AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-06-21, 23:30   Link #1321
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Boston, Chicago, LA, San Antonio,. . .Cleveland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
If you were watching the game tonight at one point when the heat had built a considerable lead Chambers was celebrating prematurly and Lebron showed some true collectiveness and sportsminship when he went up to Chambers on the court and told him to save it for when its over, just focus on the game. Shows how much the guy has matured.
And let's not mention how LeBron consoled Durant after the game and even hugged Kendrick Perkins, who had taken a shot at him over some petty shit earlier in the season. What a douche.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 23:34   Link #1322
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Of course, no one has ever won a championship all by himself. Jordan did it with Pippen, and later Rodman.

I think that the haters will never appreciate him EVER because he left his home town team to take his talents to South Beach.
You writing "...try to get that ring all by himself like MJ," threw me off.

Meh. The haters don't need to appreciate him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Happy for LeBron, but I glad the NBA is over (after the Draft). I'm ready for some NFL/NCAAF now. I gotta wait two more months.

Don't really have to lure Nash.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...hWlS_blog.html
Agreed on the NFL. Can't wait for pre-season.

Interesting. I knew about Nash being interested, but not "JET". Fitting them both under the cap would be difficult though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Did Jordan change teams to win? No.
Your point? He's not Jordan. No one will ever be. Changing teams didn't make LeBron any less of a player or make this championship any less deserved.
Old 2012-06-21, 23:35   Link #1323
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
OMG this is just pathetic.

The people who keep comparing Lebron to jordan need to shut up, its a stupid comparison since they both played in very different leagues and have very different playstyles. And there is not much arguing that Mj is the greatest to ever play so why even make such comparisons. People should let lebron forge his own legacy and stop trying to shape him into another MJ.

Also people who think it is a big deal that Lebron switched teams to get a championship need to shut up. Sure he didn't do it in the most graceful of ways but his intentions are no different than anyone else switching teams to have a better chance at a championship or for a higher salary. This crap happens all the time yet it is a problem because Lebron did it, lol.

I'm not gona argue, even being a Lebron fan (since I'm a Cav fan) I can admit to the mistake she made and heck even he himself has admitted his mistakes and grown upon them and changed for the better.

If you were watching the game tonight at one point when the heat had built a considerable lead Chambers was celebrating prematurly and Lebron showed some true collectiveness and sportsminship when he went up to Chambers on the court and told him to save it for when its over, just focus on the game. Shows how much the guy has matured.

All these Lebron haters make me laugh honestly, especially considering how I'm a die hard Cavs fan. I swear I must be the only Cavs fan right now that is actually happy for Lebron.

P.S. Jordan didn't do it by himself either.
Even the Big O had to leave the Royals (now the Kings) just to win a ring with the Lakers. And he retired with just one.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 23:36   Link #1324
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Anyways congrats to Lebron. Just a shame he couldn't do it with my Cavs, but he gave me some memorable years nonetheless.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 23:36   Link #1325
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
You writing "...try to get that ring all by himself like MJ," threw me off.
It's the common belief that MJ did it by himself. Thing is, of course not.

Besides, MJ and Bron play different positions. MJ is an SG, Bron is an SF.
Old 2012-06-21, 23:38   Link #1326
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
It's the common belief that MJ did it by himself. Thing is, of course not.
The guys legend has basically painted him as a god, people tend to forget his great supporting cast.
Old 2012-06-21, 23:41   Link #1327
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
The guys legend has basically painted him as a god, people tend to forget his great supporting cast.
And how big a dickhead he was (Shit, still is. I have to suffer with his bullshit ownership ability as a Bobcats fan, surrounded by yesmen who don't challenge him). Horace Grant and Pippin hated Jordan's guts. Same with Kobe.

It's why I lol when people say they dislike LeBron because he is 'arrogant', then turnaround and hail Jordan and Kobe.
Old 2012-06-21, 23:42   Link #1328
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
First three-peat, we have the likes of point forward Pippen, hardworking Horace Grant, and average but clutch shooter John Paxson.

Second three-peat, we have Pippen again, the rebounding king Dennis Rodman (Sakuragi, I'm looking at you), Paxson's "successor" Steve Kerr, Toni Kukoc and Luc Longley.
Old 2012-06-21, 23:45   Link #1329
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
It's why I lol when people say they dislike LeBron because he is 'arrogant', then turnaround and hail Jordan and Kobe.
Honestly I don't think Lebron is really arrogant, but driven. He got to the point where he was focused only on the goal of a championship and you sometimes have to put emotions aside to succeed.
Old 2012-06-21, 23:45   Link #1330
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Yes, he is. I also said above that MJ did not win rings all by himself. Of course, nobody does that.

I think the lesson I learned today is this: DO NOT LEAVE YOUR ORIGINAL TEAM JUST TO GET A RING, OR THE WHOLE WORLD WILL HATE YOU FOR IT. Just keep hounding your front office to give you a strong supporting cast.
How did you learn that lesson? It was a hard fought championship. LeBron brought a lot of the negative public perception on himself. But he came up painfully small against the Mavs, worked hard in the off-season to improve his game, remained focused throughout the season, into the play-offs, and elevated his game in key moments throughout; again, he and the Heat deserved this.

So, he should have remained in Clevleand and risked becoming another Barkley, Malone or Baylor? For what, to avoid fickle public scrutiny? There's nothing admirable about that.

Kobe was more than comfortable talking about being traded when he got tired of carrying the Lakers to play-off exits after Shaq left. Why shouldn't LeBron have left when he was in a similar situation?
Old 2012-06-21, 23:49   Link #1331
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Kobe was more than comfortable talking about being trade when he got tired of carrying the Lakers to play-off exits after Shaq left. Why shouldn't LeBron have left when he was in a similar situation?
That never happened.

Oh wait. . .

Old 2012-06-21, 23:52   Link #1332
sky black swordman

Quote:
Thats true I forget that myself. But then again he was that good which is why people call him the Greatest player of all time in the NBA.

NFL huh.
Old 2012-06-22, 00:02   Link #1333
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Congrats for Lebron, I really like his attitude (n the Heat) in this finals series, he really want that chip.

Feel bad for Durant, he playing great for his 1st finals hope its just one last stepping stone for him, love the dude.
Quote:
Eh, BUT MJ beat superstars that have better team around them, Bad boy Pistons, Ewing's Knicks, Drexler's Blazers.. Those team are DEEP.. 1st three-peat bulls never that deep, MJ just make it enough for him to win.. yes the support is there, but MJ sure as hell would be more happy if he had team that I mentioned, especially that 90's Blazer team or the Pistions.

That's why MJ leave such a great legacy.
Old 2012-06-22, 00:06   Link #1334
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Eh, BUT MJ beat superstars that have better team around them, Bad boy Pistons, Ewing's Knicks, Drexler's Blazers.. Those team are DEEP.. 1st three-peat bulls never that deep, MJ just make it enough for him to win.. yes the support is there, but MJ sure as hell would be more happy if he had team that I mentioned, especially that 90's Blazer team or the Pistions.

Which is exactly why I think he is the best to have played the game. He was consistently good against good teams. This doesn't change the fact however that one guy can't do it alone.
Old 2012-06-22, 00:12   Link #1335
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Congrats for Lebron, I really like his attitude (n the Heat) in this finals series, he really want that chip.

Feel bad for Durant, he playing great for his 1st finals hope its just one last stepping stone for him, love the dude.

Michael Jordan played in a period were there was less rules, and more physical contact. It was a really rough sport.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 00:14   Link #1336
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I would like to send shout-outs to the following players:
  • Eddy Curry
  • Juwan Howard
  • Dexter Pittman
  • Terrel Harris

Congrats, guys. Isiah Thomas was right when he said Curry is a Championship caliber center.
Old 2012-06-22, 00:16   Link #1337
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
How did you learn that lesson? It was a hard fought championship. LeBron brought a lot of the negative public perception on himself. But he came up painfully small against the Mavs, worked hard in the off-season to improve his game, remained focused throughout the season, into the play-offs, and elevated his game in key moments throughout; again, he and the Heat deserved this.

So, he should have remained in Clevleand and risked becoming another Barkley, Malone or Baylor? For what, to avoid fickle public scrutiny? There's nothing admirable about that.

Kobe was more than comfortable talking about being traded when he got tired of carrying the Lakers to play-off exits after Shaq left. Why shouldn't LeBron have left when he was in a similar situation?
Because a good supporting cast will eventually come? Doesn't happen all the time, though. Not worth the risk.
Old 2012-06-22, 00:22   Link #1338
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Because a good supporting cast will eventually come? Doesn't happen all the time, though. Not worth the risk.
James was in Cleveland for seven years and was an All-Star player for six of them. If the best Cleveland could do through that time was post-prime Shaq and Ben Wallace and Mo Williams (who was a good pg, but not somebody worth game-planning against), then there was little hope for the future.
Old 2012-06-22, 00:22   Link #1339
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Which is exactly why I think he is the best to have played the game. he was consistently good against good teams. This doesn't change the fact however that one guy can't do it alone.
Of course, but if you think you always need the best team and team mates to win is just wrong too.

Hakeem win a ring and pawned Ewing's and Robinson superior team with just 3-point shooter surrounding him, Duncan winning with bunch of ready to retire vets and rookie manu n parker, Dirk last year and go on..

I still have grudge to this miami amigos joining force, I wish Lebron just move to team with better front office that can give him better team instead this NWO kinda-like stuff, I gaining much respect to Lebron this season (fuck Wade though, he became ultra unlikeable now) but I still wish Bron move from miami in 2015 to made me easier to support him.
Old 2012-06-22, 00:41   Link #1340
Elo the Blue

Quote:
I would like to send shout-outs to the following players:
  • Eddy Curry
  • Juwan Howard
  • Dexter Pittman
  • Terrel Harris

Congrats, guys. Isiah Thomas was right when he said Curry is a Championship caliber center.

Can't forget Ronny Turiaf either.

Quote:
Of course, but if you think you always need the best team and team mates to win is just wrong too.

Hakeem win a ring and pawned Ewing's and Robinson superior team with just 3-point shooter surrounding him, Duncan winning with bunch of ready to retire vets and rookie manu n parker, Dirk last year and go on..

I still have grudge to this miami amigos joining force, I wish Lebron just move to team with better front office that can give him better team instead this NWO kinda-like stuff, I gaining much respect to Lebron this season (fuck Wade though, he became ultra unlikeable now) but I still wish Bron move from miami in 2015 to made me easier to support him.
I don't think anyone has claimed a superstar "always needs the best team" around him to win. Even with their special performances, Hakeem, Duncan and Dirk's title-winning teams were deeper than you're implying.

Fuck Wade? What did he do in the play-offs that's so heinous?

Quote:
Like Dilla said, there was more than enough time to gauge how serious the Cavs were about surrounding him with quality players.