AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 6 6.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 15.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 19.10%
7 out of 10 : Good 31 34.83%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 10.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 5.62%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.37%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.25%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.25%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-10-17, 04:26   Link #41
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
It is not completely true. One heavyweight arc is already over, so your argment does not make any sense as these fillers would still look better after the first arc when/if they wold need to buy the time until the second one is over.
You mean: complete the first arc and then throw fillers in before the season ends?
Quite frankly, there is no chance for the 2nd arc in manga to end before the anime ends. And even if it by some miracle and a lot of rushing ends, there will not be enough episodes to animate it in this season.
Old 2009-10-17, 04:29   Link #42
Joe_fh

Lol what an episode. It seems like a complete waste. Sure it moved the story a bit - it had hints at least. (not saying mroe since it will be spoiling the actual story)
But come on a whole episode for that? As I said i the previous episode discussion thread they are realing making something like "The daily life of certain scietific Railgun" with well lame interaction. I mean if the're going to make the series about the girls spending time together and growing up at least focus on that and make their interactions actually interesting. Right now th're nither focusing on the plot nor focusing on the characters daily life. They should just pick one of those and leave the other as something that's just on the side...if they keep trying to focus on bothe they'll fail on both...probably.

We got to see a part of the city we never nex existed. And quite frankly it kind of didn't fit in with the whole Academy city setting. For some reason it looked like the old capital in Europe

Well got to say that when the said they're horrible (the photos) I though it would be something way more interesting but at the same time I knew that it would probably turn out funny because well from what we've seen this far the anime isn't that serious plus thay wouldn't go with something as serious as this sounded right off the bat.

Besides I think they can get 24 episodes even if they don't use "fillers" like these. The same thing could have been done in half an episode, or at least made a lot better with a more evil character - not someone drawing eyebrows.

On onther note Uiharu is crazy with computers..."the terminals take too long to process things...you're kidding right XD what's her ability anyway? XD

But the funiest thing was whne they tried do zap Misaka. When i first saw the zapper I knew it would happen but it was still good. And that flashback was funny as well. ( well not really that funny...anyways)

Well at least we avoided seeing a yuri episode where the invisible girl goes on a rampage in the all-girl-school bath or something

Either way I'd be glad if they made it more serious though I can't say I didn't enjoy the episode maybe it's because I like the characters and the setting. I just enjoy it in a different way - meaning I wanted it to be with more action and the like but currently I see it more as a comedy.
Hope they get on with the plot next time
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 04:33   Link #43
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Besides I think they can get 24 episodes even if they don't use "fillers" like these.
They would need to drag out the story to end it with 14 episodes if they don't add any fillers. In other words, there is no chance for it to end the series in 24 episodes unless there are a lot of fillers or they animate published parts of the 2nd arc and give the anime an anime-only ending.
Old 2009-10-17, 04:53   Link #44
Joe_fh

about that
Spoiler for It has info on the number of manga chapters. Doesn't really spoil anything plotwise I think ^^:
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 06:25   Link #45
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Such misfortune.

*scratches head*

Meh, I guess I'll just accept it. This show is going the moe~moe route. If I think about it that way, I'll be pleasantly surprised if any real substance happens.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 06:42   Link #46
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

If this episode is going to have a bonus character with Mugi from K-ON in it, she would make that girl her best friend.

Generally, if I am not wrong, having big eyebrows is a sign of stupidity.

P.S Saten looks cute with a baseball cap!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 08:50   Link #47
TCman

I don't know what the anime creators want with this adaptation, since it's already two filler-ish episodes in a row at such early stage of the series.

Maybe they should change the director. Just hoping they will resume the plot that's in the manga soon (the OP video is hinting at it).

As for the episode itself, it's not horrible, but it's going nowhere, although is a quite funny and enjoyable episode. Speaking of thick eye brows, for me they symbolize wisdom and power (could be translated into wealth and influence).
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 09:22   Link #48
darkmaster074
------

ok let see

big eyebrows + in railgun = fail

how long they plan to keep this????
darkmaster074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 10:09   Link #49
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
This is not as bad as how Shana season 2 started. Look how that turned out at the later half, and I'm pretty sure Railgun will follow a similar suit.
Old 2009-10-17, 10:46   Link #50
Iromaru

So much hate after just two filler episodes... And pretty good filler episodes.

I may be in minority but I'm glad we're getting such lighthearted slice of life episodes and yuri fanservice. And I'm not missing Touma at all.
Iromaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 11:13   Link #51
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
So much hate after just two filler episodes... And pretty good filler episodes.

I may be in minority but I'm glad we're getting such lighthearted slice of life episodes and yuri fanservice. And I'm not missing Touma at all.
Don't worry. You seem to be in the minority here, but just like with the other episodes, it seems it isn't so badly received in other parts of the net. Same with the previous episode too though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
If you are willing to watch that sort of stuff, go ahead. But as for me, I will criticize it.
I see, I see ( ´,_ゝ`)プッ

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 11:16   Link #52
Midonin
Last Engage

I enjoyed it. Laughed a few times, got to see some ESPer powers in action and overall had a fun time. The relatively quick subs are a nice bonus.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 12:13   Link #53
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Well, the school is only-girls...
Seemed like a whole upscale city being girls-only. I want to eat fancy cake too. ;_;

Uiharu being a computer wizard was amusing to watch. Big Brother Mission control flower girl is watching you.

At least this episode ties into the main arc, unlike the previous one. Plus, less Kuroko obsessively harassing Mikoto, which would be a lot less annoying if she was at all competent about it and had a less screechy voice.

Still needing that Touma fight already...
Old 2009-10-17, 12:27   Link #54
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Good episode, nice and interesting. Mikoto on the swing was like an incredible scene that I think was nailed. 8/10
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 13:02   Link #55
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_firefly View Post
I thought that was Yukari Tamura?
I think you might be right since OMNI review of episode 3 said it is her. I guess i need to watch more animes staring Yukari to tell the difference between her voice & Kugiyama's.

EDIT: I just found out that Komori, Uiharu & Kuroko superior in Judgment in this episode is voiced by Kana Ueda!
Old 2009-10-17, 13:56   Link #56
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Hehehe for a filler ep that was pretty good! Ruiko in Toki uniform

They're being so light-hearted in their humour, it's going to really contrast the style once they get to the darker plots., can't wait for the story to move on xD
SoggySoyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 14:14   Link #57
Xacual

My main question is about how the next episode will play out being title Urban Myths and all.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 14:26   Link #58
darkmaster074
------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
They would need to drag out the story to end it with 14 episodes if they don't add any fillers. In other words, there is no chance for it to end the series in 24 episodes unless there are a lot of fillers or they animate published parts of the 2nd arc and give the anime an anime-only ending.
if they keep up with this eps

i will be happy to take 12 ep
darkmaster074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 14:36   Link #59
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I don't care what anyone else says.

There is no need for a filler like this. Get on with some actual plot. The interactions of the girls are boring, and not inventive or refreshing in any manner.

If you want a series for character interaction, lets go watch something like Bakomonogatari instead of this crap.

I repeat, THIS IS NOT a slice of life anime.
YES IT IS, Railgun is a slice of life of espers in a city of espers .
Bakemonogatari is a series is in many ways generic/cliche/predictable, I only recommend Bakemonogatari if you want to watch your favorite archetypal character, no more.

I'm against the fillers but they were original meanwhile the studio is buying sometime for the original source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I think you might be right since OMNI review of episode 3 said it is her. I guess i need to watch more animes staring Yukari to tell the difference between her voice & Kugiyama's.

EDIT: I just found out that Komori, Uiharu & Kuroko superior in Judgment in this episode is voiced by Kana Ueda!
Not only you many others should do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
We got to see a part of the city we never nex existed. And quite frankly it kind of didn't fit in with the whole Academy city setting. For some reason it looked like the old capital in Europe
I'm sure that the studio didn't consulted the the author.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2009-10-17 at 14:52.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 15:04   Link #60
BlueDo

Well, this is an alright alternate lead to the first arc...
Though it might cut out some good stuff form the manga as a result.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote