AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-19, 02:30   Link #1381
jedinat

I'm replaying KotOR 2 right now with the restoration mod... and having a lot more fun with it than The Old Republic (which I started playing for the first time recently)... Sigh. They could have given us another KotOR with no innovations beyond a new story and graphics update and it would have been a very great thing. Instead we get bleh.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 02:33   Link #1382
Xacual

Even after how TOR has gone, I'm not going to be surprised when EA tries again to "capture the WoW market" Though maybe we'll all be lucky and they'll realize this time how stupid that idea is.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 02:34   Link #1383
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
I'm replaying KotOR 2 right now with the restoration mod... and having a lot more fun with it than The Old Republic (which I started playing for the first time recently)... Sigh. They could have given us another KotOR with no innovations beyond a new story and graphics update and it would have been a very great thing. Instead we get bleh.
I'm with you there. KOTOR 3 or bust
Old 2012-11-19, 05:45   Link #1384
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Yeah, seems all the f2p players all went Sith because Rule of Cool/Bad.
Not only that.

"I only get 2 characters? Okay... FemShep Trooper, and Bounty Hunter male. Mako rulez my pants."

Also, Vette and not!Asoka appear to be hot favorite romances too. That's 3 Sith classes.

On top of whatever fail pvp that the Republic is doomed for...

The choice is obvious. I rolled 8 characters for each class story, but force me to pick... Sith all the way, because it sucks to be on the losing side.
Old 2012-11-19, 08:03   Link #1385
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

People choose Femshep trooper? Weird, I see a LOOOOT of male troopers on my server.
Old 2012-11-19, 09:01   Link #1386
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

If at all: 1) Male bountyhunter = I like the german voice acting + Mako. No need for more.
2) Either male trooper due to Elenora Dorn and the VA is nice as well or Jedi Knight due to Kira Carsen and her witty comments or Sith Warrior for Vette. Gameplay-wise I liked also the Jedi Shadow once you get the first okay-ish talents. His tank spec was for a solo-leveler quite strong and robust (also thanks to Tharan's heals), but during the planet after the starting zone the gameplay was still a bit average.

I couldn't really get into Imperial Agenet or Smuggler gameplay-wise (yes I'm quite unskilled).
Old 2012-11-19, 11:18   Link #1387
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Heres one thing about ALL the VAers, no matter who they all have some lines that are completely horrible. one when the trooper shout "move move move" with 0 effort, Hale's sounds the same too and to be honest there is no male or female trooper has better VAer, its just femshep fanboys. Both are A grade voice acters along with the Imperial Agents and male jedi knight. Male Sith warrior and female inquiz are good too. Smugglers and female warrior/knight are meh.

Male inquiz can be good and can be terrible if you don't have the right look for him.
Old 2012-11-20, 08:14   Link #1388
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I don't know why, but a Dark Side Green Twi'lek Jedi Knight having a blast with ol Scourge while screwing with the Doctor and having witty sister banter with Kira is more my cup of tea than a male.

And yes, I rolled a femshep trooper just because.

Come to think of it, only my Smuggler was male on Rep side.

I also had: a cyborg BH male for pretty much everything the class had to offer (did you know Mako was the most romanced companion in SWTOR, by a mile?!), a Light Sided Sith Pureblood Warrior (with really-confused Vette in tow), a Light Side Human Inquisitor (for the not!Asoka), and Dark Side Rataki Male Agent.
Old 2012-11-20, 08:21   Link #1389
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Just because like the other fanboys? There is no Garrus for you to romance in Troop story, why not just go male? lol
Old 2012-11-20, 11:45   Link #1390
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Just because like the other fanboys? There is no Garrus for you to romance in Troop story, why not just go male? lol
Because I rolled male for my first character, then found it a chore, and realized that doubling up on 1 character archetype was a stupid idea.

So now I have to choose between the male combat medic that I feel nothing for, or the vanguard which at least is a nice ass to stare at.

Nice ass won.
Old 2012-11-20, 12:01   Link #1391
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Oh, of course it did. Well now you can have femshep in a dancer outfit and still have heavy armor stats.
Old 2012-11-20, 18:45   Link #1392
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I need to be subbed for that though, so not bothering.
Old 2012-11-20, 20:18   Link #1393
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

That's just to bad, good! Femshep didn't get popular by being in a bikini =\
Old 2012-11-21, 20:52   Link #1394
Key Board
Carbon

A word of advice

If you are playing f2p you will only get 1 crew skill slot. You will never be able to craft anything on your own.

You can not trade with people normally, either. (no right click trade)
You have to use the GTN to buy ingredients. But they are not always in stock.

So my advice for those of you who insist on playing solo f2p is to go with Slicing.
Slicing gives you items and credits. Sell what you don't need on GTN.
This will solve most of your money problems.

Don't feel too bad about crafting, though.

The best gear comes from flash points and you can still get your loot from there.
Only up to Blue and Orange, loot though.. but trust me, that's more than enough unless you are really competitive about PvP

My other advice is don't be afraid to group with random strangers to complete heroic or flashpoint missions.

Especially if they are just starting out like all f2p players.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 06:17   Link #1395
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I just started playing the game since it went F2P. Personally i'm not too worried about the restriction on F2P players and the biggest selling point for the game was the story that they are giving away for free.

Currently playing a Sith Juggernaut and the biggest mistake i ever did was removing the slave collar off Vette. It's strangely very satisfying to shock someone when they say something stupid. Force choking people to death never gets old either.

As for chat restriction, it really didn't matter that much to me considering i m playing this mostly as a single player and the only need i had of the chat system was to find heroic group. The flashpoint restriction though is an odd choice because you really want these F2P players to populate the server so sub players have people for their group. Limiting the award and hence player participation may work against it.

Other than that, not much complain from me but i can see where people are coming from if they want a more multiplayer experience out of the game.

Just a few tip for other new f2p players,

- find a good looking custom headgear and keep it around if you don't want to buy the hide head options.
- use any mods you find, no point in saving em as they become obsolete quickly.
- you can refund items bought within 2 hours so dont be afraid to buy upgrades to help you ingame and refund it later to get your commendations back. Normally i would buy a few gears early on and refund it back once i get equivalent drop/reward to buy high end mods before leaving the planet.

Overall, really enjoyed the story.. probably the best in the MMO category. The rest of the game though is pretty last gen MMO style (ala WoW). Quickbar restriction is a bit annoying at first but you can optimize it by keeping non essentials off the bar. Cargohold isn't a big deal unless you are a pack rat.
Old 2012-11-22, 06:18   Link #1396
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
That's just to bad, good! Femshep didn't get popular by being in a bikini =\
Exactly.

I do wish I had a hot blue-skinned sidekick for this. Or that Arc was even half as cool as Garrus.
Old 2012-11-22, 12:12   Link #1397
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
My other advice is don't be afraid to group with random strangers to complete heroic or flashpoint missions.
Well, everyone is a stranger when you first start...I think the better advice would be hope to be grouped with at least one person that is not a F2P that knows what to do which will most likely be the case.

I despise my Twi'lek Jedi Guardian. When I first made him, I thought, "hey, it'd be cool to be a Jedi Twi'lek." Now, I think he's just an ugly tentacle-faced Jedi. I've already invested like 60k of my former credits on him and it's a freaking pain to get through levels 1-10 again so it looks like I'm stuck with him (I originally started a Shadow, but quickly got bored of him at level 11 so I rolled Guardian haha).

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 10:29   Link #1398
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Twi'lek female Sentinel here. I can't play her, but at least its another nice ass to look at.
Old 2012-11-23, 11:34   Link #1399
willx
Nyaaan~~

Oh dear, I haven't played my (healer) Republic Trooper in a long time and it looks like the world has demolished itself.. I was leveling a Sith Inq. too but got sick of the grind (plot is super fun though) I might pick it up again at some point, the plots were actually pretty good..

All signs point to .. the dark side
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 19:24   Link #1400
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

The sooner it fails the better. I want Disney to buy up Bioware and SquareEnix next.

Tags
bioware, lucasarts, mmorpg, star wars, windows