AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-03, 13:16   Link #21
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

I'm pretty sure Itachi killed the Uchiha clan but I'd like to know his motives too. From what we've seen so far either Itachi was always cold hearted or at some poin he changed dramatically. Maybe he was influenced by some other person, the way Sasuke is influenced by the presence of his brother.
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 15:34   Link #22
Tatay
Aj, is there any1 better?

Send a message via ICQ to Tatay
Maybe it was a test to join the akatsuki
Kill the clan -> Pass

Or what do you think? Just come to think of it, Kizame didnt know that sasuke was alive, he got surprised, right?
Tatay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 16:04   Link #23
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatay
Maybe it was a test to join the akatsuki
Kill the clan -> Pass

Or what do you think? Just come to think of it, Kizame didnt know that sasuke was alive, he got surprised, right?
Hmmm, yeah maybe he was forced to kill his clan, but In secret he left Sasuke alive to get revenge on not only him but whoever It Is pulling all the strings.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 16:17   Link #24
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Itachi killed his clan in order to test his newfound ability, the mangekyou. His ultimate motives regard power, and what better way to test a doujutsu of the sharingan than to try it against the entire clan of sharingan users?
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 16:48   Link #25
Dez
Speshul

Send a message via AIM to Dez
We've only seen the night the Uchiha were massacred from Sasuke's point of view. Sasuke didn't witness the actual killings, so Kishimoto has no reason to depict Itachi in action. It doesn't mean he's hiding anything. However, you can still consider this Itachi's get out of jail free card if you like. (Hah! It happened off-panel you'll never pin it on me!)

Side note: I've seen a few unmarked spoilers in this thread but it isn't tagged as manga. You guys ought to be more careful.
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 16:48   Link #26
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
This is funny. You assume him to be bad enough to kill his own clan, but don't think he may be able to lie to Sasuke?

Even if he was forced to do it, it's still no reason, why the author didn't really show the act itself. It's not like someone with a gun was standing behind him watching all the time.
There Is a difference between a killer and a liar you know.

But thats not the point. I am totally open to anything since there Is obviously more to this than a just a basic older brother kills family, younger brother wants revenge.
If that was the case Im sure we would know everything by now, I mean why drag It out for so long If Its just going to end up what we all thought In the first place.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 17:49   Link #27
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
How about we stop the arguing.

Agree to disagree.

and wait for the damn revelation?
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 17:58   Link #28
capio311

Naruto is a very deep anime. That’s why is anime is so good and long. I don’t know if Itachi killed the Uchiha clan or not. I just think he didn’t. The fist time itachi met Sasuke he was sad to see his brother still weak. And have to reinforce sasuke with moon light underworld. If itachi wanted to test his strength there all a lot of people he can do that with. If he wanted to kill the Uchiha because sharingan then he should also killed kakashi. Even if kakashi don’t have the bloodline he is still a genius. Why would he kill the whole clan including old people and those who are normal? What kind of test is that for him?
capio311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 19:33   Link #29
Spooky-Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by capio311
Naruto is a very deep anime.
I love Naruto, but let's not kid ourselves. Naruto is not "deep".
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 19:36   Link #30
ninja massacre

Send a message via MSN to ninja massacre
nae, I think Itachi killed the clan.
He is an evil bastard who just hate everything and is obsessed with power, the only love he felt was the love of his little brother sasuke.
I think that makes sense.
ninja massacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 19:48   Link #31
Bloodloss2000
Someone new

Send a message via AIM to Bloodloss2000 Send a message via MSN to Bloodloss2000 Send a message via Yahoo to Bloodloss2000
I don't think Itachi is that evil to be honest, I mean the only reason he fought Kakashi and that was because they were in his way... he didn't even want to fight Sasuke later on the only thing he wanted was Naruto.

The thing I want to know is why in one of the flashbacks did Itachi poke Sasuke's forehead... apparently he always did that then left.

I just want to find out if he really did kill the Clan or not.
Bloodloss2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 19:52   Link #32
Suiken-Of-Lee
SSEENNNPUUUUU!

Obviously, in Itachi's case is shrouded in mist. I'm slowly starting to believe that he didn't kill them, and I do believe that there will be a twist. Really, there is no other reason to leave Sasuke alive, other than if he saw potential in him, for something bigger than them both.
Suiken-Of-Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 19:55   Link #33
Bloodloss2000
Someone new

Send a message via AIM to Bloodloss2000 Send a message via MSN to Bloodloss2000 Send a message via Yahoo to Bloodloss2000
Heh he said the only reason he left Sasuke alive was because he was to pathetick to kill he says it again to him later too.
Old 2004-09-03, 20:39   Link #34
narutoIZZAbest
Some New Idiot....

Send a message via AIM to narutoIZZAbest
I think that Itachi wan't forced or anything...He just did because after he got the Mangekyou sharingan he changed somehow
narutoIZZAbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 20:42   Link #35
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodloss2000
Heh he said the only reason he left Sasuke alive was because he was to pathetick to kill he says it again to him later too.
He doesn't say that to him later. The first time was obviously a lie(later proven to b in the manga...). But so Sasuke is too pathetic to kill and a Uchiha baby is not?
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 20:55   Link #36
Bloodloss2000
Someone new

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
He doesn't say that to him later. The first time was obviously a lie(later proven to b in the manga...). But so Sasuke is too pathetic to kill and a Uchiha baby is not?
Well either way the fact is we do not know if itachi really did kill the clan or not and seeing as how I haven't got that far in the Manga's yet I wouldn't know that the first time was a lie... either way he didn't kill sasuke for a reason.
Old 2004-09-03, 23:23   Link #37
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

With all the information that can be gathered from reading the manga, its evidently clear that Itachi murdered the clan. Until the manga shows us otherwise, Im going to believe he did it.

Spoiler:
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 01:34   Link #38
Uchiha Itachi
S-Class CriMiNiMiNaL

either way itachi is a badass....and he left sasuke alive just as a little piece of guilt. he killed the clan cuz dey pissed the shit out of him. Lets all forget about dis and try not to understand the mind of a psycho.
Uchiha Itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 01:51   Link #39
UzumakiKitsu
Foxy Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
As far as we know Itachi want's strenght why?

1. He killed his clan to test his strenght
2. He joined Akatsuki to gain more strenght(his old "vessel"=Uchiha was not good enough)
3. He is after the Kyubi in Naruto, presumably to make use of it's chakra in some sense, once again it's about strenght

Itachi is a smart lad. He knew of his own strenght and his bright future in becoming even stronger. The reason for him to let Sasuke live and hate him is once again solely about himself.
Strong as he may be, he needs the thought of a current threath. Sasuke after his life, becoming stronger and stronger so he will never lose to will to become stronger himself. He needs a nemisis someone he knew who can fight on equal terms with him eventually.

Besides...It would seem strange that Itachi assumed he is the strongest being alive. So the "undefeatable" part isn't plausible.

Itachi just does't take any chances, someone strong might come along one day...you never know.

pardon me if this has already been addressed (I'm losing interest in the topic) but I've never seen "strength" bolded AND misspelled so many times in one post by any user.

I applaud you, sir.
UzumakiKitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 06:42   Link #40
Steffa
Ninja Guru

well
i think i should put my opinion on this:

itachi did not kill the uchiha clan....i don't know who did it i can only assume it was related to the kill of itachi's friend or the aratuski....what i do know as a fact is that itachi did not kill the uchiha....if u notice the way they were killed they have all their backs turned like they where running away or protecting their dear ones....now since the uchiha are strong fighters it would be very hard to just use a kunei....so it could be that many strong fighters took on the uchiha clan....not to mention that we see itachi also on top of the electricity pole and if what happened happened a few hours before then the village would have already known...so i believe it was a very fast attack....now itachi was wearing his anbu uniform but we don't see the mask meaning that he was on a solo mission or that maybe his team was attacked...but we see no anbu bodies so i think he just returned from a mission....now if we look at the scene of where his father and mother lie down dead we notice that itachi has no blood over himself whereas a clean cut with a katana from the left to the right would spread blood everywhere and therefore on itachi...also the katana was placed back on his back...quite unsual for someone that just killed his parents and also the bodies fell just before sasuke entering and itachi came out from behind and from the shadows...meaning he got there too late...
now if we read the manga we also know that there is a secret that the uchiha hold and it's written on tablets...those tablets were discovered by itachi and maybe they held a terrible secret about the uchiha's clan....it could be a reason to kill everybody? that i don't think so due to the fact that sasuke reads it with anger and his eyes always light up.....
i agree that is itachi really did it how come the author never showed what happened and it always picks up from that scene?
Steffa is offline   Reply With Quote