Notices

Old 2016-07-03, 00:31   Link #41
dearfuture

Will Mr. XX show up ?
Old 2016-07-03, 01:15   Link #42
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 02:18   Link #43
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
God, I love Chiwa Saito's voice acting, just skipping around in a borderline trololol kinda way.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 02:36   Link #44
com_gwp

Jeebus, I can't imagine this first episode making much sense to anyone who didn't previously play the game. What an odd mish-mash of the game's opening chapter with story beats taken from all over the game.

At least there's no need for any further pretense; Rewrite is the most fantastical Key production there is, and in a very meta way, the most unlike of the typical stories they tell. I'm intrigued by this new take on the game even if it is, at first glance, looks like a bit of a mess. (A very fun, watchable mess.) It was always going to be difficult to make the story work in a TV series, and I don't mind the anime-original route they are taking; I only hope, based on this first episode, that Tanaka has a plan to this madness.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 03:18   Link #45
Alf

As an anime only audience, I think the first episode worked quite well to introduce the characters as well as showing what kind of story is to be expected. Right from the start we got a monologue that seems to hint a loop type of story, and then there's a mysterious girl of clearly supernatural being seemed to have killed the MC and ended up like a dream. All the Key's usual character introduction comes after that.

This arrangement got me prepared for the supernatural part near the end, and the one hour first episode allowed the school life plus character introduction part to be done in the middle of the episode without feeling too rushed. This is a pretty good start and hope they keep it well handled.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 07:13   Link #46
Yamada II

Episode 1

Koutaro is a fun guy. He was messing with the Yoshino, pissed him off, and then was like "why u mad bro?" lol. Why wouldn't he be mad?

So Koutaro is a mysterious guy. He has this ability to change his body strength according his needs which allows him to jump around from building to building or gives him super strength etc. The newspaper girl's notes on him made him even more mysterious. Lol mysterious loli enters his room and starts eating him. Kotori was cute. Ohtori's voice acting didn't feel up to the mark here. Ohtori and Kotori are related through the occult club. And Kotori is probably related to the witch. She did know that there was supposed to be a light switch over there with the weird sound switches. And that ribbon loli was weird, eating Koutaro and all.

They've gotten the introductions good I guess. Lol it started off with creation of the world to dinosaurs to humans first coming to the making of this harem. The visuals were nice too. The ribbon loli is a bit interesting. The supernatural part where Koutaro was running away from the loli and then ending up in some weird place with the chibis was interesting. Gonna give it some more episodes. At least.

Last edited by Yamada II; 2016-07-03 at 07:58.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 07:33   Link #47
Seihai
スマイリウム

^It's not a new thread, your post can still be viewed just 1 page back at: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...16#post5887716
Care to backtrack etc.
Old 2016-07-03, 07:36   Link #48
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Also spot the Kanon reference? Even Romeo Tanaka knows what the best Key work is.
This? It is quite well hidden unless you remember characters surname

Old 2016-07-03, 07:54   Link #49
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 1:
It was an okay episode with all the character introductions and stuff. Can't wait for the next episode to unravel the mysteries surrounding this series!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 10:05   Link #50
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think they did a pretty decent job with this first episode. Got all the character introductions out of the way and introduced mystery elements to give viewers a better idea what the series really is about.

If the series is truly only 13 episodes long though, there's no way it won't end up being a disaster.
Old 2016-07-03, 11:12   Link #51
tsunade666

I don't know what to say for the first episode pace but its fast. I liked the common route of the game but its slow.... if its not that funny, it would be boring. the mystery is too spread out in the common route that it would take you hours before something mysterious to happen. Here, the mystery was already presented. I liked it? this way... not sure but the first episode is indeed good.
Old 2016-07-03, 12:13   Link #52
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Didn't understand a thing, but the MC is pretty okey.

The girls on the other hand... its like their characters came out of a cheeze grinder. Those school uniforms are pretty crazy too considering the tone of the rest of the school life parts.
Old 2016-07-03, 12:38   Link #53
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
This? It is quite well hidden unless you remember characters surname

Go Ayu!
Old 2016-07-03, 13:04   Link #54
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Well, I'm not exactly too sure about how fast they went, especially with Pani and Gil stuff there, but at the very least, it doesn't beat around the bush.

While I understand what they tried to do, certain changes are a bit weird, presentation wise (nothing to do with the plot whatsoever)
Spoiler for very quick comparison with the VN:

I guess it is sort of ok, but the "adaptation" seems like it is destined to VN readers than actual anime watchers (which makes sense with their announcement that it would be original stuff).
Then again, aside of the relatively fast pacing, I'm still bugged by the washed out colors, smearing design and absolute lack of texture overall. Animation has no issue whatsoever though.
Old 2016-07-03, 14:59   Link #55
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I guess it is sort of ok, but the "adaptation" seems like it is destined to VN readers than actual anime watchers (which makes sense with their announcement that it would be original stuff).
Can you explain why you think it's more for VN readers than anime only viewers because of it having original stuff? As an anime viewer myself, I figure it doesn't make a difference whether it's something original or a faithful adaption of a specific route. In fact, if it includes stuff that not even VN readers know/knew then I'm all for it since it will less likely invoke spoilerific posts.
Old 2016-07-03, 15:17   Link #56
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

In general (and not going to mention them otherwise it would be hint-spoiler), there are elements that don't bear any meaning except if you know the original story already.
Unlike usual foreshadowing, the meaning of those points/scenes is arguably not possible to guess.

Thus far, they mashed elements from the game with "some sort" of anime only scenes to serve as a bridge since the timing/context of those scenes was different in the original game.
Old 2016-07-03, 15:59   Link #57
Wandering Soul

The first episode worked out well. Introduced the characters while also setting up a mystery that gives some hints as to the plot.
Old 2016-07-03, 21:41   Link #58
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well the girls are cute but and theres one way to get a girl to your place

Why is he freaking out do a cute girl sucking on him in his bed
Old 2016-07-03, 22:20   Link #59
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Well the girls are cute but and theres one way to get a girl to your place

Why is he freaking out do a cute girl sucking on him in his bed
I think he's pretty lucky that it was his arm, given the marks that she leaves behind.
Old 2016-07-03, 22:35   Link #60
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I think he's pretty lucky that it was his arm, given the marks that she leaves behind.
Agreed, and it seems that the girl loves to drink Key Coffee and can't do any harm towards Koutarou... except for that dream sequence when she stabbed him with her ribbons!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote