AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-04-13, 10:22   Link #961
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Didn't intend to join this thread, but it looks fun since everyone gathers here having at least one Lucky Star's avatar XD.
This is the first time I see an anime that every of its scene being taken like this ^^.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 10:49   Link #962
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Didn't intend to join this thread, but it looks fun since everyone gathers here having at least one Lucky Star's avatar XD.
This is the first time I see an anime that every of its scene being taken like this ^^.
LOL!!! I wished I had that avatar looks creepy...but cute at the same time
I love every bit of Kona-chan~~!!!
Old 2007-04-13, 10:57   Link #963
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
LOL!!! I wished I had that avatar looks creepy...but cute at the same time
I love every bit of Kona-chan~~!!!
I happen to have one from that scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
If so then you haven't come across the experience of Suzumiya Haruhi. That is the only anime I can tell for sure that all of its avatarable has been avatarized ^^
Old 2007-04-13, 11:15   Link #964
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

But it seems Haruhi will step down for now and let Kona-chan take the lead 'cause she's been promoting alot of anime as of late. Haruhi,FSN,Shuffle,Streetfighter...etc
This is one proof that the torch is now passed. God I love parody mag cover of FSN and Lucky Star.
Old 2007-04-13, 11:22   Link #965
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_N View Post
^Hey we're twins .

No biggie; Ep 2 should have more avatar material.
Both posts really look similar.

If I were a half-asleep mod, I would probably delate/merge one thinking you were double posting.

Quote:
About the quality of a.f.k.'s release, let me tell you something: I'm currently studying English translation, and what we've been always told at the Translation subject, is that a translation is not a translation of words, but a translation of content and context.
The told me the same thing. We are probably taking a similar course.
Old 2007-04-13, 11:38   Link #966
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

Seen the pilot episode. It's cute and it's random, as expected. Which isn't exactly a bad thing, IMO. At least I know what to expect every week.

And damn it, I'm now OFFICIALLY addicted to that infamous OP.

Well, I found myself chuckling to some parts, while in most parts I was silent. Either I didn't get the gags or they weren't supposed to be funny yet I was trying to find out the gag itself. Guess I'll watch it again.

I really find the part where Konata was licking the choco cornet VERY CUTE. I love that scene to bits. Sorry, Miyuki, not even your cute clumsy acts got my vote for the cutest scene of the week.
dspr8_rugged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 11:49   Link #967
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Lucky☆Haruhi:

Lucky☆Mikuru, Lucky☆Yuki

Spoiler for Originals:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Well here's something quite shocking...NOT!!!

Lucky☆Akari

Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 11:55   Link #968
Skane
Anime Snark

Seeing those parodies made think of the following.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated into the Borg."

Natch.
Old 2007-04-13, 11:58   Link #969
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Lucky☆Mikuru, Lucky☆Yuki

Spoiler for Originals:
To tell you the truth, I get more Belldandy vibes than Mikuru ones from Miyuki. Then again, I wont deny there's a bit of Mikuru in there as well.

Nice vectors btw. The outlines could have been better, but good work overall.
Old 2007-04-13, 12:12   Link #970
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai the Dreamer View Post
Took the words right out of my mouth.

One thing I'd like to add is that you're probably picturing series the wrong way if you think a studio defines the series' success. KyoAni being the team to produce Lucky Star merely makes it a series with high expectations; it does not necessarily mean Lucky Star will be spectacular, as has been proven by the very mixed responses to the first episode. That is to say though most people are only watching the series because it was produced by Kyoto Animation, they aren't necessarily enjoying the series for that same reason.

But really, chill out - they're just a harmless little anime production studio.
You don't need to tell me twice as the harmless little anime production studio is the view I've held all along (don't know what went on last night with all that nonsense I posted) Try telling that to the bloggers though. Have you, have you ever been on an anime blog Billy. In order to enjoy anime blogs to the fullest it is usually best to discard ones sense of logic and judgement and then go in and read about the series. They also have a habit of being overly defensive and often lash out when their views are questioned on certain matters. I confirmed this for myself yet again today actually on a blog I thought was run by a fairly reasonable person.

Anyway, enough of that.

@Ascaloth: For a second there I though that was about my review of the episode. You can see my answers in the PM I sent you.

About last night, odds are I've just built a bomb shelter for a nuclear strike that is never coming and now I can't get out because the doors stuck.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-04-14 at 05:10. Reason: Change of Views
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 12:53   Link #971
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
...About last night, odds are I've just built a bomb shelter for a nuclear strike that is never coming and now I can't get out because the doors stuck....
Rep to you, Kaioshin. What a wonderful statement. We should all remember not to get stuck in our bomb shelters.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 12:57   Link #972
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Rep to you, Kaioshin. What a wonderful statement. We should all remember not to get stuck in our bomb shelters.
Whoa, thanks. Though I'm not entirely sure I deserve it though, for the circumstances surrounding its coming about, being unpleasant.
Old 2007-04-13, 12:58   Link #973
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

On the others it's either stomping it into the ground or worshipping it because it reminds them of Haruhi or they are loyal to Kyoto Animation.
Because fans of other big studios are more rational, amirite? Know what? I felt the same about Gainax and its rabid fans. But I have decided to ignore the studio, most of its productions and its fanbase, I may miss some things but at least it is healthier for me than moaning about everything. Maybe you should do the same? Or, like some have said, take a chill pill.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 13:10   Link #974
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Stupid people with headbands and banners all thrashing each other over imagined slights and fuzzy thinking about honor or "defending" things as if they were ascended bits of perfection that needed defending at all .....

Time to put that two minute scene of the crowd re-enacting religious history via Brian's shoe on permament loop.... yeesh.
(Life of Brian ref)
Old 2007-04-13, 13:13   Link #975
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

Time to put that two minute scene of the crowd re-enacting religious history via Brian's shoe on permament loop.... yeesh.
(Life of Brian ref)
OMG I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!

Stoning scene and Biggus Dickus are forever burnt in my brain ;___;
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 13:35   Link #976
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
OMG I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!

Stoning scene and Biggus Dickus are forever burnt in my brain ;___;
So you are telling me to always look on the bright side of life then eh. Hmm, the door seems to have opened.

I'd like to retool and reasses my analysis of the characters now:

As of now I think the funniest characters are in order Konata (Crazy Otaku Nutcase with no idea as to how the real world works), Miyuki (Personification of Moe at its most basic elements), Kagami (The voice of reason and arguably the real main character, also a much better Kyon than Kyon ever was).

Spoiler:

Really the characters are like humbler versions of the Haruhi cast that I'm pretty sure was chosen deliberately by Kyoto Animation now that they've reached the same pillar as Sunrise did with SD Gundam and Gainax will with Evangelion@School. The point where they can turn around and poke fun at themselves for some of their shortcomings. For Sunrise it was convoluted plots, for Gainax it was overly serious character analyisis that came across as goofy at times and for Kyoto Animation, I guess it would be their reliance on Moe and Dating Sims, which are nicely represented by Miyuki and Konata respectively.
Old 2007-04-13, 13:51   Link #977
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Does anyone have *any* idea what the deal is at 15:48 with the two guys in the background hurling open the supply closet door as if they were expecting giant goblins inside? Gotta be a reference to something....
Old 2007-04-13, 13:57   Link #978
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

^I join this request; it has been bugging me since I watched it.

(PS: My dirty mind thought they were expecting, er, something else... Those familiar with H-Manga/H-Anime should know what do I mean)
Nemo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 14:13   Link #979
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

This should happen...
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 14:57   Link #980
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Hmm...now I need to go find sprite rips for the SHnY Mugen and that Lucky☆Star scene...
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen