Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-24, 09:06   Link #2201
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Oo I dunno... Nana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate lover View Post
That's because Kouta don't know that Lucy is a psycho killer after the misunderstanding between him and Yuka. He don't love her, well maybe he does.....It is just because she was special that draws Kouta attention towards her. But in the end, he did confess that he love Lucy for who she was during her childhood and wish that she can regain the good-natured self.
Did he? Well, he didn't actually say he hates Lucy, but he said he'll never forgive her. The only ones he says he loves are Nyu and "The sad girl from when we were kids"... ehe as you already said.

Quote:
I think Nyu is quite adorable although she has an IQ of a kid... But in the manga, she grew quite intelligent.
What do you mean "although"? That's WHY she's so adorable!! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
But you can't deny that Kouta liked Lucy a lot although he did his best to forget his childhood memories but yet in the end he still can't hide it as the impact Lucy made for Kouta was too big, either for the better or worse. Furthermore, Kouta admitted he love Lucy. This is shown quite clearly when Kouta halt Lucy who was trying to go away and ask her to forget her sad memories.
Ohh yeah. There is that too. That's probably my favourite part!!!! ^_^

Quote:
Everything has its advantages and disadvantages. You probably don't know this but the anime was released before the manga was drawn finish, so we can't compare them cause that will lead to a misconception. I also prefer the anime more cause it don't have too much nudity and violence although the effect was nice and the ending is so damn GOOD!!!!!
Errr... huh? You say you can't compare them then say the anime's better....

By the way you guys are posting too much... I can't keep up with the convo.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 11:34   Link #2202
Echoes

Quote:
Sir...what did you mean when you say the forum was hacked?
Exactly that. The forum was hacked.

A years worth of posts were lost, if I recall correctly it was all of the 2005 posts.
Old 2008-01-24, 12:30   Link #2203
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
H mm, heard a second season might come up this October
I'd very much like to know where you heard this.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 17:14   Link #2204
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Those are just weak rumours, like what happened to Strawberry Panic.
Phantasmagoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 18:25   Link #2205
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I truly don't see there being a second season. The way it was set out at the end just kind of puts it in a weird position if it were to be continued.
Old 2008-01-24, 18:48   Link #2206
PastPrime

Quote:
Sir...what did you mean when you say the forum was hacked?
Someone managed to break into the forum and do a lot of damage. Almost a years worth of posts were lost. If you check in this thread, message 1179 is dated 01/04/2005 and message 1180 is dated 12/18/2005. You will find the same gap in every thread that was started prior to 01/04/2005. And any threads started during that period had to be started again. Among the lost items were detailed summaries of the Elfen Lied manga chapters.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 19:33   Link #2207
bongky

Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Exactly that. The forum was hacked.

A years worth of posts were lost, if I recall correctly it was all of the 2005 posts.
Oh my Goodness....that's horrible..who could have done such unmoral things. Curse him to hell!! Goddamn bastard!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
Someone managed to break into the forum and do a lot of damage. Almost a years worth of posts were lost. If you check in this thread, message 1179 is dated 01/04/2005 and message 1180 is dated 12/18/2005. You will find the same gap in every thread that was started prior to 01/04/2005. And any threads started during that period had to be started again. Among the lost items were detailed summaries of the Elfen Lied manga chapters.
Goddamn that person. If I found out who that guy is....he is surely dead!!! So you mean there was a time where there were detail summaries of the manga? How sad...I do wish to see the summaries of the manga. By the way, why would some bastard try to hack the forum. What grudge does he have huh? Goddamn him!!! Curse him!!! Hope someone punish him in the most dreadful manners like how Lucy punish those who try to hurt her or her friends.

Quote:
H mm, heard a second season might come up this October, hehe. Gonna keep my finger crossed....>< By the way, who do you think is prettier, Lucy, Nana, Mariko, Mayu, or Yuka?
I prefer Lucy as she is just so beautiful and her past is so sad....I really feel pity for her and yet she could endure all those with just having a dog as a friend. That's the part where she touch me..T.T I also have my finger cross for a season 2 too...^^
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 19:36   Link #2208
bongky

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourhead View Post
Those are just weak rumours, like what happened to Strawberry Panic.
It's never bad to hope right? By the way, is strawberry panic nice to watch??
Old 2008-01-24, 19:37   Link #2209
Fate lover

Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I truly don't see there being a second season. The way it was set out at the end just kind of puts it in a weird position if it were to be continued.
Does it but it is not bad to keep our fingers crossed. The rumors....I've heard it from my friend, of course it is not official

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
Oh man, the manga.....no!! I wanna understand the manga more, I have so many questions about the manga like why didn't Lucy sense Nana's presence when she was fighting with Bando at the beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andarvi View Post
I'll go with Nana. Also to be able to live trough all she's been and remain a sweet kid at heart, she must be a very tough cookie.

H mm...Why don't you like Lucy? She is much more prettier and when she switch personality to Nyuu, she is so damn adorable, even more adorable than Nana by a 100%!!

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 19:37   Link #2210
bongky

Quote:
We should be more optimistic when looking at things. Who knows if the second season really did come out it will turn out to be much better and more heart shattering. Besides that, I, myself is looking forward to the second season as I can't wait to see the continuation of the series.
Old 2008-01-24, 20:08   Link #2211
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky
It's never bad to hope right? By the way, is strawberry panic nice to watch??
If you're up for yuri, yes

Back to Elfen Lied :

I wouldn't say a second season is impossible. Look at Zero no Tsukaima, they are going to have a third season when I thought it will be difficult to have a continuation. Regarding rumours.. one can only hope, really. (Sad to say, I haven't encountered one that's true.. )

Secondly, I am so darn glad this thread is still growing! I have so much respect and love for this anime and its characters (If anybody cares, haha)
Phantasmagoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 20:16   Link #2212
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
We should be more optimistic when looking at things. Who knows if the second season really did come out it will turn out to be much better and more heart shattering. Besides that, I, myself is looking forward to the second season as I can't wait to see the continuation of the series.
I just feel that it should be left as is, because personally I think there really is nothing much to go off of with the way they ended it and I think if they did continue it would just not make sense storywise. I mean there is nothing to really work off of except finding out who is behind the door. Other than that what else is there. It would just seem awkward for it to suddenly shift to the perspective of the manga.

I don't know I just love this series as it is.
Old 2008-01-24, 21:33   Link #2213
Echoes

Quote:

Back to Elfen Lied :

I wouldn't say a second season is impossible. Look at Zero no Tsukaima, they are going to have a third season when I thought it will be difficult to have a continuation. Regarding rumours.. one can only hope, really. (Sad to say, I haven't encountered one that's true.. )

Secondly, I am so darn glad this thread is still growing! I have so much respect and love for this anime and its characters (If anybody cares, haha)
The thing is, Zero no Tsukaima has original material to work with, does it not? Elfen Lied would either need a complete restart or for the anime to trail off in its own direction, neither of which seem very likely to happen.

In any event, I wouldn't want to see Elfen Lied II end up like Gunslinger Girl II, far inferior to the original. (GSGII is still decent, but far from the quality of the original.)

If a sequel of the same quality were to be produced, I'd be ecstatic, but I just don't see that happening.
Old 2008-01-24, 22:41   Link #2214
Crusher

Yes but they left room to make another season for Elfen Lied, for example where the head of the factory, where they kept lucy, at the end said that it was just the start...

there could be a season 2 made I personally believe. Plus how could u not watch more of Lucy
Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 22:42   Link #2215
bongky

Smile

Quote:

Back to Elfen Lied :

Dude, I totally concur with you. I respect you as an anime lover and having such fine eyesight make me feel so inferior to you. You've watched a lot of anime's and your perspective view indeed is much more mature than mine. But even so, I still have my finger cross for the second season and I hope that it will not end up like Gunslinger Girl 2 as Elfen Lied, in my point of view is a much better anime compare to the rest of the anime I've seen.

Quote:
I just feel that it should be left as is, because personally I think there really is nothing much to go off of with the way they ended it and I think if they did continue it would just not make sense storywise. I mean there is nothing to really work off of except finding out who is behind the door. Other than that what else is there. It would just seem awkward for it to suddenly shift to the perspective of the manga.

Hmm...I see. But why don't you look forward to the continuation of the series? Besides seeing who's behind that door, we might also get to see the real plan behind the experiment conducted by that insane Director General. The continuation, if the rumor's are true, I believe would be much more exciting and yield more suspense than the first series as we will be provided the opportunity to see further of the story and at the same time learn more from it. Won't you concur?
Old 2008-01-24, 22:45   Link #2216
bongky

Dude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
Yes but they left room to make another season for Elfen Lied, for example where the head of the factory, where they kept lucy, at the end said that it was just the start...

there could be a season 2 made I personally believe. Plus how could u not watch more of Lucy
I fully agree with you!!!!! I also hope there would be a season 2 as the suspense they left at the end of the first series is just to excruciating until I can't sleep even at odd hours. Besides that, I wish to see more of Lucy and I want to follow the continuation of the series as Elfen Lied is by far the most heart touching and at the same time able to reflect the evil side of human as it is.
Old 2008-01-24, 22:50   Link #2217
Fate lover

Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
Quote:

Same same, I like the characters very much especially Lucy. She resembles a friend of mine who caught Down syndrome and can't further his education. He is looked down by my other friends but he does not know...poor guy but he is very friendly though. I am lucky to have met him.

Quote:

Maybe they might make a continuation base on the manga. It is not bad, it could start off by telling that Lucy came back and then pick up the story line from the manga cause the first season only until episode 50 something.

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 22:53   Link #2218
Crusher

Quote:
evil side of human
Not all humans are evil tho, some are good like Kouta for example. The anime shows how if everyone was like kouta helping and loving there would be peace.
Sadly that could never happen there will always be evil and hate.. Even in the world today True love is lowing everyday sadly.. Most are splitting up destroying there bondage of love for evil such as money.. If it were true love when u make a bondage with the one you love you treasure it and keep it for the rest of your life because its more important then anything esle...
Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 22:54   Link #2219
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I just want to clear up that I would be thrilled about there being a second season. I just don't think it would work well is all. I guess I've already explained my reasons, but I guess another reason would be that I'd perfer the anime to not end as the manga did.
Old 2008-01-24, 23:25   Link #2220
bongky

Quote:
I just want to clear up that I would be thrilled about there being a second season. I just don't think it would work well is all. I guess I've already explained my reasons, but I guess another reason would be that I'd perfer the anime to not end as the manga did.
I see. I do concur with you. I do apologize for the misunderstanding. I guess I have misunderstood you so I hope you will forgive me. Indeed I also hope that the anime will not end like the manga because I can't bear that sad sight. It's just too heart shattering..T.T

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen