AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-02-14, 19:51   Link #141
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
WoW You Got A lot Of Chocolate This Valentine ...I Hope You Enjoyed It ^^
I'm a sort of "Onii-chan" for my juniors. Nothing special, really.

I'll be sure to not get sick
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-14, 21:17   Link #142
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for :

WHOA. I am seriously impressed by these sweets. They're all hand-made!? That's crazy!
I can't say too much since I stayed up really late last night making my own chocolates to give away ^_^
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-14, 21:31   Link #143
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I'm a sort of "Onii-chan" for my juniors. Nothing special, really.

I'll be sure to not get sick
Lol Koreans

Do you have all your junior girls going 오빠~! to ya? Haha. I left Korea years ago so I don't get to enjoy the benefits of the system

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-14, 23:02   Link #144
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

I have someone I want to talk to on AIM (since we rarely see each other in person), but she's not on right now.

I don't really like Valentine's day, though. More than half my school's track team skipped out, using Valentine's day as an excuse.(I doubt ALL those people were going out on dates and stuff)

Oh well. Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!
Old 2008-02-14, 23:07   Link #145
mazer8

I was lucky I got called into work today and was there all day. Kept me from having to find something to occupy my time.
mazer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 02:02   Link #146
ChibiMenos
Gillian-class Chibi

Well, tonight was fun. Dinner was pad thai and salad, and Jon somehow managed to find a copy of Ladyhawke to rent, and we watched Howl's Moving Castle too. and he gave me a giant bag of jellybeans--not my most favorite candy, but he put a lot of thought into it so it was sweet.
ChibiMenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 18:17   Link #147
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiMenos View Post
Well, tonight was fun. Dinner was pad thai and salad, and Jon somehow managed to find a copy of Ladyhawke to rent, and we watched Howl's Moving Castle too. and he gave me a giant bag of jellybeans--not my most favorite candy, but he put a lot of thought into it so it was sweet.
That sounds fun! If my buddy hadn't snitched my copy of 'Spirited Away' I probably would've wanted to watch it last night. Jelly beans are pretty fun when you can go to the stores that have them all separated by flavor and you run around grabbing all your favorites
My night went very well also. We dressed up for fun and went to a fun place for dinner, exchanged gifts (gave him a box of hand-made chocolates and a cheapo kiddy disc shooter....we had a war when we got back home, why are guys so naturally better at fighting w/ toy guns?!). Then just spent the rest of the night pleasantly

The chocolates I made ^_^

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 03:31   Link #148
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
Lol Koreans

Do you have all your junior girls going 오빠~! to ya? Haha. I left Korea years ago so I don't get to enjoy the benefits of the system
Pretty much, I'm sort of a non-related older brother (to the dislike of real brothers )
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 07:15   Link #149
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Well, seeing as we're just under a week away from Singles' Awareness Day, I thought it'll be good to revive this thread to save newbies from creating unnecessary threads.

Don't get ripped off -- buy those roses in advance. Tip: For those in Singapore, get up early and buy them from the market, if your closest one has a flower stall.

To those who are getting Valentines: I HATE YOU.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 07:22   Link #150
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Oh Lord, is this where the singles of youth turn super emo and I as a fellow single young person get to feed off your misery for the day and take the piss out of you all?
(Seriously, am I like the only single person who isn't too bothered with Val's day?)

Honestly, chill already.
So what you're not in a relationship?
Rather than mope, treat yourself to something nice for a change.
Or do like most do and simply ignore the day and get on with your lives. :\

You're single. Wow you don't have to spend money on others or think of something romantic or worry about trying to please your other half with something new.
And even then it depends on the couple, many nowadays can't be arsed with the commercial aspect and will just snuggle or chill together indoors as usual.

Each day or holiday is what you make of it. Personally I just buy myself a new gadget every Val's day.
(but am poor this year so can't afford anything) *sniff*
And to some of my male single mates, we wish each other 'happy val's day'

At this point, i was mildly wondering about any male friends over here in Tokyo who i'd have to toss chocolate out to, but I think i can get away with it and not give any this year. Means on 'white day', i'll probably be chocolate-less too.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 07:59   Link #151
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Well, seeing as we're just under a week away from Singles' Awareness Day, I thought it'll be good to revive this thread to save newbies from creating unnecessary threads.

Don't get ripped off -- buy those roses in advance. Tip: For those in Singapore, get up early and buy them from the market, if your closest one has a flower stall.

To those who are getting Valentines: I HATE YOU.
Single again this year? How old are you?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 08:20   Link #152
Amray

I am going to an 18th birthday party the day before St. Valentines day, and will most likely be spending the night there, drunk. So for Valentines day it is probably safe to say that the morning will be spent with friends...and maybe hangovers.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 08:48   Link #153
klowny
OH NO

I'm too busy for this holiday and also because i'm alone this year

Besides i'm too cheap to buy Valentine chocolates because its a lot cheaper after this holiday
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 09:38   Link #154
Lonestar9

Send a message via Yahoo to Lonestar9
Don't dwell on it if your single this V-day. I know I spent many of them alone, either with friends doing something, or really just alone. Things are of course different since last year I had a GF, and now she's my wife. Don't sweat it, enjoy it as much as you can, alone or not.
Lonestar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 09:54   Link #155
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Single again this year? How old are you?
What's that supposed to mean, hmm...?

Lol, don't read too much into my original statement — I was merely trying to provoke a response. I may be single, but I am a happily adjusted bachelor. To be sure, I've never really thought much about singlehood, not even during the heydays of my college life when dormmates were *ahem* having extra-curricular activities almost every other night.

I did, on the other hand, take a very long time to grow comfortable with my own individuality — something that not many people are aware of, because I get along swimmingly well with almost anyone in real life.

It doesn't help that I'm not terribly impressed with many local girls, and those few I am attracted to are already attached. So, I take it naturally, each day as it comes. Besides, being single means I get more money to spend on myself.

Still, to those who are getting Valentines, I'll speak up on the behalf of all lonely hearts: I HATE YOU.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 10:14   Link #156
klowny
OH NO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar9 View Post
Don't dwell on it if your single this V-day. I know I spent many of them alone, either with friends doing something, or really just alone. Things are of course different since last year I had a GF, and now she's my wife. Don't sweat it, enjoy it as much as you can, alone or not.
well i wasn't feeling any loneliness until you said that lol

Every year they sell rose's in my school for $8 and i always buy one and give it to the girl i like (it's a different girl each year) and i like the awkwardness after they say "i don't like you" lol

but enough of my love life good luck with the people who Are going out to dinner or getting "Lucky"
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 10:24   Link #157
royalekitty
suteki da ne?~

Send a message via AIM to royalekitty Send a message via MSN to royalekitty
Once again I'm Valentine-less this year(so far..), so I think I'm just gonna relax at home, maybe watch a movie, and eat some godiva chocolates
royalekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 10:27   Link #158
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
(Seriously, am I like the only single person who isn't too bothered with Val's day?)
Nope, you're not the only one, Miss Mystique ^^. I am not too bothered, and TBH I am rather more upset about my exams and the results than about the Valentine Day.

I am curious, how does people celebrate it in the other countries? Is it celebrated only by the persons already in couple?

Here in france, there are three things that i saw happening each year on the valentine day: those who celebrate it with their boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband, those who try to confess on that day and give flowers or presents, and some other people who just give card or present (chocolates for example) to someone they care for (friendship)

My big sis already got 2 presents and a flower since last friday . Two persons actually confessed to her, and she rejected them <.< And the last one gave something to her out of friendship. She actually thinks it's kinda bad to receive something from people who confess to you when you can't return the same feelings, so she feels kinda bad about it
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 12:00   Link #159
Zmayana
Sebasuchan fangaru

Send a message via MSN to Zmayana
I'm not really into such business holidays, neither is my hubby but we kinda get dragged in every year unwillingly by our friends. Also it's a great excuse to make and eat lots of chocolate things without being told something like; "you will get fat if you eat so much chocolate."
Zmayana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 12:47   Link #160
LeoXiao
思想工作

Valentines and all these other holidays are for sissies. All we really should have are New Years and Independence day, I think.
Okay, I can understand why they have Thanksgiving or Armistice Day, but Valentines? What the hell does it celebrate? How is someone's heart getting (figuratively) impaled a major, holiday-worthy event?
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote