dies was Tatsuya going on a Roaring Rampage of Revenge at the perpetrators instead of a Woe-is-Me-Let's-Destroy-the-World!Rampage, the former being, in my opinion, more inline with Tatsuya's character.

Interestingly, this overemphasis of Tatsuya's mental well-being resting solely on Miyuki's safety should put most readers (at least, those who subscribe to this fear-mongering, and aren't vengeful and insane mini-Mayas in the making) firmly within the ranks of the Kurobas (or even in support of the DIONE project), moreso since we as the readers are fully aware of exactly what Tatsuya is capable of. How is it responsible to knowingly gamble away the world's safety (and the very existence of all living beings, mind you, unless someone would let me know if Doll Master (spelling?) has already introduced aliens) on the off chance that Tatsuya might die before Miyuki? An interesting point to ponder, I guess.

Last edited by deus-misereatur; 2017-09-08 at 07:09. Reason: For further clarification.
deus-misereatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 10:23   Link #404
zezegui222
A simple man

Just a curiosity I was reading.
The Japanese Army is using Tatsuya to recruiting young people

Man, I'm feeling like seeing the Uncle Sam with a text "Onii-sama wants you"
zezegui222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 21:08   Link #405
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by zezegui222 View Post
Just a curiosity I was reading.
The Japanese Army is using Tatsuya to recruiting young people

Man, I'm feeling like seeing the Uncle Sam with a text "Onii-sama wants you"
I find it ironic.

A world where Magicians are feared as powerful weapons, and Tatsuya refuses the DIONE project because he doesn't want to be a tool. And Tatsuya's role in the military during scorched Halloween being the cause of Magicians being in a negative light now.
Tatsuya even create a ESCAPE project to help magicians become more than weapons.

And they use him as a poster boy to enlist soldiers? Pretty odd.
Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 21:31   Link #406
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice View Post
I find it ironic.

A world where Magicians are feared as powerful weapons, and Tatsuya refuses the DIONE project because he doesn't want to be a tool. And Tatsuya's role in the military during scorched Halloween being the cause of Magicians being in a negative light now.
Tatsuya even create a ESCAPE project to help magicians become more than weapons.

And they use him as a poster boy to enlist soldiers? Pretty odd.
They're using him for meme value, not for what actually happens.
Oniisama is a good meme for basically Japanese Jesus.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 06:10   Link #407
Plumme
Bla Bla Bla

Location: Big green house at the skirt of a town/near a forest, with bonzai trees displayed all over the front
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
They're using him for meme value, not for what actually happens.
Oniisama is a good meme for basically Japanese Jesus.
YOU MEAN IN REAL LIFE??!! AS IN RIGHT NOW RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT??!! ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Japan can never be separated from anime forever if even armies use anime
Its like korea using kpop idols lmao
Plumme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 06:22   Link #408
zezegui222
A simple man

In the article i was reading [Tatsuya in Army advertising], has this information too:

"This was not the first time they used anything of the sort in this advertising business, Ibaraki prefecture and Okayama province have already used female characters from the 2D world in these ads, which has miraculously provided a 20% increase in the recruitment rate these places."

But I think if they use girls like Rias with army clothing, the increase will be greater.
zezegui222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 22:05   Link #409
reinastar
Corrupted Yandere ~^_^~

I still hope Miyuki sama died by the people from japan and the world so we can see our beloved nii sama goes haywire tee hee~

though that scenario won't happen nii sama and nee sama ~
Old 2017-09-13, 17:52   Link #410
techroses

Maybe I didn't catch but is there any information about volume 24?
techroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-18, 06:18   Link #411
Lossy

There hasn't been an announcement on it yet.
Lossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-18, 09:19   Link #412
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by techroses View Post
Its called Escape
Old 2017-10-27, 01:30   Link #413
Crazy Frog
Dead People

Quote:
Originally Posted by techroses View Post
Probably will announce around december
Old 2017-10-28, 06:29   Link #414
Blakegriffin89

Dengeki Bunko will announce the LN volumes that will be released in January sometime around Nov. 10th. So we'll be able to see if Vol. 24 will be released in January or not in about 2 weeks.
Blakegriffin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 07:05   Link #415
tuckersister

Is Vol 24 coming out soon?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-10, 03:38   Link #416
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Is Vol 24 coming out soon?
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTKB4GLVAAAFM8F.jpgrig

March 10
Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-10, 07:14   Link #417
AP24

Synopsis for Vol 24 is out.

http://dengekibunko.jp/newreleases/978-4-04-893686-6/

The next arc will be more than one volume.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-10, 17:00   Link #418
RED IV

Anyone bought the illustration book?
RED IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-11, 08:37   Link #419
NeutralZero

So what does the synopsis say?
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 15:27   Link #420
guestuser

You know their is one more option that no one seem to be talking about in this volume and that is making Tatsuya one of the Thirteen Apostles.

I mean if Tatsuya was reveal to be Japan second SCM and the one that cause Scorch Halloween.

The Japanese government will do whatever it take to make him stay even if they have to go against the USNA and their own people.

Japan right now only has two SCM, but with only Tatsuya they were able repel one of the world four superpowers like The Great Asian Alliance and even destroy their entire fleet with little to no loses.

Seriously by making Tatsuya the guardian of japan(at least in appearance)they can even elevate Japan to be the fifth Superpower in the world.

Which mean his military value alone is far to high to give up for this project that is no different than banishing one of their most prize magician just to appease the populace anger.

Instead I willing to wager that in order to protect Tatsuya they would rather give up their other SCM instead even if that angers the rest of the other Ten Master Clan.

Since at this point, isn't the Ten Master Clan system just obsolete?

With Tatsuya, Miyuki, and Maya as the core of the Yotsuba.

The others clans simply aren't able to compete against them anymore.

So by become one of the thirteen apostles Tatsuya may have to give up his freedom, but he would not be banished into space for eternity.

He may lose his freedom at the moment, but as long as he remain on earth their is always time to get it back later on and still spend his time with Miyuki.

The only problem he may have to deal with is isolation from normal society until everything cools down and constant assassination threats, which I am sure would be less troublesome than going against the world with no place in the world for him to hide.
guestuser is offline   Reply With Quote