AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-28, 22:40   Link #10781
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Trusting Laura? OMGWTF!?
What's with everybody's reaction towards me believing Laura has some good information ?

Quote:
What Stiyl said is just common knowledge from the magic side, I doubt any magician out there could be that ignorant about the man who was at the top of the magic side.
How much do you know about the famous people in our time? Sure we have the internet and wiki now, but in the early 20th century? All they would know is that there's a man named Aleister Crowley, who pretty much reinvented the wheel, and was the strongest or most evil. That's it, the details could be made up. It's all heresay after all.
Old 2011-05-28, 23:01   Link #10782
tsunade666

She HAS believable information. But it's not like she will give it too you without trolling you.

It's the magic side. Don't put it together with the science sides way. I bet they carve it in stones
Old 2011-05-28, 23:03   Link #10783
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
How much do you know about the famous people in our time? Sure we have the internet and wiki now, but in the early 20th century? All they would know is that there's a man named Aleister Crowley, who pretty much reinvented the wheel, and was the strongest or most evil. That's it, the details could be made up. It's all heresay after all.
Magic, thats it. Magic ways to research, find and observe certain people even seeing trought their minds. Magic is a millenium old thing in the series so why doubt on their sources?
Old 2011-05-28, 23:19   Link #10784
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Chapter 4 from vol 19 is now complete, uhm?

About Aleister, by "rushing" Aiwass probably means that he tried to pull out his plan in unsuitable media back then and for that everything back fired. Right now something like that was close to happening with Last Order and Accelerator going bonkers, I supposed.

Oh, and magic is a way of getting what you want, not "reading people". In that sense is better than ESP as in ESP you don't know what you are going to get.
Old 2011-05-28, 23:31   Link #10785
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
She HAS believable information. But it's not like she will give it too you without trolling you.
*facepalm*

I mean from a narrative perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
It's the magic side. Don't put it together with the science sides way. I bet they carve it in stones
They're still human

Magicians still fall to rumors and myths.

And i use Internet and wiki as an example because... Well, can you tell me a real life magic technique ?

Quote:
Magic, thats it. Magic ways to research, find and observe certain people even seeing trought their minds. Magic is a millenium old thing in the series so why doubt on their sources?
Because they have been known to be WRONG before

It's not about using what methods- People are still people that can be deceived and tricked even with magic.

Tsuchimikado clearly said that Aleister pretty much were leading Necessarius around by their nose and he clearly mention Stiyl being unable to identify him, what more do you need? Unless you can show evidence that Tsuchimikado is wrong, then we'll see.
Old 2011-05-28, 23:43   Link #10786
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
They're still human

Magicians still fall to rumors and myths.

And i use Internet and wiki as an example because... Well, can you tell me a real life magic technique ?

Because they have been known to be WRONG before

It's not about using what methods- People are still people that can be deceived and tricked even with magic.
Hey, guess what?

Aleister still is human and is a magician too . A proof of his failures are Aiwass' hints about the past and his current plans.

We are using in-series examples only, normal people can be tricked by magicians, but magicians can't be tricked by above average magicians they need to be real pros to do so, and sure there were a good number who spend their time hunting down the real Aleister.
Its just like Laura, she had suspects (which usually leads to the truth) but she had no proof until vol. 22.
Old 2011-05-28, 23:49   Link #10787
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Hey, guess what?

Aleister still is human and is a magician too . A proof of his failures are Aiwass' hints about the past and his current plans.

We are using in-series examples only, normal people can be tricked by magicians, but magicians can't be tricked by above average magicians they need to be real pros to do so, and sure there were a good number who spend their time hunting down the real Aleister.
Its just like Laura, she had suspects (which usually leads to the truth) but she had no proof until vol. 22.
You're trying to sidestep; I ask you clearly now, do you have any proof to suggest otherwise that Tsuchimikado's statement from vol 6 that Aleister had fooled Necessarius with false information is wrong?

If they can even get his appearance wrong, how much of their intel is solid?
Old 2011-05-28, 23:54   Link #10788
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
You're trying to sidestep; I ask you clearly now, do you have any proof to suggest otherwise that Tsuchimikado's statement from vol 6 that Aleister had fooled Necessarius with false information is wrong?
Maybe tricked to some degree, but not at 100%. Just as you said before, magicians not affiliated to Necessarius can be aware of the real Aleister like Ollerus and probably Silvia by extension.
Old 2011-05-28, 23:58   Link #10789
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Maybe tricked to some degree, but not at 100%. Just as you said before, magicians not affiliated to Necessarius can be aware of the real Aleister like Ollerus and probably Silvia by extension.
Fine, not tricked 100%, but it does give leeway to suggest how much do they really know about him- In particularly, the details about his family that you're confident about.
Old 2011-05-29, 00:19   Link #10790
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
If they can even get his appearance wrong, how much of their intel is solid?
Um, so you're suggesting magicians can't change their appearances to throw off pursuers?

*looks at Etzali* Riiiight... And this isn't getting into mundane methods like plastic surgery or whatever we have now to change appearances. Basing it on physical appearance probably isn't going to help, that's probably why Laura had a magical energy detection department set up to hunt down Aleister's magical energy signature. That should at least be harder to fake than a physical body.

And IIRC, Fiamma knew Crowley was alive as well right? Though how he knew I have no idea.
Old 2011-05-29, 00:42   Link #10791
Phibrizzo
Honos628

I am pretty sure most of them have it, but unless you have a confirmation you can't really attack, like you cant be send to jail or police enter your home just because they suspect.
Old 2011-05-29, 00:47   Link #10792
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Um, so you're suggesting magicians can't change their appearances to throw off pursuers?

*looks at Etzali* Riiiight... And this isn't getting into mundane methods like plastic surgery or whatever we have now to change appearances. Basing it on physical appearance probably isn't going to help, that's probably why Laura had a magical energy detection department set up to hunt down Aleister's magical energy signature. That should at least be harder to fake than a physical body.
Yes but that's not what Tsuchimikado said right? He said Crowley had been feeding them false information, leaking them on purpose to throw them off his trail.

Either way it still means that their intel isn't rock solid.
Old 2011-05-29, 02:25   Link #10793
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Latest railgun chapter finally revealed no. 5 full name and face. I wonder if she'll make an appearance in the novel too since we never see her in an illustration by Kiyotaka Haimura.

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2011-05-29 at 11:26. Reason: Correcting typo
Old 2011-05-29, 02:39   Link #10794
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Latest railgun chapter finally revealed no. 4 full name and face. I wonder if she'll make an appearance in the novel too since we never see her in an illustration by Kiyotaka Haimura.
No. 5. Level 5 No. 4 is Mugino. You're a bit late though.
Old 2011-05-29, 02:40   Link #10795
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Latest railgun chapter finally revealed no. 4 full name and face. I wonder if she'll make an appearance in the novel too since we never see her in an illustration by Kiyotaka Haimura.
It's no. 5, not no. 4.
Old 2011-05-29, 02:47   Link #10796
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
It's possible, but even so there's no guarantee that she'll be in the main story imo. Similar to Gunha.
Old 2011-05-29, 02:58   Link #10797
shishio

Can anyone tell me Toaru season 2 covers from which novel volume to which novel volume?
Old 2011-05-29, 03:01   Link #10798
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishio View Post
Can anyone tell me Toaru season 2 covers from which novel volume to which novel volume?

Vol 7 to SS1... Which is after vol 13.
Old 2011-05-29, 03:50   Link #10799
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
It's possible, but even so there's no guarantee that she'll be in the main story imo. Similar to Gunha.
for some reason when i read similar to Gunha i imagined Misaki (i think that's how you spell it) with Gunha's personality, which i think is hilarious. I really hope they put her in the novel though, one more misfortune for touma, cause that's what cute girls usually equal for him.
Old 2011-05-29, 03:53   Link #10800
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
for some reason when i read similar to Gunha i imagined Misaki (i think that's how you spell it) with Gunha's personality, which i think is hilarious. I really hope they put her in the novel though, one more misfortune for touma, cause that's what cute girls usually equal for him.
At least he doesn't have to deal with Misaka WORST and Mugino. That combination is more misfortune than any man can handle.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen