AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2003-12-02, 05:59   Link #1
SeroganeX

Send a message via AIM to SeroganeX
Talking Wouldn't you like to see Parasite Eve 3?

<Removed, just to make a point>

And spread the message while you're at it.

(Is this considered spam?)

Last edited by NightWish; 2003-12-07 at 18:30. Reason: Spam...
SeroganeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-02, 07:12   Link #2
SeroganeX

The following article may change your minds about signing the petition:

Shenmue 3 confirmed! Rejoice! (14th July)

Yep this is it! The update every Shenmue fan has been waiting many months for.....the confirmation of Shenmue 3.

The official Shenmue.com site has finally been re-designed and updated and news has come in that the next game in the series has been confirmed.

This has been due to us fan's relentless campaigning for the game and the Shenmue 3 petition (<Removed, just to make a point>).

No details on when it might come out or on what format have been given, however Sega will be revealing more in September.

Check out similar articles at: Gamerfeed and Polygon

The newsletter has also been sent out regarding this latest news, so if you want to keep up to date with the latest on Shenmue 3 sign up here.

Source: <Removed, just to make a point>

Note: I also signed the Shenmue 3 petition eon ago (Around 3500 signatures), thinking that it probably won't do much. But hey, what do you know?

So just put your name down; even if this petition results in faliure, you won't have lost more than 30 secs of your life (Unless you're on dial-up).

Thank you for your time and patience.

Last edited by NightWish; 2003-12-07 at 18:31.
Old 2003-12-02, 10:19   Link #3
Laguna
Aikidoka

Hope that works.. Parasite eve games were my favorite PS games, with resident evil and final fantasy games. Btw. I'm sure someone noticed that my sig quote is from parasite eve
Laguna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-02, 17:17   Link #4
Mad Cat
You only live once!

Send a message via ICQ to Mad Cat
For the love of GOD dont make one.
you should stop when your at the top.
Mad Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-02, 17:23   Link #5
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Online petitions are a waste of time. The release of Shenmue 3, which probably will cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to write and produce, could not have been influenced by a petition.
Old 2003-12-02, 19:32   Link #6
Necrodeath

Parasite Eve
Never played it, never will.
Therefor I will not sign this petition.
I also agree with ashibaka, but in a more general way, as in online petitions for games to come out, will not work...
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-02, 20:14   Link #7
SeroganeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
Online petitions are a waste of time. The release of Shenmue 3, which probably will cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to write and produce, could not have been influenced by a petition.
Never hurts to try. Besides, it'll show that people are interested in a sequel to the series.
Old 2003-12-02, 20:29   Link #8
Lefteris_D

Yay! SeroganeX is in the house!

Now, back in the subject:
PE1 was one of the games I loved the most. PE2 just expanded the whole plot but as I am still mid way in it I don't know how it ends.

If they do decide to make a PE3 I hope they end it there before the series is ruined.
Lefteris_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 20:38   Link #9
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefteris_D
Yay! SeroganeX is in the house!

Now, back in the subject:
PE1 was one of the games I loved the most. PE2 just expanded the whole plot but as I am still mid way in it I don't know how it ends.

If they do decide to make a PE3 I hope they end it there before the series is ruined.

same here ^^ i liked pe1 better than the sequal....
Oneesama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 22:47   Link #10
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
Well, I for one loved the 1st two Parasite Eve games. I liked the 1st one best, but I loved the 2nd one as well. It really expanded the whole universe of that game and its characters. IMO it was better than most of the survival horror games I have played(aside from Silent Hill 1). Online petitions do have an effect, now it may not "decide" if a game is going to be made, but it does show that there is interest in the game and that may open up some avenues for development. Online petitions are just a fun thing to do and really does show your support. Oh and Shenmue 3 was almost scrapped at one point, so to say an online petiition was garbage and had no impact is like saying that the fans wanting more sequels to Star Wars was ignored by Lucas. Fans need to support what they love or it goes by the wayside. If you didn't like the game or have never played it, then what in the HELL are you doing in this thread. Posting in a thread just to post is idiotic. Please leave and go where you are wanted and leave this thread to the fans, which this thread was create for in the first place.
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 07:13   Link #11
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Too bad PE1 was never released in Europe. I loved PE2, however, and I really hope they'll make a PE3. I don't think those online petitions have ever done anything, but I guess I can sign it anyway.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-06, 15:02   Link #12
outlaw55
Banned

I agree with that others that say online petitions are a waste of time....what good does it do, if i ran some buisness i wouldn't care that so many thousand ppl want me to spend more money than i will make making a game for them, i would make what brings the money in!!!
outlaw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 08:30   Link #13
Laguna
Aikidoka

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw55
I agree with that others that say online petitions are a waste of time....what good does it do, if i ran some buisness i wouldn't care that so many thousand ppl want me to spend more money than i will make making a game for them, i would make what brings the money in!!!
I'm glad that there are still game companys (like blizzard) that DO listen fans.. this is the way it should be. Thinking that it's only the money that matters have brought us endless stream of EA sport games, tomb raider sequels, death of adventure genre, and many other not so glorious milestones of gaming industry. At least I don't like this direction, and I have no idea why any gamer would like it either.
Old 2003-12-07, 15:38   Link #14
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna
Thinking that it's only the money that matters have brought us endless stream of EA sport games, tomb raider sequels, death of adventure genre, and many other not so glorious milestones of gaming industry.
What's wrong w/ the EA sports games like Madden, NHL and NBA. I understand about the Tomb Raider part but come on, sports. Rosters change every year, uniforms change, not to mention power ranking of teams change too. Plus, EA is not going downhill w/ the quality but just the opposite. Its true that it brings big bucks for the company that's why they make sure their version is the best in the market.

I never played Parasite Eve so no comment about it. Horror games are not for me.

Last edited by Gaara11; 2003-12-07 at 16:05.
Gaara11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 17:14   Link #15
Laguna
Aikidoka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara11
What's wrong w/ the EA sports games like Madden, NHL and NBA. I understand about the Tomb Raider part but come on, sports. Rosters change every year, uniforms change, not to mention power ranking of teams change too. Plus, EA is not going downhill w/ the quality but just the opposite. Its true that it brings big bucks for the company that's why they make sure their version is the best in the market.
Yea, ok.. I knew someone didn't like my comment ;p .. I quess EA sport games was rather bad example, cause the quality is actually pretty good, but I still think that releasing "update" on game every year is nothing but cheap way of ripping money. They could release update pack with less cost, but full price ?

Anyways.. my point was originally that keeping fans out of game making process, and playing by rules of cold capitalism isn't good way to go..
Old 2003-12-07, 17:57   Link #16
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeroganeX
And spread the message while you're at it.

(Is this considered spam?)
Yes, this is considered spam.

Incase anyone was wondering Parasite Eve (atleast the first one) is more RPG then horror.

Last edited by NightWish; 2003-12-07 at 18:33. Reason: No-More-Links no jitsu
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 18:31   Link #17
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

It would appear that the purpose of posting this thread is to attract attention to the petition ~ so yes, JAppi is correct, I would consider this "spam" and thread against the rules.

If you had approached it from a different angle; talked about the "Parasite Eve" series for example (only mentioning the petition as a side thought), it would have been ok. If you wanted to include links, you should have put them in your signature.

I won't close the thread -- feel free to talk about the topic -- just no more links please...
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-25, 02:28   Link #18
Arucard Lionheart

Talking Parasite Eve 3?

hey i know this topic is friggin'old but i still wanna know. is there seriously going to be a parasite eve 3? if so then does anyone know when it's going to come out or for what system (if it comes out at all)? i loved the first two and if three is a hit they should continue the series like silent hill and resident evil did.
Arucard Lionheart is offline   Reply With Quote