AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 12 15.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 12.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 31.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 25.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 11.25%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.50%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-22, 21:28   Link #121
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

From what I've seen in the LN spoilers, the fight between Rin and Ichika is going to be interesting.
Old 2011-01-22, 22:05   Link #122
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Yup, it'll be quite a fight.

Anyway, Cecilia's little switch does seem rather quick, but then she wants him, so there's no sense in straggling. It's interesting in that way.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-01-22, 23:38   Link #123
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Coming from my speculations of Cecilia's turn. She had the royal attitude at the first episode and the second episode towards people she deemed "lower then her". After the fight and the near fact she almost lost, she saw him more then a mere "peasant" and actually thinks he is worthy for her. So she is slowly trying to seduce him with her kind personality.

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-01-23 at 00:07.
Old 2011-01-23, 01:34   Link #124
canza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Coming from my speculations of Cecilia's turn. She had the royal attitude at the first episode and the second episode towards people she deemed "lower then her". After the fight and the near fact she almost lost, she saw him more then a mere "peasant" and actually thinks he is worthy for her. So she is slowly trying to seduce him with her kind personality.

Even if she changed a bit too quick, I still think she is the best girl, and I will stick to it, even if new girls come along. Cecilia Alcott is the best!
Old 2011-01-23, 01:44   Link #125
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
THey should have at least gave her a bit of transition....unless that shower scene in Ep 2 was it.
Old 2011-01-23, 03:43   Link #126
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
THey should have at least gave her a bit of transition....unless that shower scene in Ep 2 was it.
Bingo, the transition was the shower scene basically with her expression then.
Old 2011-01-23, 12:09   Link #127
Shyne

It was an okay episode, but it does seem kind of rushed, but I like the ending of the episode with the fight about to happen but it does seem kind of predictable right now. Hope that will change.

Old 2011-01-23, 18:38   Link #128
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Another very good episode 9/10
Houki and Cecil start competing over Ichika, then Rin'in joins the fray as a second childhood friend - with Houki being proud that she's the first childhood friend
Rin'in can hold her own pretty well there. It's also interesting to se how Houki got all worked up about having to share a room with Ichika in the beginning, but now persistently refused to move out of it and switch places with Rin'in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
can anyone make a bust size comparison?!
while on that swimsuit carapace (most power armor parts refer to the suit inside as carapace) houki's were BIG...
You can see it somewhat at the training session at the beginning, where they are wearing their classy bodysuit+kneesocks combo
Pikapika-chan is also quite well endowed, while the megane twintail right of her is average.

Better comparison of Houki and Cecil:
(btw, anyone noticed they have different uniforms? Houki has red stripes on black instead of blue stripes, while Cecil has a seablue top and white kneesocks.)

Girls in the uniforms, although not quite as suited for comparison:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
Well Rin is cute but she's not a loli in my point of view. She's from China but isn't very China-like isn't she?
Yes, Rin'in is definitely *not* a loli. Sadly, the "loli" term is ever more inflationary used
Sometimes it's even that bad that it's used for all girls who don't have a D-cup
"Loli" exclusively refers to preteen girls which are *literally* as flat as a wash board!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Not for nothing, but the service was fairly tame. They really could have done more. Like Houki's changing... they could have changed that around and showed us some goods.
Yes, service is very tame indeed. Like you said, not showing us anything when Houki was changing... also, we haven't seen a single panty shot so far
At least that isn't quite as bad with that classy bodysuit+kneesocks combo

Quote:
Speaking of... why is his midriff bare!?
Good question... that does look a bit gay indeed
It's especially wondrous as the girls don't have a bare midriff.
Old 2011-01-23, 19:00   Link #129
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Magazine scans have those two pretty much on par with each other.

And Rin-chan's suit looks even more different than the others.

Cecilia has light blue socks (unless I'm color-blind).

And anyone else feel that Ichika got shafted on his IS? Even though it is a personal unit, it lacks the type of equipment("cool-factor") the others have.
Old 2011-01-23, 19:40   Link #130
akei1
nani?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
And anyone else feel that Ichika got shafted on his IS? Even though it is a personal unit, it lacks the type of equipment("cool-factor") the others have.
I guess he sacrifices equipment for more mobility. His shoulder armaments are just more powerful wings. It would be nice to add boosters to them or attach twin GN drives lol
Old 2011-01-23, 20:50   Link #131
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Good question... that does look a bit gay indeed
Well, they've got to give Cecilia something to look at!

Quote:
It's especially wondrous as the girls don't have a bare midriff.
Considering that the girls are (for all intents and purposes) wearing a school swimsuit... ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Old 2011-01-23, 21:24   Link #132
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
This is true in many ways since he is the only male that is extremely popular. Why not give him something for all the fangirls to sight-see
Old 2011-01-23, 23:33   Link #133
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Considering that the girls are (for all intents and purposes) wearing a school swimsuit... ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Exactly. I think I'd make a bigger deal out of them having a bare midriff than him.

School swimsuit with knee highs.. *dies*
Old 2011-01-24, 01:56   Link #134
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
I wonder if I am the only one rooting for Rin to kick Ichika's tail.

Thouh I ended really liking her. She is both composed and cute. She also has a girly side to her. I was in the houki camp until she started getting heated over trivial things.
Old 2011-01-24, 03:48   Link #135
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post

According to those pics, Pikacho girl actually has a relatively nicely sized rack.
Old 2011-01-24, 03:58   Link #136
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Exactly. I think I'd make a bigger deal out of them having a bare midriff than him.

School swimsuit with knee highs.. *dies*
Yeah I know right?
I was like the whole episode.
Old 2011-01-24, 14:36   Link #137
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 3 has some nice humor as Ichika turns out to be the typical oblivious male teenager and i would imagine him to remain as such for the rest of the series. But his harem is growing and that alone shall lead to even more humor.

So with the introduction of Rin we have 3rd contender who's the semi loli type/Childhood friend #2 (shes not a true loli). Then we have Tsundere/1st childhood friend and who can forget our standard blond foreigner. But too me it seems multiple girls might have a thing for Ichika since no one will let the other get too far ahead. But then again he is the only male in the school. A blessing or a curse?

I do feel that Cecil changed her tune pretty quickly after the match. I would have liked a little leading up to it. But she most definitely sees Ichika in a different light. She knows she would have lost the match if Ichika had not used up all his energy. That alone would elevate him from commoner status in her eyes.

Even though Ichika is getting exhausted from his training there is a benefit from having 2 good pilots train him. Hes getting great experience from both in long range and closer quarter combat. Hes a close quarter combat fighter but he does need to learn how to cope with long range attacks a little better. This training is good for him.

Im looking forward to Ichika's fight with Rin. She seems like shes going to make him taste a little pain and it does not look like shes going to be holding back. Although im sure shes a good pilot and her sword skills and reflexes all look top notch. Her personality does nothing for me. Im sticking with Cecil as favorite with Houki in a very very close 2nd.
Old 2011-01-24, 22:47   Link #138
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
They should've batter made him wear short swimming trunks
Then she could've seen a good portion of his ass.
Letting a boy/man wear some belly-exposing top is really pointless, as there's nothing attractive about a boy's belly... it only makes him look slightly gay
Let him wear an ordinary top.

I've removed the pointless bare midriff and redrew one of his legs as to how it should look - it think that should be enough just so you get the idea

Quote:
They could still be wearing one-piece suits with cut-outs that leave some of the stomach area free
I'll think of something there tomorrow.
Old 2011-01-25, 02:10   Link #139
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Loved Rin's background music, nice to see they added a chinese feel to it.

It's kinda funny how it's turned into a foursome but it feels that Cecila is the "outsider" as she's trying to fit in.

When she tries to introduce herself, Rin just shrugs her off stating she's not interested in her.

Then during practice Cecilia just jumps in and Houki acts like she's not even there.

Old 2011-01-25, 19:41   Link #140
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

facial expressions were hilarious this episode. especially when they were in line for lunch.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Closed Thread