AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-25, 08:59   Link #21
Tsuyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by desirebluesky View Post
well people generaly assume he's chubby based on the descriptions. Shannon said something about him inheriting Hideyoshi's genes, no clue what else she could be refferring to.

chara sprites are not a good reference, for example Battler is supposed to be generaly well-built and high and IMO his sprites looks short and fat so yeah.
Yeah, like what Kitsu said. You're saying it like Hideyoshi's only attribute and inheritable trait is his weight? D: He's like 50 anyway, he could have been thinner in the past.

These are the quotes from the VN:
Spoiler for Episode II quote:

In my opinion, it's not that George is fat or anything, the VN art simply made his looks seem average. It's just that he's a little too bishie in the anime, not too skinny or anything.

I like bishie!George though, so it's okay xDb
Old 2009-10-25, 09:21   Link #22
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

Send a message via MSN to desirebluesky
i'm just saying why some people assume he is. to be honest i never tried to imagine him before seeing anime, never viewed him as fat or not. i couldn't care less about his weight.

Quote:
It's just that he's a little too bishie in the anime, not too skinny or anything.
well he is too tall...
Old 2010-02-13, 18:39   Link #23
Judoh
Mystery buff

Can I link to George's character Song in here?

The lyrics are really cool.

Also I love George! He's so cool in the VN!
Old 2010-02-14, 13:32   Link #24
Pinguma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh
Can I link to George's character Song in here?

The lyrics are really cool.

Also I love George! He's so cool in the VN!
Um not sure but I think you can.

He's generally ok, I mean he's kinda sensible but then he doesn't really stick out that much, he's just...average apart from in EP4. The evil face and the choice to sacrifice everyone else, ''then the first one will be you. Any problems?'', followed by the fight with Gaap was awesome. Since it was a magic scene, it probably never occured but still.

Last edited by Pinguma; 2010-02-14 at 13:43. Reason: Typo
Old 2010-02-14, 19:51   Link #25
Ronove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinguma View Post
Um not sure but I think you can.

He's generally ok, I mean he's kinda sensible but then he doesn't really stick out that much, he's just...average apart from in EP4. The evil face and the choice to sacrifice everyone else, ''then the first one will be you. Any problems?'', followed by the fight with Gaap was awesome. Since it was a magic scene, it probably never occured but still.
Unless we put it as Nanjo = Gaap, then George was fighting Nanjo! Nanjo must be stronger than he seems
Old 2010-02-14, 20:29   Link #26
Pinguma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
Unless we put it as Nanjo = Gaap, then George was fighting Nanjo! Nanjo must be stronger than he seems
If so, Nanjo must kick some ass.
Though... if THAT Gaap is somehow really Nanjo...I'm scared O_O.
Old 2010-02-14, 21:18   Link #27
Judoh
Mystery buff

George's Character Song

japanese

みねこのなく頃に Character Song CD Vol.2
右代宮譲治(鈴村健一) 「愛の○○宣言」

詳細に歌詞

歌:右代宮譲治(鈴村健一) 作詞・作曲・編曲:DY-T

ひとつ 二人きりでいるときには
譲治さまとは呼ばないこと
ひとつ あえない日々もあるけど
僕をひと時も忘れないこと

ひとつ 戦人くんの魔の手が
及んだら平手で殴ること
ひとつ 僕以外の男性の
前で頬を染めないで

キミのためなら
世界を敵に回してもいいさ
キミがいるこの世界は全てが薔薇色だから

あぁ 愛してよ いつまでも
おばあさんになっても愛してよ
ルール違反は 罰ゲームだよ
困った顔もずっと みていたい

ひとつ 僕とキミの関係が
魔法などと考えないこと
ひとつ 生まれ変わっても二人が
また恋人だと 誓って

キミが呼ぶなら
世界中の果てまで駆けつける
キミがいない世界など
僕が生きる ここで生きる
フリーでいても 意味がない!

あぁ 愛してる いつまでも
おじいさんになっても愛してる
この世に生を 受けた日から
決まっていた運命を 感じたい

今夜指環を贈るよ・・・受け取ってくれるね
好きな指にはめてくれ 気持ち聞かせて欲しい

弱かった僕 変えてくれた
君に出会って 僕は愛を知ったよ

あぁ 愛してよ いつまでも
おばあさんになっても愛してよ
ルール違反は 罰ゲームだよ
困った顔もずっと 見ていたい

English

"Sayo, this is not a request. It's an order."

First, at times when we're alone
You're not to call me 'Master George'
Second, I know there are days we can't meet
But don't forget me for a second

Third, if Battler's demonic hands
Try to grab you, slap him hard
Fourth, when you're around men other than me
Don't blush like that

If it's for your sake
I don't mind making an enemy of the world
As long as you're here
Everything around me is perfect, so...

"Even if rocks are thrown at us, I'll take them as celebratory confetti!"

Ah~ I love you, forever
Even when you're old and gray, I'll still love you
If you break one of these rules, I'll give you a special punishment
I want to look at your flustered face forever

Fifth, don't give magic
The credit for our relationship
Sixth, if we're reborn again
Swear we'll fall in love again

If you call for me
I'll come running no matter how far
If you're not alive
Me being alive, being alive now
Let me just say: It's MEANINGLESS

"Even if the sea is gray, if I look at it with you, it's bright blue!"

Ah~ I love you, forever
Even when I'm old and gray, I'll still love you
I want to feel like this was destiny
From the moment I was born in this world

Tonight, I'll give you this ring... please accept it.
Choose which finger you'll wear it on, that's how I'll know your feelings

You changed my weakness
The moment I met you, I understood what love was

Ah~ I love you, forever
Even when you're old and gray, I'll still love you
If you break one of these rules, I'll give you a special punishment
I want to look at your flustered face forever

This is kind of interesting. George's character song is the only one I've heard that has italian style music to it especially at the end. And there are a lot of references to Italian culture in Umineko.

Last edited by Judoh; 2010-02-14 at 21:35.
Old 2010-02-15, 15:41   Link #28
Pinguma

I like it, especially the instrumentals and his laugh... his love seems to have driven him to insanity.

Still find it funny how they ignored him completely for the cover of his own character song, even if it has Beatrice's as well. Poor George.
Old 2010-02-15, 21:53   Link #29
mneme
Is busy drawing...

Yeah, there's a lot of random things that makes me think that George is the culprit.
Old 2010-02-15, 22:05   Link #30
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mneme View Post
Yeah, there's a lot of random things that makes me think that George is the culprit.
Glad I'm not the only one!

I'm working on a theory of my own for episode 2. Right now I'm working on getting screen shots of all of Hideyoshi's stories for reference because I think their really important to the story.

I'll add that in the spoilers and speculations thread when I'm done.
Old 2010-02-19, 19:13   Link #31
Golden Summoner Dre

George the culprit? I would like to hear that theory if you wouldn't mind sharing that.
Old 2010-02-21, 16:30   Link #32
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Summoner Dre View Post
George the culprit? I would like to hear that theory if you wouldn't mind sharing that.
I can't show you here because this is the character thread, but I'm going to put it all in the spoilers and speculations thread. The reason I started suspecting George was because the epitaph murders in episode 2 can be portrayed out of order. George can be the culprit if he is one of the last to die.

Here's my twilight line up so far.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=6189

Last edited by Judoh; 2010-02-21 at 16:42.
Old 2010-02-21, 21:00   Link #33
Golden Summoner Dre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
I can't show you here because this is the character thread, but I'm going to put it all in the spoilers and speculations thread. The reason I started suspecting George was because the epitaph murders in episode 2 can be portrayed out of order. George can be the culprit if he is one of the last to die.

Here's my twilight line up so far.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=6189
Hmmmm okay true....i am going to wonder the same thing.
Old 2010-03-08, 09:32   Link #34
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

So I've got a question.

Why does everyone hate George so much?

I mean I can understand that there are some characters that just don't become popular, and others that are kinda universally hated for somewhat obvious reasons (ex. Sasuke from Naruto), but I just don't understand the George hatred that seems so very prominent. I'll admit he was never one of my favorites, but I've always been sorta neutral to him...but it feels like most of the people I talk to about Umineko hate him for reasons I don't understand.

I'll bite that until EP4 he doesn't do much of anything terribly interesting...but you could say the same for a number of characters, and then there are others who are popular for entirely baffling reasons (Gohda? Srsly). What exactly established George as a 'nerd' or a 'loser' or, Hell, fat? The VN specifically notes him as being pretty average (I think Shannon's comment about Hideyoshi's genes means he could end up getting fat, there's really nothing to imply he's overweight), Ryukishi's art just makes everyone look chubby - Ange, for instance. He's made out to be this unpopular fat kid who no one wants to play with on the playground in the fandom. ...why?

In-series, he's admired by his cousins, the parents all want their kids to turn out like him, and I feel like most of the moments he's had have shown he has a very strong and dedicated personality, but without being wild and rash - such as his rage over his parents' deaths in EP1, but knowing it's the duty of the police to solve the case. His answer to the test in EP4 is a great example of this, too, as his dedication to be with Shannon literally no matter what, even if it means having to slaughter the entire family for the sake of their happiness. I was quite surprised when I first played EP4, because I expected him to give the same answer as Jessica, and felt I had underestimated his strength of will.

So yeah, even if his l33t kung-fu skillz aren't for real (or are severely exaggerated by MAGIC SCENE), George is a respectable enough character. Is he favorite caliber? Not to me personally, since there are so many other characters who shine much more than him, but I don't understand what he did to earn the hate. It's especially strange to me when Anime!George is fangirl bait, and yet even Studio DEEN themselves seem to hate him. Is it just that a handful of people decided George wasn't cool, and everyone jumped on the bandwagon? Or is there really some answer to this question that I'm just not seeing?

I'm just curious, because it's been bugging me.
Old 2010-03-08, 09:56   Link #35
Riza-chan
Only Happy When it Rains~

^ Everyone doesn't hate George. At least I don't hate him, I actually like him quite a lot. I didn't care about him until EP 4, he looked really boring to me, but if he is willing to go as far as killing for love...that made me like him. Maybe sounds wierd but then I have thing for psychos. XD
But how could you expect for such a boring looking guy like George to be popular, if Umineko has tons of cute girls?
Old 2010-03-08, 19:17   Link #36
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanonTheFurniture View Post
So I've got a question.

Why does everyone hate George so much?

I mean I can understand that there are some characters that just don't become popular, and others that are kinda universally hated for somewhat obvious reasons (ex. Sasuke from Naruto), but I just don't understand the George hatred that seems so very prominent. I'll admit he was never one of my favorites, but I've always been sorta neutral to him...but it feels like most of the people I talk to about Umineko hate him for reasons I don't understand.

I'll bite that until EP4 he doesn't do much of anything terribly interesting...but you could say the same for a number of characters, and then there are others who are popular for entirely baffling reasons (Gohda? Srsly). What exactly established George as a 'nerd' or a 'loser' or, Hell, fat? The VN specifically notes him as being pretty average (I think Shannon's comment about Hideyoshi's genes means he could end up getting fat, there's really nothing to imply he's overweight), Ryukishi's art just makes everyone look chubby - Ange, for instance. He's made out to be this unpopular fat kid who no one wants to play with on the playground in the fandom. ...why?

In-series, he's admired by his cousins, the parents all want their kids to turn out like him, and I feel like most of the moments he's had have shown he has a very strong and dedicated personality, but without being wild and rash - such as his rage over his parents' deaths in EP1, but knowing it's the duty of the police to solve the case. His answer to the test in EP4 is a great example of this, too, as his dedication to be with Shannon literally no matter what, even if it means having to slaughter the entire family for the sake of their happiness. I was quite surprised when I first played EP4, because I expected him to give the same answer as Jessica, and felt I had underestimated his strength of will.

So yeah, even if his l33t kung-fu skillz aren't for real (or are severely exaggerated by MAGIC SCENE), George is a respectable enough character. Is he favorite caliber? Not to me personally, since there are so many other characters who shine much more than him, but I don't understand what he did to earn the hate. It's especially strange to me when Anime!George is fangirl bait, and yet even Studio DEEN themselves seem to hate him. Is it just that a handful of people decided George wasn't cool, and everyone jumped on the bandwagon? Or is there really some answer to this question that I'm just not seeing?

I'm just curious, because it's been bugging me.
I've never noticed a lot of George hate... what I have noticed was indifference towards his character but that's about it.

I personally don't like his character very much, but only because he bores me so much. Same with Shannon... and since they're a couple, it kinda makes them both super boring to watch/read about for me. ^^;

Old 2010-03-08, 19:21   Link #37
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
I've never noticed a lot of George hate... what I have noticed was indifference towards his character but that's about it.
Well it isn't that everywhere you go if George hating more like /jp/ hates George. But I wouldn't take them serious.
Old 2010-03-08, 23:35   Link #38
Judoh
Mystery buff

Spoiler for George:

I like George I really do. He's a cool character. I understand that some people don't see him the way I do. For those people I just say without love it cannot be seen.
Old 2010-03-18, 04:56   Link #39
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP

I kinda...Don't like him...
He's nice and he has some nice combat moves but on the other side, I just don't trust the guy... Something fishy...
Old 2011-01-03, 17:19   Link #40
kamuinoyume
OMAE WO SHINJIRU!

George was, for the most part, a sweet character for me. My only interest in his persona came from his strong love for Shannon. He just seamed like on of those guys who'd sacrifice everything to be with the one they loved, and he did prove that in ep. 4 where his character took a shot at the cool territory, which actually kind of worked.

As for George being the culprit, if you're still interested in the theory what with ep 7 and 8, which practically threw us the culprits on a silver plate, I'd ask you to tell me: How can George be the culprit when he was with Battler at all times, and Battler is neither the culprit nor an accomplice? (Yes, I'm still obsessing over the red text, after all, Bern said you can lie with the purple, not the red)