AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-03, 03:35   Link #1
capio311

Do you think Itachi really killed the Uchiha clan?

Do you think Itachi really killed the Uchiha clan? We never saw him do it. The only killing we saw was in moonlite underworld and Itachi made it up. I think that itachi knows who killed his clan but couldn’t defeat that person so he wants Sasuke to hate him and train hard to help defeat the true killer.
capio311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 04:56   Link #2
Skorpa

Hmmm i dont believe so...

Sasuke saw it himself when he was younger that Itachi killed everybody in the Uchiha Clan. The most jounins and other ninjas know that Itachi was the killer of the uchiha clan.
Skorpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 04:56   Link #3
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

bullshit he killed them all...this nis not about sasuke, it's all about himself
Old 2004-09-03, 05:14   Link #4
tenchir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpa
Hmmm i dont believe so...

Sasuke saw it himself when he was younger that Itachi killed everybody in the Uchiha Clan. The most jounins and other ninjas know that Itachi was the killer of the uchiha clan.
I don't believe Sasuke witness anything. Once he came back from school, he just noticed something weird is going on and once he comes into his parents room, they were already dead. Sasuke didn't see any killing at all, anything he thought he saw came from Itachi Sharingan jutsu.
tenchir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 05:18   Link #5
krem

how many times would they need to show it before you were convinced Itachi did it. There's no two ways about it, as to why he did it I've lost track with the anime, so if it's following the Manga an explanation will be provided as the to the reason.

As for Sasuke, well he witnessed something, I can't remember if they showed it in the anime, if not, then I'll keep quiet, because it comes up later
krem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 06:27   Link #6
Spooky-Electric

What I want to know is, when are they going to elaborate on why Itachi is such a psycho? I want more developement on his past, and why he really killed the clan, and not just because he wanted to "test" himself. What influenced him growing up? Why does he want Sasuke to hate him and kill him?
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 06:48   Link #7
DwArD
mAnIaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
What I want to know is, when are they going to elaborate on why Itachi is such a psycho? I want more developement on his past, and why he really killed the clan, and not just because he wanted to "test" himself. What influenced him growing up? Why does he want Sasuke to hate him and kill him?
Yep. Its weird though....but I do believe that Itachi did not kill everyone in the clan. Besides, if he really did it, he can just kill Sasuke and he will be "undefeatable". Why would he want Sasuke to "hate" him and grow stronger so Sasuke can kill him one day? He definitely wants Sasuke to become stronger for a reason. Oh boy....if Itachi ever learned that Sasuke relied on Orochimaru to gain "strength", he is gonna be disappointed....
Old 2004-09-03, 07:10   Link #8
Wolf-Sensei
5th Hokage

that isnt a bad theory, also it makes sense that ..maybe.. itachi didnt kill the clan and wanted sasuke to grow up with hatred, to slain the killer. Though.. sasuke grown up living upon the idea of killing his brother one day. He is convinced that his brother is the real killer. At the momment in the manga, sasuke is having a big SHOCK with whats happening, dont u think that if he knew itachi didnt kill the clan he would get even a BIGGER SHOCK? He would be like... WTF? WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING ALL THIS TIME? HEY BRO LETS TEAM UP AND KILL THAT BITCH?
Wolf-Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 08:07   Link #9
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
Yep. Its weird though....but I do believe that Itachi did not kill everyone in the clan. Besides, if he really did it, he can just kill Sasuke and he will be "undefeatable". Why would he want Sasuke to "hate" him and grow stronger so Sasuke can kill him one day? He definitely wants Sasuke to become stronger for a reason. Oh boy....if Itachi ever learned that Sasuke relied on Orochimaru to gain "strength", he is gonna be disappointed....
As far as we know Itachi want's strenght why?

1. He killed his clan to test his strenght
2. He joined Akatsuki to gain more strenght(his old "vessel"=Uchiha was not good enough)
3. He is after the Kyubi in Naruto, presumably to make use of it's chakra in some sense, once again it's about strenght

Itachi is a smart lad. He knew of his own strenght and his bright future in becoming even stronger. The reason for him to let Sasuke live and hate him is once again solely about himself.
Strong as he may be, he needs the thought of a current threath. Sasuke after his life, becoming stronger and stronger so he will never lose to will to become stronger himself. He needs a nemisis someone he knew who can fight on equal terms with him eventually.

Besides...It would seem strange that Itachi assumed he is the strongest being alive. So the "undefeatable" part isn't plausible.

Itachi just does't take any chances, someone strong might come along one day...you never know.
Old 2004-09-03, 08:47   Link #10
degeros
Sinner

I doubt that it was someone else instead of Itachi, since it would sort of clash with the flashbacks in the current manga arc.
degeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 08:49   Link #11
Skorpa

All the flashbacks we've seen with Sasuke in the manga. That proves that Itachi killed the whole clan...
Skorpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 09:20   Link #12
Tatay
Aj, is there any1 better?

Send a message via ICQ to Tatay
Or maybe a test to join the akatsuki?
Tatay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 09:42   Link #13
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Why would It be so mysterious If he actually did kill everyone?

Ask yourself whats the point of all these flashbacks?

If the answer was simply yes he did do It, then Kishimoto* would just show It once plain and simple so there Is no confusion.

In my opinion, with all the hype and such a build up, there just has to be a suprise at the end of It all.

So no! I do not believe Itachi Is the culprit, I think we're In for a treat.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 10:34   Link #14
Ippo-Kun
fRoG PuNCh!~!@

it was pretty silly in the anime when sasuke entered the house and he had to take his shoes off!!!!
Ippo-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 10:35   Link #15
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ippo-Kun
it was pretty silly in the anime when sasuke entered the house and he had to take his shoes off!!!!
And what the hell does that have to do with anything!?
Old 2004-09-03, 11:25   Link #16
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

the way i see it

Spoiler:
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 11:51   Link #17
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Whether Itachi killed his clan or not is yet to either be figured out or revealed later in the manga.

Quite several of you would need to realize that this issue is not about strength. It's about power.

I need to become stronger, but how do I get strength?
Through means on gaining power.

How do I know that I've gotten stronger?
By testing the real measure of my newly acquired power.

It is and always will be about power.

That's what Orochimaru is after.

That's what Itachi continues to prove into testing.

That's what Akatsuki wants to gain on.

That's what both Sasuke and Naruto should need to realize in giving serious thoughts about to better improve themselves.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 12:00   Link #18
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

good point, altho power strenght...it's a matter of interpretation.
Actually what you just posted is similair to my earlier post.

You distinct power from strength while I meant strenght to be power.
Old 2004-09-03, 12:54   Link #19
gruvy_qc
(: Ecchi guy :)

Itachi doesn't look like a liar, and he said that he killed them all. So I don't even think why you think he didn't do it. The real question to ask is why he killed them? I think this is why we never saw Itachi kill'em, to keep the suspense on why.... Or maybe he's just evil
gruvy_qc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 12:59   Link #20
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruvy_qc
Itachi doesn't look like a liar, and he said that he killed them all. So I don't even think why you think he didn't do it. The real question to ask is why he killed them? I think this is why we never saw Itachi kill'em, to keep the suspense on why.... Or maybe he's just evil
Yes actually I agree with you, he dosen't seem like a liar at all.
So the question Is why? Was he forced to do It?

OMG I can't believe some ppl don't like Naruto, Its such a great anime.