AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-26, 10:08   Link #841
Tri-ring

Just finished watching the final episode.

Interesting to say the least with everything planned by Minaka to the end with one little extra surprise bestowed by Matsu as a farewell gift to Minaka.

Spoiler for One last surprise:
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 21:45   Link #842
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 08:48   Link #843
Irie

I won't give a complete opinion until the subs are out but my initial impression was the ending lacked any real drama. It felt really dull.
Spoiler for Minato:
It was an enjoyable season overall but seems to lack a good ending point since the source material is just building towards the final stage. I see no way they can't have a third season once the manga is done.
Old 2010-09-27, 14:28   Link #844
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Definitely going to be a 3rd season given all the Stage 3 stuff going on (besides the most obviously "The 3rd Stage has begun to move", lol. Several showings of the Jinki, and the "To Be Continued" too.

Spoiler for manga spoiler:
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 17:51   Link #845
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Can't wait for season 3, It's going to be a long while im guessing though x.x they need the manga to catch back up to speed.

Better get some Miya action next season though ^^
Old 2010-09-27, 18:05   Link #846
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

The show ended pretty solid despite all of the AO materiel.

but season 1 still tops this season.

3/5
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 18:45   Link #847
Johnny
Working the bags...

Dammit!!!! I was hoping Karasuba would have killed or at least seriously injured that useless pathetic meat bag Minato. All he has done for two seasons is yelled his Sekirei's names, cried, and or fell down while crying. It's like his character growth is stuck in infancy mode. Not like I'm asking for him to be turned into some Gary Stu, but give me something else so I can stop calling him a big pussy...

All in all not a bad season, but I prefer first season over this one...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 20:29   Link #848
Qikz

Pretty damn good show. Looking forward to Season 3 whenever it happens now.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 20:49   Link #849
Dralha

S2 was quite good, except...

Spoiler for Final thoughts:
Old 2010-09-27, 21:48   Link #850
Simonsy

haven't gotten around to watching this yet, was going to wait till dvd's to watch

but question since the season is over now. did they screw up from the manga? is it still able to follow the manga or did the series become it own story? and won't be following manga anymore?
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 21:51   Link #851
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

God only knows why they deviated near the end this time around since some of it will merely interfere with some things later that do involve Uzume and that will force them to take more anime-only turns.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 22:02   Link #852
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dralha View Post
S2 was quite good, except...

Spoiler for Final thoughts:
I was Karasuba to get her ass kicked too.

Except that having someone that I also dislike like Musubi would take away from the "fuck yeah"-ness of it all.

That's why somebody needs to finish off the winner.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 22:41   Link #853
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

7/10 for pure engagement. Cliche with some eyecandy. Story that could of had more potential.

I'll just wait for another season to turn up. But, that's if they decide to do so.
Pocky Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 01:41   Link #854
molitar

Wonder how long it will take for Minaka to realize the Jinki has been switched for a fake? At least Minato shielded Musubi with his body willing to die to protect her. But really what more can he do the Sekirei are super strong, fast, and well trained for battle. As a human you can't do much to help them and I think that is why he is so pitiful he realizes their is nothing he could do for them and it hurts him knowing that. Well maybe with the voice telling him to trust in the bond he will realize that their is something more he can do by the bond between them. So hopefully we will see some growth in that aspect in Season 3.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 05:46   Link #855
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
God only knows why they deviated near the end this time around since some of it will merely interfere with some things later that do involve Uzume and that will force them to take more anime-only turns.
I'm not following the manga, but what I understood as a deviation from it, was for me the only interesting part of both seasons. If it was not for the ecchi, I doubt anyone would stick with Sekirei for its action or plot
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 09:11   Link #856
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I agree for Minato . He have to learn from Seo ...

Anyway not great not bad either , give it 7/10 . Hope that they'll show more development for the other Ashikabi .

PS : how did they were still alive after the tower's destruction , oh well .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 09:49   Link #857
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
I was Karasuba to get her ass kicked too.

Except that having someone that I also dislike like Musubi would take away from the "fuck yeah"-ness of it all.

That's why somebody needs to finish off the winner.
Would like Karasuba to get owned, but just not sure if anyone other than Minato's group can pull it off. It really would take something away for Minato to be the winner....Yeah just need someone waiting in the wings to own whoever manages to survive .

Well at least Chiho is alright and Minaka got taken for a ride he didn't expect. Too bad Matsu didn't have the time to change it so that Minaka got fired into the damn sun!
Old 2010-09-28, 15:56   Link #858
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Would like Karasuba to get owned, but just not sure if anyone other than Minato's group can pull it off. It really would take something away for Minato to be the winner....Yeah just need someone waiting in the wings to own whoever manages to survive .

Well at least Chiho is alright and Minaka got taken for a ride he didn't expect. Too bad Matsu didn't have the time to change it so that Minaka got fired into the damn sun!
Personally, I prefer for Karasuba to stay an unstoppable deadly force of nature. It's too soon for her to lose. (Also, whatever happened to "Sekirei fights are one-on-one"?)

I don't really like the AO stuff. In the manga, there was always a sense that there was a method to Minaka's madness. It's pretty much lost here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Wonder how long it will take for Minaka to realize the Jinki has been switched for a fake?
It hasn't. There are several of them.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 16:05   Link #859
ShiroiRyu

Same like Anh Minh : Karasuba is like a mid-final boss.
She is not the final enemy they will fight but she can't be defeated now.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 04:33   Link #860
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

I was hoping no. 01 will show up when Musubi and Karasuba was fighting..
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, seinen