AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-06, 14:17   Link #1701
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
At end of the 23th episode, there was amazing track playing right in the end.. Does anyone know what the track name is ? I downloaded the OST but it's not there O_o.
Old 2009-09-06, 16:45   Link #1702
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Man just when you though that Cal couldn't get any crazier, she did. In a way is kind of sad how low she has fallen. You can clearly tell she is in denial, I don't think even she herself knows what she wants. At times she makes you feel she wants revenge and kill Reiji, at other times it feels that she wants Reiji back and she wishes to be by her side, and at other times it feels like she is jealous of other girls and just wants to get rid of them so they don't get close to Reiji.

At this point I don't think that Cal will have a happy ending, to be honest I don't even know what to think anymore, I guess this shows how great and entertaining this adaptation has been.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 22:03   Link #1703
daimonth
Kohaku Law Firm

Props to Sawashiro for doing such an excellent job this episode. She was awesome in delivering the emotions that were hidden underneath the surface of anger and sadism, well done.
daimonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 22:45   Link #1704
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySoldier37 View Post

At this point I don't think that Cal will have a happy ending, to be honest I don't even know what to think anymore, I guess this shows how great and entertaining this adaptation has been.
She is proudly waving a death flag imo.

Old 2009-09-06, 23:13   Link #1705
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Also liked the music nearing the end of the episode.

And yeah, Cal's wicked smile at the preview.

PS: Am I still the only one mourning Claudia's death since she was voiced by Aya Hisakawa, who gives her a hot appearance. Though I didn't like her partly for "doing it" with Godo, even though it's to back her up in Inferno.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 00:42   Link #1706
feRfe

Quote:
Man just when you though that Cal couldn't get any crazier, she did. In a way is kind of sad how low she has fallen. You can clearly tell she is in denial, I don't think even she herself knows what she wants. At times she makes you feel she wants revenge and kill Reiji, at other times it feels that she wants Reiji back and she wishes to be by her side, and at other times it feels like she is jealous of other girls and just wants to get rid of them so they don't get close to Reiji.

how do you even think to say the word happy ending in this anime

dunno..

i say the three fight at the end with reiji getting caught up in the middle cause he wants them both alive, then the two girls die somehow maybe by shots from inferno, reiji kills scythe then himself the end

hmmmm maybe scythe's minions come and they fight together for awhile but cal finds a chance to shoot ein and some crazy shit happens then reiji kills scythe then himself

tragedy is tragic
feRfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 01:16   Link #1707
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Well, I don't want to see another Gungrave, with an open ending left for the viewers to decide.
Old 2009-09-07, 03:10   Link #1708
klare

Cal... she went so far to such an extent that she is heading towards a tragic ending

Ein... i feel she is less important to the story now as mentioned by mei19, she did not even live for herself, she is much more interesting when she was a loyal and emotionless assassin

Lizzie... she should not try to stop Cal if she is not prepare to shoot, Cal does not listen to anyone anymore, i wonder did she die regreting killing her best friend

the way this story is now, i believe there will be no happy ending

my prediction on ending: only Reiji and Mio survive, Inferno continues
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 07:42   Link #1709
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Also liked the music nearing the end of the episode.

And yeah, Cal's wicked smile at the preview.

PS: Am I still the only one mourning Claudia's death since she was voiced by Aya Hisakawa, who gives her a hot appearance. Though I didn't like her partly for "doing it" with Godo, even though it's to back her up in Inferno.
The music from the beginning to end is awesome. They've really stepped it up a notch.

And I miss Claudia too. And agree with you on the Godoh event, broke my heart.
Old 2009-09-07, 13:34   Link #1710
Ghostfriendly

Quote:

Cal definately has conflicted feelings, but she's been presented as so destructive and nasty, I can't see her walking off with Reiji in the end. Of course Elen was talking about 'Meeting God soon enough' in ep20, so I wouldn't feel blindsided if she died, but starting and finishing the story with her and Reiji would give a thread of continuity that anime series need, moreso than visual novels.

Some posters who know the video game have alluded to the large number of events necessary before Elen's ending. Has the series done much in the way of cutting or contracting video game content up to this point?

Really like it when anime characters start suspecting there is a God out there, incidently. Elen's definately found something in the two year time skip, and Lizzie did have that cross the whole time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klare
Lizzie... she should not try to stop Cal if she is not prepare to shoot, Cal does not listen to anyone anymore, i wonder did she die regreting killing her best friend
I guess she couldn't abandon Cal without trying to stop her from going against Inferno. Seems like she takes her job seriously too. She'd be very sad about shooting Claudia, but I don't think she'd regret it, since it had to be done. Miss her (Lizzie).
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 18:32   Link #1711
molitar

Cal's become a total nut job. She's insane and deranged as well as a sicko. She even has to drag innocent people into the conflict. The world will be a better place with a nut job like her dead. Reiji tried never to drag innocent people into the conflict and avoided killing innocents but Cal it's like she has even forgotten about the one she called sister that died from an assassin and she has become the type of assassin that cares for no one.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 02:15   Link #1712
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Cal's become a total nut job. She's insane and deranged as well as a sicko. She even has to drag innocent people into the conflict. The world will be a better place with a nut job like her dead. Reiji tried never to drag innocent people into the conflict and avoided killing innocents but Cal it's like she has even forgotten about the one she called sister that died from an assassin and she has become the type of assassin that cares for no one.
yeah she simply became someone she hated without realising it
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 03:14   Link #1713
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Well, it was actually our hero pair of Elen and Reiji who dragged Mio into this, not Cal. Don't forget, it was THEM who blackmailed the Godoh Group to get Cal out of their fur. Yes, they might not have intended to follow up on their "or else" clause, since it was a bluff, but for Cal, it is just more proof that Reiji is a disgusting coward trying to use every female getting close to him. So, the blame to drag innocents into the conflict lies on Elen/Reiji.

It's rather that Cal knew Reiji well enough that he wouldn't actually harm Mio, so she turned the tables this way. It's not in her interest to harm or even kill Mio, it's rather that he wants to use her as a means to chain down Reiji, preventing him from simply running away (like he wanted to use her as a means to keel Cal away from him). And don't read into the preview scenes between Cal and Mio too much - they need to be taken in context.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 06:27   Link #1714
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Well, it was actually our hero pair of Elen and Reiji who dragged Mio into this, not Cal. Don't forget, it was THEM who blackmailed the Godoh Group to get Cal out of their fur. Yes, they might not have intended to follow up on their "or else" clause, since it was a bluff, but for Cal, it is just more proof that Reiji is a disgusting coward trying to use every female getting close to him. So, the blame to drag innocents into the conflict lies on Elen/Reiji.
*nods*

It was no coincidence that they chose the town and school where Mio lives and attends. Although I don't think Reiji or Elen like what they have to do, use Mio, but you do what you have to in order to survive. It was a good plan except that Cal is a loose canon that isn't chained down by Scythe or Inferno.
Old 2009-09-08, 07:17   Link #1715
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:

It's rather that Cal knew Reiji well enough that he wouldn't actually harm Mio, so she turned the tables this way. It's not in her interest to harm or even kill Mio, it's rather that he wants to use her as a means to chain down Reiji, preventing him from simply running away (like he wanted to use her as a means to keel Cal away from him). And don't read into the preview scenes between Cal and Mio too much - they need to be taken in context.

They were using any means necessary to stay ahead of Inferno, including using Mio. Something they already said they would do.
Old 2009-09-08, 07:30   Link #1716
Mentar
Banned

Well yes, sure. Just answering to molitar, who was mad at Cal to involve civilians. Just pointing out that it was actually the Elen/Reiji pair who did that first.
Old 2009-09-08, 10:40   Link #1717
molitar

Quote:
Well yes, sure. Just answering to molitar, who was mad at Cal to involve civilians. Just pointing out that it was actually the Elen/Reiji pair who did that first.
Yeah but Elen/Reiji did it in a way that avoided exposing her to the truth. Kept her innocent of what was going on. They do what they have to to survive but they still try to avoid letting the innocent know the truth. But Cal comes right out and tries to totally destroy any life she has by exposing everything to her. Cal could of done it like a kidnapping for ransom since they had money. she could of done it many ways but instead she comes right out and purposely tries to destroy her life. Cal has become one sick twisted person who reminds me of the insanity of the Joker and his twisted hell-bent revenge on Batman. Cal also does not care who else gets involved just like the Joker and to her the more the better. She loves killing people.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 11:05   Link #1718
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Yeah but Elen/Reiji did it in a way that avoided exposing her to the truth. Kept her innocent of what was going on. They do what they have to to survive but they still try to avoid letting the innocent know the truth.
IMO, it is better for her to know the truth. Living in dreams is nice and all, but this probably won't be the first time that someone will want to use her (if Scyhte found out about her, someone else might as well). Knowing that there are enemies can prove helpful later on.
Old 2009-09-08, 11:10   Link #1719
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Yeah but Elen/Reiji did it in a way that avoided exposing her to the truth. Kept her innocent of what was going on. They do what they have to to survive but they still try to avoid letting the innocent know the truth. But Cal comes right out and tries to totally destroy any life she has by exposing everything to her.
The knowledge alone won't destroy her. The point of separating Mio from the Godoh Group is to make sure she is not targeted by other criminal organizations, and to enable her to live a peaceful life. The rest of the world still doesn't know who Mio really is, so this protection still holds.

It was Mio herself who demanded to know what was going on. It was also Mio who didn't believe that Cal was Reiji's ex - THAT was what prompted Cal to tell her the truth, she was about to leave without this. So yeah, Cal told her the truth, on Mio's request, proving that she knew very well what she was talking about. Not to screw Mio's life over, like you interpret it.

Quote:
Cal could of done it like a kidnapping for ransom since they had money. she could of done it many ways but instead she comes right out and purposely tries to destroy her life. Cal has become one sick twisted person who reminds me of the insanity of the Joker and his twisted hell-bent revenge on Batman. Cal also does not care who else gets involved just like the Joker and to her the more the better. She loves killing people.
Mhhh... I'd say let's postpone this discussion until after the next episode, okay? We'll come back to it then. Because episode 24 will answer alot of questions.
Old 2009-09-08, 18:55   Link #1720
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Uh someone mentioned about Reiji and Elen choosing that school for a specific reason. I don't think you can throw Reiji into that, he sincerely did not know. Elen was the one who explained AFTER he met with Cal...
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen