AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-08-09, 21:22   Link #2981
Yolks

Aha, yeah mine started after watching a compilation of clips on Youtube. They were from episode 4 of season 2 I think. I started to read into a bunch of the characters. Eventually I started to read the manga. I was pretty keen on the Eri/Harima pairing. I started to watch episodes of the anime late at night after it be came a brief but satisfying obsession. It's a little sad to see that the third semester wasn't animated, and many of the things that were left unfinished. But, School Rumble left me with a memorable bunch so I can't talk too much.
Yolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 05:26   Link #2982
Marty17
Like What You Hate

After seeing season 2 & the 2 OVA's (essentially eps. 25 & 26 of S3) I was so looking forward to S3 being animated, cuz I know it'll be the last of the series & was eager to see how Funimation gonna work around the CH where Eri teaches Harima English (I have to say, SR is by far the best dubbed anime I've seen/heard)
Old 2011-08-13, 02:02   Link #2983
Yolks

Yeah I was hoping that the 3rd semester was animated. I think the chapters with the third semester seem more plot driven, and had some really memorable moments. And the transcription of the series is definitely well done.
Yolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 10:31   Link #2984
sakura125
~ Oudou Faction ~

well it's all down in the drain now
sakura125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 22:03   Link #2985
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolks View Post
Yeah I was hoping that the 3rd semester was animated. I think the chapters with the third semester seem more plot driven, and had some really memorable moments. And the transcription of the series is definitely well done.
that's the only thing we can hope for.
but I guess now, that the SR wave's already over in japan too,
there won't be anymore animation of SR ((((
Sephiroth_760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 02:51   Link #2986
sukidanica

I love School Ramble and how all the characters where made and put up all together!!
sukidanica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 04:58   Link #2987
harimakenjisan

Wow, cant believe im back here again haha... I recently rewatched school rumble after about 3 years or so and fell inlove with the series again.

Its such a shame to see that the entire third semester was never animated though
harimakenjisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 18:25   Link #2988
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

At least there are summaries of the chapters in the DVD specials of the OVA. Also SRZ's ending should be the real ending. It was more decent than the SR ending.
Old 2012-01-24, 07:59   Link #2989
KMB
Wanderer

Location: No one place. I've been around and will probably continue to move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakenjisan View Post
Wow, cant believe im back here again haha... I recently rewatched school rumble after about 3 years or so and fell inlove with the series again.

Its such a shame to see that the entire third semester was never animated though
Nice to meet everyone - I'm new here. Just made a profile and was hoping to have some nice discussion about some of my favorite manga

Yeah....I'm in the same kind of boat - this is the third or fourth time I've read the School Rumble manga, and just like every other time, I loved the series all the way through to the ending Even now, after years of having read SR, the ending seems incomplete and rushed. And I don't think SRZ counts as a good ending, because everything after chapter 280 seems rushed and disorganized; plus, KJ's future look at Kenji-Eri and their baby is too inconclusive for me to say it was a real ending.

My biggest problem with the ending was that it left too many characters unhappy. I don't mind if it's a cliffhanger and inconclusive, but why did Kenji have to turn into a tortured soul wandering the earth unable to get over Tenma? Why are Yakumo and Eri still pretty much alone, not having made any progress from the beginning of the series in terms of relationships? And why was the ending so pro-Tenma? I mean, poor her, she couldn't get over Karasuma leaving, but how about the other characters? Why was she the only one with a happy ending? I respect Kenji for putting her before himself, but why is his reward for that being miserable and alone?

Anyway, I'm just venting. XD Don't mind me...... haha.
KMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 08:54   Link #2990
KMB
Wanderer

Sorry for the double post, but after skimming through this and some other threads dated mid-2009 or later, I've noticed a trend. It seems like a condition that many fans get called 'rewatch-or-reread-SR-once or more-despite-knowing-the-ending-and-get-a-nostalgic-feeling-of-when-SR-was hot - and - feeling connections to the characters - followed by being hit with the ending again and experiencing the disappointment again - then looking for somewhere to vent and/or make sense of their thoughts and feelings about the series - and making their way to animesuki (or other forums with semi-active SR threads) - to relive all the fandom and factionness that used to be going on - and then hold on to some slim, possibly nonexistent hope that SR will be revisited or continued' syndrome.
Old 2012-01-26, 17:05   Link #2991
Kondrath
The real-life Harima

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMB View Post
Sorry for the double post, but after skimming through this and some other threads dated mid-2009 or later, I've noticed a trend. It seems like a condition that many fans get called 'rewatch-or-reread-SR-once or more-despite-knowing-the-ending-and-get-a-nostalgic-feeling-of-when-SR-was hot - and - feeling connections to the characters - followed by being hit with the ending again and experiencing the disappointment again - then looking for somewhere to vent and/or make sense of their thoughts and feelings about the series - and making their way to animesuki (or other forums with semi-active SR threads) - to relive all the fandom and factionness that used to be going on - and then hold on to some slim, possibly nonexistent hope that SR will be revisited or continued' syndrome.
lol, yes indeed. No anime has been able to fill my SR void. I re-watch it every now and then and feel all the emotions I did when I watched it during high school. I was super attached to Harima and Tenma because I put myself in his place, and a close friend of many years in Tenma's. Needless to say, I pretty much got the same ending as Harima. Even down to her going into the medical field o_O...

I almost bought a motorcycle and traveled the USA but ended up not having enough money. Still on my to-do list.

Waiting for a continuation so I can know what to do with my life, xD...

Last edited by Kondrath; 2012-01-27 at 21:17.
Kondrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 23:31   Link #2992
KMB
Wanderer

Haha, wow, man, sorry to hear about that... that's tough, bud. I actually started watching SR for a somewhat similar reason - there was a girl I used to like who I had tunnel vision over on top of which I used to be kinda delinquentish, so these female friends of mine told me I was like Harima Kenji from School Rumble. As I had no idea what that meant, I watched SR to find out.

Actually, at the beginning of SR, I was Oudou for a while. But after a while, I started to be annoyed at Tenma - I felt bad for Kenji never being noticed by her... how many times did he selflessly help or save her, yet never got any notice for it? On top of that, we know why Kenji liked Tenma and why Eri/Yakumo liked Kenji, but why the hell did Tenma like Karasuma? O.o;

I also started to feel for Yakumo and Eri not being noticed in the way they wanted to be Kenji, so I leaned slightly toward Flag and Onigiri, never fully making my mind up over which I liked better.

But anyway, the motorcycle thing sounds like a great idea XD I'm also holding onto hope for a continuation, even though I'm not holding my breath too deeply, considering everything fans put Kobayashi through after the ending of SR, but you never know, right?
وَكَاءٍ تَرَى مِنْ صَامِتٍ لَكَ مُعْجِـبٍ
لِسَانُ الفَتَى نِصْفٌ وَنِصْفٌ فُـؤَادُهُ
يُهَـدَّمْ وَمَنْ لا يَظْلِمْ النَّاسَ يُظْلَـمِ
وَمَنْ لَم يُكَـرِّمْ نَفْسَـهُ لَم يُكَـرَّمِ
وَإِنْ خَالَهَا تَخْفَى عَلَى النَّاسِ تُعْلَـمِ
زِيَـادَتُهُ أَو نَقْصُـهُ فِـي التَّكَلُّـمِ
فَلَمْ يَبْـقَ إَلا صُورَةُ اللَّحْمِ وَالـدَّمِ
Old 2012-01-27, 01:07   Link #2993
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kondrath View Post
lol, yes indeed. No anime has been able to fill my SR void. I re-watch it every now and then and feel all the emotions I did when I watched it during high school. I was super attached to Harima and Tenma because I put myself in his place, and a close friend of many years in Tenma's. Needless to say, I pretty much got the same ending as Harima. Even down to her going into the medical field o_O...

I almost bought a motorcycle and traveled to US but ended up not having enough money. Still on my to-do list.

Waiting for a continuation so I can know what to do with my life, xD...
Same here man same here...Though I don't own a motorcycle anymore...

True this is a unique anime/manga. No real ecchi or panty shots done here it was just brilliant comedy.
Old 2012-01-27, 21:22   Link #2994
Kondrath
The real-life Harima

Ah, my SR brethren. Haha. Good to know a few of you are still around.

But yeah. I'm still pretty Harima-like, except I don't have the goatee anymore like in my Avy. Have to look "professional" for work :/ ... But I'm still like him at heart. Still attached to Tenma after more than 11 years. Has never changed and probably never will. I'll accept my pie ending if that's all I get.

And in regards to the actual topic, I really can't even remember how SRZ ended. I need to re-read the manga soon. Gonna do that once I get a smartphone to read it on!
Old 2012-01-28, 05:05   Link #2995
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Harima and Karasuma on a wheelchair as they watch Tenma gives a farewell speech to the school and Harima says "Look that is the girl we love".

Nicer and more decent ending than the SR ending.
Old 2012-01-28, 05:50   Link #2996
KMB
Wanderer

Quote:
Ah, my SR brethren. Haha. Good to know a few of you are still around.
Likewise, my friend. Any Harima Kenji friend is ok in my book

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kondrath
But yeah. I'm still pretty Harima-like, except I don't have the goatee anymore like in my Avy. Have to look "professional" for work :/ ... But I'm still like him at heart. Still attached to Tenma after more than 11 years. Has never changed and probably never will. I'll accept my pie ending if that's all I get.

And in regards to the actual topic, I really can't even remember how SRZ ended. I need to re-read the manga soon. Gonna do that once I get a smartphone to read it on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
^
Harima and Karasuma on a wheelchair as they watch Tenma gives a farewell speech to the school and Harima says "Look that is the girl we love".

Agreed...... pretty decent - as I said in a previous post, I really just wanted an ending where my favorite characters were happy/content, even if it was a cliffhanger, so Kenji reminiscing at a graduation ceremony is a lot better than him wandering the earth alone, unable to get over Tenma.

And there's also the vision of Kenji and Eri with a baby visiting Yakumo, Tenma and Karasuma which seems to imply that they get together sometime in the future, though it appears that it was Max's imagination - and that's what I'm going with because it just came out of nowhere, and there wasn't enough background or context to make the conclusion that it was an actual possible future ending.
Old 2012-01-28, 10:58   Link #2997
Kondrath
The real-life Harima

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
^

lol, what? I don't remember that at all. Well... I guess it's not too bad to forget some of the manga. Now I can re-live it as if I've never read it before.
Edit: I think I vaguely remember Karasuma in a wheelchair, but not Harima. I think Harima was pushing him? If not then yeah my memory is shot. Haha.

Last edited by Kondrath; 2012-01-28 at 11:42.
Old 2012-01-28, 15:41   Link #2998
KMB
Wanderer

Unrelated, but random funny moment in SR... one of my favs - when Kenji was going to meet Yakumo in the alley where Hanai and Harry happened to be fighting..... Hanai got all mad thinking it was a date, when it was just Kenji asking her to look over his manga, so he's like "Then tell me.. why have you come here?" And Kenji was all like 'I can't tell him... if I do.... he'll find out about my manga......' so he replies 'Of course... I've come here to kick your @$$!!'

Lol.... that's so random.... he couldn't think of any other reason for him to be there, other than one so coincidental and reasonless? lol.
Old 2012-01-28, 17:45   Link #2999
Kondrath
The real-life Harima

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMB View Post
Unrelated, but random funny moment in SR... one of my favs - when Kenji was going to meet Yakumo in the alley where Hanai and Harry happened to be fighting..... Hanai got all mad thinking it was a date, when it was just Kenji asking her to look over his manga, so he's like "Then tell me.. why have you come here?" And Kenji was all like 'I can't tell him... if I do.... he'll find out about my manga......' so he replies 'Of course... I've come here to kick your @$$!!'

Lol.... that's so random.... he couldn't think of any other reason for him to be there, other than one so coincidental and reasonless? lol.

LOL. He's so dumb sometimes. A memorable moment. That was when Harry first emerged and said something like "So samurai still exist..." when he saw Harima's bald head.
Old 2012-01-28, 17:55   Link #3000
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
That was when Harry first emerged and said something like "So samurai still exist..." when he saw Harima's bald head.
That certainly was an epic moment.

I wouldnt call him dump. It was actually clever. He cares much more about his manga, instead of, what other people think of him. Thats Harima, if you ask me.

Tags
comedy