Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-17, 00:57   Link #21
[[IronMaidenHikari]]
Saint Maiden

Send a message via MSN to [[IronMaidenHikari]]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhia
Is it me or do the animated movies *eg yu-gi-oh,pokemon* give japanese anime a bad name?
I mean i tried to get my friend to watch anime once and she was like "no im not watching that japanese anime sh**, i think its stupid with their weird animals and their dumb voices* meaning the dubbed over version* " i tried to explain that some anime was ALOT different but she didnt want to hear it so do you think these animes give the other animations look bad.. and because no other type of anime has been released it sort of gives the impression that all japanime is about wars with cards and strange creatures..
What do you think??
P.S I wasnt dissing yu-gi-oh as ive never watched it but ive never been to keen on pokemon
hmm... not really... but the yu gi oh movie was really bad!!! Now, that gives the Japanese a bad name!! Stupid 4Kids!!!
Old 2004-08-17, 01:28   Link #22
mememe
hmmm baka

Send a message via MSN to mememe
yu gi oh is just bad they need to stop constantly talking about their moves and the moves of other its just.......bad!
Pitty cause i like the characters
Old 2004-08-17, 01:51   Link #23
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashi-chan
As bad as "Digimon the Movie" was, I must commend the dub writers from devising a continuous storyline from the three very unrelated Digimon Adventure movies. Take note, I still think the dub movie is horrendous, but the piecing together a new story from three distinct ones is quite a feat.

Been done, see Robotech. Actually, don't see Robotech. It was good for American 80's television, but it certainly did not age well, and now that anime is popular, there's plenty of people that don't even realize Robotech was 3 unrelated, and much better, anime series, or that the most popular part of Robotech is still a popular franchise in Japan with it's own awesome sequels.
Old 2004-08-17, 23:18   Link #24
Ashi-chan
Resident Asian Nerd Girl

Send a message via AIM to Ashi-chan Send a message via MSN to Ashi-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Ashi-chan
I stand corrected. How did I totally forget about Robotech? ^.^;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by mememe
yu gi oh is just bad they need to stop constantly talking about their moves and the moves of other its just.......bad!
Pitty cause i like the characters
Yeah, back when I was into the card game, I didn't mind so much the battles, but now they've made the matches so long and dragging that I'm lazy to bring myself up Saturday mornings to watch. I mean, the Yuugi/Malik battle is seven episodes long or something rediculous like that. That's like two months long, if TV networks don't pull a two-episode per Saturday shtick.

I do very much like the characters, too, so it's sad that Yuugiou is so draggy. And the whole idea of the Yuugiou movie isn't that great, considering it resulted upon 4Kids' request. If the Japanese writers worked on it, the movie might've been better. I wonder how badly they're going to hate our movie.
Old 2004-08-18, 00:22   Link #25
FrostLich

Why would a person watch a anime movie unless they have watched the series on television before? I think that television gives a much bigger infulence.

The anime they have on television are usally kids shows or thats to my knowledge. I live in Canada and I cant think of much animes that isnt a targeted for children. It can cause the audiance to swing both ways either to hate anime or love it. I started watching kids anime at a young age which is why I still watch it today. However ppl who did not get the luxary of watching anime at a young age may think differently about anime then I do.

In conculsion it all depends on the person. IF they are willing to give it a try then good for them but you shouldn't force the person into watching anime. If they are not open minded enough to accept that there are different types of anime, then they wont be open minded enough to enjoy the stories of more serious anime.

PS: I thought that the first Pokemon movie was really good and was MUCH better then 2nd and 3rd. Whats with all the hate towards the first movie?
Old 2004-08-18, 05:23   Link #26
Dark Epyon
Useless Human

Send a message via MSN to Dark Epyon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhia
Is it me or do the animated movies *eg yu-gi-oh,pokemon* give japanese anime a bad name?
I mean i tried to get my friend to watch anime once and she was like "no im not watching that japanese anime sh**, i think its stupid with their weird animals and their dumb voices* meaning the dubbed over version* " i tried to explain that some anime was ALOT different but she didnt want to hear it so do you think these animes give the other animations look bad.. and because no other type of anime has been released it sort of gives the impression that all japanime is about wars with cards and strange creatures..
What do you think??
P.S I wasnt dissing yu-gi-oh as ive never watched it but ive never been to keen on pokemon
The stereotypic views of anime in general really piss me off compared to most things. To most anime is considered, 'weird cartoons' or 'violent cartoons'. I remember talking to my sister about watch an anime and my aunt over heard. She asked what anime was and I explained it. Even before I finished she had come up with the conclusion that all animes were violent and not suitable for young people.

But that was mild compared to what happened at school. I teamed up with a few friends and start an Anime Club after school. It was going great for the first day as we didn't show anything extreme. I think we were showing Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu or something like that. After one day of the club we had to 'close down'. Turns out some kid told his parents about it (fair enough) and at once they thought anime was all gore and violence. They called up the school and we were basically shit down. Later on I found out the kid was going around saying how he watched South Park. I mean come on WTF you can't compare the two. Only a complete fool could get them mixed up.

Well that's my experience with 'uneducated' anime fans (they love DBZ).I think the best thing to do is wait maybe the level of what is normal on TV will change and soon anime 'violence' will be considered normal. Since when did throwing a character across a room cause so much trouble?
Closed Thread