AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-17, 19:17   Link #641
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
No Haruhi in there? What?
happy about Alt!Yuki faced with blood, though..Looked soo cool.
And the art..
ITS PERFECKTO!
Wow, the facials on Yuki were great.
Awesome..I totally want to see this now.
Old 2009-12-17, 19:30   Link #642
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
I nearly exploded after watching that trailer.
Old 2009-12-17, 19:30   Link #643
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

I think the trailer really shows how good Kyoto Animation can animate when they get the budget *_*. The character design fits perfectly to the mood. Why didn't they just make an 150 minutes OVA with such an quality? Then this unfair cinema treatment in probably one country wouldn't happen -_-.
Old 2009-12-17, 19:34   Link #644
GDB

Umm...

Kyon-kun, raygun?
Old 2009-12-17, 20:28   Link #645
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Holy shit.

Well, my fears have been mostly allayed, and I can now see where those extra thirty minutes are coming from...

And for the person who said it's the old art style, it's not. It's the style they used for the last two episodes of Sighs and the ending of E8... the way everything is shaded should make that obvious, but eh.
Old 2009-12-17, 20:44   Link #646
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Huh... they just need to spoil a few more scenes and there won't be any reason to give them any money for this.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-12-17, 20:51   Link #647
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Huh... they just need to spoil a few more scenes and there won't be any reason to give them any money for this.
But if you haven't read the book, then most of the scenes don't specifically mean anything to you. And if you have, then you could already make a case for there not being any reason to give them money. Especially if you're satisfied with grainy, 2 second shots of various scenes with no audio.
Old 2009-12-17, 21:02   Link #648
Tabasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Ah, but context is everything.

And GDB got there first.
Old 2009-12-17, 21:03   Link #649
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Mainly poking fun at how much they've actually ended up spoiling over the years.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-12-17, 21:15   Link #650
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
And for the person who said it's the old art style, it's not. It's the style they used for the last two episodes of Sighs and the ending of E8... the way everything is shaded should make that obvious, but eh.

The girls' eyes don't seem to have the same K-On! blobby quality, though, which is all that matters to me. I like the more angular style they used before (and have been gratified that recent promo pictures are less blobby-eyed than they tended to be a few months ago).
Old 2009-12-17, 22:11   Link #651
Sho-tan
Seitenkan's Shota

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
No Haruhi in there? What?
...Exactly.
Old 2009-12-17, 22:23   Link #652
roankun
Tsundere Lover

O.O omg... yuki's actually showing a lot of expressions now... but there ain't a lot of haruhi scenes, huh? somehow... that kinda.. disappoints me... but, whatever. that's why it's called the vanishment right? 'sides, yuki's still my number 3 char. ^^
Old 2009-12-17, 22:40   Link #653
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSIDR View Post
I think the trailer really shows how good Kyoto Animation can animate when they get the budget *_*. The character design fits perfectly to the mood. Why didn't they just make an 150 minutes OVA with such an quality? Then this unfair cinema treatment in probably one country wouldn't happen -_-.
Remember! KyoAni's target audience is the Japanese otaku market. A worldwide fandom is just a happy co-incidence.
Old 2009-12-17, 22:45   Link #654
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Remember! KyoAni's target audience is the Japanese otaku market. A worldwide fandom is just a happy co-incidence.
Also, movies basically get fans to buy the product at least twice. Once (or more) in theatres and once (...or more) to own. An OVA (or OAD as many are calling themselves now) would only get the latter's sales.

Oh, and if they sell the series in a 2 episode per disc format, why would they make an OVA that's essentially 6 episodes?
Old 2009-12-17, 23:10   Link #655
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Also, movies basically get fans to buy the product at least twice. Once (or more) in theatres and once (...or more) to own. An OVA (or OAD as many are calling themselves now) would only get the latter's sales.

Oh, and if they sell the series in a 2 episode per disc format, why would they make an OVA that's essentially 6 episodes?
I think I should have used a "" to make it sound more ironical^^. I just meant that this would be better for the non-Japanese fans because we can easier watch it (without flying to Japan, the movie could then "fly" to us) (and I know that they don't care much about the foreign fans in this matter). I know that a movie release normally flushes more money in their pockets than in OVA .

If the movie on blu-ray / DVD costs as much as other anime movies, it would be a chance to get a lot of HQ-Haruhi for less money than the TV episodes. I doubt that they will ask for three times the normal 2-eps-per-disc price^^.
Old 2009-12-17, 23:13   Link #656
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
O.O omg... yuki's actually showing a lot of expressions now... but there ain't a lot of haruhi scenes, huh? somehow... that kinda.. disappoints me... but, whatever. that's why it's called the vanishment right? 'sides, yuki's still my number 3 char. ^^
...I like you.
I like Yuki, but I love Haruhi moar.
Still, I think the animation was really well in here. Now I'm all excited for the date..but that's only when It's in theatres, then we'll wait until Summer or Fall until we get the DVD, then wait for subs...
Old 2009-12-17, 23:19   Link #657
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
...I like you.
Still, I think the animation was really well in here. Now I'm all excited for the date..but that's only when It's in theatres, then we'll wait until Summer or Fall until we get the DVD, then wait for subs...
lol. we're of the same blood. haruhi forever!!!!!!!
...but.. yeah... *sigh*... this makes me fell like this'll be a deja vu of the time when Detective conan was my no. 1. i waited so long for the movie... but when it finally came out subbed, i wasn't interested in it anymore. haven't even watched it yet...
Old 2009-12-17, 23:20   Link #658
SealkidHaruhiism
Haruhi Suzumiya rules!!

Quote:
...I like you.
not really, we might see some Camera rips or DVD rips.......

or we might just wait for the DVD when its out...
Old 2009-12-17, 23:29   Link #659
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
lol. we're of the same blood. haruhi forever!!!!!!!
...but.. yeah... *sigh*... this makes me fell like this'll be a deja vu of the time when Detective conan was my no. 1. i waited so long for the movie... but when it finally came out subbed, i wasn't interested in it anymore. haven't even watched it yet...
I've loved Haruhi since March, and I've been crazy about Umineko, but I'm sure I'll still be remotely interested, if not still hooked, on Haruhi when the subs come out
(Of course I've read the novels, so have a majority of fans, so they'll prolly get the gist of things.)
Old 2009-12-18, 00:13   Link #660
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keri View Post
The girls' eyes don't seem to have the same K-On! blobby quality, though, which is all that matters to me. I like the more angular style they used before (and have been gratified that recent promo pictures are less blobby-eyed than they tended to be a few months ago).
it looks like the "old style" to me too. If anything its the old style+. More detail is to be expected in a movie.

The trailer is making this film really really tantalizing.
Closed Thread

Tags
science fiction, shounen