Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-01, 04:32   Link #1
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Detective Conan any good?

I love long series' and Ive read the summary, but Im still unsure whether to watch it or not. Once I start watching a series, Im compelled to finish it so I dont want to watch a long one unless Im 100% sure.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Old 2007-01-01, 04:55   Link #2
hooliganj
Team Player

You can't finish Conan because it isn't done running yet. If you're a fan of mysteries, then it's worth watching, otherwise, you stand little chance of enjoying it. At least 90% of the massive episode count is busting the criminal of the week, so if it's a deep and epic plot you're looking for, this isn't it.

Personally, I'm a big fan. I don't mind the episodic nature of the show, since most of the time the puzzles are entertaining and make me think, and the characters are pretty cool.
Old 2007-01-01, 05:50   Link #3
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Well there are like 450eps out so it should take a while to catch up. No romance at all? The summary I read said there was a chick or something, but I think its mainly a mystery show aimed at kids. If its a kid-show ill skip it.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Old 2007-01-01, 06:07   Link #4
Renesis-C
Senior Member...?

It's more of a "kid's can watch this aswell" kind of anime, it's not aimed squarely at kids. It's a pretty good series, aside from the outdated animations (but it's been around for ages so you should take that into account). It's not really one of those must sit through entire series at one time type anime, you just have to know what the particular case is about. Other then that it's knowing which character is which (I don't remember that much character development in the series).
Recommended.
Old 2007-01-01, 08:58   Link #5
ThoHell

Though it was a kids show, I though it was pretty good. One big problem was the animation wasn't so good, oh and also it's way to long!
Old 2007-01-01, 22:37   Link #6
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

I hate the show, each episode is so repetitive and you eventually will get bored of it. The show is nothing like normal anime shows where each ep carries the plot further, instead it's more like american shows where in each ep you have a bad guy, you solve the mystery, the bad guy gets arrested.. and then the whole thing starts again for the next ep... really very boring...
Old 2007-01-01, 23:07   Link #7
Xinil
Blargh

Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
Definitely not worth it. I've only watched the first 53 episodes and the plot hasn't budged past episode 2. It's ridiculous because you eventually realize you're going to spend 450+ episodes of the same "bad guy gets caught" thing without any romance development.
Old 2007-01-15, 23:34   Link #8
Sylphid_snow
Frostsabre

I think it's good once you get past ep 300, cause after that, more story line kicks in and the eps are more connected with each other rather than being choppy and unrelated.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-01-16 at 10:52. Reason: Don't ask for licensed series.
Old 2007-01-16, 10:23   Link #9
Frans

Think Conan like CSI, or any other episodic tv series. Basically they have a new case every (usually) two episodes. Personally, I like the show. You can gain some knowledge after watching the show Btw, most of the cases are murder related, and the body count usually increases until they found the culprit.
Closed Thread