Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-02-05, 12:22   Link #81
anonfr

Found the letter Kaori wrote to Arima.

Is it bad to post? Meh.

Spoiler for Letter.:

uhg. Tears.

Also, I think Tsubaki says for Kousei not to think he'll ever be alone cause she'll always be lurking around like some kind of vengeful spirit?
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 13:10   Link #82
Hassou Tobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post

Is it bad to post? Meh.

Spoiler for Letter.:

uhg. Tears.

Also, I think Tsubaki says for Kousei not to think he'll ever be alone cause she'll always be lurking around like some kind of vengeful spirit?
Spoiler for Ch. 44:
Hassou Tobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 18:36   Link #83
zerozeronine

Question for those that read and understood the Japanese raws

Spoiler for question:
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 18:47   Link #84
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
Question for those that read and understood the Japanese raws

Spoiler for question:
I'm pretty sure its after.

Spoiler for .:
Old 2015-02-05, 18:51   Link #85
itisjustme

Quote:

Is it bad to post? Meh.

Spoiler for Letter.:

uhg. Tears.

That's really moving tbh. Even poignant. I was kinda down on the ending because I think it was laying it so thick it was really telegraphed, but I've changed my mind a little because it created a little of, you're hoping for love to conquer all despite all odds, and the thicker it was laying it the more you were hoping, that kinda effect.

Still think it was laying it too thick and melodramatic though. :P
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 20:15   Link #86
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
not really bothered by Kaori's death since they've been rubbing her condition in our faces for over half the series

I would be disgusted if Kousei rebounded with Tsubaki though. She has zero interest in music, and she has shown to be incredibly petty just because she is afraid of Kousei moving away from her.
Then who should Kousei rebound with? Emi?

(I'm ruling out Nagi... but actually, 2 years isn't that big of a gap - isn't Nagi 12 and Kouse 14?)
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 05:52   Link #87
for3ver
The Lost Child

Well we expected it.. but still... the final lines on the last pages were "soon, spring will come", "the spring where i met you", "the spring where your no longer here". And, we all get the meaning of the black cat right?
Old 2015-02-06, 11:57   Link #88
Oboro

This manga is an illogical trainwreck

Spoiler:
Oboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 12:33   Link #89
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post

(I'm ruling out Nagi... but actually, 2 years isn't that big of a gap - isn't Nagi 12 and Kouse 14?)
Personally, I'm hoping for Emi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oboro View Post
This manga is an illogical trainwreck

Spoiler:
Wow. That's cynical. It's like you didn't even see the final chapter. Or get the overall "Tone" of the series at all.
Old 2015-02-06, 12:40   Link #90
Freeter
beyond

Kousei gets with Emi, names his daughter Kaori, she becomes the MC in a sequel.

There should be an omake where they take her to see the Peanuts movie
Old 2015-02-06, 13:03   Link #91
Shadow5YA

Quote:

What? Why does he have to rebound with anyone?

I think it's insulting to both the girl and the person in question to have to need to enter a relationship to cope with loss.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 13:40   Link #92
Oboro

Quote:
Personally, I'm hoping for Emi.

Wow. That's cynical. It's like you didn't even see the final chapter. Or get the overall "Tone" of the series at all.
not cynical but the true, you may disagree obv, i don't know how what i wrote is wrong 'couse those are simple facts, but is up to you.

I've read the last chapter and i get the overall tone of the series, and those are the results
I really don't care about fanwankin about who's the Arima second choice in Arima pitiful life to come, couse we'll never know
We could know something if the next april ova, the one out with the last tankobon, give us some Canon-not-fanwaning answer, btw in my tastes it will be a bigger nonsense wait for an happy Arima sometime later lovey-dovey with someone, it will be the last coffin nail in this overdrama trainwreck, i could expect as result of the drama so far only Arima having some dope in a station toilet then hang himself whistling Kreisler's Liebesfreud (Love's Joy).

Last edited by Oboro; 2015-02-06 at 13:56.
Old 2015-02-06, 15:00   Link #93
anonfr

Quote:
not cynical but the true, you may disagree obv, i don't know how what i wrote is wrong 'couse those are simple facts, but is up to you.

I've read the last chapter and i get the overall tone of the series, and those are the results
I really don't care about fanwankin about who's the Arima second choice in Arima pitiful life to come, couse we'll never know
We could know something if the next april ova, the one out with the last tankobon, give us some Canon-not-fanwaning answer, btw in my tastes it will be a bigger nonsense wait for an happy Arima sometime later lovey-dovey with someone, it will be the last coffin nail in this overdrama trainwreck, i could expect as result of thedrama so far only Arima having some dope in a station toilet then hang himself whistling Kreisler's Liebesfreud (Love's Joy).
Your opinions are fact ? Wow. Okay no, you took the facts and looked at them from the most cynical perspective. Yeah, if someone you loved dies it can make you depressed or suicidal, that's not what happened in this series. To get it out of the way I don't really care about shipping or who he ends up with much either. But,what I have issue with is that you said Kousei will probably live in regret or kill himself. That just completely contradicts the ending and the tone in the overall series. Kousei's response is that he'll never forget Kaori and he'll live for both of them. He's happy to have known her at all and he found the courage to move on in life instead of being frozen like he was at the beginning of the series.

It's like your bashing just to bash, and changing the context to its most negative light. Cynical. So, so cynical.
Old 2015-02-06, 15:45   Link #94
Oboro

Quote:
Your opinions are fact ? Wow. Okay no, you took the facts and looked at them from the most cynical perspective. Yeah, if someone you loved dies it can make you depressed or suicidal, that's not what happened in this series. To get it out of the way I don't really care about shipping or who he ends up with much either. But,what I have issue with is that you said Kousei will probably live in regret or kill himself. That just completely contradicts the ending and the tone in the overall series. Kousei's response is that he'll never forget Kaori and he'll live for both of them. He's happy to have known her at all and he found the courage to move on in life instead of being frozen like he was at the beginning of the series.

It's like your bashing just to bash, and changing the context to its most negative light. Cynical. So, so cynical.
i didn't express my opinion, i just list what happened, those are facts not my opinions

my opinon is that the author lose his mind at the end and go into an illogical nonsense overdrama (kaori do everything to don't let arima suffer but in the and she "kills" him with the letter? illogical but everything for cheap drama so ppl cry)

Your opinions are that Arima is happy in the end, couse he move, nice to you, is much more cynical in this way imho
after he lost his mother and his beloved Kaori , be JUST happy about movin on in a pianist career, happy to have meet kaori, who cares the trail of death and suffering
who cares, i'm growing, isn't it THIS cynical?

Btw i didn't feel any Arima happiness at all, even when tsubaki said him that her will be like a spirit near Arima and he's not alone, he was very sad and i don't feel any happiness within the last word about "the april coming without her" He lost his love he couldn't be happy. this Just to show you that i read the whole work, unlike you said your last post Just to minimize my thougts, a cheap way to discuss usually, used in the board.

I know that ppl need some overdrama and they are fine, i'm not judging the tastes and the reasons, i like drama too, but the one well written and the one that don't overdrama in a silly way to gain cheap tears in a cheap way (key can do well written drama for exemple, or keep in mind Seo lot of drama in seo's mangas but the drama is FOR the story, he kills also the main heroine in 30 chap in fuuka but the drama isn't just the dying ppl and suffering, there is a lot more) and i know also that some author need to shock the audience to let ppl discuss, like you and me, about their work and have nice contracts in their next works to come, this is the market, sadly.
but Shigatsu is Just an overdrama, the author exceed in drama the whole sense is just drama, as i told i did not expect an happy ending, but a far better one, and clever one than Arima like a buldozer to move on, also if everything collapse around him, this is a cheap way to end a story.

Really what is too cynical in the tragedy about the deaths around Arima? About the bitter end for every char ?
You apostrophize me, that i read the whole story into a too cynical and dark way, coundn't be you that see this mess in lighter way?

so in your opinion, this is a beautifull drama 'couse "Arima move on" and grow and answer me what was the price for be,in your opinion "happy"?
what if not being hit by his mother and losing is childhood to become a genius pianist, stop playing after her death, become brainwashed and in the end when he see some light and hope: boom! the loss of his very first love? what a shitty life Arima Kousei. nice to be you that you could be so happy.

Really? nice to be you too anonfr, far more cynical than me.

Last edited by Oboro; 2015-02-06 at 16:31.
Old 2015-02-06, 16:21   Link #95
zerozeronine

Quote:
i didn't express my opinion, i just list what happened, those are facts not my opinions, my opinon is that the author lose his mind at the end and go into an illogical nonsense overdrama (kaori do everything to don't let arima suffer but in the and she kills him with the letter? illogical but everything for cheap drama)

Your opinions are that Arima is happy in the end, couse he move, nice to you, is much more cynical in this way imho
after he lost his mother and his beloved Kaori , be JUST happy about movin on in a pianist career, happy to have meet kaori, who cares the trail of death and suffering, who cares, i'm growing, isn't it THIS cynical?

Btw i didn't feel any Arima happiness at all, even when tsubaki said him that her will be like a spirit near Arima and he's not alone, he was very sad and i don't feel any happiness within the last word about "the april coming without her". Just to show you that i read the whole work, unlike you said your last post Just to minimze my thougts

I know that ppl need some overdrama and they are fine, i'm not judging the tastes and the reasons, i like drma too but the one well written and the one that don't overdrama in a silly way (key can do well written drama for exemple) and i know also that some author need to shock the audience to let ppl discuss, like you and me, about their work and have nice contracts in their next works to come
but this is an overdrama and the author exceed in drama, as i told i did not expect an happy ending, but a better one, and clever than Arima like a buldozer move on also if everything collapse around him, is a cheap way to end a story.

Really what is too cynical in the tragedy about the deaths around Arima? About the bitter end for every char ?
You apostrophize me, i read the whole story into a too cynical and dark way, coundn't be you that see this mess in lighter way

so in your opinion, this is a beautifull drama 'couse "Arima move on" and grow and what was the price? wha,t if not being batted by his mother and losing is childhood to become a genius pianist, stop playing after her death, and in the end when he see some light and hope boom, the loss of his very first love? what a shitty life Arima Kousei.

Really? nice to be you, far more cynical than me.

Gotta agree that you probably didn't get the point of the story and stuck to the idea that people who loose loved ones cannot move on or should try to follow them to the grave,not everyone are built like that,and Kaori already helped Kousei to move on after his mother's death i.e to let time flow again by making him play the piano again,as with his mother,playing the piano allowed him to move on and for him not to forget both of them.But how the heck did Kaori killed Kousei with her letter?It made him stronger I think.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 16:27   Link #96
Oboro

Quote:
stuck to the idea that people who loose loved ones cannot move on .
nope that isn't my thought, everyone loose someone and everyone need to move on, obv i'm talking about real life, not only about mangas

edit:
Quote:
But how the heck did Kaori killed Kousei with her letter?It made him stronger I think.
Couse there aren't any reason at all to show Arima the "Uso" from the title, not only for the consistency of what she have done before the surgery, but becouse the only outcome after she is dead will be let him suffer more showing that the girl he loved, in his thought one way loved, was really loving him.
At the end this is, in my opinon, a cheap way to let the reader cry and suffer about it, about how Arima could be suffering while reading it

Last edited by Oboro; 2015-02-06 at 16:47.
Old 2015-02-06, 16:28   Link #97
anonfr

Quote:

Really? nice to be you too anonfr, far more cynical than me.
You edited your post to call me out directly? Well then. thanks

Quote:
Gotta agree that you probably didn't get the point of the story and stuck to the idea that people who loose loved ones cannot move on or should try to follow them to the grave,not everyone are built like that,and Kaori already helped Kousei to move on after his mother's death i.e to let time flow again by making him play the piano again,as with his mother,playing the piano allowed him to move on and for him not to forget both of them.But how the heck did Kaori killed Kousei with her letter?It made him stronger I think.
Well, you said it better than I did. I think it made him stronger too. To me, the story was sad, but it was also pretty uplifting. Finding yourself and the joy in the things you love to help you cope through life. I really liked Kaori's letter too.
Old 2015-02-07, 01:45   Link #98
liemtodaisu

Alright everyone should calm down.

The ending of manga now really reminded me of the Chinese song I used to listen to, Tong hua .
liemtodaisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-08, 07:17   Link #99
bastek66

Quote:

No one. He's 14, he has whole life before him to find new love.
Old 2015-02-08, 07:49   Link #100
Tyrhunger
The First and the Last

Sooo,,, she kicked the bucket?
Tyrhunger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music, romance