AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 46
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 5 17.86%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 7 25.00%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 7 25.00%
7 out of 10: Good... 6 21.43%
6 out of 10: Average... 1 3.57%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 1 3.57%
4 out of 10: Poor... 1 3.57%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-03, 05:05   Link #41
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm not bothered by Kio's actions. I think he'll find a way eventually. I just see his unwillingness to killh is opponents as a weakness for him to overcome, while still being true to himself. I mean it's not like I don't understand his sentiments. He's still a kid, and he's a bit naive, but he has a point about the fact that he's fighting real people. I just hope Seric's words eventually get to him, that he shouldn't forget about protecting himself and his own comrades.

I do think most people can agree on the bit that, although he should stop holding back, he does need to stop Flit's insane ambitions as well.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 05:28   Link #42
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
IT did SEED ep.47-48 in 15 minutes.
That's good, right? I was half-expecting minutes of convincing and dodging on the part of Kio during the battle.
Old 2012-09-03, 07:34   Link #43
EpyonHell

there are single catapult DIVA-class, DIVA-class, and was I mistaken or is there a triple-catapult DIVA-class?
EpyonHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 08:30   Link #44
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Seric just sealed his fate when he confronted Kio and presented a rather logical argument about fighting.

Poor Fram, she wanted more out of her relationship with Zeheart but got subordinate-zoned instead...huge death flag for her either way. If only they'd change the plot from the game a little bit and save her....
Logic and love have no place in a Universe full of Gundams. Leave such things for the dead!

They could still change things, not the first time a game came out before a series was done and had an altered ending and events than what the series settled on.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 08:41   Link #45
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
3. Asemu, well, stop being useless. Your Gundam is by far the best looking MS from AGE yet you keep sucking...

I think his gundam is the one being useless not.him due to its lack of firepower.

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 09:53   Link #46
Destined_Fate

Which is strange that they didn't at least give it a tune up and updated its weaponry to modern times.
Old 2012-09-03, 10:12   Link #47
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

The novel states that the DODS Lancer is more powerful than it looks.
Old 2012-09-03, 14:02   Link #48
Super Pilot Pirate

Yes, and also Asemu's Dark Hound is more of a Melee Mobile Suit. CQC if you will. But the True nature of the DODS Lancer even prove that pirates have that in mind. Pirates are known for Sword with smaller side arms as a secondary weapon. Also it fits Asemu as he's know as the Duel Weilder of the show.

In this Episode of the show, he was fighting and destorying things just in a Close Quarters Combat way.
Super Pilot Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 14:34   Link #49
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

sigh

I really, really tried to give AGE the benefit of the doubt, I tried to like it...However there are just so many little things that when added up take all the enjoyment out of it.

Can someone tell me, exactly what was the point of Zeheart's development in Gen 2? I was hoping to see him develop and be one of the key characters in finding a peaceful conclusion to the war. It was only logical after all the development with Asemu, but no. Turns out he's nothing more than a psychopath with a god complex. I'm not buying that bullshit that it's to show good people can do evil. It comes out of nowhere, and it's a regression of his development.

Then there's Seric. How dare he question Kio's way of fighting?! It's as if they're trying to shove Kio's beliefs down our throats. Screw any reason or logic! Seric is a practical character, he's not necessarily driven by hate like Flit, but he understands that in order to protect his comrades, he has to kill people. He's also the same character who told Kio to stop going after Zeheart because a pilot's job isn't to just kill his enemy, and to go after the bombs. Seric is the voice of reason, and I think he's the character people relate with the most. I don't think I've seen him say or do anything that didn't make complete sense.

Fram oh Fram, the only female character with any sort of relevancy and one of the few vagans that comes across as a sympathetic human being. She should have died like Spriggan, one episode after her introduction, that way they didn't have to waste so much time building her character only to derail it like they've done.

This episode has made something very obvious. There is only one way of thinking and that is Kio's. Period.
Old 2012-09-03, 14:41   Link #50
monster

Quote:
Then there's Seric. How dare he question Kio's way of fighting?! It's as if they're trying to shove Kio's beliefs down our throats. Screw any reason or logic! Seric is a practical character, he's not necessarily driven by hate like Flit, but he understands that in order to protect his comrades, he has to kill people. He's also the same character who told Kio to stop going after Zeheart because a pilot's job isn't to just kill his enemy, and to go after the bombs. Seric is the voice of reason, and I think he's the character people relate with the most. I don't think I've seen him say or do anything that didn't make complete sense.
So, um, do you actually have any problem with Seric's character?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 14:46   Link #51
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Can someone tell me, exactly what was the point of Zeheart's development in Gen 2? I was hoping to see him develop and be one of the key characters in finding a peaceful conclusion to the war. It was only logical after all the development with Asemu, but no. Turns out he's nothing more than a psychopath with a god complex. I'm not buying that bullshit that it's to show good people can do evil. It comes out of nowhere, and it's a regression of his development.
There was no point.

It's just like with most of the girls. They're just there as baby makers. Hell we don't even know what happened to Millaris. The treatment of females in this show is horrible. They're just there.

What was the point of Renai? To show the corruption of the Federation? Oh wait it turns out that the asshole sabotaged her so he could use her as a bargaining chip so the Federation's hands were clean in that point.

Hell what's the whole point with Wendy and Kio's aunt? (Whose name I have forgotten).

Quote:
The funny thing is is that the writers actually put that logic in the show to contest Kio which begs the question where are they going with it? Then they go with Asemu, "Fight for what you believe in."

Seric is correct that top priority is to focus on the big picture and to protect your comrades. Needlessly handicapping yourself in those scenarios isn't just asking to get killed but also endangering your comrades. Also the sooner you finish a battle the less casualties there would be.

The fact is it's bad that Seric is the "Balanced" voice of reason here which Asemu should be. Take Kira for example in SEED, he simply disabled suits but he didn't go out of his way to protect the pilots. He simply took them out of the fight. When it came to dealing with the actual instigators he brought the hammer down on them and all safeties were off by that point.

On that matter though do they actually think the Gundam AGE would sell a lot of kits if they needlessly handicap the protagonists' suit like that?

Quote:
So, um, do you actually have any problem with Seric's character?
I think he was being sarcastic.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 16:42   Link #52
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
sigh

I really, really tried to give AGE the benefit of the doubt, I tried to like it...However there are just so many little things that when added up take all the enjoyment out of it.

Fram oh Fram, the only female character with any sort of relevancy and one of the few vagans that comes across as a sympathetic human being. She should have died like Spriggan, one episode after her introduction, that way they didn't have to waste so much time building her character only to derail it like they've done.

This episode has made something very obvious. There is only one way of thinking and that is Kio's. Period.
Pardon me for asking, but what's with the contradictions? It's hard to tell what it is that you're trying to say exactly.
Old 2012-09-03, 16:47   Link #53
overloard

Poor Fram, being rejected in such way. I wonder if Zeheart did it on purpose or he is just so dense and didn't realize what she wanted from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
There was no point.

It's just like with most of the girls. They're just there as baby makers. Hell we don't even know what happened to Millaris. The treatment of females in this show is horrible. They're just there.

What was the point of Renai? To show the corruption of the Federation? Oh wait it turns out that the asshole sabotaged her so he could use her as a bargaining chip so the Federation's hands were clean in that point.

Hell what's the whole point with Wendy and Kio's aunt? (Whose name I have forgotten).
Spoiler for possible ending spoilers:
overloard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 17:15   Link #54
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Wait he evacuated the soldiers right before the firing?

I was under the impression those dummies were set up at the start of the battle because it's easy to detect any escape pods or ships coming from them.

It just makes sense to do that rather than wasting soldiers on that end.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 17:21   Link #55
overloard

I probably just misused a word. I meant they were empty. It certainly makes sense to do it that way but such trick probably won't work twice
overloard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 00:54   Link #56
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

You know, Zeheart didn't really do a 180, he has been built up as a loyal zealot for quite some time. He always followed Ezelcant's orders, the only special thing for him in Gen 2 was Asemu.

In Gen 3 we have Zeheart again, be the soldier Ezelcant wanted him to be, he lost a few battles, but he was always loyal to Ezelcant, so loyal that he swallowed the true project Eden in a matter of moments, Not to mention you can see how drunk he is on his own power, he finally lost it, he needs to die so he can be redeemed in a newtype flash scene.

Kio refuses to use the burst-mode because .. why? seriously they are handling his character so bad just so he can have that final " hero " snap like Kira did in SEED:<
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 01:23   Link #57
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Kio refuses to use the burst-mode because .. why? seriously they are handling his character so bad just so he can have that final " hero " snap like Kira did in SEED:<
At least Kira didn't snap over a guy's death.
Old 2012-09-04, 01:56   Link #58
Destined_Fate

Maybe they're waiting for Seric to die before Kio gets his ass in gear? Would be a shame since Seric seems like a pretty cool dude. Hopefully he doesn't end up pulling a Mwu.
Old 2012-09-04, 03:24   Link #59
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You mean having his life saved by the enemy and being brainwashed into being a Vagan commander for the sequel?
Old 2012-09-04, 03:25   Link #60
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
At least Kira didn't snap over a guy's death.
We don't know that, according to the spoilers, Kio will snap over Deen's death, which is also silly. I can just imagine that he will turn into the best pilot in the show in a matter of seconds and suddenly he will be the coolest character ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Maybe they're waiting for Seric to die before Kio gets his ass in gear? Would be a shame since Seric seems like a pretty cool dude. Hopefully he doesn't end up pulling a Mwu.
Yeah, or that.

Kio had alot of potential, as seen in early Gen 3, but in my opinion they've handled his character terrible. Instead of showing that he has potential to grow he gets his ass handed too him in several episodes, just to suddenly gain super X-Rounder reaction powers and suddenly, the AGE-3 can't keep up with him anymore.

It feels like such a asspull from the writers, if anything they should've developed Kio's character a bit more, him training (Like Asemu, for example), or slowly learning to pilot better.
Personally i cant get over the fact that he went from decent to bad (but that's fine, he had no experience in space at all) with no training, to suddenly outgrowing the AGE-3 in less than a second while switching from Orbital to Normal gear, To getting the AGE-FX and ... then what?

He goes towards the route of understanding (yes, pardon my choice of words) but refuses to fight as soon as a named character shows up,he doesnt even pull the trigger against Girard, goes emo and doesn't want to come to an understanding with Flit because " He wont listen " to shooting at Zeheart and Fram in this episode.

His character growth doesn't make sense in any way, at all. I know some of you will reply with " He is a kid, that's what kids do " No, it's not, it's just bad writing.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion