AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-04-07, 22:45   Link #241
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I would say that it is this. Tsunderes hardly change for the better.
True. Unless they're already better, like Yui from TLR.
Old 2012-04-07, 22:53   Link #242
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
True. Unless they're already better, like Yui from TLR.
Yes, after Louise destroyed my love for tsunderes, Yui came as a bright light for future hope
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 01:56   Link #243
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

oh gowd clare is totally a louis + Aria combo.
actually i think id call her more Aria especially how they both have a slang like kazana, or in clares case charcoal. O.o

This series is hella comedy tho.
I love the MC's S side, and how all the girls fall for it for a short duration.

Also dude Est cracks me up.
You can totally tell she's a 1000 yr old grandma pretending to be loli.

Last edited by aigomorla; 2012-04-08 at 02:23.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 06:15   Link #244
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
One cannot simply ignore the other girls in Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance, EvI.

BTW, Tom, is it possible to add "blade dance" in the title wince it's the one we use for the project in BT?
Eh, how do you change the thread title?
Old 2012-04-08, 08:05   Link #245
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Aria + Louise can become the most annoying possible combination.

In ZnT, I really hate Louise. Sadly Saito just isn't strong and his power is granted from Louise thus...

In Aria's case, I really really hate her. Her only redeeming feature is that she, like Louise, is really powerful and thus targeted from the enemies, while Kinji has to protect her. Aria makes me wonder whether she's really smart or not since she always charges in without making any deduction about enemies. It seems like she's just someone blessed with talents and relying on her instinct more than those who have to work hard to obtain something.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 11:42   Link #246
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Eh, how do you change the thread title?
Try editing the title of your first post.
Old 2012-04-08, 12:23   Link #247
tsunade666

I think the mod is the only one who can edit the title of the thread. Try pm them.

Thanks for the translation btw. Speed reading it while its still holiday.
Old 2012-04-08, 12:32   Link #248
dragon1412

When you press "edit" of the 1st post, press on "go advanced" thats all.

@kleeyook: please dont mention about louise here, because in comparison while they are similar Claire is alot better than Louise.Claire want power, okay she is annoying in this aspect but taken her past she at least have a proper reason for it and more over, she have a real need of power and a goal for that power. But in Znt, Louise simply need power because of pride, dignity,.... and when she had it she act all high and mighty( just read through vol 5 or 6 + and you can see the diffirent from the 1st few volume and it get extremely annoying when it reach vol 13,14 you know when she have her memory erased, your patience will run out )he worse is beside some little affection her character development is progress too slow.

Okay stop here, but the point is while claire character is annoying she is nowhere near louise level . More importantly in Seireitsukai while its true that Claire influence Kamito action the most but there havent exist a clear main heroine from the start with dominant position like ZnT and Kamito is not an M like Saito, Kamito still love Restia too so this is more like the hayate with Athena in hayate no gotoku rather than Znt.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 12:43   Link #249
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Well, people still cheer for Louise to be Saito's main regardless of how much we hate her simply because there aren't better alternatives and Saito is kind of worthless. I want Saito to be strong without Louise from the beginning or by his own hardwork, not through random luck. With that, Saito x Louise is understandable.

OK! Claire is better than Louise. But she's also stupid enough to almost lost her contracted spirit because of her own arrogance and stupidity.

I hope the next volumes will focus on other girls more. i seriously hate it when the main girl is so annoying and the other girls don't get screen time to show their personality or character development and just lost to the main girl because... she's the main girl.
Old 2012-04-08, 12:55   Link #250
Tom Bombadil

By the way, is the Baka-Tsuki site working OK for other people? It either loads very slowly or completely refuse to load the page for me today.

One phrase from Vol2 is "do you dislike an indecent princess?" That's a question from Fiana to Kamito.
Old 2012-04-08, 13:01   Link #251
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
By the way, is the Baka-Tsuki site working OK for other people? It either loads very slowly or completely refuse to load the page for me today.
BT is down for now.
Old 2012-04-08, 13:40   Link #252
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:

One phrase from Vol2 is "do you dislike an indecent princess?" That's a question from Fiana to Kamito.
it was like this since last night.

lucky for me i got the pdf file from the page b4 the site crashed and finished reading STnBD.

dude... mad props to the translators tho.
This is most definitely a series i will follow.

The S Mode on the MC is very nicely done.
How he punks Ellis by detouring her on the cooking is hella hilarious.
Old 2012-04-09, 00:02   Link #253
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Well
Spoiler:
Not true, Restia just allows new Ren to use her. Her contract with Kamito remained in existence, although she just chooses not to answer his summons.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-04-09 at 00:16.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 00:05   Link #254
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

can someone tell us his wish?
Or has it not been told yet?
Old 2012-04-09, 01:51   Link #255
fazri
blacksun king

after i read vol 1 once again i get hate claire more and more.
she have same personallity like loise from ZNT.
really i'm okay with tsundere but i totally hate chara like aria and louise.
why they don't die soon??
i hope they die...
no please die!
hahhh......
Old 2012-04-09, 02:17   Link #256
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

The thing that pissed me the most about the TSUNtsundere characters at the scope of Aria, Louise and Claire is that they're the main heroine which of course the protagonist will always end up with if it doesn't end with harem route.

I somehow prefer an adaptation from visual novel, because at least there is a chance that the main girl that I dislike won't be picked at the end.

What do guys see in women like this anyway?
Old 2012-04-09, 02:49   Link #257
for3ver
The Lost Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
The thing that pissed me the most about the TSUNtsundere characters at the scope of Aria, Louise and Claire is that they're the main heroine which of course the protagonist will always end up with if it doesn't end with harem route.

I somehow prefer an adaptation from visual novel, because at least there is a chance that the main girl that I dislike won't be picked at the end.

What do guys see in women like this anyway?
their secretely all M's ^^
Old 2012-04-09, 03:12   Link #258
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by for3ver View Post
their secretely all M's ^^
Well, I'd say Claire is a closet M since you recall the titles of those romance novels that she reads.

By the way, I found that we have two spellings for the name of the hell cat: Scarlett and Scarlet. Which one is better?

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2012-04-09 at 03:50.
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 03:54   Link #259
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
can someone tell us his wish?
Or has it not been told yet?
I got the feeling it's something he wised for Restia to become human.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 04:38   Link #260
dragon1412

Scarlet is better in my opinion.But you should go with the one you like

@Kleeyook: well that maybe because its the author taste? but anyway dont worry too much. STnBD is diffirent from Znt. If you read both you can see that Kamito have more depth than Saito and well on later volume Claire did change(well, she is still annoying as hell to me but it better).
The most diffirent point from the 2 MC is that the feeling that Kamito have for Claire is not love(well, maybe a little). He is being influenced alot, sure but if you read the later volume you can see that romantic affection Kamito have for Claire is rather weak compare to Restia (yay !) and if you exclude Restia the one he normally give his affection the most is Est.

Anyway when you guy read further you can see that unlike Louise who have mostly 100% of Saito feeling, Claire arent have that privilage and Kamito,as isaid in my previous post, is more similar to hayate with Athena rather than Saito and Louise.

The mainpoint is that in STnBD the line of main heroine/support heroine arent as clear as in Znt and the author is quite well versed in romance so we can hope for STnBD not to jump in Znt footstep.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap